Elon Musk thread

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
funny_memes_12.jpg

TheFunto

Sparrow
Catholic
I see Elon as chaotic neutral. Like every incredibly wealthy person he has financial and personal ties to evil people. He is not a "savior" to the right but the world needs people like him.

We had this debate on another thread a while ago but I consider all technology to be amoral - it depends entirely on the morality of the user.
In the sense that, if left alone it would not accomplish evil, yes. Maybe one can use a baby killing pill for the day after conception to clean dirty pipes in the kitchen and it would not be the murder it was designed to achieve.

How about in vitro fertilization? It may not be immoral, but the inevitable consequence is surrogate mothers renting their bodies to manufacture babies like they are objects; or creates an egg industry that exploits young healthy impoverished women by offering too much money in order to get them to to something they normally would not. Amoral is very friendly with immorality.

Wherever good is not, evil sits in wait and is present.

Last edited:

Enoch

Hummingbird
In the sense that, if left alone it would not accomplish evil, yes. Maybe one can use a baby killing pill for the day after conception to clean dirty pipes in the kitchen and it would not be the murder it was designed to achieve.

How about in vitro fertilization? It may not be immoral, but the inevitable consequence is surrogate mothers renting their bodies to manufacture babies like they are objects; or creates an egg industry that exploits young healthy impoverished women by offering too much money in order to get them to to something they normally would not. Amoral is very friendly with immorality.

Wherever good is not, evil sits in wait and is present.
Yes, and man must CHOOSE to do evil. If God didn't want people to have a choice he wouldn't have allowed the snake in the garden.

I'm seeing on the right calls for some sort of Christian caliphate. Any form of religious rule or governance in civic society will inevitably lead to corruption and perversion. Just look at the Catholic Church.

Cynllo

Kingfisher
Other Christian

It's clear that trans ideology is the battering ram that will destroy the family and enthrone the secular state.

gat

Robin
Protestant

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
What is hilarious is, after spending hundreds of millions helping Democrats get elected, appeasing woke employees and users around every corner, literally being the perpetual poster child for Democrat shilling billionaires... Zuckerberg is STILL thrown under the bus by Ocasio-Cortez like he is some big oil executive that lives on a ranch in Texas surrounded by guns and cheerleaders in cowboy boots. It doesn't matter how much you pander to these people, they WILL toss you in the trash the minute they gain even the shortest term benefit from it.
Fixed your dangling modifier that seemed to imply that Ocasio-Cortez was the one helping Democrats get elected, not Zuckerberg.
The overbearing honcho of Facebook doesn't appease users around every corner, only those corners that "woke" leftists like.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
If you are a shop clerk you are providing no more value than a shop clerk in the 1920s.
That is not true. Thanks to barcode scanners and computerization, shop clerks today are more productive than shop clerks in the 1920s---they can
ring up many more items, and the checkout lines move faster. The people who are no more productive today than they were a century ago are
teachers, since human beings are too varied in their intelligence and skills (and willingness to learn!) to apply standardized methods to teaching.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
This undoubtably is partially why he is swinging to the right. He has seen the woke agenda enter his own home. I also think for a time he embraced the woke agenda deeply - with that purple haired tattoed witch-like woman he was dating. Then he broke it off with her and probably started on a journey back toward truth.
He was a full on techno-liberal until only recently. Almost certainly a mostly absent father as well. I'm glad he's seeing things differently these days, but it was probably his own fault leaving his kid to be raised by a probable leftist mother. Hopefully he understands and shares his mistakes.

gat

Robin
Protestant
He was a full on techno-liberal until only recently. Almost certainly a mostly absent father as well. I'm glad he's seeing things differently these days, but it was probably his own fault leaving his kid to be raised by a probable leftist mother. Hopefully he understands and shares his mistakes.
I think you are mostly correct - except maybe on the absent father part. He started a special private school for his kids and others in LA. Ad Astra. It takes an involved father to homeschool - this is not far from that. He could easily have paid for the most prestigious private school and moved on. Instead he invested time and money on a better education for his children - as he sees it.