Elon Musk thread

911

Peacock
Gold Member
Bury Zenek said:
The styling of this car is on the level of a B film prop. The more cars I see nowadays the more I'm convinced that all great designs have already been done, particularly by the genius Marcello Gandini. You can make a striking design but it takes a real master to give it finesse at the same time.


23239814320_bc0df25fb1_b.jpg


https://www.vintag.es/2019/06/1974-lamborghini-bravo-concept.html

That Lambo Bravo looks awesome from the back, cleaner than the Countach which it spawned:

1974-lamborghini-bravo-concept-12.jpg


lamborghini_bravo_p114_concept_8.jpg


I'm going to start a vintage car thread on the Life board.
 

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
911 said:
...
It's a very nice rendition of the late 60s Boss Mustang, arguably the most
beautiful American sportscar ever made, but herein lies the rub,
why spend $500,000 on this, when you can spend a quarter to
a tenth of it on a the original below? The original cachet beats the new
rendition hands down.


I second that motion.
While I'd go with a '69 Camaro SS myself. I'd rather go with the original as opposed to a modern clone.

The more computerized cars become, the more appeal to me, are those cars that don't have computers.
 
911 said:
Cuchulainn2016 said:
kel said:
I want a car with the style of a 70s or 80s Mustang/Camero/Challenger, but with a modern fuel-efficient engine, bluetooth stereo, etc.

You probably want something like this then - Equus Bass 770

Wont be that fuel efficient though.

If you can pay half a million bucks for that car, you won't be really bothered with the mileage.

[img=750x455]https://www.equus-automotive.com/assets/images/gallery-v1/gallery-6.jpg[/img]

It's a very nice rendition of the late 60s Boss Mustang, arguably the most
beautiful American sportscar ever made, but herein lies the rub,
why spend $500,000 on this, when you can spend a quarter to
a tenth of it on a the original below? The original cachet beats the new
rendition hands down.

This must be the most extreme understatement out there.

You are paying 100.000$ less for a Lamborghini Aventador:

[img=640x480]https://uniq.la/images/pxMMZDudZP.jpg[/img]

I can even understand spending 1 mio. $ on a Bugatti Veyron since that car is insane and is really faster than a top-range Lamborghini.

But 500k for that Equus? There is likely not even a valid market for it if you want to sell it - you will take a 400k loss instantly. For that kind of money you can upgrade whatever car you want frankly - it would be utterly unique. Otherwise your Equus looks as if you spent 30k on it. Sleeper cars are frankly bullshit. A buddy had an upgraded Fiat 500C - spent 3 times as much as the new car price was on a new performance engine. Aside from a few moments on the highway where people were surprised, the other cars barely wanted to make way because they simply didn't expect that car to drive so fast. I know for a fact how other cars react to a Ferrari - you are like Moses with Mercedes S-class and Audis A8s making way instantly. You would probably have to graze them lightly with an upgraded Fiat 500.
 

Ethan Hunt

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Simeon_Strangelight said:
911 said:
Cuchulainn2016 said:
kel said:
I want a car with the style of a 70s or 80s Mustang/Camero/Challenger, but with a modern fuel-efficient engine, bluetooth stereo, etc.

You probably want something like this then - Equus Bass 770

Wont be that fuel efficient though.

If you can pay half a million bucks for that car, you won't be really bothered with the mileage.

[img=750x455]https://www.equus-automotive.com/assets/images/gallery-v1/gallery-6.jpg[/img]

It's a very nice rendition of the late 60s Boss Mustang, arguably the most
beautiful American sportscar ever made, but herein lies the rub,
why spend $500,000 on this, when you can spend a quarter to
a tenth of it on a the original below? The original cachet beats the new
rendition hands down.

This must be the most extreme understatement out there.

You are paying 100.000$ less for a Lamborghini Aventador:

[img=640x480]https://uniq.la/images/pxMMZDudZP.jpg[/img]

I can even understand spending 1 mio. $ on a Bugatti Veyron since that car is insane and is really faster than a top-range Lamborghini.

But 500k for that Equus? There is likely not even a valid market for it if you want to sell it - you will take a 400k loss instantly. For that kind of money you can upgrade whatever car you want frankly - it would be utterly unique. Otherwise your Equus looks as if you spent 30k on it. Sleeper cars are frankly bullshit. A buddy had an upgraded Fiat 500C - spent 3 times as much as the new car price was on a new performance engine. Aside from a few moments on the highway where people were surprised, the other cars barely wanted to make way because they simply didn't expect that car to drive so fast. I know for a fact how other cars react to a Ferrari - you are like Moses with Mercedes S-class and Audis A8s making way instantly. You would probably have to graze them lightly with an upgraded Fiat 500.

