Economic effects of the Russo-Ukrainian War

"When the heating season starts in autumn, tenants will only be able to turn up their radiators to 17 C (62.6 F) between 11pm and 6am at night, the company announced on Thursday.
It said the move was intended to save energy and gas use during the current crisis.
According to Vonovia, the change won’t affect temperatures during the daytime and access to hot water also won’t be affected, meaning tenants can wash and shower as usual."

putin winter is coming.JPG
WINTER IS COMING

Last edited:
The way I see, NS1 won't be turning back on any time soon, right?
Half of Europe would like to know the answer to that question.
Right now Nord Stream 1 is not closed. It's just on a scheduled annual maintenance break, and should resume its operations on July 21 at 40% capacity - 100% is not possible, without the simens turbine (that's what they say). I guess that due to some "unforeseen circumstances" they won't be able to meet that deadline, and NS 1 will be closed until all issues are resolved. And it will be impossible to resolve those issues until some of the sanctions are waived. At the very least Gazprom will demand full completion of all presanction contracts signed between Gazprom and western corporations.
But that's just my guess - we will see how it plays out in a few days.

Last edited:

Gusamaso

Robin
Other Christian
Half of Europe would like to know the answer to that question.
Right now Nord Stream 1 is not closed. It's just on a scheduled annual maintenance break, and should resume its operations on July 21 at 40% capacity - 100% is not possible, without the simens turbine (that's what they say). I guess that due to some "unforeseen circumstances" they won't be able to meet that deadline, and NS 1 will be closed until all issues are resolved. And it will be impossible to resolve those issues until some of the sanctions are waived. At the very least Gazprom will demand full completion of all presanction contracts signed between Gazprom and western corporations.
But that's just my guess - we will see how it plays out in a few days.
Very likely scenario, indeed.

Last edited:

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Why did you delete that link TruckDriver? Those links are good:

According to excerpts of her remarks, Yellen will make a strong pitch for "friend-shoring" or diversifying U.S. supply chains to rely more on trusted trading partners, a move she said would also combat inflation and help counter China's "unfair trade practices."

This is Yellen, one of the most powerful chews in the world, who now sounds like Donald Trump? :laugh: This is absolutely massive and we will see our countries become based in no time. Too bad it took bringing us to the brink of WW3 in order to do it, but it looks like the leftists will soon be purged by top chews just so industry can resume inside of the American Empire. Some of this industry will necessarily come back to America itself, which will create jobs.

Even Democrats are going to sound like Trump soon. And everyone will think "Ah gee I guess Donald Trump wuz rite all along..!!"

Three stages of truth, Schopenhauer:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

This is Yellen, one of the most powerful chews in the world, who now sounds like Donald Trump? :laugh: This is absolutely massive and we will see our countries become based in no time. Too bad it took bringing us to the brink of WW3 in order to do it, but it looks like the leftists will soon be purged by top chews just so industry can resume inside of the American Empire. Some of this industry will necessarily come back to America itself, which will create jobs.

Even Democrats are going to sound like Trump soon. And everyone will think "Ah gee I guess Donald Trump wuz rite all along..!!"

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
The oil price cap is never going to work and is literally fairly tale level wishful thinking. I doubt Trump would have pushed that.

Yeagerist

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

They're all starting to sound like Orange Man now because their positions are being threatened by the consequences of their foolish sanctions against Russia. Not that anything they'll do will prevent the inevitable recession, only delay it. It's too late now to decouple from economic dependence on China, much less restore the trust of investors and non-Western economies that have seen the usage of the dollar as a tool of imperialism and bullying.

Knowing the hubris of the neocons, rooted in the delusion of "American exceptionalism," they're all probably thinking that this is but a mere miscalculation on their part, and within a few years the US will be back to being the world's hegemon policing the "rules-based international order." They have no idea they're about to collide head-first to a wall of BRICS

Why did you delete that link TruckDriver?
Got the links mixed up, had to delete it and repost from scratch - sorry for the confusion

It looks to me like "old lady yells at cloud"

“vows to impose harsh consequences on those who abuse the global economic order"

The west imposed the toughest sanctions it could on Russia and failed to break its back. And now they think China will be somehow dettered ?
The emperor is naked for all the world to see. Those threats will no longer work on anybody.
The old world order is dying, and it's not a pretty sight.

dicknixon72

Pelican

I also feel the US will continue withdrawing from being the world's security state and generally be fine as we can sustain ourselves and our neighbors with our own indigenous resources while Europe especially and other world powers face some cataclysmic changes.