Elon Musk thread

balybary

Pelican
Catholic
I guess the media are keeping some "dirty stuff" about most of the famous people and are ready to create scandals at the right time for the established power.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Just saw an ad on TV for Lucid (at a bar; I certainly would not watch TV at home).

Lucid is a new electric car company. They claim 500 miles range, and 1000 HP!

The commercial was fairly vague, but I looked it up. Lucid delivered 125 cars in 4th quarter 2021. The lead engineer is a former Tesla engineer who became disgruntled. They claim orders worth $2.5 billion.

I'd say this is globalist flack aimed at EM because of his bad think. (((They))) are going after Tesla, now that they have started delivering multiple 100k cars/quarter.

Edit: The commercial was on TNT during the DAL/GSW NBA playoff game.

Edit2: It looked like a nice car. Would Drive (WD)

Last edited:

joost

Pelican
Musk has a huge amount of followers that might vote for the candidate he endorses. And that's very dangerous for the establishment so they'll do anything to take him down.

Democrats have been doing for decades (getting celebrities endorsements) but when a Republican might do the same...

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Musk is just a liberal that had the balls to keep his beliefs planted in place, rather than just following the woke/fag mob. This is precisely why the Left absolutely despises him. Doesn't mean we now have to like everything about him, I appreciate the skepticism on this forum, but can't we just enjoy it for what it is? He is in the same league as Rogan, where the left knows they are a dangerous gateway drug, versus someone like Tucker Carlson, who is too tainted to break into leftist minds.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Guys, wouldn't you agree that Mrs. Lesby is nothing but a bot? Even the name sounds strange.

I mean, spewing such nonsensical crap over and over again on Twitter can't be the product of a human brain. Or am I wrong about that?
She is doing satire, like Titania McGrath. Individually, her posts look like something a real wokester would say, but if you go to her Twitter page and see a bunch of her posts, it becomes obvious. Her name in reverse is Lesby, Ann.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Just saw an ad on TV for Lucid (at a bar; I certainly would not watch TV at home).

Lucid is a new electric car company. They claim 500 miles range, and 1000 HP!

The commercial was fairly vague, but I looked it up. Lucid delivered 125 cars in 4th quarter 2021. The lead engineer is a former Tesla engineer who became disgruntled. They claim orders worth $2.5 billion.

I'd say this is globalist flack aimed at EM because of his bad think. (((They))) are going after Tesla, now that they have started delivering multiple 100k cars/quarter.

Edit: The commercial was on TNT during the DAL/GSW NBA playoff game.

Edit2: It looked like a nice car. Would Drive (WD)

Musk's situation is starting to resemble that of Preston Tucker, a maverick, visionary American entrepreneur engineer who challenged the auto industry, produced cars that were ahead of their time, and ended up being taken out by the Detroit troika, brought down by the SEC in a sham fraud case.

Preston-Tucker-1-e1609005463931.jpg

0-1-1024x619.jpg

81LII26PPXL.jpg

81itDlXtRcL.jpg

1947-48 Tucker Torpedo:

1101px-Tucker_Torpedo_%28rear%29.jpg

Profile+Back.jpg

10074308.jpeg.jpg

115982_Interior_Web.jpg

Tucker took a different tack, designing a safety car with innovative features and modern styling. His specifications called for a rear engine like Porsche, disc brakes, fuel injection and a padded dashboard. The final car was only 60 inches (1524 mm) tall, but was very roomy inside. It featured a directional third headlight, dubbed the "Cyclops Eye," for use in turns. It lit up whenever the car was steered by more than 10 degrees. The body design came from Alex Tremulis and was called the most aerodynamic in the world. Although it still sported pre-war type fenders, it was startlingly modern. Mathematically-computed drag coefficient was only 0.27,

Tucker's specifications for his revolutionary car called for a rear engine, a low-RPM 589 cubic inch engine with hydraulic valves instead of a camshaft, fuel injection, direct-drive torque converters on each rear wheel (instead of a transmission), disc brakes, the location of all instruments within the diameter and reach of the steering wheel, a padded dashboard, self-sealing tubeless tires, independent springless suspension, a chassis that protected occupants in a side impact, a roll bar within the roof, a laminated windshield designed to pop out during an accident, and a center "cyclops" headlight which would turn when steering at angles greater than 10 degrees in order to improve visibility around corners during night driving.

Good article on the Tucker saga, the SEC conspiracy against him, and his unbridled entrepreneurial spirit:

SEC trial and demise of the Tucker Corporation (1949–1950)

In 1949, Tucker surrendered his corporate records to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. United States Attorney Otto Kerner, Jr. began a grand jury investigation in February 1949. On March 3, 1949, a federal judge handed control of the Tucker Corporation over to Aaron J. Colnon and John H. Schatz. Soon thereafter on June 10, 1949, Tucker and six other Tucker Corporation executives were indicted on 25 counts of mail fraud, 5 counts of violations of SEC regulations and one count of conspiracy to defraud.

The tide turned in Tucker's favor when the government called its final witness, SEC accountant Joseph Turnbull, who testified that Tucker had taken in over $28 million and spent less than one-seventh of it on research and development of the car. He stated that Tucker had taken over $500,000 of the investors' money for himself, but never delivered a production car. Kirby rebutted Turnbull's claims on cross-examination, asking for proof of the allegations of financial mismanagement from Tucker's seized financial records. Turnbull was unable to offer such evidence.

