Elon Musk thread

skullmask

Woodpecker
I'm speaking about the forehead. And MOTB doesn't need to be the same exact thing for both places.
Also, the MOTB is a mark the antichrist will require in order to buy or sell. As far as I know they aren't trying to put neurolink devices inside people's hands, as I doubt it will do much good there for what they're trying to accomplish. An implantable RFID chip is tech that already exists, and is a better match IMHO. There are even people who have voluntarily had them implanted in their hands so they can swipe their hand to pay for things, like you would a credit card.

I don't see how neurolink is suitable to be a MOTB when we already have RFID chips that do it better, and are in fact being used right now in the same way as it's being done in the bible.

RFID Chip for payments

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
I recently looked up "elon musk debunked part 1" from Common Sense Skeptic on Youtube. Elon Musk guy is a charlatane^3. In every single company he bought, he made sure to push out the inventors, and anyone who did not want to put up with his attitude. When this blows up, it will be epic.

Fenaroli

Robin
It's so bizarre how someone can become one of the richest people in the world with insane government subsidies, no need to show any profit, crony deals, Central Bank printing.

I like that once in a while he says based things, but yikes, his whole business model is nuts. Something is so off about him.

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member
It's so bizarre how someone can become one of the richest people in the world with insane government subsidies, no need to show any profit, crony deals, Central Bank printing.

I like that once in a while he says based things, but yikes, his whole business model is nuts. Something is so off about him.

If he actually manages to put a man on Mars and then get the astronauts safely back to Earth again, all will be vindicated and none of the criticism put forward by his detractors will matter in the eyes of future generations. Rightly so.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
If he actually manages to put a man on Mars and then get the astronauts safely back to Earth again, all will be vindicated and none of the criticism put forward by his detractors will matter in the eyes of future generations. Rightly so.
How will an independent party verify that it actually happened and was not a hoax...

skullmask

Woodpecker
Well spacex just recently was awarded the moon lander contract. Maybe they can have their first test landing revisit one of the old Apollo sites. Once they shut up those idiotic moon hoaxers maybe they'll keep their mouths shut when we finally land on Mars.

skullmask

Woodpecker
There must be a technical reason for slowing the charging rate, but they never mention it. They act like Tesla did this for no other reason than to make their cars work less well. It seems likely that there is more to the story.
I would think so. The affected vehicles were older models, and the battery chemistry isn't much different from cellphones. This could be a big problem in the future for EV owners because replacement of the battery is not a trivial task, and the part itself is quite expensive.

If Tesla wants to displace ICE vehicles they are gonna have to figure out how to make a battery pack last at least 15 to 20 years.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
Musk is a wackadoodle until proven otherwise. His cars however, will be constantly mining crypto while performing robotic taxi services throughout the world displacing most of the leftover honest jobs available in the third world.

Artificial intelligence still not yet ready for prime time you say? That's why they'll need cooperation to expertly control the road environment such that the ai never gets confused from silly random organic events. Human drivers will need pre approvals and submit to monitoring(as well as health protocols for safety) to be able to enter the electric space. In order for this vision to be accomplished, Tesla will need to be proven safe by both CNN and ABC's investigative reporters.

Last edited:

Valentine

Kingfisher
Gold Member

Very informative video on the privacy and freedom issues that Tesla brings. These smart cars can track and analyse your behaviour better than smartphones, and in the future they'll be able to control you even greater e.g. they could use geofencing to prevent you from leaving or driving towards a location.

skullmask

Woodpecker
Had my interest until the narrator started smearing Dr. von Braun as a nazi. For one thing, in Germany at the time you pretty much had to be a member of the party if you were involved in anything important like rockets. He also was not the head of NASA. That's just sloppy. He was the director of the Marshal Space Flight Center, and did a good job running the Saturn V program. Going after an accomplished legend like that makes me doubt the motives of this video.

Being able to run a space company and not run it into the ground is a significant accomplishment. If not for SpaceX the USA would not have the ability to send astronauts into orbit, and we'd still be forced to hitch a ride on the Soyuz. Meanwhile Boeing, supposedly a serious company with a long history of accomplishments is still stuck trying to get their starliner spacecraft to work right.