Economic effects of the Russo-Ukrainian War

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Russia winning the diplomatic war, bigly, making inroads in Africa, with local leaders pledging continued trading with Russia.

This is an interesting time in the war, time when reality is starting to catch up to the propaganda war, which is the only war in which Russia was losing, because they have been crushing on the economic and military front. It's fun to see the NOW waking up to this reality...

great_reset_monkeywrench-1536x1165.jpg

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
JP Morgan says Gas is going to $6 a gallon. This has to be absolutely destroying commuters.

Its already close or at 2 GBP a litre at the pumps here at Esso, BP, Texaco stations which are always higher. Once those prices reach £2 GBP at supermarket forecourts it will be the start of major problems coming.

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant

Cynllo

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Reading through this thread it looks like Russia and China have been preparing for these events for some time and are reacting quickly.

Meanwhile all our governments that are penetrated by Klaus Schwab, who is obsessed with how we might deal with every situation, are slow and seem to have little up their sleeve.

If you put it all together, I'd guess they must have a trump card that they hope will take out Russia, China etc. too. They can head to their NZ bunkers when the crash hits and come out when a few billion have perished.

Any ideas of cards they could play in such a scenario?

Easy_C

Peacock
Reading through this thread it looks like Russia and China have been preparing for these events for some time and are reacting quickly.

Meanwhile all our governments that are penetrated by Klaus Schwab, who is obsessed with how we might deal with every situation, are slow and seem to have little up their sleeve.

If you put it all together, I'd guess they must have a trump card that they hope will take out Russia, China etc. too. They can head to their NZ bunkers when the crash hits and come out when a few billion have perished.

Any ideas of cards they could play in such a scenario?

Not likely. They seem to think that getting Russia to invade Ukraine was the trump card. That was supposed to result in: Russia invades -> Russian military gets bogged down -> Russian military repeat of Afghanistan -> People become unhappy with Putin -> Putin gets color revolutioned -> Hand-picked puppet is installed and breaks Russia up.

They actually think they can beat Russia in a conventional war. Which...to some extent it appears that way at face value, but any kind of protracted campaign would be devastating for the West because Russia has strong domestic production capacity whereas the West has destroyed most of theirs. It's a bit of a reverse World War 2 situation where the West needs to win quickly before their opponent's industrial base turns the tide.

CaliforniaBased

Robin
Catholic
Not likely. They seem to think that getting Russia to invade Ukraine was the trump card. That was supposed to result in: Russia invades -> Russian military gets bogged down -> Russian military repeat of Afghanistan -> People become unhappy with Putin -> Putin gets color revolutioned -> Hand-picked puppet is installed and breaks Russia up.

They actually think they can beat Russia in a conventional war. Which...to some extent it appears that way at face value, but any kind of protracted campaign would be devastating for the West because Russia has strong domestic production capacity whereas the West has destroyed most of theirs. It's a bit of a reverse World War 2 situation where the West needs to win quickly before their opponent's industrial base turns the tide.

The USA still has strong domestic production capabilities in armaments, though many industries like steel which are the precursor to most production have been in decline. Russia also has far less people than the USA.

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
I know that it's not of great character to whine but I am really not enjoying this crunch, and it's making me miserable.

Me and my housemate combined have an income of over six figures (not too much past that). We're not in dire straits, but we're still feeling the pinch of gas prices and groceries, and I'm trying as hard as I can to eat most (for now, free) meals at work so that the grocery bill isn't so high.

As my job is service industry I can say that I'm sometimes up half the night worrying about when prices will start impacting my hours. I've begun to stress out about little things like lights being left on, because I'm obsessed with trying not to waste money. I've lost most interest in things like eating out or doing anything outside of being at work, being at home, or maybe exercising.

We share the car. I doubt highly that I'm going to get my own this year, I've given up on it. I'm debt-free as of this year, but I am worried that that isn't going to be worth much, as the grocery bill is gonna be like what, a thousand bucks a month? It's heading in that direction.

