Divorce Rate Skyrockets during Covid

JiggyLordJr

Kingfisher
This is part of a larger spiritual problem in the West. People - especially American women - are not mentally ready to weather hard times and will bounce as soon as the dopamine stops dripping. Poster above has a point too - with all the newly unemployed, it naturally follows that their breadwinner status evaporated. The divorce comes soon after.

So has suicide, so has drug use and other addictive behavior.
The health cost of locking people up far exceeds any alleged benefit lock downs provide.
But on the other hand from the perspective of globalists: increased profits for big centralized companies like Amazon, increase in people seeking 'comfort' in Big Pharma, and if not, then divorce lawyers see a boom in business..

animum-rege

Sparrow
I'm surprised this isn't bigger news. The numbers are shocking and will cause irreversible damage to families for decades. I know my parents divorce did.

The source of the data is totally suspect. This company is reporting purchases of their online "Divorce Agreement," which is a non-binding template, not in any way an actual divorce. They are extrapolating all kinds of conclusions from this data, without any control group. Their purpose is to create something that can earn viral pickup and drive more business for their company.

For instance, many younger couples are using the service, so they claim "most COVID-19 divorces are between newlyweds." Obviously, a more likely explanation is that younger couples are more comfortable using cheap online forms as part of their divorce proceedings. Older couples, with significant assets, are hiring multiple lawyers.

And then there's even more obvious things. They're comparing this to the same period last year. Are they running more advertising this year? Did they redesign their website to rank higher? Etc.

I am not disputing the findings in any way. They are probably, tragically, UNDERSTATING the impact of COVID on marriages. But, I do need to point out that this is typical marketing nonsense posing as a rigorous study.

kel

Pelican
So has suicide, so has drug use and other addictive behavior.
The health cost of locking people up far exceeds any alleged benefit lock downs provide.
But on the other hand from the perspective of globalists: increased profits for big centralized companies like Amazon, increase in people seeking 'comfort' in Big Pharma, and if not, then divorce lawyers see a boom in business..
This is why it was really a coup for the lockdown side to be able to frame the conversation in terms of "health vs. economy".

The economy isn't nothing, we need to be productive to survive, but talking about "the economy", even if you're right, is not a winning angle. This lockdown has killed more people than the virus ever will, and it's caused serious damage to the fabric of society, and our humanity is valuable in and of itself beyond "the economy" or anything else. That needs to be the talking point.

Advorsor

Sparrow
Makes sense to me. The more time you spend with someone, there’s more chances to uncover undesirable things about them. Just goes to show how little thought some people give to being with the right person..

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
The source of the data is totally suspect. This company is reporting purchases of their online "Divorce Agreement," which is a non-binding template, not in any way an actual divorce. They are extrapolating all kinds of conclusions from this data, without any control group. Their purpose is to create something that can earn viral pickup and drive more business for their company.

For instance, many younger couples are using the service, so they claim "most COVID-19 divorces are between newlyweds." Obviously, a more likely explanation is that younger couples are more comfortable using cheap online forms as part of their divorce proceedings. Older couples, with significant assets, are hiring multiple lawyers.

And then there's even more obvious things. They're comparing this to the same period last year. Are they running more advertising this year? Did they redesign their website to rank higher? Etc.

I am not disputing the findings in any way. They are probably, tragically, UNDERSTATING the impact of COVID on marriages. But, I do need to point out that this is typical marketing nonsense posing as a rigorous study.

Very well said. I wish there were more of this kind of thinking in the conspiracy discussions on this board. Especially where health care is concerned. FFS, don't jump into some supposed alternate "solution" just because some guy pumping an e-book told you the old way is a corporate scam.

Regarding the divorce discussion, there should be ways to corroborate whether or not there has been an increase in state filings. Anecdotally, lawyers say they are seeing increases in divorce work.

RomikJan

Sparrow
The problem I see a lot is that woman are so lost right now but at the same time they like to pretend that nothing's going on, and try to offer to do some activity that the husband will find stupid. Like i'm not going apple picking with a mask on , sorry. And lets just say for the sake of the argument the husband says okay lets go. In this scenario that trip will most likely depress the hell out of the husband , seeing everyone muzzled and feeling so stupid, while the wife will blindly still get some kind of enjoyment out of it but she will be able to tell that the husband did not. There isn't much to do with them now and like someone mentioned above these women are not meant for the hard times and will bounce as soon as the dopamine stops. They accepted there is a pandemic and accepted its dangerous to go out , but still expect these date nights to roll forward and expect the men to play pretend with them. Think that's an ultimate killer, the husband starts thinking his own wife is braindead and starts questioning the relationship . This really applies mainly to relationships where wife buys the narrative but husband doesn't its just a matter of time until that relationship ends. Im wondering if relationships that see the narrative the same way also have problems this year ?

tractor

Robin
Worldly people and their problems...

They hit the first bump on the road and they cry. Of course, it's a sad state of our society but I don't care about these people anymore. They don't seek God or advise of godly people. Instead, they go through the hardship of the early adulthood alone, marry when they're financially stable and life is fun. On top of that, they decide to buy a house and go to the Jew for a loan. To pay off the jewish debt, they keep their mouth shut at work even if they disagree with "diversity trainings" or other bullshit. And then the economy takes a hit...

These people are not very different from sodomites and their "unions".
I can only pray that some of them will repent. But there won't be many.