Dr. Oz called a scam artist by co workers after announcing run for PA senate

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox

I’ve always been skeptical of Dr Oz after he had clock boy on his show

Oz is running as a republican

Ah yes... clock boy... the "Im a scholar and inventor not a Muslim terrorist in training trying to marginalize healthy fear of islamic terrorism in American schools" boy.

Indubitably...

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
It's because he's running as a republican, so his former associates are finding any angle they can to backstab him. They're saying it was illegitimate and insincere for him to run true crime segments on his show, because it's supposed to be about medical things, and he was just including them as sensationalist crap to attract viewers. He justified it by claiming the crime stories had a medical angle like DNA evidence in the case, but they say this is not enough to justify him using this sensationalist material.

I'm no fan of his, and I'm sure he is a RINO and a cuck, but these complaints are nonsense. If his daytime TV talk and variety show wanted to have periodic true crime segments, or any other topic he thought would attract viewers, I say it's fair game.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
He's a grifter who doesn't even live in Pennsylvania (he has family there and declared residency at their address) and entered the race literly the day after the previous front runner, Sean Parnell, dropped out unexpectedly.

Parnell is a ~40 year old Afghanistan veteran, solid conservative with a bright political future who dropped out after his ex wife made highly questionable domestic violence accusations against him and a Democrat appointed judge basically said he wouldn't award Parnell partial custody of his kids because he was a Senate candidate (citing travel). Parnell drops out and Oz immediately jumps in. Nothing to see here.

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
He's a grifter who doesn't even live in Pennsylvania (he has family there and declared residency at their address) and entered the race literly the day after the previous front runner, Sean Parnell, dropped out unexpectedly.

Parnell is a ~40 year old Afghanistan veteran, solid conservative with a bright political future who dropped out after his ex wife made highly questionable domestic violence accusations against him and a Democrat appointed judge basically said he wouldn't award Parnell partial custody of his kids because he was a Senate candidate (citing travel). Parnell drops out and Oz immediately jumps in. Nothing to see here.
I was unaware of the Parnell situation. That explains the TV-esque entry of this carpetbagger. No, nothing to see here.

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I was sceptical after he had Roosh on the show, and this doctor was trying to pretend like there's nothing wrong with being obese.

Wow, I can't believe I just watched this. Really bizarre.

So Roosh is a bad guy because he said that obese women should lose weight? What a bizarre segment.

Dr. Oz is such a phony and those fat women sure want to defend their current status quo.

Wasn't there something in the "Protocols" or the Communist infiltration methods of stigmatizing the normal and elevating the ugly or abnormal?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I was sceptical after he had Roosh on the show, and this doctor was trying to pretend like there's nothing wrong with being obese.

Fat shaming works. My brother gained like 30 pounds one winter and I called him on it, that summer we worked out multiple times a week and he ended up losing all that weight and then some I believe. Maybe you could say it works better for men than women.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
Fat shaming works. My brother gained like 30 pounds one winter and I called him on it, that summer we worked out multiple times a week and he ended up losing all that weight and then some I believe. Maybe you could say it works better for men than women.
Yup. Not for everyone across the board. But it certainly works and many cultures such as France, Italy, Eastern Europe, Japan, Korea, etc, there's a societal standard and expectation for people to be thin. They don't overindulge. If you're 50 lbs overweight you'll struggle to find clothing that will fit.

What that segment showed me is Oz is more concerned with placating the feelings of victims, victimhood, than confronting factual reality, which is that America has a serious obesity problem and the mainstream approach to confronting the problem has led to America getting fatter by the year. As a leader you can't solve a problem without first identifying the problem. Oz refused to admit the problem. As an MD. If an MD tells his obese patient that fat is beautiful and ignores weight loss for superior health, they should lose their license.

I'd also argue Oz is unwilling to acknowledge the issue because he doesn't want to hurt feelings up front, but a result of that is the more overweight people get the more depressed and unhappy they become on the inside. Every single obese person close to me who has spoken to me about their weight fully admits they wish they were thinner. I used to be a personal trainer! I've had this conversation hundreds of times.