Dream interpretation thread

cascadecombo

Ostrich
Ringo said:
Are you self conscious about your mouth, teeth or breath, i.e. has anyone ever told you you have bad breath? Or were you made fun of for wearing braces in school?

Do you live a stressful lifestyle? (Stressed people often clench their jaws.)

Do you grind your teeth at night?

Have you had your wisdom teeth pulled out?

These are all "local" factors that could be playing into your perception of your mouth and teeth. Hence my first post in this thread - it's very hard to analyse a dream without understanding the background of the dreamer.

Fascinating subject nevertheless.
Nah, not self conscious at all, actually my smile is something I get complimented on often. I've always been one to make sure I don't have foul breath as that's one of the things I utterly can't stand.

I think all people have intermittent stress, and while at times life can be awfully stressful, I don't think mine is ever much more stressful than others.

No teeth grinding, but wisdom teeth have been pulld out.

Most the reason I posted in this thread was that I couldn't place that recurring part of my dreams to anything I was aware of in my life. I've had other dreams and could rationalize them into something that was happening in my life.

Ringo

Pelican
Gold Member
cascadecombo said:
Nah, not self conscious at all, actually my smile is something I get complimented on often. I've always been one to make sure I don't have foul breath as that's one of the things I utterly can't stand.

I think all people have intermittent stress, and while at times life can be awfully stressful, I don't think mine is ever much more stressful than others.

No teeth grinding, but wisdom teeth have been pulld out.

Most the reason I posted in this thread was that I couldn't place that recurring part of my dreams to anything I was aware of in my life. I've had other dreams and could rationalize them into something that was happening in my life.
The fact that you get complimented on your smile often could be a piece of the puzzle - messing with your smile would alter the way others perceive you and what you consider a strong suit of yours, something you are known for.

What's the context when your teeth start bothering you? Is it the same scenario playing out or does it seem to happen in different moments out of the blue? Can you recognize any patterns on the different occasions when this happened?

Can you see yourself during the dream? Look at your body or hands, see your reflection on the mirror?

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I've got one:

I found myself at my old religious private school for some sort of founders day event. There were tables and decorations everywhere. I was dragged into a music group with a bunch of younger people i remember from my childhood. I was about the same age i am now but my old classmates were obviously younger.

I think i was volunteered against my will to do this.

I recall one old friend of mine playing the saxophone (he doesn't play sax). No idea why this stood out.

We go into the church and do our bit. The place is packed with people. We did the national anthem to which i saluted for whatever reason. No one else did.

When we finished i sat down at a table near the back where i was assigned. I was with a group of girls who were mocking me for my conservative views. I don't remember what they said, but i responded with, "Not a problem, you all will probably turn out to make terrible mothers and wives anyway."

They got all huffy at that point and hurled more insults of which i don't remember. I got up at this point and beat the living crap out of one of them for something she said.

Needless to say, no one at the event was pleased. I ran out of there but downstairs to the cafeteria where i was getting dirty looks from everyone who were setting up some sort of bake sale.

I stole a cupcake and left. One of the old familiar faces from my past yelled at me for taking it. As i was leaving for whatever reason i couldn't find my pants but i had a robe on. Didn't give a crap.

Made it outside and found my car which was parked wrongly in front of the turn in to the place. It had a parking ticket on it.

Woke up at that point.

Onto

Ostrich
Gold Member
I've been having my dreams analyzed for the past 15 years, and while I've learned some things I'm in no way qualified to make a genuine interpretation.

That said, I'll make some comments on the symbols in your dream. Symbols are universal, but the context they appear can change their meaning.

Before I get into it, seems obvious your dream is about how the zeitgeist of western culture is at odds with your view of how the world should be.

The Beast1 said:
I've got one:

I found myself at my old religious private school for some sort of founders day event. There were tables and decorations everywhere. I was dragged into a music group with a bunch of younger people i remember from my childhood. I was about the same age i am now but my old classmates were obviously younger.