After this final SEC witness, Tucker's defense attorneys surprised everyone by refusing to call any witnesses to the stand. Defense attorney Daniel Glasser told the court, "It is impossible to present a defense when there has been no offense". In his closing arguments, Kirby became tearful and emotionally told the jury to "stop picking at the turkey," and stated that Tucker "either intended to cheat and that's all they intended to do or they tried in good faith to produce a car. The two are irreconcilable." He then invited the members of the jury to take a ride in one of the eight Tucker '48s parked in front of the courthouse before they made their decision.

On January 22, 1950, after 28 hours of deliberations, the jury returned a verdict of "not guilty" on all counts for all accused. Tucker had prevailed at the trial, but the Tucker Corporation, now without a factory, buried in debt, and faced with numerous lawsuits from Tucker dealers that were angry about the production delays, thus, was no more.

Great longer article on Preston Tucker and his craft here:

1653149115885.png

Last edited:

Dante Wren

Pigeon
Orthodox
She is doing satire, like Titania McGrath. Individually, her posts look like something a real wokester would say, but if you go to her Twitter page and see a bunch of her posts, it becomes obvious. Her name in reverse is Lesby, Ann.
I had caught that. There's a lot of this Juvenalian variety going around right now, which is a good thing. The actual Scolds will feel the sting.

Musk is just a liberal that had the balls to keep his beliefs planted in place, rather than just following the woke/fag mob. This is precisely why the Left absolutely despises him. Doesn't mean we now have to like everything about him, I appreciate the skepticism on this forum, but can't we just enjoy it for what it is? He is in the same league as Rogan, where the left knows they are a dangerous gateway drug, versus someone like Tucker Carlson, who is too tainted to break into leftist minds.
Elon strikes me as a libertarian. He seems drawn to the sorts of things I've pegged libertarians to be drawn to, like transhumanism. He's even described himself as socially liberal and fiscally conservative, which is the poli sci 101 definition of libertarianism.

I think otherwise about Tucker Carlson. There's a growing phenomenon known as the Tucker democrat. I am cautiously optimistic that the woke mob will soon get the lumpenprole treatment. Couldn't happen to a nicer conglomeration of dysgenic freaks.

Cynllo

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I think otherwise about Tucker Carlson. There's a growing phenomenon known as the Tucker democrat. I am cautiously optimistic that the woke mob will soon get the lumpenprole treatment. Couldn't happen to a nicer conglomeration of dysgenic freaks.

There are signs of the regime's weakness and it increasingly seems the globalist plans are untenable. One, I think their technology and transhumanism plans are far beyond what can be achieved. Though part of that is because there are too many people who take up resources and don't contribute to their technocracy. With the economy, there are fewer and fewer people pushing wealth growth. If you are a shop clerk you are providing no more value than a shop clerk in the 1920s. Any increased standard of living a shop clerk has got in the last 100 years is due to other people producing wealth in an economy that lifts them up. This is a primary reason for growing wealth inequality. The shop clerk wants the fruits of the growing economy, but is not contributing to its growth. This is why most of these people like Musk and Dorsey are for UBI. They think all these people's contributions can be replaced by technology and the increased spoils can be used to sustain them out of work. But it hasn't panned out anything like they thought. As mentioned they think they are greater than they are.

There could be a technological wildcard that may change that somewhat, like the neurolink. But we haven't seen much real innovation like there was in much of the 19th and earlier 20th century. Most innovation has been of time wasting implements like gaming, streaming, social media.

More importantly the regime requires large amounts of unproductive capital. Who knows what has been done behind the scenes, but they have a conflict of interest in their rabid plans to shutter much of the economy, maintain political power and funding propaganda.

We've seen the cracks with mass layoffs at the fake news beaurus for about a decade. With the Putin price hike added into their covid dun it years, their of pruning of our standard of living has been biting back at them. Now Netflix is having to purge some of its most obscene programming.

Another aspect is the sheer incompetence of the bioleninists and their fellow travellers. The best case being that Jankwoticz woman from the ministry of truth , who wrote a book on dealing with cyberbullying, but was bullied out of a federal post due to the ridiculous nature of everything about it and her. These people are only going to get worse as they are enriched with people who learned that sucking their thumb listening to calming music in a safe space is the response to mad, bad and stupid conservatives.

These people have atrophied from decades of not needing to argue, as they increasingly find themselves in the ruins of their own ideology, with global laughing stock losses like Afghanistan and hiding behind a man they just need to stay alive. Conversely anyone going forward for the right is going be very resilient and resourceful in this environment, in which the left want to snuff out the remnants of tradition.

The right has obviously been very quiet in recent decades, afraid of being shouted at and banned. But it seems that the left has now crossed too many red lines and we are around the point where not speaking out is more painful than speaking out.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
To me the most important development of Elon Musks most recent public position statements is his obvious acknowledgment of The Left’s lies and hypocrisies. This is IMO the critical step in an individuals awareness journey: what was long ago been referred to as “red pilling” . Breaking from the misguided ideological position based on curated “emotion“ is the threshold to viewing policy “facts“ critically. Policies are what matter. I for one am cautiously optimistic that his voice can be a net positive influence over time.