Educate Yourself thread

Psalm27

Woodpecker
Gold Member
The forum is very new to this topic and due to the gravity of the consequences for following shitty advice and garbage theology then YES, I wholeheartedly suggest that these are topics that should not be spitballed about by non-denominational randoms playing pin-the-tail on the path to heaven.
I disagree. If you don't like what I am saying, criticize it and tell me why I am wrong or why my material is wrong. Perhaps I can learn something but now I have not learned anything new from your messages.

Perhaps you should recommend that Roosh only allows people with theology degrees to comment on this forum.

This is the very reason that the Catholic Church tried to stop the open dissemination of Bible literature. Because they knew that invariably every half wit and semi-literate nit-picker would go about making an ass of the entire religion.
So you are saying that allowing people to read the Bible was a bad idea? Only Catholic clergy should be able to access scripture?

Yet Jesus tells us to go and preach the gospel to all of creation. How do you reconcile these two things as a Christian?

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

bucky

Ostrich
Can you guys talk more about swordfighting? Is it all in the wrists?

According to tradition it is, but the original sword fighting texts make no mention of this. They also point out that in the days of the original twelve sword fighting masters many sword fighting schools had already fallen into serious error, favoring rubber mallets or sharpened sticks over actual swords.

Nevertheless, many legit swordfighting schools adhere to tradition to this day, whereas others just stick to their interpretation of the original texts. All of these schools have had at least some degree of success at killing a guy by successfully sticking a sword in his gut.

Psalm27

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Let us proceed in order. I asked you a question first, so you reply to mine and I'll reply to yours.
I already answered it. He is talking about titles, that's the context of the verse. We should not have "father" or "rabbi" or "master" as a title. You can call your biological father, father.

myrica

Pigeon
rk0e07.jpg
i suggest you to read history and effects of religion.

Sitting Bull

Woodpecker
He is talking about titles, that's the context of the verse. We should not have "father" or "rabbi" or "master" as a title. You can call your biological father, father.

The word "title" appears nowhere in the surrouding context, as there is no distinction between types of "fatherhood" either. Try better next time.

i suggest you to read history and effects of religion.

I've been reading about the topics for years. Since we're giving each other reading recommendations, I suggest you read Libido Dominandi, by E. Michael Jones. Then, perhaps, you can explain to me how a belief system that promotes virtuous behavior can be used to control people.

You need to recognize that the implicit assertion of your argument is that moral behavior is bad. That is false. Virtue is freedom; vice is enslavement.

myrica

Pigeon
I've been reading about the topics for years. Since we're giving each other reading recommendations, I suggest you read Libido Dominandi, by E. Michael Jones. Then, perhaps, you can explain to me how a belief system that promotes virtuous behavior can be used to control people.

You need to recognize that the implicit assertion of your argument is that moral behavior is bad. That is false. Virtue is freedom; vice is enslavement.
every single *belief* system in the world promotes virtuous, good behaviour(except fucked up ones) and explicity tells you what you can do and what you cant do. This by itself can easily be used to control people(hence its been used like this for thousands of years).
There's absolutely no difference between aztecs sacrificing people to appease their god and christians going to crusade or muslims going to jihad.

Religion played no role for technological advancement(look at the dark ages), actively discouraged it(muslim countries nowadays), actively promotes war(basically the whole world for thousands of years).
The only good part of religion is that since its widely used to control the population, in an event that its elimited, there would be total chaos in the world. Basic example can be given from muslim countries; during ramadan, crime rates see a massive drop due to the fact that muslims believe whatever sin they commit will be counted as double during the month of ramadan.
Weak minded people can't live without the belief that there's god and they will have better life in heaven.

myrica

Pigeon
Well, since you're so intelligent and strong-minded, surely you won't begrudge us mental midgets our faith then?

You can head back over to Reddit at any time.
since there are already many examples of solid proof which shows us god doesnt exist, keeping belief of god is considered weak minded,yes.
Although its mostly emotional, not logical. Not every person can differentiate.

bucky

Ostrich
since there are already many examples of solid proof which shows us god doesnt exist, keeping belief of god is considered weak minded,yes.

I clicked on a link to an explicitly SJW group on Facebook once, out of curiosity. I looked at the rules, and they asked that you not join if you didn't share their beliefs on feminism, transsexualism, and several other topics. Their rules also stated that attacking any of their cherished beliefs would get you banned.

So, I didn't join that group. I'm wondering what your thought process was in joining this forum.

From the forum rules:

7. Do not blaspheme God. You are not permitted to insult, ridicule, mock, or desecrate Christian beliefs or practices on the forum. While you can participate in polite intellectual discussions concerning Christianity, attacks against God that come from a place of atheism, hedonism, or secularism are not allowed.

myrica

Pigeon
I clicked on a link to an explicitly SJW group on Facebook once, out of curiosity. I looked at the rules, and they asked that you not join if you didn't share their beliefs on feminism, transsexualism, and several other topics. Their rules also stated that attacking any of their cherished beliefs would get you banned.

