Economic effects of the Russo-Ukrainian War

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Ever notice how she looks like an angry turtle stretching out her neck...such hatred and vitriol on her face.

She's really such a sad case, had her mother not been an alcoholic when she was pregnant, Greta would have been a normal beautiful swedish girl. Her sister is also retarded, even more so than her.

This being said, she is being used to drive an evil agenda that is making literally billions of people poorer and more miserable, so there is a limit to the compassion here, especially now that she's no longer a little girl.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Still find myself really conflicted that stuff like this makes me happy, it's a moral victory for sure but it's definitely not good for any of our lives.....unless you live in Russia of course. To hell with the weak evil men that put us in this position.

This level of economic, political and cultural failure in the West is going to have some serious repercussions on our leadership, most likely for the better, exactly as Putin recently put it.

FrancisK

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
This level of economic, political and cultural failure in the West is going to have some serious repercussions on our leadership, most likely for the better, exactly as Putin recently put it.

Myself I'll be fine I can weather anything, but I don't want the people I love to suffer that is always my concern.

Easy_C

Peacock
Still find myself really conflicted that stuff like this makes me happy, it's a moral victory for sure but it's definitely not good for any of our lives.....unless you live in Russia of course. To hell with the weak evil men that put us in this position.

Is it wrong that part of me is jealous of those who do? They've got plenty of problems with corrupt and authoritarian leadership....but it's not any worse than what our own leaders have in mind. If anything the kind of old fashioned authoritarianism they trend towards would be far more tolerable than the techno-dystopia the Western leaders want.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I "like" it because it is a manifestation of Truth, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't want my neighbors or friends here to suffer, but when you create a fake society of people becoming wealthy on Bitcoin, printing money they don't have to buy things they don't need, allow young girls to prostitute themselves virtually and physically, make all the other mistakes our society has, it is "wrong" to still be fat and wealthy and powerful.

In other words, going from the #1 creditor nation in the world to the #1 debtor nation is *SUPPOSED* to be painful and unpleasant. That it was not so for the past several years was in many ways the true evil. The cheating of Truth is now ending.

Things are now as they should be. Truth begets goodness and lying begets evil and suffering. God is Good. To argue that we are sad that those who worship Mammon are not also good is simply... impossible.

CNBC germany alert 23062022.JPG

"Germany's Vice Chancellor Robert Habeck said it was time to get serious about the consequences of supply cuts following Russia's invasion of Ukraine. "We must not delude ourselves, cutting gas supplies is an economic attack on us by [Russian President Vladimir] Putin," said Habeck. "It is clearly Putin's strategy to create insecurity, drive up prices and divide us as a society."
He called on German households to "make a difference" and change their consumption habits (...)"

BRICS leaders to discuss dedollarization

MOSCOW, June 23. /TASS/.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin will take part in the 14th summit of the BRICS group (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) that will take place via video conference on Thursday.
According to the Kremlin press service, the China-hosted meeting will focus on political, economic, cultural and humanitarian cooperation. There also are plans to discuss pressing global and regional issues.
The group’s expansion is expected to be one of the main topics on the agenda. In May, China suggested launching discussions of the issue and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Argentina and Saudi Arabia had expressed interest in joining BRICS. According to experts, other potential candidates include Bangladesh, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Uruguay who joined the BRICS New Development Bank last year. In addition, analysts point out that events held on the sidelines of the BRICS foreign ministers meeting involved representatives of Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria and Thailand.
Ways to reduce the role of the US dollar in financial transactions between member states will be another focus of attention. The Russian president stated earlier that together with other BRICS nations, Moscow was working on alternative mechanisms of payment. Putin emphasized that Russia’s financial messaging system was open for banks from other BRICS countries to join. According to Putin, efforts are underway to create an international reserve currency based on the basket of BRICS currencies and Russia’s Mir payment system is expanding its global presence.
On June 24, the Russian president will address a BRICS+ meeting that will also involve the leaders of a number of other countries."

Last edited:
"Oil tankers owned by Russia’s state-backed fleet operator Sovcomflot are still delivering to ports in Europe and earning Moscow much-needed foreign currency, despite Western sanctions aimed at limiting imports of Russian crude oil.
(...)
OCCRP has tracked at least five others recently coming from, en route to or in docks in Italy, Denmark, and the Netherlands, even after EU sanctions came into full effect.
It is not clear who is buying the oil delivered by Sovcomflot.
Sovcomflot and operators at these ports have avoided triggering sanctions because the ships are sailing under Liberian flags while the company runs operations through subsidiaries in Cyprus and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) . The Sovcomflot subsidiary that directly owns the vessels is based in the UAE as well, though it is owned by the Russian state."

"It's almost impossible to track the ownership back to Russia, especially as Sovcomflot is switching ship names and apparently turning off GPS tracking in certain countries" :laughter:

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
They’re going to try to fortify it.

I don’t see it being enough because the sheer magnitude of the dissatisfaction is beyond anything they’re cognizant of. Even with Dominion voting machines connected to the internet and all.

The real worry is some insurrectionists might attempt to disrupt Democracy and our elections.

You mean do what they project the Jan 6th folks attempted.... That would never happen....ever....

I mean liberals love democracy and such.

Easy_C

Peacock
You mean do what they project the Jan 6th folks attempted.... That would never happen....ever....

I mean liberals love democracy and such.
Not quite. I should also mention that this “fortification” involved Voting machines and Wi Fi. Would be a shame if someone spammed death packets by forgetting their spare cell phone at swing state polling locations. Since those voting machines were never connected to Wi Fi, this would not in any way disrupt any illegal attempts to attack the election. That’s just a conspiracy theory.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Oil is going up... removal of gas tax for US is only a multiplier. Diamond Hands!

Fact.

Im a manager in a publicly traded oil and gas drilling company. I do domestic as well as import and export logistics. I can attest that the current market is bad for our industry.

The lack of knowledge among your average Jabronie and the lack of appreciation of the concept of the petrodollar and it's relevance as the world currency is astounding.

We are just pushing oil investment into overseas markets. Policies in the US make it nearly impossible to open new wells and thus serve to destroy self reliant industries.