Elon Musk thread

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Here's Musk giving praise to his CCP masters in his latest public interview:

Musk replied: “China rocks in my opinion. The energy in China is great. People there – there’s like a lot of smart, hard working people. And they’re really -- they’re not entitled, they’re not complacent, whereas I see in the United States increasingly much more complacency and entitlement especially in places like the Bay Area, and L.A. and New York.”

Last year, Chinese government officials helped Tesla secure loans worth around $1.6 billion to construct and begin manufacturing vehicles at the company’s relatively new Shanghai factory. This year, the Shanghai government helped Tesla get back to normal operations quickly, at its new plant, after the region was struck by a Covid-19 outbreak and issued widespread quarantines that temporarily suspended manufacturing there.

Elon Musk says ‘China rocks’ while the U.S. is full of ‘complacency and entitlement’

He is 100% bang on though.

Jestx

Robin
He said one sentence, a 100% correct one btw, and you automatically assume his master is the ccp. Instead of focusing on his point about and the 3 big american cities and their entitlement problem. He is basically saying if america continues this way, it will lose.

He is 100% bang on though.

One critical comment of Musk and there a couple defenders? Do you actually think Musk would've made those comments if 1) he wasn't on Chinese soil and 2) the CCP did not give him $1.6bn for his Tesla plant (which they now have the intellectual property)

Some members are so easy to criticize American cities and degenerate way of life they become apologetic to globalist billionaires like Musk who lie through their teeth to the press to advance their own personal gain.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
He seems to have pissed somebody off. I don' t think he's "on our side" but I do think something has caused him to take the side he is.

Makes sense to me. It's not a comment against us, more of a critique of the United States.
The US tech community has become about shareholders and megacorp survival and not about a grander vision for national dominance that animated a lot of the 1950s and 60s, especially the Space Race.

Who cares about national dominance? China. Makes sense he'd make that comment.
US doesn't give a shit about winning. Megacorps don't want to win for America, just for themselves.

One critical comment of Musk and there a couple defenders? Do you actually think Musk would've made those comments if 1) he wasn't on Chinese soil and 2) the CCP did not give him $1.6bn for his Tesla plant (which they now have the intellectual property)

Some members are so easy to criticize American cities and degenerate way of life they become apologetic to globalist billionaires like Musk who lie through their teeth to the press to advance their own personal gain.

I believe those replies were about China, not about Musk

For sure most here are aware of his shortcomings

As for your belligerent talk towards China, you are falling in the frame the globalists use. This sort of rhetoric is inappropriate when your own country is in the process of being taken over by a coalition of dedicated Marxist losers and neo-liberalist oligarchs (of which Musk seems to be the exception)

Jestx

Robin
I believe those replies were about China, not about Musk

For sure most here are aware of his shortcomings

As for your belligerent talk towards China, you are falling in the frame the globalists use. This sort of rhetoric is inappropriate when your own country is in the process of being taken over by a coalition of dedicated Marxist losers and neo-liberalist oligarchs (of which Musk seems to be the exception)

No disagreement on the disgraceful situation of the US. Before the the US can even think of confronting China in a meaningful way the neo-liberal leaders currently in charge of US institutions must be replaced.

But that does not mean Musk is immune from criticism and those that look for him to be a leader in the conflicts to come will be sorely disappointed as he is a technocrat with no sense of national identity or loyalty.

No disagreement on the disgraceful situation of the US. Before the the US can even think of confronting China in a meaningful way the neo-liberal leaders currently in charge of US institutions must be replaced.

But that does not mean Musk is immune from criticism and those that look for him to be a leader in the conflicts to come will be sorely disappointed as he is a technocrat with no sense of national identity or loyalty.

I can't speak for others, but I am getting the idea there aren't that many people, on here at least, that idolize Musk

For me he is entertainment and a reminder that there are allies in even the most unexpected places

I also admire his IDGF attitude as he goes against the grain

A leader? No way. A patriot? I doubt it

skullmask

Woodpecker
I wonder about Musk. I don't think he's an idiot, otherwise SpaceX wouldn't have made it as far as it has so far. Yet he claims we need to move to sustainable energy which to me looks like just a big scam.

