Embarrassed by the decline of Western culture?

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
Let me start this by saying when I lived in China in the early to mid 2000s I was proud to be a product of western civilization. At that time I think others saw us as products of a strong, rich, creative and beautiful civilization. I was totally proud of who I was. At that time China was mostly poor, dirty, unhygienic, and corrupt. Fast forward to today's date and I totally don't feel the same. In fact a lot of other white people have become a total embarrassment. Embracing physical ugliness and moral degeneracy of all kinds. They seem to be doing everything possible to commit national suicide and are totally oblivious. We have in the large part given up everything that was once good about our culture and replaced it with trash. A lot of people who have moved here have seen how we really are and shake their heads. One Chinese guy who used to attend the same church gave me one of the most red pilled lectures I have ever heard in the church lobby and it woke me up. The weirdest part is to witness these immigrants pick up the parts of our culture we have discarded. Several conservative churches I have been to are full of north Asians while the children of the boomers no longer attend at all. Some of the Asian folks don't even initially believe in God but see a good moral code for their youth. The work ethic, love of education, appreciation of high culture (e.g., piano and classical music). I could go on and on. Why can't we wake up and start to reverse our own decline?

paternos

Sparrow
Catholic
The Bible is quite clear on it, be an example yourself.

John 13:15
For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

And 2 don't mingle with unbelievers.

Corinthians 6:14-18
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

Corinthians 5:9-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

What you can do?
Be an example of gods love and be among believers.

It also doesn't say fear the decline the civilization, but may it bring them to God.

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

And it seems logical to me. Seeing healthy, happy, balanced people attracts other people. Where the secular world gets more and more perverted the church is a safe haven or those wishing to be close to God.

anti-science

Pigeon
Gnostic or New Age
Sadly current western world is more in line with the vision of atheists such as marquis de sade than any even semi-christian upbringing. Young girls are groomed by social media to essentially be prostitutes and sodomy is everywhere. It will only get worse before it hopefully implodes.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Let me start this by saying when I lived in China in the early to mid 2000s I was proud to be a product of western civilization. At that time I think others saw us as products of a strong, rich, creative and beautiful civilization. I was totally proud of who I was. At that time China was mostly poor, dirty, unhygienic, and corrupt. Fast forward to today's date and I totally don't feel the same. In fact a lot of other white people have become a total embarrassment. Embracing physical ugliness and moral degeneracy of all kinds. They seem to be doing everything possible to commit national suicide and are totally oblivious. We have in the large part given up everything that was once good about our culture and replaced it with trash. A lot of people who have moved here have seen how we really are and shake their heads. One Chinese guy who used to attend the same church gave me one of the most red pilled lectures I have ever heard in the church lobby and it woke me up. The weirdest part is to witness these immigrants pick up the parts of our culture we have discarded. Several conservative churches I have been to are full of north Asians while the children of the boomers no longer attend at all. Some of the Asian folks don't even initially believe in God but see a good moral code for their youth. The work ethic, love of education, appreciation of high culture (e.g., piano and classical music). I could go on and on. Why can't we wake up and start to reverse our own decline?
It is interesting you mention China. I think both China and the USA are in a moral decline although not for the exact same reasons (although both share many reasons as well).

1) Materialism: Both nations are infected by the need to get more garbage to show off and I think this is worse in China (despite them being communist-it is hugely ironic). China is actually more open about this and less ashamed (due to most people lacking religious beliefs).

2) Narcissism: Chinese people actually seem more addicted to smartphones but of course both countries have this problem and Americans might be more narcissistic about it. Both countries have a need for perfect selfies though.

3) Obesity rates: climbing in both countries but of course the USA proudly leads the way among major nations.

4) Sloppy dress and appearance: Definitely worse in the USA although some in China dress crappy. Sadly, few younger women in China wear the traditional qipao which actually looks really nice.

5) Lack of trust within society: Bad in the USA but worse in China. Most people are cold towards each other. There are tons of food poisoning cases due to greedy people making fake eggs, dipping food in bad chemicals, selling expired food, etc... Also, if an old person falls, you are scared to help them because they might sue you AND WIN! However, within families and friends-there might actually be more trust overall than in the USA. Guanxi (relationships and connections) is more important in China and taken more seriously.