These retromodded and classic inspired replicas command big money.

Look at Singer, Eagle motors and even the in house Aston Martin and JLR classic line.

Want a 2020 Aston Martin DB4 Zagato replica? $6Million and you have to buy a truly modern AM to go with it (included in the price). Is the price justified? No, just a billionaires play toy but it is modern underneath. It is certainly cheaper than an original tho.

$500k for this Equus seems a bit of a bargain. It is also a boomers wet dream.

The market is tiny, hence why the low production numbers and the cars themselves almost always never get driven outside of the maintenance shops test route.
 

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Samseau said:
AntoniusofEfa said:
No More Mr. Soy Boy said:
He made that lunatic pregnant. Astounding. This thread should have its old name back.

www.businessinsider.com/grimes-maybe-pregnancy-spurs-confusion-congrats-and-alien-cracks-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

The pictures in the daily mail article are scary.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...making-skin-super-red-makeup-video-Vogue.html

Why would anyone, let alone a resourceful man like Musk even come close to such demon.

24150258-0-image-a-102_1580510034449.jpg


Uh...

This chick is nuttier than 2 squirrels gettin' it on in a pecan tree...

jeeze !?!? not what i wanted to see
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
Ethan Hunt said:
...
These retromodded and classic inspired replicas command big money.

Look at Singer, Eagle motors and even the in house Aston Martin and JLR classic line.

Want a 2020 Aston Martin DB4 Zagato replica? $6Million and you have to buy a truly modern AM to go with it (included in the price). Is the price justified? No, just a billionaires play toy but it is modern underneath. It is certainly cheaper than an original tho.

$500k for this Equus seems a bit of a bargain. It is also a boomers wet dream.

The market is tiny, hence why the low production numbers and the cars themselves almost always never get driven outside of the maintenance shops test route.

That is not the case for the Equus, the original Mustangs are much, much cheaper, and will always have more cachet, and be better investments.

The Equus is also the recognition that aesthetic values have declined, most new cars today are ugly. This phenomenon is very similar to what's happening in music today, with genres like retro wave blowing up.

To bring this back to the thread subject, this is why the Tesla truck project has made such a big splash, that success is entirely based on its "retro" look.

Auto design is at a dead end today, they're stuck in a dystopian, dark "bling" aesthetic, the kind that has dominated comic books for decades now. Compare Mercedes' gaudy ghettoish new concept sportscar with the clean lines and upbeat color of the 1970s C111:

[img=700x414]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/c2/70/b4c270b0d684a0593f2df4753a70e7a8.jpg[/img]



Mercedes-C111-Cover.jpg


[img=700x304]https://static.vroom.be/assets/imag...ercedesc111.jpg?preset=thumbBigCarousel[/img]

[img=700x595]https://i.wheelsage.org/pictures/m/...pt/mercedes-benz_c111-ii_concept_8.jpeg[/img]
 

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Ethan Hunt said:
...
These retromodded and classic inspired replicas command big money.

Look at Singer, Eagle motors and even the in house Aston Martin and JLR classic line.

Everyone who modified their cars knows very well how much automotive stuff costs. This equipment is always expensive and when you go into fabricating things sky could be the limit. Notice that these restomods (Eagle Jaguars for instance) often use their own windscreen design. A custom curved windscreen is expensive as hell to manufacture, it goes into tens of thousand dollars for a unit. $500k for a car like this is a realistic value when you consider the level of workmanship and parts this high.

911 said:
The Equus is also the recognition that aesthetic values have declined, most new cars today are ugly. This phenomenon is very similar to what's happening in music today, with genres like retro wave blowing up.

Auto design is at a dead end today, they're stuck in a dystopian, dark "bling" aesthetic, the kind that has dominated comic books for decades now. Compare Mercedes' gaudy ghettoish new concept sportscar with the clean lines and upbeat color of the 1970s C111:

Good observation about synthwave. Couldn't agree more, we don't see the progress we did just few decades ago, world is on a downhill trend, a post-modern phase. Look at F1, now it's just a shadow of the sport it was in the 80's and 90's. It's so uneventful that I lost interest completely. Many fields look this way. Humans in general lost their zest and went soft. At least that's how I see it.
 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Considering that it was the goal of the communists (read: elites) to destroy art then it makes sense that modern car design has gone to shit and that people still flock to the classics. Alternately the pursuit of a single second less around the Nurburgring track for boomer coffee run bragging rights means that aesthetics take a metaphorical back seat.

