"Empire" star hospitalized in alleged hate crime

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
saner said:
Also, if I understand Double Jeopardy properly, with no trial the Chicago PD could simply charge him all aver again and force the DA to have to drop the charges AGAIN, now that the world is paying close attention.

It's the DA that would have to bring the charges.

Federal charges are the best bet as that would fall to DOJ

Someone should start a Change.org petition to "End preferential treatment for the political elite: Bring Jussie to Justice" ...(Im sure the RVF braintrust can come up with something catchy and effective )

saner

Sparrow
PapayaTapper said:
It's the DA that would have to bring the charges.

Thanks.

Maybe the PD could have a news conference where they officially request new charges be brought by the DA then. They are apparently consulting legal about what they can publicize regarding the case. Making a big public deal about how they have recommended new charges based on the evidence they possess might work.

Might not work but it would certainly put some heat on the DAs office and make if very obvious what is being done.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Trump pulling strings to fuck this man-pussy is not going to happen.

It's a net loss politically. It would galvanize blue state liberals in their rhetoric about him being a tyrant and do little on the other end of the spectrum to shore up the conservative vote, conservatives being the biggest pussies of them all.

From Trump's perspective he's better off letting the blue Chicago goons bleed their credibility on this for as long as possible.

Jetset

Ostrich
Sidney Crosby said:
Could this not be brought up again once there is a new DA? Whenever that will be.

In theory, at least, there's a written deferred prosecution deal - although Smollett's attorneys seem to claim there is not. The state's attorney's office would likely honor that deal assuming it's been signed off on by a judge.

Federal charges over the "white powder" hoax will be the most likely facet to keep this alive. I've seen cases where the Postal Inspectors, specifically, refused to let a local court softball something and went in extra deep at the federal level just to make a point. Chicago police detectives have, in the past, complained about going to sleep at night and waking up in the morning to find out that the USPIS had already shown up with a small army and gone door-to-door in their jurisdiction overnight and interviewed all their potential witnesses as well as the mail carriers, and even planted investigators on the morning mail routes doing surveillance, before CPD had even gotten their act together to start collecting names.

With the terrorism link and federal-level political incentive to make Illinois Democrats look bad, I wouldn't be surprised if they're planning to utterly wreck Smollett. They know people are pissed about this and it will make their agency look like the Untouchables.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Other Christian
Gold Member
That interview with Smollet at the 1 minute mark...... maaaaaan I tend not to wish ill will on people, but I certainly make a exception for this dude.

CaptainS

Hummingbird
Imagine what Chicago would look like today if what happened to Jussie was real and the 2 white MAGA dudes got off with no consequences. That town would be in complete meltdown.

Are white people allowed to start looting yet?

Sherman

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
What gets me about Smollett is his shamelessness. If a normal person did what he did and got caught, he would crawl under a rock. But Smollett just repeats the lie and doubles down. You have to be a psychopath to be like this. He has no conscience to bother him. He could rub you out with a bullet and wouldn't feel a thing. It is the same was Avenatti. In my opinion, the SJW movement is attracting a lot of criminal types, because it gives them cover for their crimes and real power in the Democratic Party. Even Rahm, the mayor of corrupt Chicago, is declaring fowl. It has to be really bad for that. Smollett must have had some very powerful people getting him off the hook. The scum are rising to the top in America.

saner

Sparrow
PapayaTapper said:
The cops ought to arrest the brothers and make them sing. That would stir the shit up but good

Somebody there in CPD is really pissed. They released their case files (that the judge sealed) in response to local Tv stations FOIA request

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/27/chicago-police-release-jussie-smollett-case-files/

:popcorn2:

Looks like they dumped them before the judges seal would be legally in force.

Well played sirs.

Edit: How long until possession or viewing of the reports is illegal? Seems all the rage these days. Have Facebook and the rest banned them yet?

Jetset

Ostrich
See, a big part of me wants to mail him a Yucateco hot sauce bottle filled with white powder.

However, I will not do that, because that would be a federal crime and I would get caught.

17123456.jpg

Peacock
Gold Member
Captainstabbin said:
Imagine what Chicago would look like today if what happened to Jussie was real and the 2 white MAGA dudes got off with no consequences. That town would be in complete meltdown.

Let's do it, Brooks Brothers, or Cabela's?

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Sherman said:
What gets me about Smollett is his shamelessness. If a normal person did what he did and got caught, he would crawl under a rock. But Smollett just repeats the lie and doubles down. You have to be a psychopath to be like this. He has no conscience to bother him. He could rub you out with a bullet and wouldn't feel a thing. It is the same was Avenatti. In my opinion, the SJW movement is attracting a lot of criminal types, because it gives them cover for their crimes and real power in the Democratic Party. Even Rahm, the mayor of corrupt Chicago, is declaring fowl. It has to be really bad for that. Smollett must have had some very powerful people getting him off the hook. The scum are rising to the top in America.

When you rub shoulders with a certain cadre of people.
You may begin to think you're special & 'protected'.

D2rSHJiWwAEHEEx.png

Although.
Jussie should ask Comey (lost & confused in the woods) just how easily such things can unravel...

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Look on the bright side: this whole fiasco has absolutely redpilled some normies and brought them out of the mainstream thought haze. There's no way it couldn't have. If he had been charged and jailed the media would have touted the "oppressed minority" narrative. I agree it is a massive disgusting perversion of justice but I hope it will help in the long run. The pressure just keeps increasing bit by bit. At any rate it's a great counter-argument for when some shitlib brings up "muh whyte privalidge"

Peacock
Gold Member
Sherman said:

Rahm is a POS hypocrite, pretending to complain about Smollett skating when he and his Chicago tribal deep state cabal could have had Smollett arrested. It's a disgusting charade, and he's def part of it.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
911 said:
Captainstabbin said:

Let's do it, Brooks Brothers, or Cabela's?

Gonna bust me up a Men's Wearhouse an' git me some muthafuckin' polo tops, dog, wid subtle branding an' muthafuckin' non confrontational color schemes, fo' rizzle.

Any popo try to stop me imma bust out ma Titleist an' go two under par on they ass.

Buck Wild

Kingfisher
FBI launches probe into Smollett deal, hoax letter

The FBI reportedly launched a probe Wednesday to get to the bottom of Chicago prosecutors’ secret deal to drop all charges against Jussie Smollett even though they insisted they had the evidence for a conviction.

The federal investigation kicked off one day after the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office abandoned its 16-count felony indictment against the “Empire” star with no warning and little explanation, reported Chicago ABC affiliate WLS-TV, citing law-enforcement sources.

Wow. And the investigation into the death threats letter is still ongoing.

The Feds do not fuck around with mail fraud---they are going to fuck him up, especially after he got off scot free in the city.

Trumpian

Banned
Yea if he was smart, Smolett would have confessed and had his chicago cronies give him a tap on the wrist. Now that local government has dropped the case, the Feds have free reign to bury him.