I will say that in China, people are more likely to think it is good to behave. In the USA, being a rebel is likely to make you more popular. In China, if you state that you think the police should be respected and that the police were right to arrest a criminal, you will not lose your job. In the USA, people have lost their jobs for supporting the police. What I like about China is that they have less shame in being Chinese. Movie companies don't feel the need to have diversity and the country seems to focus on its own interests first. The USA deliberately wants to hurt its majority group which is weird.

China will surpass the USA as a superpower and the USA deserves to decline. However, as with the USA, I feel China could be a much better and happier nation if people stopped being corrupt and were less materialistic and stopped their addiction to video games and cell phone games and used the time for reading or more productive hobbies. Real Christianity would be good for China but the government discourages this. Like the USA, I think China likes the fact their people are addicted to social media, it makes them weaker and easier to control.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
It is interesting you mention China. I think both China and the USA are in a moral decline although not for the exact same reasons (although both share many reasons as well).

1) Materialism: Both nations are infected by the need to get more garbage to show off and I think this is worse in China (despite them being communist-it is hugely ironic). China is actually more open about this and less ashamed (due to most people lacking religious beliefs).

2) Narcissism: Chinese people actually seem more addicted to smartphones but of course both countries have this problem and Americans might be more narcissistic about it. Both countries have a need for perfect selfies though.

3) Obesity rates: climbing in both countries but of course the USA proudly leads the way among major nations.

4) Sloppy dress and appearance: Definitely worse in the USA although some in China dress crappy. Sadly, few younger women in China wear the traditional qipao which actually looks really nice.

5) Lack of trust within society: Bad in the USA but worse in China. Most people are cold towards each other. There are tons of food poisoning cases due to greedy people making fake eggs, dipping food in bad chemicals, selling expired food, etc... Also, if an old person falls, you are scared to help them because they might sue you AND WIN! However, within families and friends-there might actually be more trust overall than in the USA. Guanxi (relationships and connections) is more important in China and taken more seriously.

I will say that in China, people are more likely to think it is good to behave. In the USA, being a rebel is likely to make you more popular. In China, if you state that you think the police should be respected and that the police were right to arrest a criminal, you will not lose your job. In the USA, people have lost their jobs for supporting the police. What I like about China is that they have less shame in being Chinese. Movie companies don't feel the need to have diversity and the country seems to focus on its own interests first. The USA deliberately wants to hurt its majority group which is weird.

China will surpass the USA as a superpower and the USA deserves to decline. However, as with the USA, I feel China could be a much better and happier nation if people stopped being corrupt and were less materialistic and stopped their addiction to video games and cell phone games and used the time for reading or more productive hobbies. Real Christianity would be good for China but the government discourages this. Like the USA, I think China likes the fact their people are addicted to social media, it makes them weaker and easier to control.
I used the Chinese as it is the group I am most familiar with (other than my own culture). My time living in China is quite dated. Most of my Chinese friends are in their 40s to 50s and Christian so this skews things a bit.

Materialism and love of money is definitely one of their biggest flaws and I think they generally admire people with money even if they got said money through corruption or immoral means. I don't know a single person in Canada who would waste money on expensive watches or handbags or other status symbols unless they were really wealthy. The Chinese do save and and are good entrepreneurs though.

As far as appearances I find it difficult to identify a truly ugly Chinese woman (other than our current health minister). People here seem to be trying to make themselves ugly whether deliberately or through ignorance. I imagine the days of every construction worker wearing a crumpled cheap suit in China has long gone but it was comical.

The other things you stated were all true in my experience. I did notice there was a large and growing Christian population and openness to learn about religion. The lack of "wokeness" is the main difference I see. I think if I was to pinpoint something it would be that wokeness and decline in faith is the main problem with our culture.

Last edited:

KiwiInBudapest

Robin
Protestant
Why should one feel embarrassment or pride for things you've not personally been a part of anyway? When it's your day of reckoning, it will be irrelevant regardless.

