Elon Musk thread

Samseau

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
Twitter under Musk might actually apply rules evenhandedly now? Wasn't considering going back to Twitter but now it looks decent. Twitter is basically a step above Reddit now as a forum. It's got more free speech than Reddit but has certain limits that apply to everyone fairly, so that doesn't seem unreasonable to me (yet). I'm tempted.

Ember

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
1618b494a4870ce4.jpg

7362d00fe5a9dc46.jpeg

2f25b565abf568ea.jpeg

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
Twitter under Musk might actually apply rules evenhandedly now? Wasn't considering going back to Twitter but now it looks decent. Twitter is basically a step above Reddit now as a forum. It's got more free speech than Reddit but has certain limits that apply to everyone fairly, so that doesn't seem unreasonable to me (yet). I'm tempted.

Yes, Twitter is the place to be at the moment.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
There is a huge shift happening in the culture. It wasn't started by Musk, It's been brewing for ages but the Trump run up in 2016 really did something. Musk is pushing it along though.

I frequent a number of engineering firms and the lunch rooms are often a complain fest.
The other day I unironically said that the solution is to take the women back out of the workforce which was quite well received. The follow up of arranged marriages didn't go down so well - so I'll work on the delivery there.

Northumber

Sparrow
Protestant
^ I work in a corporate setting and there is definitely an undercurrent that is gaining steam. One interesting thing about the diversity push in corporations is that it also includes picking up people from third world countries that just wanted to better themselves and their family by coming to the US. They come from a traditional backgound and for the most part still adhere to that.

Most everyone was duped by the scamdemic, but they are beginning to listen to me now. They can connect the dots if they've come from a country with authoritarian rule and propaganda. I have to be careful who I pop off to but many laugh and concur in the idiocy of setting aside an entire month to celebrate anal sex (and yes, I try to be explicit as possible during our "water cooler convos" because it's funny and it reveals just how absurd it is).

I think you are correct about the tide but it will be interesting to see how the system level responds. It looks like a lot of doubling down going on as well.

homersheineken

Pelican
Protestant