Elevation of Orthodox forum category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I have renamed the "Faith" category to "Orthodox Christianity". Up to now, this forum was an implicit Orthodox forum but we're moving to where it is explicit. The Orthodox subforum is not overly active, but by moving it to the top, I want to make clear that it is is the most important part of the forum, because without faith in God, none of the other pursuits, hobbies, news, or activities we talk about here can bear any sort of fruit.

For now I only added one new subforum: "Inquirers and catechumens." If posting volume warrants it, more subforums can be created. If you are baptized in the Orthodox Church, please check in to this forum once in a while to answer any questions that inquirers may have.

Also, all members who selected Orthodox in their profile will get a ribbon underneath their avatar. I know it is possible for those to falsely claim they are Orthodox, but I still want to use this method so that the Orthodox on the forum can quickly recognize those they are in communion with.

gent

Pigeon
With all due respect Roosh, a community like this has been a great discovery for me, even as a Catholic. I enjoy reading the discussions on here and getting the chance to interact with other traditional Catholics. Communities like this are not so easy to come across.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Roosh is your intention to make this forum Orthodox only? It’s your house it’s not my place to tell you what to do but I would appreciate if you could make that clear one way or the other before I invest more time here and make more connections with brothers in a place where I eventually will not be welcome because I am Catholic.

Last edited:

iop890

Peacock
Gold Member
Just removed my tag for the same reason. Might be a good idea to add Inquirer and Catechumen options like on the Ortho discord.

EDIT: It's still here. How do I open PDF?

Papist

Robin
Roosh is your intention to make this forum Orthodox only? It’s your house it’s not my place to tell you what to do but I would appreciate if you could make that clear one way or the other before I invest more time here and make more connections with brothers in a place where I eventually will not be welcome because I am Catholic.
As a Catholic, I'd appreciate it if you'd answer this question, too.

Surely Roosh didn't put Catholicism under "Heterdox Discussion" as a lark (note: he didn't call it "Heretic's Corner"), but it still is in the larger "Orthodox Christianity" section.

What is Roosh meaning by this? Clarity is needed. I suspect it's just his way of saying "non-Orthodox"

Augustus_Principe

Woodpecker
With all due respect Roosh, a community like this has been a great discovery for me, even as a Catholic. I enjoy reading the discussions on here and getting the chance to interact with other traditional Catholics. Communities like this are not so easy to come across.

It's time to find another Catholic Community

I'm afraid that before long the only sections left on this forum will be Orthodox sections.

And not long after that, only Orthodox members.
As I posted not too long ago, this forum was increasingly becoming Orthodox. I knew this moment would come, but held my fingers and did not say anything.

Roosh has labeled us "Heterodox". It is only a matter of time until he starts calling us Schismatic Heretics and labels the subforum "Heretics", and many other disparaging names The YouTuber, Aka Jay Dyer, has called us for over 2 years now.

I suggest ALL CATHOLICS to STOP posting in the "Heterodox" sub-forum immediately. Posting in a forum labeled as such implies you agree with it to some degree, and may even be a Sin. I, will no longer be an active member of this forum, nor will I be following Roosh's work. You may deactivate-delete this account. I appreciate all you have done for me, and you were a big part in my red-pill, to God-pill conversion, but it is obvious this now has come to an end.

To the rest of the RadTrads, I suggest you consult your priest before posting in a forum to labels you "Heterodox" if you must continue to post here. I for one, will not be taking my chances, nor will I stand for it.

Last edited:

Papist

Robin
It's time to find another Catholic Community

As I posted not too long ago, this forum was increasingly becoming Orthodox. I knew this moment would come, but held my fingers and did not say anything.

Roosh has labeled us "Heterodox". It is only a matter of time until he starts calling us Schismatic Heretics and labels the subforum "Heretics", and many other disparaging names The YouTuber, Aka Jay Dyer, has called us for over 2 years now.

I suggest ALL CATHOLICS to STOP posting in the "Heterodox" sub-forum immediately. Posting in a forum labeled as such implies you agree with it to some degree, and may even be a Sin. I, will no longer be an active member of this forum, nor will I be following Roosh's work. You may deactivate-delete this account. I appreciate all you have done for me, and you were a big part in my red-pill, to God-pill conversion, but it is obvious this now has come to an end.

To the rest of the RadTrads, I suggest you consult your priest before posting in a forum to labels you "Heterodox" if you must continue to post here. I for one, will not be taking my chances, nor will I stand for it.
I appreciate your sentiments. Like you, I fear that this is the thin end of the wedge, though I would be happy to continue posting here if it remains as it is now. I would appreciate an assurance that this forum will not become hostile to Catholics in the future.

It would be a great shame of this forum was to lose many of it's posters as a result of this. Traditional Christians need to stand together.

Last edited:

catholicmom

Sparrow
Woman
I have been less active in recent months as the Dyerites on the forum have become increasingly emboldened and hostile towards Catholics. I can't help but notice that when Catholics say anything less than commendatory of Eastern Orthodox, we are immediately and publicly reprimanded. But when I reported an Eastern Orthodox member recently for calling Catholics "schismatics," I was told that the member was warned privately.

I am thankful that I encountered Roosh's content a few years ago when I first started on the red-pill (and subsequent God-pill) journey. I even attended IRL events and am briefly mentioned (anonymously) in one of his books. However, I can no longer in good conscience post on a forum that labels the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church "Heterodox" without feeling that I am in some way at least tacitly consenting to that characterization.

Like @Augustus_Principe I will no longer be active on this forum. I will no longer follow Roosh's work but will continue to include him in my Rosary. I ask all other Catholics on the forum to at least prayerfully consider doing the same.

Please deactivate my account.

I have created an account on the forum linked to in an above post (username catholicmama) should anyone desire to keep in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.