Quit following the news and you'll be more likely to have get rid of the doomer mentality. All empires have falled and will fall, it's the cycle of life.

cb645jkdlmsy.jpg

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The USA deliberately wants to hurt its majority group which is weird.
White culture has been so degraded by individualism, politics, and technology, we’ve pretty much erased our identity. Whites feel no affinity towards one another, and many white families are frankly quite broken. It’s fairly common for extended or even immediate family to be out of touch or feuding. This lack of affinity means whites will often attribute things like career failures or poor social standing, with rudeness or lack of empathy from their own race, and project fuzzy ideals of community and politeness onto races they have little interaction with, and whom the media always portrays as warm and innocent. My mom is a typical SJW and this describes her to a tee. She talks crap about white people constantly from her life experiences, but has very naive ideals about other races projected through shallow, polite interactions. It’s sort of like how you’ll see black American vloggers goto Japan and talk about how they don’t feel “racism” like they do in the states, though obviously the experience just visiting versus living, working, and socializing there would be vastly different. .

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
White culture has been so degraded by individualism, politics, and technology, we’ve pretty much erased our identity. Whites feel no affinity towards one another, and many white families are frankly quite broken. It’s fairly common for extended or even immediate family to be out of touch or feuding. This lack of affinity means whites will often attribute things like career failures or poor social standing, with rudeness or lack of empathy from their own race, and project fuzzy ideals of community and politeness onto races they have little interaction with, and whom the media always portrays as warm and innocent. My mom is a typical SJW and this describes her to a tee. She talks crap about white people constantly from her life experiences, but has very naive ideals about other races projected through shallow, polite interactions. It’s sort of like how you’ll see black American vloggers goto Japan and talk about how they don’t feel “racism” like they do in the states, though obviously the experience just visiting versus living, working, and socializing there would be vastly different. .
I think you have honed in on two things I have observed and experienced. I can't recall a white guy ever helping me get a job (an Indo-Canadian did once and several Chinese have tried) and can't even remember the number of times I have had to listen to some politically correct presentation by a white boomer male on how he was mentoring a minority female to succeed him or some such arrangement.

We don't pool our resources as families to help our members either. Everything is based on the individual and we can't see ourselves as a group or even look out for our own interests even for immediate family. What I can't understand is how western people can not see the rise of the Chinese and Islamic civilizations while their own is dying. They think everyone operates by the same values they do and it will all be fine. China is looking out for China not the USA or Canada. When a guy like Trump stands up for American he gets huge respect from the Chinese because he is the kind of leader they would want. Western people just heap scorn on him though.

Many Asian youth also live at home until married or even later and stack cash. White families are like he/she is out of the house at 18.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
Why should one feel embarrassment or pride for things you've not personally been a part of anyway? When it's your day of reckoning, it will be irrelevant regardless.

Quit following the news and you'll be more likely to have get rid of the doomer mentality. All empires have falled and will fall, it's the cycle of life.

cb645jkdlmsy.jpg
The cycle of R and K. I have tried ignoring the news and just focusing on self improvement but with COVID and the vax pass it became real quite quickly. I think in the end I just care too much and love our history.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
The cycle of R and K. I have tried ignoring the news and just focusing on self improvement but with COVID and the vax pass it became real quite quickly. I think in the end I just care too much and love our history.

It's sad what has happened. I think that one of the most important things is to keep our history, our thought intact through all the propaganda and forced change of mindset.

The silver lining in all this is many of us have a better grasp on history then we ever would have had they not pushed the NWO so hard. Old easy narratives such as the common narrative on WW2 have been dispelled more in recent years than ever could have been. The irony is the more they talk about genocide and gas chambers the more the retold history get's questioned.

Quit following the news in favour of books and yes life, it's good advice. Yes the gyms here are closed but you (and me) have to try to adapt and look at the things we 'can do'

Peacock
Gold Member

You're wrong on many points about China, their leaders have very tightly restricted the use of social media by their youth, they have also clamped down on the more narcissistic content online.

Also, China has a tight censorship on film content that even extends to storylines: thugs are not allowed to win, corrupt cops or main protagonists should not be presented in a positive light, no degeneracy, and no homosexual sex.

