Do Lockdowns work

Do lockdowns work?

• Total voters

homersheineken

Woodpecker
It's really hard to tell if they work since the numbers themselves are worthless.

The tests are pretty garbage with large numbers of false positives (lol @ the entire NFL's coming back bogus).

They changed the rules for declaring a covid death from being science based (and decades of precedence) to allowing the doctor to basically having a hunch or a 'positive test'. Also providing a $50k per death incentive helps bump that too.

Garbage in, garbage out.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
I'm not sure how to respond to this post. Historically, people avoid sick or infected-dead people for obvious reasons. The black death is one such example.

The lock-downs aren't that. We all kept going to the store. Home Depot and Lowes were packed where I was when they were open. It's not unlike the masks. I was at an office this week and everyone was suited up. However, they each would take turns taking off their masks to answer the same phone.

Lock-downs are security theatre.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I'm not sure how to respond to this post. Historically, people avoid sick or infected-dead people for obvious reasons. The black death is one such example.

The lock-downs aren't that. We all kept going to the store. Home Depot and Lowes were packed where I was when they were open. It's not unlike the masks. I was at an office this week and everyone was suited up. However, they each would take turns taking off their masks to answer the same phone.

Lock-downs are security theatre.
The black death had a mortality rate of 85%...

Covid has a survival rate of 98.8%...

50% of all deaths in Europe (and Aus) were in care homes.

Smart measures could have worked there...

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
The black death had a mortality rate of 85%...

Covid has a survival rate of 98.8%...

50% of all deaths in Europe (and Aus) were in care homes.

Smart measures could have worked there...
I didn't think I had to state those facts but I guess here we are. I'll be more straightforward...

Old people die. Old people with comorbidities die faster. No lock-down will stop or change that.

To be even more straightforward...I also lose zero sleep when they die.

The question shouldn't be could lock-downs work. It should be, why do we care given these facts?

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
"I'm not a doctor..."

But from listening to the likes of Dr. Buttar, and seeing 'Operation Lockstep', unless there was a killer virus with a high mortality rate, the cost-benefit analysis of a lock-down is ridiculous;

- isolating individuals from common infection WEAKENS the immune system (see Op Lockstep)
- for every 1% increase in unemployment, there's an alarming spike in suicides, domestic abuse, incarceration, depression and a correlating decrease in life expectancy (see destruction of economy)

There are other reasons, I'm sure...

If this bullshit worked, why haven't people been encouraged to stay home during flu season at the hint of a temperature, rather than be encouraged to work through it, dripping fluid from their head all over the office??

I imagine the less time we all spend around each other, the less chance of getting coronavirus. Just as those who go swimming are more likely to drown, and people who ride in cars are more likely to have car accidents. But we don't ban swimming or destroy all the roads, and we shouldn't mandate that people can't go buy a hamburger.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I voted 'Yes' because I believe the intention of the lockdowns are:

· Ritual Humiliation - You can go to Walmart, but not to Church. You can protest, but only for BLM. Wear a mask at the restaurant, but only until you reach your table. "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."
· Destruction of the Middle Class - Small business takes a huge hit while large business receives a ton of goodies.
· Increased Depression, Suicide, and dependence on big Pharma - People don't feel in control of their lives.
· Polarization between people concerned of govt tyranny vs scared people + people who virtue signal their safety - Divide & Conquer.
· Convincing a big chunk of people to accept vaccines. A vaccine for a Coronavirus is laughable on its face, and only makes sense if you get a new one every year......

While this is going on, all kinds of shady economic stuff (the real looting) is happening. The media doesn't touch this. Nothing to see here!

I believe all this is setting the stage for some financial thing (planned) to "snap" resulting in a crisis which will intentionally be prolonged so as to affect policy change. The policy change will be something really gay.

Anyway, while the above sounds really gloomy, I'd encourage everyone to take a breath of fresh air, enjoy Nature if you get a chance (I'm going to take my Dad kayaking soon), say a prayer & appreciate the simple joys of living. A friend took up gardening and now he has a box of tomatoes!

Quick edit: Funny quote from the comments of the vid Stats posted: "I asked my doctor when the pandemic would be over. He said he didn't know because he wasn't a politician."

Lockdowns work only for the demonic banks and the billionaire faggots who are robbing everyone blindly, just look at tranny loving Bezos, his billions more than doubled since this malarkey began.

OP, you're in Australia, so I won't rip in to you, but your leaders are power tripping insane right now. This is virus hoax is pure witchcraft, and all the gullible gentiles believe in it. No lockdowns don't work for anything other than upsetting the established economy and daily routines of a country's citizens.

SouthernTory

Sparrow
^ You are correct sir it is great for the elites and those in the 'etail' business. Be a good slave do your Amazon order and wear your mask if you do go out so we can get our kicks from your submissiveness. You are weak goyim. They want to break you down no more hugging your mum and dad and no you can't visit them and stay over. I haven't broken laws in the past but this isn't just so I'm sorry all you covid followers I'm going to see my folks if I want to. I believe god wants us to do what is right and just and this isnt .

Yes but only for certain countries/cultures.

A tight 3 week real lockdown can cut the chain of transmission. Literally everyone staying put, military deployed to deliver good to every house hold. Like China or Jordan.

But trying to lockdown in Brazil, US, India? Come on man... it’s a joke.

In terms of social impact, it’s already been discussed. But short, super strick lock down can work in certain situations.