Economic effects of the Russo-Ukrainian War

Gazprom announced that gas supplies to Europe will be reduced from 100 million cubic meters to 67. The official reason is the failure of Siemens to fulfill its obligations to repair equipment. - gas prices will go up /again/
gazprom.JPG
"A machine used in shipping Russian natural gas to Germany has been caught up in Canadian sanctions imposed against Moscow, prompting a steep drop in flows in a key Russian pipeline and contributing to a surge in European natural gas prices on Tuesday.
Gazprom, the Russian gas monopoly, said on Twitter on Tuesday that it was reducing the amount of gas it sends to Germany via the Nord Stream pipeline by about 40 percent because a turbine sent for repairs had not been returned “in due time.” (...)"

"An announcement by Russia’s Gazprom to reduce natural gas supplies to Germany via the Nord Stream offshore pipeline has led to fears that Moscow could decide to use the fossil fuel to put its biggest European customer under pressure in response to western sanctions. German economy minister Robert Habeck said Gazprom's move could be a "political decision". (...)"

"In addition to the Nord Stream supply issues, an incident at an LNG export terminal in the United States is adding to concerns in Europe and Germany. A fire at the Freeport LNG terminal in Texas on June 8 prompted an immediate shutdown of the facility's three liquefaction trains. The damage would keep the plant fully offline until September with only partial operation through year-end, raising the risk of gas shortages in Europe, reported Reuters. Analysts said that around 70 percent of Freeport monthly supplies in the past few months went to the European Union and Britain."

Last edited:

mountainaire

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I've been saying it for a while. Much of our ruling elite are 3rd-4th generation brats. No one in charge of anything now got there due to their brilliance and competence as a leader.

The funny thing is, this was supposed to be the best and brightest they had. Just look at Biden's cabinet appointees and notice that an unusually large number of them belong to a certain rootless international clique...

The Biden admin has been an "all hands on deck" scenario for the ruling elite, and yet they are failing catastrophically on every front.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Gazprom announced that gas supplies to Europe will be reduced from 100 million cubic meters to 67. The official reason is the failure of Siemens to fulfill its obligations to repair equipment. - gas prices will go up /again/
View attachment 42995
"A machine used in shipping Russian natural gas to Germany has been caught up in Canadian sanctions imposed against Moscow, prompting a steep drop in flows in a key Russian pipeline and contributing to a surge in European natural gas prices on Tuesday.
Gazprom, the Russian gas monopoly, said on Twitter on Tuesday that it was reducing the amount of gas it sends to Germany via the Nord Stream pipeline by about 40 percent because a turbine sent for repairs had not been returned “in due time.” (...)"

"An announcement by Russia’s Gazprom to reduce natural gas supplies to Germany via the Nord Stream offshore pipeline has led to fears that Moscow could decide to use the fossil fuel to put its biggest European customer under pressure in response to western sanctions. German economy minister Robert Habeck said Gazprom's move could be a "political decision". (...)"

"In addition to the Nord Stream supply issues, an incident at an LNG export terminal in the United States is adding to concerns in Europe and Germany. A fire at the Freeport LNG terminal in Texas on June 8 prompted an immediate shutdown of the facility's three liquefaction trains. The damage would keep the plant fully offline until September with only partial operation through year-end, raising the risk of gas shortages in Europe, reported Reuters. Analysts said that around 70 percent of Freeport monthly supplies in the past few months went to the European Union and Britain."

Stupid Russians! The economic pain will be long and painful!

1655310773338.png

Wait, not like that!

Easy_C

Peacock
I've been saying it for a while. Much of our ruling elite are 3rd-4th generation brats. No one in charge of anything now got there due to their brilliance and competence as a leader.

The funny thing is, this was supposed to be the best and brightest they had. Just look at Biden's cabinet appointees and notice that an unusually large number of them belong to a certain rootless international clique...

The Biden admin has been an "all hands on deck" scenario for the ruling elite, and yet they are failing catastrophically on every front.

You'll get the usual "No, there is no incompetence. It's 100% deliberate!" people.
Which is true to SOME extent. They want to "rip off the bandaid" in regards to fossil fuels.
But the information we see doesn't show that. They don't want people starving literally to death. Everything has been along the lines of getting people into pods, with a sustenance bug diet, hooked into drugs and VR. That way they can reduce the population drastically while maintaining a nice, orderly, inescapable control grid.

Food riots are a different proposition altogether and tend to result in some oligarchs getting killed.

biden silos reuters.JPG
" "I'm working closely with our European partners to get 20 million tons of grain locked in Ukraine out onto the market to help bring down food prices," Biden told a Philadelphia union convention. "It can't get out through the Black Sea because it'll get blown out of the water." (...) "So we're going to build silos, temporary silos, on the borders of Ukraine, including in Poland," Biden said."

stalin point.JPG

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
media%2FFVUxvf6XoAULeO9.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

"France reported it was receiving no Russian gas from Germany since June 15. Italy's Eni (ENI.MI) said it would receive only half of the 63 million cubic metres per day (...)"

gazprom reuters 17062022.JPG

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
I'd laugh if Biden quietly started buying Russian gas/fertilizer/whatever from India or China. Although I feel a little bad that "wait, make the pain last longer so you can get crushed in the midterms!" is usually my first thought here. I'm still angry about how 2020 turned out, and I want Biden to be humiliated and/or prevented from running again by his own party.

Maybe I'm whitepilled, but I don't think the Democrats are dumb enough to "fortify" a midterm election. I think they'll just have to take this.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
I'd laugh if Biden quietly started buying Russian gas/fertilizer/whatever from India or China. Although I feel a little bad that "wait, make the pain last longer so you can get crushed in the midterms!" is usually my first thought here. I'm still angry about how 2020 turned out, and I want Biden to be humiliated and/or prevented from running again by his own party.

Maybe I'm whitepilled, but I don't think the Democrats are dumb enough to "fortify" a midterm election. I think they'll just have to take this.

They will "fortify" it alright, but the loss margin will be too wide to game, there aren't enough 4am ballot trucks to change the outcome this time around.

The question is, are the Reps and their majority going to do anything about straightening up the voting mechanism before the '24 presidential election?

NYT germany coal.JPG
:laughter:
"Germany will restart coal-fired power plants in order to conserve natural gas, the country’s economy minister announced on Sunday, amid concerns about a looming supply shortage after Russia cut gas deliveries to Europe this week."

greta temp.jpeg