Do you see a major war involving the US in the next couple of years?

bucky

Pelican
This an interesting post I came across on Quora. I'm pretty worried that the US will end up in a war with China or Iran, and it's difficult for me to imagine the US with few "global interests" and not meddling incessantly all over the world, but it's a nice thought. It's particularly hard to imagine US forces withdrawing from Europe, Japan, and Korea. On the other hand, I kind of see the bit about Turkey emerging as a serious world power.

Lots more to comment on here, but I'll leave it at that for now. Obviously no one knows what will happen in the future, but I'm interested to hear the thoughts of RVF members. I found it somewhat comforting that anyone, even some rando on the Internet, thinks the near future might play out something like this.

Here's the link, and I've also copied the content I'm talking about below:

Do you see a major war involving the US in the next couple of years?

No.

Over the next 5–10 years, the U.S. will unwind from all of its past wars and resign from the position of leader of the global order. To paraphrase prescient Geopolitical Strategist Peter Zeihan, the U.S. will be a country with a global reach but few global interests.
This is what is likely to happen:
  • The entire U.S. military presence will leave Afghanistan in the next 12–18 months.
  • The U.S. will withdraws its forces from the Middle East entirely in ~2 years.
  • Most U.S. troops will leave Europe in less than a decade.
  • At some point in the near future, the U.S. will cut a deal with North Korea and withdraw forces from the ROK.
  • At the tail end of the transition process, U.S. forces will leave Japan.
  • Very few countries will host U.S. troops because the U.S. simply won't care to have a huge forward deployed presence anymore.
  • Saudi Arabia and Iran will fight for control of the Middle East. Regardless of who actually wins, Turkey will emerge victorious.
  • Japan will further rearm and rise to become the true military power in the Asia-Pacific region.
  • Japan and India will ally to box in China.
  • At some point soon after the order fully ends, the Chinese system will collapse.
  • Once the U.S. leaves Europe, the following will happen:
    • The U.K. will become a full vassal of the United States.
    • France will go its own way and reemerge as an assertive Great Power.
    • Germany will rearm and be frenemies with Russia.
    • Russia will start invading many countries in its west to regain strategic depth.
  • The Monroe Doctrine will be fully enforced, there will be a U.S. led containment fence around the eastern hemisphere. They’ll only come in to our backyard with express American permission.
If you're interested in this topic, I highly recommend reading the works of Peter Zeihan, George Friedman, and Walter Russell Mead.
There will be many wars, disasters, and famines all across the world, but the U.S. simply will not care. I hope anti-Americans enjoy the future!

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I don't see a true conventional war with China. China's military is too large and advanced for the USA to tangle with. When thousands and thousands of soldiers come back hurt from war the American people will turn on the war effort in a second.

I see a possible conventional war with Iran, which would be a proxy war against China and Russia. Though I think Iran being able to target and destroy our base scared the hell out of our elites and they might have given up on the idea of a conventional war with Iran and will stick to proxy wars (using drones to attack, using ISIS and Al Qaeda against Iranian interests) and economy war (sanctions, etc.).

perros

Woodpecker
They say the next war will be an economic war between China, not necessarily a military war.

I do see a war against Iran if a warhawk president becomes elected or folds under Military Industrial Complex pressure. I do give credit to Trump for not folding under warhawk pressure to invade Iran and fired Bolton when he needed to. He shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
They say the next war will be an economic war between China, not necessarily a military war.

I do see a war against Iran if a warhawk president becomes elected or folds under Military Industrial Complex pressure. I do give credit to Trump for not folding under warhawk pressure to invade Iran and fired Bolton when he needed to. He shouldn't have hired him in the first place.
I have no earthly idea why he hired that Israel 1st cocksucker

Peacock
Gold Member
I have no earthly idea why he hired that Israel 1st cocksucker
To paraphrase E. Michael Jones, the three main reasons for this are Sheldon Adelson, Paul Singer and Bernard Marcus, the three ultra-zionist billionaires who are his top donors.

Neocons are now pushing for Trump to replace Pence with zioslut Nikki Haley, who would probably start any war at the behest of Israel. Pence is a zionist too, but you have to think he's got some allegiance to the USA being a heritage American from Indiana.

If Trump gets elected with Haley as his VP, he'd better watch his back.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Can the powers that be profit from a nuclear war? If not then you're relying on just human stupidity and there are layers of control to ensure that doesn't happen.

If a war happens it is for a very good reason. If say a US/European city were to vanish under a nuke then it would take some time for a counter-movement to stop such a war from progressing on whoever is deemed responsible.

You wouldn't be seeing a Vietnam-era movement getting traction because the anger would be long lasting and deep.