School represents a place of learning. A University, for example, would be a place of Higher Learning, but in this case it's a religious, private school. One that is sacred and only available to certain people (red-pill/RVF forum). Not to say it's not higher also. :)

You have grown wiser with knowledge about society but your peers from your youth have not. That's why they are younger looking to you.

They want you to be in concert with them and their views.

It's not something you want to be a part of. The current feminist culture.

I recall one old friend of mine playing the saxophone (he doesn't play sax). No idea why this stood out.

We go into the church and do our bit. The place is packed with people. We did the national anthem to which i saluted for whatever reason. No one else did.

A national anthem of any kind represents identity. Identity is the realm of the masculine. You side with the masculine, the rest do not.

When we finished i sat down at a table near the back where i was assigned. I was with a group of girls who were mocking me for my conservative views. I don't remember what they said, but i responded with, "Not a problem, you all will probably turn out to make terrible mothers and wives anyway."

You're in the back because you feel like an outcast because of your views. Like being forced to sit in the back of the bus. The women represent the current state of the feminine.

They got all huffy at that point and hurled more insults of which i don't remember. I got up at this point and beat the living crap out of one of them for something she said.

Your reaction is very reactionary. Instead of using knowledge and techniques of dialog you just beat your view across. Something you might need to work on if you're going to get into these kind of debates in real life.

Needless to say, no one at the event was pleased. I ran out of there but downstairs to the cafeteria where i was getting dirty looks from everyone who were setting up some sort of bake sale.

The cafeteria is a place where society gets together to nourish themselves with whatever society has to offer. Baking is a feminine kind of cooking, as opposed to grilling because it's usually the sweet instead of protein rich.

I stole a cupcake and left. One of the old familiar faces from my past yelled at me for taking it. As i was leaving for whatever reason i couldn't find my pants but i had a robe on. Didn't give a crap.

The cupcake is the symbol of the sweet, small, innocent, kind type of feminine. Like when you refer to a guy as a cupcake. You want that kind of woman in society. Not sure about the stealing part. Are you not willing to pay the price that's required for having that kind of woman? Maybe it's suggesting that you'll just go forward with your demand to have that kind. I don't really know.

You're pants would probably represent the masculine. There's the saying, "Who wears the pants in the family?" But it could mean something else in this context. Maybe it represents being exposed instead? I think that's more likely. You're masculine views are exposed, and you have a way of concealing them/protecting them but you can't really go out in the world wearing a robe. You'll look like a nut so you need to develop a better attire.

Made it outside and found my car which was parked wrongly in front of the turn in to the place. It had a parking ticket on it.

The car always symbolizes the vehicle one is using to go forward in life. In this case it's pointing in the wrong direction (for the place you were visiting) and had a ticket on it. I think it means in if you keep expressing your views in the manner you have been it will cost you.
Welcome to the club! :)

Woke up at that point.
In summary I think the dream is suggesting you need to be careful who and how you express your views to. It's not an easy thing for any of us here on the forum to do. It's a learning process.

The fact that you had the dream shows you've already assimilated/know all of the above on some level.

My best guess anyways.

Roosh

Cardinal
The Beast1 said:
I've got one:

Woke up at that point.
You feel disconnected to the people you grew up with. There's not much in common you have with them today. This is leading to feelings of isolation. It's possible you got into an argument recently with an old friend or saw something disappointing that they posted on social media.

Chowder Head

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Is it weird that I don't have many dreams? I may remember something every once and a while. I must not have much of an imagination.

ElFlaco

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Chowder Head said:
Is it weird that I don't have many dreams? I may remember something every once and a while. I must not have much of an imagination.
You might be having dreams but not remembering them. When you are in bed, falling asleep, say to yourself a few times: 'I will have lots of dreams and remember them'. Oddly enough, that kind of self-programming seems to help.

You might not be getting enough sleep to dream. I find that if I sleep a bit longer, the dreams come.

Also, put a small notebook and pen right by your bed. When you wake up, immediately write down anything you remember. If you wait, it will get away from you.