A part of me wonders if he is just making these statements in order to placate the woketards worried about their false god Gaia. They defunded the space program after Apollo because the woke said we shouldn't explore space until all the worthless eaters get fed. But that never ends, there will never be an end to the worthless eaters. By wrapping his mission in the cloak of the new woke religion he can stay off their radar.

Another thing I've noticed is there's some cross pollination between his various enterprises. For example, the prototype Starships all have Tesla batteries to supply power to their various systems. I also read that hyperloop is a joint Tesla/Spacex project. I have a few theories about this.

My main one is that the point of Tesla is to develop good EV tech for off-world mobility. IC engines won't work on the Moon or Mars, so having Tesla means he has the rover market cornered should he succeed in establishing off-world colonies. You could even argue that launching that Tesla Roadster on the maiden flight of Falcon Heavy was a test to see how the various systems of that car held up in the vacuum of space.

If he is serious about colonizing other worlds, he will probably want to set up decent transportation networks between different settlements. Hyperloop requires a near vacuum to work properly, so building those on other worlds with no atmosphere should be relatively easy.

Since it is doubtful that the government will let him launch equipment for building nuclear power plants in space, solar is likely his only option for powering these settlements, at least for the near future. In that light, pursuing solar power and building massive battery banks for them gives lots of valuable insight into setting up something similar off world. Getting that tech as good as he can, now, will make setting these power systems up in space easier.

I also think a lot of the living spaces on the Moon and Mars will likely be underground. This is where the Boring company comes in. supposedly their newest tunnel boring machine is roughly the same diameter as the Dragon spacecraft. I bet you could fit one in the cargo bay of an operational Starship quite easily. They also use all electric boring machines, just like Tesla cars. Set one up on the moon, and get it boring out living space for new colonists. They would be protected from radiation and temperature extremes. I think this would be quite valuable on the Moon, where a day lasts one whole Earth month.

Essentially, if humanity is gonna be able to live on the Moon and Mars, they will have to live without fossil fuels. By establishing himself as a leader in the industries working to remove dependence on fossil fuels he can solve a lot of the problems regarding how to run a civilization in space where fossil fuels don't work.

I wonder about Musk. I don't think he's an idiot, otherwise SpaceX wouldn't have made it as far as it has so far. Yet he claims we need to move to sustainable energy which to me looks like just a big scam.

Essentially, if humanity is gonna be able to live on the Moon and Mars, they will have to live without fossil fuels. By establishing himself as a leader in the industries working to remove dependence on fossil fuels he can solve a lot of the problems regarding how to run a civilization in space where fossil fuels don't work.

I gave up on this pipe dream a long time ago. We don't live in that future world as seen by the visionaries of the early and mid-20th century. We live in clown world, and the top-down hierarchy perpetuated by the cult of Baal will never allow free human expansion into the stars, were it possible. Only if their hold on humanity was eradicated, through all avenues, fraternal pacts, tribal warfare, usury, debt-slavery, everything woke-related, and satanic idolatry, would man ever be graced to leave this place.

skullmask

Woodpecker
I gave up on this pipe dream a long time ago. We don't live in that future world as seen by the visionaries of the early and mid-20th century. We live in clown world, and the top-down hierarchy perpetuated by the cult of Baal will never allow free human expansion into the stars, were it possible.

Yeah, but Musk hasn't. I think his desire to develop space exploration is genuine.

Hasn't the world always been wicked in some way or another, throughout history? It's just a matter of degree. Yet people were able to achieve great things in spite of it. If people just gave up ever trying anything until the world was perfect, none of the good things people have achieved would have been started in the first place.

Now, I do have a concern regarding the prospects of any future space colonization in today's context. You think our atomized communities are bad today, with the push for endless diversity? Try building a cohesive settlement on Mars, with ethnic quotas requiring X amount of non-binary trannies and every third world tribe imaginable? What happens if there's a BLM protest at the main pressure dome and they decide to burn it all down? But hey, that's what I call, a "teachable moment!"

NickK

Robin
A tidbit from the Wikipedia article on Neuralink:

"Musk defined the neural lace as a "digital layer above the cortex" that would not necessarily imply extensive surgical insertion but ideally an implant through a vein or artery. Musk explained that the long-term goal is to achieve symbiosis with artificial intelligence".

