Elon Musk thread

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
I think Tesla is the next Theranos. I think it will fail within the next 6 to 12 months and Musk will go the same way as Delorean.

Remember that Musk, personally, is a marketing guy with some IT skills. His claim to fame was being one of the principles in Paypal where he was the marketing guy. Peter Thiel was the technical brain behind paypal and was their overall "brain" behind the outfit. Musk is a bright guy. But he does not personally have the engineering and technical experience or knowledge to understand the issues and processes of making an electric car or developing a reusable rocket.

Looks like this post from the first page of the thread has aged well.

A humble reminder for forum posters who are obsessed with bringing down men who have accomplished more than them, or getting defensive regardng others with more technical experience and knowledge.

We would benefit more as a group from learning from the great minds of our time (even when we disagree) than trying to belittle their success.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
It's difficult to predict the future in a chaotic situation.

These are the facts :
- Teslas are pricey and low quality.
- We are in a declining economic situation.
- Money is being printed at will by the government, and used to set prices. Communism 2.0.
- People want to "save the planet" (whatever that means) by driving cars which pollute more than before, and by producing energy (electricity) using more co2.
- Right now we have blackouts because we use electricity for heating yet want to shut down nuclear plants.
- We have more and more people whose job earns them less than what it costs them to do it (gilets jaunes). Think they can afford a new car ? And an expensive (and not very practical) one at that.

Well, let's see after a few monthes of cold winter in the dark who still wants to virtue signal in an electric car.
Or who will still be able to at all.

You know, I like the future and an optimistic idea of it (or I used to anyway) so smart cities for instance yeah sure why not.
But seeing that all the infrastructure will be made by slaves in china and we'll be out of our jobs, I just think this civilization will crumble before we ever get there.
So tesla .. how is it even relevant ?
The world is coming down and you want to pique my interest with your depreciating asset ? Right ..

skullmask

Woodpecker
Reminder that Globohomo doesn't want you to escape the prison planet they are building:

I think Mars would attract the sort of people these globo-homo bugmen hate most. I doubt worthless parasites would trade a life of ease and plenty on Earth for a life of hard work and struggle on Mars. Ironically, though they hate the type of men who would go and colonize Mars, they hate even more allowing them to do so. Because then they wouldn't be able to leach off them.

Slide-Rule

Sparrow
I think Mars would attract the sort of people these globo-homo bugmen hate most. I doubt worthless parasites would trade a life of ease and plenty on Earth for a life of hard work and struggle on Mars. Ironically, though they hate the type of men who would go and colonize Mars, they hate even more allowing them to do so. Because then they wouldn't be able to leach off them.

I for one would sign up to move to Mars tomorrow if I could. I would work for Elon Musk for pennies for the chance to do it. He's a white guy who got out of South Africa, that's all I need to know about him.

A horrible instant death on the other side of the wall vs. drag queen story hour. Let me bring along my 150-decade WW1 Battle Beads Rosary from Rugged Rosaries and I'll be set.

I've toyed around with the idea of writing a hard science fiction story (not to publish, just to keep my verbal skills sharp) about a group of white separatists, or perhaps Latin Mass Catholics who move to Mars... Similar to how the Puritans left England in the 1600s to come to North America.

A janitor pushing a trashcan and broom has more respect and value in my eyes than some globo-homo HR-NPC. The janitor stops working, and I'm stuck figuring out where the dumpster in the back is because now I have to take the trash out. The HR-NPC stops working... and I just keep on working.

I for one would sign up to move to Mars tomorrow if I could. I would work for Elon Musk for pennies for the chance to do it. He's a white guy who got out of South Africa, that's all I need to know about him.

A horrible instant death on the other side of the wall vs. drag queen story hour. Let me bring along my 150-decade WW1 Battle Beads Rosary from Rugged Rosaries and I'll be set.

I've toyed around with the idea of writing a hard science fiction story (not to publish, just to keep my verbal skills sharp) about a group of white separatists, or perhaps Latin Mass Catholics who move to Mars... Similar to how the Puritans left England in the 1600s to come to North America.

A janitor pushing a trashcan and broom has more respect and value in my eyes than some globo-homo HR-NPC. The janitor stops working, and I'm stuck figuring out where the dumpster in the back is because now I have to take the trash out. The HR-NPC stops working... and I just keep on working.
The jews would just cancel his mars missions if there weren't any obese, black, muslim, or trannies on the manned personned spaceflight crew. No escape for whites, they must fight or die.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker

A humble reminder for forum posters who are obsessed with bringing down men who have accomplished more than them, or getting defensive regardng others with more technical experience and knowledge.

