Do your best to Celebrate Easter well

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Last year Easter was banned almost globally. We were caught unprepared and a lot of us had no Easter Mass even in the US. This year in most of the United States it is possible to celebrate Holy Week.

But this is not the case in most of the world. Easter Masses have been cancelled almost everywhere in Europe. There is no guarantee that you will be allowed to celebrate Easter next year.

So this year, during Holy Week, take advantage to celebrate it well.

As we get toward the end of the week there are traditionally evening masses that have a deeply spiritual and penitential character.

For Catholics there are special Masses on Spy Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Technically there are no masses on Holy Saturday when Christ is in the tomb, but late Saturday night there are Easter vigil masses - similar to Christmas "midnight mass".

Fast all this week. One old Catholic fasting practice was to not eat at all on Good Friday while Christ was in his Passion, and to eat only bread and water after sundown on Friday (he was taken from the Cross at sundown).

Another is to fast completely from 3pm on Friday (when Christ died) until after the Easter Vigil Mass (the resurrection), and then Feast all day on Easter.

J.E.

Robin
My local FSSPX chapel is going to celebrate irregardless of the draconian rules. I don't know about other parishes but mine will not only not close down, but welcome the flood of parishioners. Easter Vigil is also when I will be baptized - I was told that converts were traditionally baptized on Easter Vigil only. There is no better way to celebrate (my probably only and last) Eastern. It has been a long road of searching for denominations and researching history and theology and am blessed that God did not leave me in my tribulations and let me enter His one and true, holy and apostolic and catholic Church.

Anomaly

Pigeon
My local FSSPX chapel is going to celebrate irregardless of the draconian rules. I don't know about other parishes but mine will not only not close down, but welcome the flood of parishioners. Easter Vigil is also when I will be baptized - I was told that converts were traditionally baptized on Easter Vigil only. There is no better way to celebrate (my probably only and last) Eastern. It has been a long road of searching for denominations and researching history and theology and am blessed that God did not leave me in my tribulations and let me enter His one and true, holy and apostolic and catholic Church.I
I am attending the SSPX church that is a ten minute car ride from my house tomorrow night for mass. I will be baptized this weekend too. I am converting.

Glaucon

Ostrich
Gold Member
They closed churches for Easter here just like last year.

Will be fasting on Friday and praying, and going out to nature if weather permits.

There is no craziness in the forest, and I can feel free just for a little while.

I am happy to attend a Latin Mass this evening and one on Saturday evening 20.00o'clock. The ones on Eastern and Good Friday are allready full (max 30 people). There is a big resistance growing in the reformed churches in the Netherlands. The media is focussed in on it to created a great anti Christian sentiment. The reformed churches are still attracting a lot of visitors (sometimes 600) and seems to be the only ones resisting the Corona rules.

Anomaly

Pigeon
Nice! One more follower of the true Christian faith, Catholicism ;)
Thank you. I am a biological Jew and was atheistical for 25 years of my life. I want to one day tell my story of how I turned to Christ but it will involve intense, scathing discussion of the JQ that I was aware of since age eight, though I didn’t know the term. My questions on my kind were answered 20 years ago when I turned to the ‘net for answers.

I am now refraining from such discussion because I am unsure if I can partake in it according to my member status and don’t want to disrespect forum rules.

Well, i
Thank you. I am a biological Jew and was atheistical for 25 years of my life. I want to one day tell my story of how I turned to Christ but it will involve intense, scathing discussion of the JQ that I was aware of since age eight, though I didn’t know the term. My questions on my kind were answered 20 years ago.
Well, perhaps the orationes solemnes on this day helped a jew really find Christ :D

BasedBaker

Sparrow
Man, what are the chances? Will you also be baptized the day after tomorrow?
If not for the blessing of my first child being born my wife and I would have been baptized on Sunday at our FSSPX chapel as well. However we are waiting until next weekend so the three of us can be baptized together.

I was a long time Protestant who only in the past year and half by the grace of God have had my eyes open to the true faith. I can't put into words the blessings and the joy that I have received since the veil was lifted from my eyes.

Polyhistor

Pigeon
Since Easter Sunday has already arrived in Europe, I would like to wish all my brothers here a blessed and happy Easter!
During the night, it was possible to attend mass (with early registration and a sermon predominantly about the necessity of social distancing, but still holy mass), and I prayed for all forum members who will not have access to holy mass / divine liturgy this Easter.