El Padrone

Kingfisher
El Flaco, funny isn't it. Just read an article today about the mexican fedelales promising a 15 million peso reward for information leading to El Flaco's capture.

I know its probably not you but flaco is/was a Los Gente Nueva Commandante fighting for the Juarez plaza.

Haha.

Comte De St. Germain

Crow
Gold Member
I'll bite.

So to mess with this spiteful bitch I was seeing in my dream, I told her I was still fucking this one chick I knew that later became a model for years and that she was nothing more than a side piece.(Note I'd never do this in real life.)

Apparently this becomes a national story overnight somehow or another as someone releases her underage nudes from high school then pins it on me, and somehow involves an ex-MMA fighter T.V. personality I've never heard of that doesn't exist in real life that fights the media on my behalf.

In order to stop the male feminist, white knights trying to kill me, I have holed up in a safehouse with Willy Wonka and an Israeli Mossad agent as my body guards. Of course the Mossad agent is a double agent working for the Saudis that sells me out.

Before he can escape, me and Wonka tie him up then leave him to be devoured by the male feminist, White Knight zombies that start breaking in through every nook and cranny.

So me and Wonka bust out and keep driving in one of those Mad Max styled dune buggies in the search of new pussy.

I'm having trouble making sense of this myself.

iRONIN

Pigeon
I dreamed last night I was at the Intercontinental hotel bar when a beautiful brunette sat next to me. We started chatting, had a drinks, and went upstairs to have an amazing night of passionate love making. She screamed my name in ecstasy before passing the best climax she'd ever had. I woke up this morning in a Motel 6 next to a fat girl with bad teeth. What does this mean?

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
iRONIN said:
I dreamed last night I was at the Intercontinental hotel bar when a beautiful brunette sat next to me. We started chatting, had a drinks, and went upstairs to have an amazing night of passionate love making. She screamed my name in ecstasy before passing the best climax she'd ever had. I woke up this morning in a Motel 6 next to a fat girl with bad teeth. What does this mean?
It means you're a low post troll who should try better next time.

iRONIN

Pigeon
:angel:

In my early 20's I dreamed about winning the lottery. It was very detailed, including standing in the press conference, holding the ceremonial check, cameras flashing, and shaking hands. I woke up excited and started getting dressed to go to the bank to make a large withdrawal. My mind and heart was racing. It took about 5 minutes to realize it wasn't real. I felt physically ill, and laid back down, refusing to answer the phone and was late for work. When finally showing up, my coworkers were deeply concerned from me being tardy and quiet. They thought the worst, like someone in my family passed, or was diagnosed with cancer. I felt foolish when finally spilling the beans. Everyone had a laugh at my expense, but felt bad and took me out for dinner and picked up the tab. That was the first and only dream I awoke thinking was real, and buying a lottery ticket is always is always a reminder.

MKDAWUSS

Kingfisher
I usually don't pay much attention to these sorts of things (a few have stood out over the years, including 1 a little over 10 years ago that almost led to something), but...

So we're at church on Sunday (and for some reason I'm in the gathering space that's just outside the place of worship), and about halfway through my cousin shows up and wants to leave because it was that bad. So we go outside for a bit (we can't exactly *leave* leave, as our grandfather is in the choir), but we don't stay out too long as the weather is about to turn ugly. I go to the bathroom and then we're both off to what's essentially the church's reception area, where the roof is missing (for some unexplained reason, and it wasn't due to the weather) yet now the sun is coming back out. A few people are setting up for "coffee and donuts" which is about to happen in a few minutes at this point. My cousin starts drawing a logo for the next governor (I don't know who, as it wasn't who the next governor is actually going to be), and then after all that, someone who I know only on a name-and-face basis shows up (and this was someone I haven't seen in over 10 years), and as that conversation (about I don't know what anymore) starts, I realize I overslept (I'm not late to anything, BTW) and it's 10 AM. I'm now left wondering what the heck that was about, why my cousin found church boring enough to want to leave (she's 18 and has sat through them before), why the hell the roof was missing, and why Miss Name-And-Face makes an appearance at the end (I barely know her, I don't think she knows or remembers me)...