It's basically the same moral code in America that was successfully imposed on Hollywood in the 1930s by the Catholic Church on Jewish-owned studios and theater chains, code which was broken in the late 1960s. China as well has been churning out a large number of hugely popular big production historical sagas that seek to instill pride in their culture and history, whereas in the West our heritage is systemically taken down, literally and figuratively, and replaced with an antichristian tribal cultural marxist dogma based on moral inversion.

It's pretty clear that China doesn't want its populace to be dumber and easier to control, they want them to be smarter, more upstanding nationalists.

One interesting case study here is the use of water fluoridation, which lowers the populace's IQ and numbs them down. In the US and most of the Five Eyes countries, fluoride is added to the drinking water, whereas in China not only do they not add fluoride to their drinking water, but they actively take it out. Chinese scientific studies have concluded that fluoride damages the brains of children, lowering their IQ, while in America most studies will "debunk" that, the CDC states that fluoride is one of the 10 greatest achievements of medical science and the US "scientific consensus" says that fluoride is safe and effective... I think this is quite telling.

Last edited:

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Is it really Western Culture though? I used to think it was "western cancer" but its a poison drip from the parasitic "elite".

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Yep, it is hard to avoid even if you want to. Every time you have to wear a mask, you are forced to confront it. Avoiding news (especially MSM) and TV definitely is a good idea but the problem is that things are unstable now and you worry about your job being in jeopardy or not being able to travel due to ever changing rules.

I agree with many here that the best course of action is circling your wagons. Build a network of friends and family you can trust if possible. Move to an area with like-minded folks. Learn to be more independent and learn skills like farming, fishing, hunting, mechanics, etc... I would even suggest small groups where people teach each other skills, set up community tool chests (where people can rent tools they rarely use for a small fee), and form community schools which happened in past cooperative communities.

You do see that Chinese communities were better at forming community groups even vs. many other Asian groups. This is a huge reason (along with a better work ethic) they often exceeded natives in countries like Malaysia, The Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia. However, I would say make the groups value based and not race based. There are some blacks and Hispanics that also have traditional values and should be welcomed in the groups.

We are in a cultural revolution and lines are being drawn based on values (to include religion) more than race. White liberals assume blacks are always liberal, but the moment they find out a black person is conservative, they throw him/her under the bus as well. Look how much they hate Larry elder or Clarence Thomas.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
You're wrong on many points about China, their leaders have very tightly restricted the use of social media by their youth, they have also clamped down on the more narcissistic content online.

Also, China has a tight censorship on film content that even extends to storylines: thugs are not allowed to win, corrupt cops or main protagonists should not be presented in a positive light, no degeneracy, and no homosexual sex.

It's basically the same moral code in America that was successfully imposed on Hollywood in the 1930s by the Catholic Church on Jewish-owned studios and theater chains, code which was broken in the late 1960s. China as well has been churning out a large number of hugely popular big production historical sagas that seek to instill pride in their culture and history, whereas in the West our heritage is systemically taken down, literally and figuratively, and replaced with an antichristian tribal cultural marxist dogma based on moral inversion.

It's pretty clear that China doesn't want its populace to be dumber and easier to control, they want them to be smarter, more upstanding nationalists.

One interesting case study here is the use of water fluoridation, which lowers the populace's IQ and numbs them down. In the US and most of the Five Eyes countries, fluoride is added to the drinking water, whereas in China not only do they not add fluoride to their drinking water, but they actively take it out. Chinese scientific studies have concluded that fluoride damages the brains of children, lowering their IQ, while in America most studies will "debunk" that, the CDC states that fluoride is one of the 10 greatest achievements of medical science and the US "scientific consensus" says that fluoride is safe and effective... I think this is quite telling.

I was thinking of young people 18-20 being addicted. I imagine younger than 18, parents could set rules for smart phone usage. I dislike getting the govt. involved. Why can't parents just set rules and not buy smartphones for their kids? People could also have more self-disciplined and not get so addicted to smart phones.

I know about the Hays Code and I know this resulted in higher-quality movies. However, I think tough censorship is wrong because I am a big believer in freedom of speech (although I think censorship of actual fornication and homosexual relations should be considered). A country where people actively choose to be degenerate is not worth saving anyways. I think it is OK to have propaganda discouraging bad behaviors (as China likes to do) but movie studios should have the right to create degenerate movies. Society just needs to stop buying tickets for such movies.

