Economic effects of the Russo-Ukrainian War

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Can we get any in-field reports from western European brothers about this energy crisis? How is it hitting your way-of-life costs? We read about industry shutting down plants, etc., but are the governments doing anything to buffer cost to consumer?

I don't think food security is going to be an issue, provided you have an income. Overall income security is the problem, you're going to have some middle class families and retirees sinking into poverty. You shouldn't worry or thinking of moving out solely because of the impending economic crisis, unless your work situation is potentially precarious.

People are just going to have to cut back on eating out or buying high end food products, but there won't be a run on flour, oil and other staples, only sporadic shortages. Most European countries are self-sufficient, at least in broad categories of food. Only the UK and perhaps Germany aren't, but they get their food from NZ, Oz, Canada, Denmark, Holland etc.

In the longer term, economic and monetary instability might become an issue, if for instance European banks freeze customers savings accounts, as was the case in Cyprus a few years ago...
I would humbly suggest that food security will be a problem and we are already seeing some defacto food riots on a small and sporadic scale.

You probably have seen these 3 videos:

- a mob forms and then rushes and loots a 7-11 in Los Angeles. 7-11s are filled 80% with basic snacks and drinks

- McDonalds in the UK that is stormed and looted

I am horrible at either recognizing or predicting trends, but this and a few other cases to me show a different flavor of your typical mob looting.

If we see more incidents like this then we are looking at what are effectively food riots

Belgrano

Hummingbird
Gold Member
- a mob forms and then rushes and loots a 7-11 in Los Angeles. 7-11s are filled 80% with basic snacks and drinks

- McDonalds in the UK that is stormed and looted

That's not a food riot, that's just the result of public order breaking down and selective enforcement of the law. The people participating in those flash mobs are not starving. It's a trend that started in Los Angeles and then spread via TikTok.

If you run into a store and try to take whatever you want without paying, you're gonna have a problem. If 50 people run into a store together and take whatever they want, it's the store that has a problem.

Last edited:

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Here in Croatia the costs have increased massively, everything in the supermarket from dairy to meat to flour to paper towels is up 30-150%, fuel is up 70%, transportation is up 200% (for example, a short taxi ride went from 2€ to 7€). Residential heating gas costs are especially frightening, and it's not even winter. Fortunately I live at the coast where the climate is mild, so that one isn't affecting me.

The government claims the inflation is 12% (hahaha). Most people have no idea how fraudulent inflation measurements these days and take it at face value and then parrot it around despite their own eyes defying that claim.

Croatia imports 70% of its food and we'll doomed when push comes to shove. Serbia, by contrast, the "enemy" country that our cuckservatives love screaming about, has a massive food surplus and exports because they're smart and not enslaved by Brussels, and have spent the last 20 years building up their industry and agriculture.

The only saving grace is that most of our electricity in Croatia comes from hydropower, but since our cuck traitor politicians will probably have it shipped off to Germany or Ukraine, I'm sure there will be a shortage of that too.

TheosisSeeker

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

News flash to the arrogant Euro leaders, but maybe Putin planned this...it's like a chess player who doesn't even know how to move the pieces playing against a Grandmaster.

And why aren't the German people protesting outside the homes of those imbecile politicians who laughed at Trump for stating Germany would become dependent on Russian energy? See the above video. Completely arrogant tools.

News flash to the arrogant Euro leaders, but maybe Putin planned this...it's like a chess player who doesn't even know how to move the pieces playing against a Grandmaster.

And why aren't the German people protesting outside the homes of those imbecile politicians who laughed at Trump for stating Germany would become dependent on Russian energy? See the above video. Completely arrogant tools.
They didn't listen

Last edited:

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant

Is this bizzaro world or what? These foreign ministers can't possibly make this work. It's unbelievable that they would even claim to have this plan.

It will blow up spectacularly in their faces if they try. They will drive up the price even higher. Russia will still be able to sell to the market outside the alliance. Gas supplies to Europe will be even worse. Russian, Chinese, and Indian insurance companies and other shipping services will replace the western ones if the west tries to sanction these services. It will be an epic disaster.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
The EU will consume a bit less oil because consumer demand will be reduced through higher prices, but they will pay a lot more for this oil, which will roughly have the same proportion of Russian oil, sold through intermediaries like HK, Singapore, India etc.

The West and other parts of the world have not made the kind of long term investment in oil exploration and extraction that is needed to match growth in demand, due to ESG, Greta and WEF chicanery, so Russia and a few other countries will pick up the slack.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
A follow-up that I should have been included above is that basically, the GAE is stuck between its domestic shackles of forced Greta deindustrialization and fake/unrealistic transitioning to "green energy", and the fact that these domestic policies imposed on the West, are weakening the West while economically and industrially strengthening the coalescing foreign enemy coalition.

The BRICS are being flooded with cheap hydrocarbons, while the West is shooting itself and creating a massive economic and social crisis. The WEF wants to use this crisis to implement their Brave New World, but they won't be able to do that if 3/4 of the world that is outside their complete control aren't on board. I think they're just starting to realize this, which explains why they are all in on the Ukraine war and are escalating against China and Iran.

This illustrates how the Russia-China-Iran block is impeding the WEF control grid over the West.