So, I didn't join that group. I'm wondering what your thought process was in joining this forum.

From the forum rules:

7. Do not blaspheme God. You are not permitted to insult, ridicule, mock, or desecrate Christian beliefs or practices on the forum. While you can participate in polite intellectual discussions concerning Christianity, attacks against God that come from a place of atheism, hedonism, or secularism are not allowed.

im not attacking anything. There's also no insult, or mocking or whatever else it says there.
I'm discussing religion with clear examples and history lessons.
If you think discussing religion is *insulting*, well i cant help that state of thinking unfortunately.

if i was saying *christianity sucks dudes, you are all stupid for believing that* = considered attacking.

i suppose you know the difference.

Aboulia

Woodpecker
Has @Psalm27 told us what denomination he is yet so we can pick faults with his theological understanding? My experience thus far is that anyone who doesn't proudly lay claim to their denomination is usually a deceiver sent to sow chaos.

He's clearly a baptist, since he's posted a "Becoming Baptist" video multiple times in the thread, even after @ilostabet explained to him why videos are terrible educational tools, and all he could come up with is "I politely disagree", and continued to post videos so convincing him otherwise of your position is unlikely.

every single *belief* system in the world promotes virtuous, good behaviour(except fucked up ones) and explicity tells you what you can do and what you cant do. This by itself can easily be used to control people(hence its been used like this for thousands of years).
There's absolutely no difference between aztecs sacrificing people to appease their god and christians going to crusade or muslims going to jihad.

Religion played no role for technological advancement(look at the dark ages), actively discouraged it(muslim countries nowadays), actively promotes war(basically the whole world for thousands of years).
The only good part of religion is that since its widely used to control the population, in an event that its elimited, there would be total chaos in the world. Basic example can be given from muslim countries; during ramadan, crime rates see a massive drop due to the fact that muslims believe whatever sin they commit will be counted as double during the month of ramadan.
Weak minded people can't live without the belief that there's god and they will have better life in heaven.

What is virtuous? What is good? What is morality? If not universal qualities? If they're not universal than what do these words mean, and how can any behaviour be described as such? If they are universal then something must exist outside of your own insight. Granted many people do abuse religion as a form of control, much as this forum formerly abused psychology for their own short sighted desires. They have turned from that at the realization that there is a higher power, the author of universal morality.

We're all religious since religion is nothing more than a worldview, a system of beliefs in order to process information. We all have beliefs, the belief you appear to maintain says that religion is only a mechanism of control, and mechanisms of control are bad, therefore my independence and freedom is the highest value, but if you take that worldview, you must understand that if everyone has that view, the most powerful must win. So the end justifies the means in that system. But even then, that system is incoherent because of the value judgement placed on mechanisms of control.

I highly suggest you read Miracles by C.S. Lewis as he deals with your basic issues, he shows a belief in God is quite rational. As an aside, logic is a whore, it conforms to the framework you use it in. To show you that Lewis is a reasonable man, I've included a video of the first part of a Mere Christianity video series, is there anything in here you disagree with (Lewis was an athiest before he became a Christian so you may find some common ground)

bucky

Ostrich
im not attacking anything. There's also no insult, or mocking or whatever else it says there.
I'm discussing religion with clear examples and history lessons.
If you think discussing religion is *insulting*, well i cant help that state of thinking unfortunately.

if i was saying *christianity sucks dudes, you are all stupid for believing that* = considered attacking.

i suppose you know the difference.

"since there are already many examples of solid proof which shows us god doesnt exist, keeping belief of god is considered weak minded,yes.
Although its mostly emotional, not logical. Not every person can differentiate."

So, you're not attacking our Christian beliefs, just saying they're false and for the weak minded. We'll see how the mods feel about the above. I'd like to see you thrown out. I can get condescending atheism from other sources if I feel like it.

I'd like to see you thrown out. I can get condescending atheism from other sources if I feel like it.

Hear, hear! I'm happy to have a discussion with a non-believer, but the guy barely has an elementary grasp on his childish position as it is, and seems completely incapable of actually understanding anything said to him. Furthermore, it's apparent that he's not interested in having a discussion in good faith.

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
Reminder that we now have multiple mods that usually respond very quickly to reports, and the new forum even sends you a notification when they do.

bucky

Ostrich
Hear, hear! I'm happy to have a discussion with a non-believer, but the guy barely has an elementary grasp on his childish position as it is, and seems completely incapable of actually understanding anything said to him. Furthermore, it's apparent that he's not interested in having a discussion in good faith.

I'd be OK talking to a respectful nonbeliever here too. In fact, I think we have a few of them and can potentially help them.