Donovan Sharpe - turning the corner?

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Donovan Sharpe is about as no holds barred a YouTube personality as can be. Though he avoids direct political discussion and doesn't dare delve into EMJ type discussions and can't stand conspiracy talk, I think he is scratching the surface of cultural observations with this video.

It's reviewing an interview of a former Cosmopolitan magazine writer turned observant Catholic. The writer, an older woman and former self-identified feminist, talks about how early feminism was fused with the abortion movement, which was promoted as part of an overall lifestyle by Cosmopolitan starting in the late 1960s. Back then there were actually pro-life feminists who were in tremendous conflict with the pro-abortion movement, which she felt got inserted into legitimate concerns (e.g., it was legal to fire women just for being pregnant).

She also details how the articles were either fake or mixtures of some truth with falsehoods, and directed at suburban housewives to make them catch the FOMO. Donovan Sharpe doesn't go much deeper than that, but it doesn't take much for a casual listener to hear a few names of those pushing the overall agenda and maybe draw some conclusions.

I think it's this kind of reporting that will be more difficult to censor and do a more thorough job of educating everyone about social changes, "news" and manipulation, and where so much of it originates, and why. Donovan Sharpe may or may not realize it, but I think he's helping a lot of people achieve awakenings.

bucky

Ostrich
Donovan Sharpe is about as no holds barred a YouTube personality as can be. Though he avoids direct political discussion and doesn't dare delve into EMJ type discussions and can't stand conspiracy talk, I think he is scratching the surface of cultural observations with this video.

It's reviewing an interview of a former Cosmopolitan magazine writer turned observant Catholic. The writer, an older woman and former self-identified feminist, talks about how early feminism was fused with the abortion movement, which was promoted as part of an overall lifestyle by Cosmopolitan starting in the late 1960s. Back then there were actually pro-life feminists who were in tremendous conflict with the pro-abortion movement, which she felt got inserted into legitimate concerns (e.g., it was legal to fire women just for being pregnant).

She also details how the articles were either fake or mixtures of some truth with falsehoods, and directed at suburban housewives to make them catch the FOMO. Donovan Sharpe doesn't go much deeper than that, but it doesn't take much for a casual listener to hear a few names of those pushing the overall agenda and maybe draw some conclusions.

I think it's this kind of reporting that will be more difficult to censor and do a more thorough job of educating everyone about social changes, "news" and manipulation, and where so much of it originates, and why. Donovan Sharpe may or may not realize it, but I think he's helping a lot of people achieve awakenings.
No time to watch the whole thing now, but it looks very interesting. My ex was a regular Cosmo reader and a few years of it really rotted her mind. Irreversibly I'd say, based on the last few times I interacted with her years ago. Even as the blue pilled agnostic I was when I was with her, I could tell that there was something very wrong with that magazine and women who take it seriously.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
The editor of that rag, Helen Gurley Brown, wrote a book called "Having it All" that sold millions of copies in the early 80s. Screen cap of the best review pretty much sums up what she was all about, and by extension, the magazine focus.
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 6.06.35 PM.png