Making everybody have an ID to get a phone card or use the internet is creepy and totalitarian. This allows the government to monitor everything you do and say. Do we want to force people to behave and then live in a totalitarian society as China has or do we want to have a society where people learn to be moral from a young age and actually WANT to be decent people?

I do believe the government has a duty to set a good example and instill national pride (such as teaching civic values in school), encouraging good behavior with propaganda, creating statues (without spending a ridiculous amount of money) or good people, and enforcing immigration rules to ensure the borders are not being breached by gangsters and terrorists. China is doing these things better than the USA but they go too far in restricting basic freedoms.

Athanasius

Pelican
Protestant
Japan has never gotten to enjoy the crime and other social dysfunction that blacks bring in aggregate. Judging by the comments I see on sites like Breitbart, conservative whites are finally waking up to the reality of black crime. It used to be that when you saw a shooting, it was comments about Democrats. Now, it's comments like "oh oh, must be 'teens' again."

Ethnic ties evaporated once German and other immigrants adopted English. The automobile and airplane meant that people no longer lived close to each other. Then you had no-fault divorce and encouragement of birth control. These have taken a toll on the "nation" and people's sense of identity, the nation being an extension of family. And it's just been an endless barrage of propaganda directed against whites. It's a war on noticing. The most effective myth, much more so than the "blessings of diversity," is that of "colorblindness," a temporary propaganda tactic from 60 years ago (when the white population was too large to be assailed as it is right now) that has long been abandoned by our enemies. "Colorblindness" is still handcuffing naive people who can't understand the play being run on them over and over again. They point to the 10% who agree with them and disregard the masses and the oligarchs eager to disempower them and turn them into 2nd-class citizens. For a good example of this naivete, see this video and comments.

People need to more thoughtful about what's going on (Matt 10:16) and the realities of how men are, but I don't think most will wake up until the oppression gets more intense.

Last edited:

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
Yep, it is hard to avoid even if you want to. Every time you have to wear a mask, you are forced to confront it. Avoiding news (especially MSM) and TV definitely is a good idea but the problem is that things are unstable now and you worry about your job being in jeopardy or not being able to travel due to ever changing rules.

I agree with many here that the best course of action is circling your wagons. Build a network of friends and family you can trust if possible. Move to an area with like-minded folks. Learn to be more independent and learn skills like farming, fishing, hunting, mechanics, etc... I would even suggest small groups where people teach each other skills, set up community tool chests (where people can rent tools they rarely use for a small fee), and form community schools which happened in past cooperative communities.

You do see that Chinese communities were better at forming community groups even vs. many other Asian groups. This is a huge reason (along with a better work ethic) they often exceeded natives in countries like Malaysia, The Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia. However, I would say make the groups value based and not race based. There are some blacks and Hispanics that also have traditional values and should be welcomed in the groups.

We are in a cultural revolution and lines are being drawn based on values (to include religion) more than race. White liberals assume blacks are always liberal, but the moment they find out a black person is conservative, they throw him/her under the bus as well. Look how much they hate Larry elder or Clarence Thomas.
I again strongly agree with your points. I find it really difficult to make friends or meet a woman but Chinese expats have to start from scratch and form new social networks so it makes things easier for them. Here people mostly hang out with one or two lifelong friends or their own immediate family. Too bad us like-minded folks were spread out over half the planet :).

I also agree on not being racially exclusive. While western culture is majority European there are many East Asian and Indians and in the USA African Americans who are strong allies. Many second and third generation folks have no loyalty to their historic homelands. I have found this especially with Hong Kong Canadians.

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
The USA deliberately wants to hurt its majority group which is weird.
This isn't really accurate. It's only white men that they wish to hurt at this point. Not white women....Just yet, but it's coming.

White women are still useful to them, as the majority of them will vilify white men if it's socially acceptable to do so. A lot of them will gleefully do that.

I have always laughed at the new acronym "BIPOC" (Black, Indigenous People Of Colour) . It sounds ridiculous. They are always coming up with new words and acronyms. This one is particularly funny to me. They could have called themselves "ABC people" (Anybody But Caucasian), but they want to maintain the facade that they are inclusive, when they are anything but that.