One of the reasons for Porsche's perennial success is that it stuck with its original winning design which was obviously inherently fast.
 

Oberrheiner

Pelican
The ring is made flatter and flatter each year anyway .. plus it's so crowded nowadays, when you consider the time to get to nürburg, it's almost not worth it anymore.
Unless it's raining ;)
 

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Elon Musk was on the Joe Rogan Experience yesterday.

Elon Musk: "I do think that the globalization that we have at the memesphere – there's not enough isolation between countries or regions. If there’s a mind virus, that mind virus can infect too much of the world".

EM: "I actually sort of sympathize with the anti-globalization people because we don't ever want everywhere to be the same for sure and we need some kind of mind viral immunity.”

 

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
The strangest thing about that Podcast for me was the start when speaking about fatherhood. When asked about his child he immediately started talking about how her mind is a neural net like AI. Weird.

Then he lets his kid be named: X Æ A-12.

I have a buddy who loves everything Musk, so I tend to watch more of this dickwad than I'd like to just as part of the debate.
 

ginsu

Kingfisher
I'm not sure what to think of Elon musk anymore, on one hand, I'm a big fan and the things he does and his character is just fascinating and cool.
He is the real-life Autistic version of tony stark. Recently he posted on twitter that he is against the lockdown. But on the other hand, there are also some weird things going on, like wanting to cover the planet in 5g beamed down from space ( not too sure how true that is ). And all the green energy lies he pushes.

If you're at the level of genius that Elon musk is at it comes with some downsides in other areas of your life. I think he does mean to do good but is socially and emotionally underdeveloped which could make him susceptible to outside influences.

Check out this interview below and see how any woman can just come into his life and take control.

I guess one of the reasons he's with this grimes chick now is probably because ''normal'' women have hurt him time and again. Because she's so weird and into alternative culture he can be himself around her "awkward nerd", and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Ellon probably hates dealing with the other famous/elite that make him aware of his social ineptitude constantly, so she's there as his ally against all the social pressure he gets from outside. This grimes even though looking absolutely crazy might treat him better than others because she '''probably'' Diggs that he's a super genius nerd. Also makes him feel like he's not the only strange one in the room.

Most women would just destroy him for not passing simple shit tests (he's not able to detect or understand social interactions due to being highly logical). I hope for his sake he didn't pick an insane one that bullies him nonetheless.

 
Last edited:

questor70

Ostrich
Only his first wife was what I would construe a keeper and he sabotaged that. He's been on the crazy train ever since, first Amber "I pooped in Johnny Depp's bed!" Heard and now Grimes. And that's all well and good if he just wants disposable arm candy but he chose to knock Grimes up and not even put a ring on it. Whatever he was thinking he's gonna get reamed when that relationship runs its course, and believe me, with someone like her, it ain't gonna last long. He's pushing 50 now and using Grimes as a way to appear younger and hipper, like his stupid quip about it's "never too young to get ink" with the picture of his baby with Post Malone style face tattoos. He should just accept the fact that he's a Gen X nerd rather than trying to masquerade as Gen Z--and not fooling anybody. I suspect he's back on some combination of drugs again with him now saying he's gonna give away all his possessions. He is in desperate need of a therapist to get his life in order once and for all.
 

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Elon Musk knows something secret about the virus.

Also, I just read that he has twins and triplets with another lady. All boys, all ivf babies. This guy is genetically engineering his family.

Aloha!
 

bucky

Ostrich
Only his first wife was what I would construe a keeper and he sabotaged that. He's been on the crazy train ever since, first Amber "I pooped in Johnny Depp's bed!" Heard and now Grimes. And that's all well and good if he just wants disposable arm candy but he chose to knock Grimes up and not even put a ring on it. Whatever he was thinking he's gonna get reamed when that relationship runs its course, and believe me, with someone like her, it ain't gonna last long. He's pushing 50 now and using Grimes as a way to appear younger and hipper, like his stupid quip about it's "never too young to get ink" with the picture of his baby with Post Malone style face tattoos. He should just accept the fact that he's a Gen X nerd rather than trying to masquerade as Gen Z--and not fooling anybody. I suspect he's back on some combination of drugs again with him now saying he's gonna give away all his possessions. He is in desperate need of a therapist to get his life in order once and for all.

I like synth pop and I like Grimes' music, at least the synth pop stuff. Found her pretty attractive too, until she announced that she's "genderfluid" which is a meta bonerkiller. Maybe he's just into crazy women. Not a good thing, but I get it. I struggled with that too until I met my Latina trad Catholic wife, although I never went as far as being with a woman who claims to be something other than a woman.
 
Top