I think it's pretty clear what side he is on.

I studied EM a bit last year and decided he was too fake to give any time to. I suppose what turned me was listening to him speak on Joe Rogan. When answering questions he would pause like someone was speaking into his ear, not as an expert would speak. I think he was being coached what to say, maybe by lawyers, but he seemed to be strictly controlled. I think EM is a committee and the man is just a front man. Has anyone else gotten this opinion?

Elon Musk : Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a fantastic future / Ashlee Vance.

I started to read the above biography of EM about the same time. I couldn't finish it. Same deal, not believable.

I like the story of EM but my conclusion was it is just another story.....no time for fakary, the truth shines clear if I just look for it.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Musk on life support:

121289182_1248484392174286_7223218307055161927_n.jpg

A 1990-model Yugo overtaking Tesla at a local road near Zadar, Croatia.

Moolooman

Sparrow
I studied EM a bit last year and decided he was too fake to give any time to. I suppose what turned me was listening to him speak on Joe Rogan. When answering questions he would pause like someone was speaking into his ear, not as an expert would speak. I think he was being coached what to say, maybe by lawyers, but he seemed to be strictly controlled.

To be fair Musk was never renown for his patter. He’s a slow talker and considered thinker. But I do agrees having watched the interview it was almost as if he was waiting for legal clearance.

He is a true luciferian, like most others, striving for apotheosis during his brief time on this earth. All of them that have tried this before him have failed, and despite whatever temporary advancements he has made, he too will also never achieve this. He will be an old man, sad and depressed some day, realizing that he spent his life doing the devils work. Yeah sure he's got cool toys and a lot of money, but that emptiness on the inside is what pushes him to pursue these silly goals. I place a bet right now, there will never be a "human colony" on mars or the moon.

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
He is a true luciferian, like most others, striving for apotheosis during his brief time on this earth. All of them that have tried this before him have failed, and despite whatever temporary advancements he has made, he too will also never achieve this. He will be an old man, sad and depressed some day, realizing that he spent his life doing the devils work. Yeah sure he's got cool toys and a lot of money, but that emptiness on the inside is what pushes him to pursue these silly goals. I place a bet right now, there will never be a "human colony" on mars or the moon.

I don't understand this anti-technology turn in the forum - what's wrong with space exploration? It takes up a miniscule percentage of world GDP. If we don't do it the Chinese will - you can lecture to them all you want about them doing the devil's work while they dominate the earth and beyond.

Musk has tweeted pro red pill content and has never come out in favor of SJW ideology, unlike the rest of the woke capitalists. I don't get the hate.

skullmask

Woodpecker
@Arado Yes, as far as space exploration goes I think that's a good thing. I'm pretty leery about neuralink though. Something that allows direct interface between people and computers seems pretty dangerous to me, considering all the potential for malevolent actors to use this as a tool to harm and control people. He's a mixed bag that's for sure.

I get the feeling, at least from what is presented in media and youtube clips, that if someone were to try and make him take a stand on some SJW issue, he would simply reply "Ok, but how does this get us to Mars faster?" It would be pretty friggin' hilarious if he did.

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
Yes, as far as space exploration goes I think that's a good thing. I'm pretty leery about neuralink though. Something that allows direct interface between people and computers seems pretty dangerous to me, considering all the potential for malevolent actors to use this as a tool to harm and control people. He's a mixed bag that's for sure.

I get the feeling, at least from what is presented in media and youtube clips, that if someone were to try and make him take a stand on some SJW issue, he would simply reply "Ok, but how does this get us to Mars faster?" It would be pretty friggin' hilarious if he did.

Exactly - I think he's an ally since many SJW initiatives designed to promote equality of outcome over meritocracy will clearly have a detrimental affect on humanity's technological progress and he would naturally be against them.

Technology like Neuralink was inevitable, and as I debated as nauseum on the Neuralink thread, it's just the next stage in technological advancement. If Christian nations refuse to use it then the Chinese and Japanese will use it to dominate the future while the luddites live on like the Amish, completely dependent on the goodwill and low resource requirements of our transhumanist masters.