I just feel like this is some kind of new normal, like gas is not going to ever go below four dollars ever again, and we're gonna get slapped with another stupid lockdown and crime is going to keep going up. Worst part of all of this is that I actually love my job, and my coworkers - and they like me. But I don't want to be social with coworkers outside of work, because let's face it - all of this makes me want to spend more and more time alone. I'm too stressed out to want to make friends with anyone, and I turn down offers & ignore texts often.

I'm sorry if this post didn't have much of a point. I just wonder if anyone else feels like this. Lockdownerism ended just in time for life to become completely unaffordable. I almost wonder if it's going to be like this forever.

Easy_C

Peacock
We share the car. I doubt highly that I'm going to get my own this year, I've given up on it. I'm debt-free as of this year, but I am worried that that isn't going to be worth much, as the grocery bill is gonna be like what, a thousand bucks a month? It's heading in that direction.
What I would suggest: buy your hard asset purchases now. That’s the best way to survive rapid inflation.

And it won’t go on like this forever.

Because most people are NOT at six figure incomes, let alone in an affordable cost of living area. The cracks in the dam are now starting to leak and something has to give.

FrancisK

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
I know that it's not of great character to whine but I am really not enjoying this crunch, and it's making me miserable.

Me and my housemate combined have an income of over six figures (not too much past that). We're not in dire straits, but we're still feeling the pinch of gas prices and groceries, and I'm trying as hard as I can to eat most (for now, free) meals at work so that the grocery bill isn't so high.

As my job is service industry I can say that I'm sometimes up half the night worrying about when prices will start impacting my hours. I've begun to stress out about little things like lights being left on, because I'm obsessed with trying not to waste money. I've lost most interest in things like eating out or doing anything outside of being at work, being at home, or maybe exercising.

I just feel like this is some kind of new normal, like gas is not going to ever go below four dollars ever again, and we're gonna get slapped with another stupid lockdown and crime is going to keep going up. Worst part of all of this is that I actually love my job, and my coworkers - and they like me. But I don't want to be social with coworkers outside of work, because let's face it - all of this makes me want to spend more and more time alone. I'm too stressed out to want to make friends with anyone, and I turn down offers & ignore texts often.

I'm sorry if this post didn't have much of a point. I just wonder if anyone else feels like this. Lockdownerism ended just in time for life to become completely unaffordable. I almost wonder if it's going to be like this forever.

It's tough I understand how you feel you're not alone brother, I'm in a similiar boat I'm not hurting for anything at all but I also don't work my tail off just to blow it on the price of gas and food, much less the crazy price of a flight anywhere right now. I'm not trying to sound like some saint humanitarian but it's other people I worry about, some people just have normal jobs and families how do they manage when the cost of things have doubled and tripled? I've worked hard in my life, kept my nose clean and done well but am I supposed to just not worry when it cost me $120 to fill up my gas tank the other day? I don't want to go and do things or even drive my nice car because it makes me feel dumb and wasteful, and you do notice it people do look at you very spiteful and it's hard to fault them for it. It simply feels irresponsible right now, shameful what they have done to our lives...

FrancisK

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
What I would suggest: buy your hard asset purchases now. That’s the best way to survive rapid inflation.

And it won’t go on like this forever.

Because most people are NOT at six figure incomes, let alone in an affordable cost of living area. The cracks in the dam are now starting to leak and something has to give.

You mean because money is still cheap? As in buy a house, buy land or a business? Can you elaborate, I'm always interested in things like this as my money is currently rotting in a bank account and I feel like my businesses will dip severely when things finally hit the fan. I've considered selling at least one arm of my business and it would bring a small fortune right now probably 5x net for what it is but then i just have more money rotting in the bank, investments are very hard to come by right now.

Easy_C

Peacock
You mean because money is still cheap? As in buy a house, buy land or a business? Can you elaborate, I'm always interested in things like this as my money is currently rotting in a bank account and I feel like my businesses will dip severely when things finally hit the fan. I've considered selling at least one arm of my business and it would bring a small fortune right now probably 5x net for what it is but then i just have more money rotting in the bank, investments are very hard to come by right now.