We would benefit more as a group from learning from the great minds of our time (even when we disagree) than trying to belittle their success.
The post has not aged well at all, but calling Musk a ‘great mind’ is also silly. Elon is not Steve Jobs.

Elon Musk has great ideas, but terrible execution. He gets away with it because of his salesmanship, and focus on style over substance.

I like the guy’s based takes on certain issues, but he’s overrated. The only reason NASA contracts out to SpaceX is so that it can escape liability in case something goes wrong, as well as avoiding transparency.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
He wants to install a computer interface directly onto your brain. For that alone he may be worse than Bill Gates.
The implants are designed to protect against a rogue AI killing humans.

The idea is that if you can only give instructions to a computer in writing, the odds that the computer misinterprets what you say are high. If the computer gets to know you intimately, it has a lot more context and will make less mistakes.

AI is a huge risk now because people are starting to train AI systems against people with conservative viewpoints. If someone with a bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome can be cured does that mean that everyone potentially has conservative viewpoints? If so, the AI can easily misinterpret the instructions and kill everyone.

Brain implants are not necessarily the right solution but something should be done about AI risk.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
The implants are designed to protect against a rogue AI killing humans.

The idea is that if you can only give instructions to a computer in writing, the odds that the computer misinterprets what you say are high. If the computer gets to know you intimately, it has a lot more context and will make less mistakes.

AI is a huge risk now because people are starting to train AI systems against people with conservative viewpoints. If someone with a bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome can be cured does that mean that everyone potentially has conservative viewpoints? If so, the AI can easily misinterpret the instructions and kill everyone.

Brain implants are not necessarily the right solution but something should be done about AI risk.
This is a bad take.

A rogue AI is just as likely to hack a chip in your brain, wrecking your self-autonomy.

By contrast, if you go Amish and flee to the woods, you have a chance of surviving an external AI threat.

Musk is a good propagandist, but he’s into transhumanism like all the elite. Nobody should be respecting this guy.

Last edited:

joost

Kingfisher

Tesla Tells California DMV that FSD Is Not Capable of Autonomous Driving​

Robert Baldwin, writing for Car and Driver:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been promising FSD (Full Self Driving) software for years. For owners, opting for the chance to have their Tesla drive them to work and back mostly on its own has set them back to the tune of up to $10,000. But according to a letter that Tesla sent to the California DMV about FSD’s capability, acquired by PlainSite via a public records request, the dream of a self-driving car from the automaker this year might be just that, a dream.
The key correspondence comes from December 28, 2020, between Tesla’s associate general counsel Eric C. Williams and California DMV’s chief of the autonomous vehicles branch, Miguel D. Acosta. A letter details the capabilities of both Autopilot and FSD: “Currently neither Autopilot nor FSD Capability is an autonomous system, and currently no comprising feature, whether singularly or collectively, is autonomous or makes our vehicles autonomous,” Williams states.

source:

Bitter End

Woodpecker
So Neuralink release a video of a monkey with a brain implant. How is this not terrifying the majority of the viewers is beyond me.

The use of this technological breakthrough? "To help disabled people" of course.

Even though Musk himself spoke against AI a couple of years ago on Joe Rogan. How quickly do we want technology eroding any semblance of normal human interaction?

I don't hate Musk but he's hardly an entrepreneur like people make him out to be. He's just another elite crony with crazy views and bad morals.

Also, Tesla cars are junk for liberal urban dwellers who want to appear rich but can't afford a real luxury car.

Laughs in S-class

skullmask

Woodpecker

I just had another thought about Musk and his brain chip. Mark of the beast will be placed on the right hand or the forehead. Neuralink is the MOTB for the forehead. It's so obvious.

Another misleading article. Look, the media lies, even if the person it's talking about is someone you may not trust , respect or like.

In this case the lie is one of omission. The self driving feature in Tesla cars is still in beta, and that means you still need to be in the driver's seat so you can take control if the car runs into issues. IIRC Tesla even stated that they revoked people's beta access when caught being irresponsible like that.

What I would be interested in is how self driving cars are going to handle interstates and roads where the speed limit is just a suggestion. Especially on narrow country roads. They aren't going to program them to go with the flow and speed like everyone else for legal reasons. I suspect there's gonna be a lot of road rage incidents due to impatient human drivers.

Also, the MOTB is a mark the antichrist will require in order to buy or sell. As far as I know they aren't trying to put neurolink devices inside people's hands, as I doubt it will do much good there for what they're trying to accomplish. An implantable RFID chip is tech that already exists, and is a better match IMHO. There are even people who have voluntarily had them implanted in their hands so they can swipe their hand to pay for things, like you would a credit card.