The Quora guy's entire argument is based on the premise that America's huge military-industrial complex will go quietly into the night. Why? How would it happen and who would make it happen?
It's already happening. The US military is not what it once was. Since there's no denying how economically bankrupt the country is today there will be little resolve to fix this.

Scan the headlines; we're already withdrawing from the world stage as the unipolar power.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I just saw that China and Iran are currently in the works/finishing up an agreement for a $400 billion economic trade plan.

That is huge. If the USA wants to invade Iran, they have to do it quickly. With this economic package Iran will become very powerful and very quickly.

STG

Robin
World War III is coming.

Allies: The U.S., the Western World, India, Russia, the Shia Muslim countries, including Iran vs Axis: China and the Sunni Muslim countries.

The old arguments of countries being too interconnected economically, war is too horrible for the average person to stand, etc., are the same arguments made in earlier times. Before Pearl Harbor the exact argument that Japan and the United States were too economically tied for war was made, you can even read it in the newspapers of the time.

The idea that the technology and weapons of the current day are too deadly and war is now obsolete isn't a new idea either.

The man who invented dynamite claimed he had ended war. Nobody would be able to stomach war with dynamite because nobody had seen such a deadly weapon used before. The inventor of dynamite died before he could see his invention used in WWI and see how wrong he was.

https://www.nobelprize.org/alfred-nobel/alfred-nobels-thoughts-about-war-and-peace/

According to the Austrian countess Bertha von Suttner, Alfred Nobel, as early as their first meeting in Paris in 1876, had expressed his wish to produce material or a machine which would have such a devastating effect that war from then on, would be impossible. The point about deterrence later appeared among Nobel’s ideas. In 1891, he commented on his dynamite factories by saying to the countess: “Perhaps my factories will put an end to war sooner than your congresses: on the day that two army corps can mutually annihilate each other in a second, all civilised nations will surely recoil with horror and disband their troops.” Nobel did not live long enough to experience the First World War and to see how wrong his conception was.

STG

Robin
I am a healthy male of military service age, yet I struggle when I think about if I will actually step up and be willing to fight the enemy and most likely be killed in the coming conflict.

During WWII, the soldier was fighting for God, Family, and Country. The soldier's country was a civilized place with borders, language, and culture. He was fighting and willing to die for his people. Many of them had families with feminine women for wives, they were fighting for their families survival and their way of life.

In 2020 we live in clown world. All major American cities are occupied by foreigners. The European American is a minority in most of the major cities. My entire life I was stepped on by the boot of Feminism, an entire generation of women have been destroyed, the liberal rot is present in everything. Men are always at fault, women are always the victim. An entire generation of single mothers and bastard children, along with foreigners hostile to traditional American values. Feminists want equality - yet women do not need to sign up for the draft!

When the time comes and society expects me and those like me to grab a rifle and hit the beaches to be chopped up by machinegun fire, the question is "What are you dying for?"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Britain-fought-say-unknown-warriors-WWII.html

Hers was a small part in a huge, history-making enterprise, and her contribution epitomises her generation's sense of service and sacrifice.

Nearly 400,000 Britons died. Millions more were scarred by the experience, physically and mentally.

But was it worth it? Her answer - and the answer of many of her contemporaries, now in their 80s and 90s - is a resounding No.

They despise what has become of the Britain they once fought to save. It's not our country any more, they say, in sorrow and anger.

Sarah harks back to the days when 'people kept the laws and were polite and courteous. We didn't have much money, but we were contented and happy.

'People whistled and sang. There was still the United Kingdom, our country, which we had fought for, our freedom, democracy. But where is it now?!'

Peacock
Gold Member
I am a healthy male of military service age, yet I struggle when I think about if I will actually step up and be willing to fight the enemy and most likely be killed in the coming conflict. During WWII, the soldier was fighting for God, Family, and Country. The soldier's country was a civilized place with borders, language, and culture. He was fighting and willing to die for his people. Many of them had families with feminine women for wives, they were fighting for their families survival and their way of life.

In 2020 we live in clown world. All major American cities are occupied by foreigners. The European American is a minority in most of the major cities. My entire life I was stepped on by the boot of Feminism, an entire generation of women have been destroyed, the liberal rot is present in everything. Men are always at fault, women are always the victim. An entire generation of single mothers and bastard children, along with foreigners hostile to traditional American values. Feminists want equality - yet women do not need to sign up for the draft!

When the time comes and society expects me and those like me to grab a rifle and hit the beaches to be chopped up by machinegun fire, the question is "What are you dying for?"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Britain-fought-say-unknown-warriors-WWII.html

We're dying for Israel and The Gay Disco.