Electric Cars/Eco-Cult

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
Some good news for those opposed to electric cars, as one of the battery manufacturers goes to the wall:

Here's something from a guy who I know won't be shedding any tears, as he hates the things:

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
In Germany, the charging current for e-car users is to be rationed because the charging process leads to peaks in the power grid, which could then in turn lead to a power outage and make the completely misguided energy policy of the incompetent government visible.

Those who own an e-car and do not have their own and sufficient solar panels on their roof might feel pretty screwed now, especially if they decided to buy such a vehicle on the advice of the government and because of the subsidies.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

IEA: Half Of All Cars Sold In Top Markets Will Be Electric By 2030​

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, the head of the IEA made some bold statements regarding electric vehicles.
According to Fatih Birol, every second car sold in China, Europe, and the United States in 2030 will be an electric car.
The IEA has warned of bottlenecks in battery supply chains, but clearly believes demand will continue to climb

Every other car sold in 2030 in the three largest EV markets – China, Europe, and the United States – will be an electric vehicle, the head of the International Energy Agency (IEA) said on Tuesday.

In 2030, every second car sold in Europe, the US, and China, the three largest car markets for electric cars, will be an electric car, the IEA’s Executive Director Fatih Birol said on Tuesday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“In addition to this immediate response to the energy crisis, there is also more structural response coming from the countries,” Birol said.

In the Global EV Outlook 2022 published in May 2022, the IEA said that while electric car sales continued to break records, mineral supply constraints are looming. Battery supply chains face bottlenecks and lack diversification as most battery metal processing is being done in China, according to the IEA.

“Pressure on the supply of critical materials will continue to mount as road transport electrification expands to meet net-zero ambitions. Additional investments are needed in the short term, particularly in mining, where lead times are much longer than for other parts of the supply chain,” the agency said.

The IEA also praised in October the surge in renewables and EVs for limiting the rise in global emissions. Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from the combustion of fossil fuels globally were expected to rise by just under 1% in 2022, a much smaller increase compared to last year’s thanks to record deployment of renewable energy sources and electric vehicles, the IEA said in October. In 2021, CO2 emissions from burning fossil fuels jumped as the global economy began to recover rapidly from the economic crisis triggered by Covid, the IEA said.

In 2022, the rise in those emissions would be much smaller, defying expectations of a major jump because of the increased use of coal for power generation amid soaring natural gas prices, the international agency said.

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, the head of the IEA made some bold statements regarding electric vehicles.
According to Fatih Birol, every second car sold in China, Europe, and the United States in 2030 will be an electric car.
The IEA has warned of bottlenecks in battery supply chains, but clearly believes demand will continue to climb

Do you believe these bold statements? Seems to be nothing but blah blah.

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox

There isn't enough lithium on the planet for all those e-car batteries, and not enough child/slave labor in the 3rd world to mine it.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

It can happen. For example, check out Norway's shocking statistic on the percentage of EV cars sold in 2022.

Gazeebo

Sparrow
Orthodox
Ev will be the future of the automotive world unfortunately. I've been shoehorn into classes for it at the school house. Honda is pushing hard for most vehicles to be hybrid (only base model accords will not be hybrid and they have phased out the 2.0 turbo) Toyota already offers hybrid in almost everyone of their vehicles.

I believe there is no infrastructure that can possibly be built by 2030 to support these EVs. Should be fun to watch.

I also think once these pledges are fulfilled most automotive makers will see its not gonna work and revert to hybrid vehicles.

dicknixon72

Pelican
Electric vehicles are a regional solution to a regional problem. Small, compact, heavily urbanized first-world nations that have a fleshed out public transportation system for moderate and long-range travel can benefit and even thrive with majority electric vehicle ownership.

Large nations such as ours whose infrastructure is very dependent on the automobile for better or worse, and whose idea of mass transit is an affordable large car and the interstate highway system which is the best in the world we'll see no more than a 30% penetration rate with electric vehicles, and that is relegated to mostly urban areas and fleets. I'm talking about passenger vehicles and light trucks, not medium duty trucks and buses and the like when I refer to fleets.

The proper American solution - or for Canada or Australia for that matter - is either a hybrid, or a extended range electric vehicle similar to the Chevrolet volt.

People Don't understand that the limitations of electric vehicles make them ideal second, third, or 4th vehicles, meaning you are just putting more vehicles on the road.

murphykj930

Sparrow
Buddhist / Eastern
Large nations such as ours whose infrastructure is very dependent on the automobile for better or worse, and whose idea of mass transit is an affordable large car and the interstate highway system which is the best in the world we'll see no more than a 30% penetration rate with electric vehicles, and that is relegated to mostly urban areas and fleets. I'm talking about passenger vehicles and light trucks, not medium duty trucks and buses and the like when I refer to fleets.

The proper American solution - or for Canada or Australia for that matter - is either a hybrid, or a extended range electric vehicle similar to the Chevrolet volt.

People Don't understand that the limitations of electric vehicles make them ideal second, third, or 4th vehicles, meaning you are just putting more vehicles on the road.
Hybrids are probably best for most countries, considering how much energy it takes to mine all the materials to create the vehicle in the first place, just a hook it up to a dirty fuel source like coal or even natural gas. Plus, the range that most people have or want to drive in big countries like America is longer than the average EV.
It can happen. For example, check out Norway's shocking statistic on the percentage of EV cars sold in 2022.

For Norway, this is kinda okay because they get most of their energy from hydroelectric dams, and it is a small country. It should be easy to create all the necessary infrastructure, and they probably don’t have to drive too far anyways.

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
That's a pretty Chad move there, WY :)

Hybrids are probably best for most countries, considering how much energy it takes to mine all the materials to create the vehicle in the first place, just a hook it up to a dirty fuel source like coal or even natural gas. Plus, the range that most people have or want to drive in big countries like America is longer than the average EV.
I'm not super-knowledgeable about cars, but interested in them, and from what I hear hybrids are (used to be?) problematic due to the extra complexity. Having one of each type might make more sense. Personally, I would not own an EV.

There's this:
FRIED like a CHICKEN in a Tesla!
I hope you like EMF radiation.

Then there's this:
Why Tesla Fires are Impossible to Put Out
The fires seem to start easy, are very difficult to put out, and then they can re-ignite later.

Shipping EVs poses an elevated risk of fire.
Cargo ship carrying luxury vehicles to U.S. sinks in Atlantic

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox
My city here in Europe has just announced that they will be banning all diesel cars in and around the city in the next months. They have given me a 2 year window to find another option, since I live on the city perimeter. If you're a tourist or a visitor, I guess you're SOL. They eco-terrorists running West European countries are deliberately trying to destroy their own economies, and diesel is the bee in their bonnet right now.

RedLagoon

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
The globalist satanic cult know that the ICE gives people freedom hence the price hikes in the fuel supply and the push for electric trash cars. This has NOTHING to do with saving the environment but all to do with taking your car (or truck, the ultimate goal) away from you. Electric trains are good as they run on track with a constant power supply (from either coal oil or nuclear power). Demanding everyone to drive EC's is transportation suicide, which is exactly what they want. Grannies can't afford heating their homes in Germany but we all will be driving smart phone cars by 2030?

Resist and don't comply. Old diesels run on veggie oil. Don't eat the trash but fuel your old Merc.