Andy_B

Kingfisher
Gold Member
You ever experience sleep paralysis?

This dream was basically like halfway between sleep paralysis and a regular dream.

It started off with me just lying in my bed, but there's this vague sense of unease and I can hear noises in the room.

Eventually I ascertain that the noises are my roommate banging his GF. Next, I 'wake up' (not really, just in the dream). My roommate is at my bedside, telling me that I'm not in my apartment anymore, and I look around, and sure enough it's a different apartment. The layout is different.

Then my roommate opens a door, and there's 3 naked guys in a bathtub together. On closer inspection, these guys are all hideously deformed. Most just moderate facial deformities, but some really badly, like one guy had 5 heads.

Eventually this turns into a scene in a sauna where I'm walking around all these naked deformed guys and I'm really creeped out.

Next the dream goes to a scene where I'm in this mansion. I don't remember much about what happened here, but I think the deformed people were still present in the dream.

Next I'm at my roommate's GF's apartment. Everybody is doing coke, and my roommate's GF offers me some.

Next, I'm back in my old hometown walking around with my best friend. I look at his face and he has white under his nose, like people sometimes have when they're doing a lot of coke. Eventually a coke dealer approaches me and offers me some coke, and starts chasing me when I say no.

The weird thing about this dream is, almost everything in it has meaning:

Shit with my roommate/changing rooms: anxiety about having to move out in November.

Deformed men: I obsess over my looks a lot, have a moderate deformity of the hands.

Old best friend: I'm seeing this guy next week, for the first time in like 5 years.

Cocaine: I have longstanding substance abuse issues, and had a problem with coke for a while.

Fuck bros, I think my brain is trying to tell me to majorly get my shit together.

PainPositive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Roosh said:
PainPositive said:
I'm in Afghanistan on a patrol. We are in a firefight. I'm looking to my left and to my right, I see everyone in my platoon is on line and behind cover. I look to my best friend and he has a blank expression on his face. He stands up slowly from behind his cover. I scream for him to get down. His head explodes. I look to my teammates they all have the same blank expression my friend had. They stand one by one and are shot in the head. I'm screaming and yelling but they don't hear me. My voice is muffled. I watch them all die one at a time. I'm begging and I'm crying. "I love you" someone says. I thought it was me but I'm not sure. They are all dead but their eyes are open and they are looking at me. Sgt. Sanchez stares at me. I'm alone now but I see a mountain. I start to climb. With each step I get smaller and younger My rifle is heavy my boots don't fit. My helmet is too big. My uniform is huge. I'm about eight years old. I reach the top of the mountain or hill and my father is there. He has a yellow hardhat and a tool belt on. He's working. I start yelling at him that it's all his fault my friends died. He looks up at me and points to something. Sometimes he laughs.

I used to have this dream a lot now it's only once or twice a year.
You feel a sense of helplessness for not being able to help those closest to you. You may have doubts about an event in the past where you wonder if you could have done more to help someone who was hurt or killed. The mountain scene is your mind's effort at relieving personal guilt and trying to place it someone else, in this case your father, whose guidance or instruction may have led to a certain path.
You sound like you're well read on this subject; it seems accurate. How do you know this or where do you get your analysis from?

sterling_archer

Hummingbird
Great thread!

I have experience in this sort of stuff, so here is my take on this. I advise people here to stop bothering themselves with dream interpretation and instead concentrate exclusively on making all dreams lucid.
Lucid dreaming is important method of exploration of subconsciousness and has been done from the antiquity in various cultures throughout the world. Dream interpretation is just a shade compared to this knowledge.
Also, there is old advice stemming from oneironaut (lucid dreamers) community and that is "don't talk about your dreams". Like fight club, you don't talk about them to others. Dreams are part of you (also of collective) but every experience is only for you alone, with you as the focal point of understanding them. No others should interpret your dreams.

That being said, if there are guys here interested in lucid dreaming; how to achieve lucidity and what dreams actually are, I could create new thread.