Empty Store Shelves...What’s Causing it and What’s Coming?

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Well it’s almost October. People aren’t panic buying anymore. Aside from relatively local riots, things seem quite stable (i.e. the stock market hasn’t crashed). Yet, store shelves are getting emptier and emptier. If you order online quite a few things have ridiculous delivery dates or are on back order.

It seems like there was an initial shock back in March/April, things somewhat caught up in the summer, but since then there’s been this gradual trend of things drying up. I’ve noticed this the most with large appliances recently, but have started to notice it with clothing also. Food doesn’t seem as badly affected yet. Curious what others are noticing around the country and the world.

Ammo and firearms are another example. I don’t completely buy the notion that your average consumer is buying it all up. I believe there are additional causes on the manufacturing end (more than just being “unable to keep up”) as well as who’s buying it up (DHS, DOD, etc).

So what’s going on? I recall some members who worked in fields dealing with supply chains talking about how messed up things were back in spring...tons of shipping containers just sitting around for example. Is this still going on? Figured things have stabilized by now...

Regardless, I can see plenty of reasons why the puppeteers would want to mess up the supply chains. Anyone seeing imminent ramifications from this?

Stats

Woodpecker
In canada all building supplies are now gone in my area. No one can build a home atm. I know the insurance on my cottage has gone up 30% this year after going up nearly that last year. They said its because building supplies got more expensive if they need to rebuild it.

In the US I know they banned ALL seed imports because of those mystery seeds being mailed from china. seems rather convenient. attack on food chain.

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
I worked with a guy who grew up in 1980's Soviet Union. Strange guy but he had interesting stories. His father was a biologist and they were permitted to live in Moscow. They got a visa to the US and applied for sanctuary when they arrived. He didn't elaborate but I imagine they must of had some useful information.

He talked about going to the stationary store and it having flour. Then going to the grocery store and it having shoes and boots.

Get ready, America.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Grand Solar Minimum, all the shit over the last few years is a cover and a distraction from it.

There's barely any solar wind now and every government has being told this in private for quite some time.

It really deserves a separate thread.
Covid is to get people used of standing in line and food rationing.

People can't believe its the other way from what has been told to them.
To lull them into new ways of surviving, but not thriving.
Tell them tomorrow and the world collapses in a pandemonium.

My 2 cents.

This is why everyone should be growing mushrooms in dank, dark places. They do not need sunlight, and are an ample food source in place of all the other GMO shit.

Here's an interesting website, there are many out there, about mushrooms and what you can grow them on:

https://namyco.org/growing_mushrooms_at_home.php

The top most potent mushrooms I know of for wellness and health can also be used as a food source:
Chaga - immune system support, wellness, and resistance to stress
Lion's Mane - concentration, focus, and memory booster (synapse repair)
Cordyceps - lung health, capacity, and endurance
Tremella - tendons, ligaments, and collagen support
Agarikus - incredible anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, painkiller

Here is a quick source glance at the medicinal mushrooms:
https://chaga101.com/10-medicinal-mushrooms/

Learning to cook with mushrooms will offset any world hunger, at least on local levels, if you can start growing huge batches.

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
Grand Solar Minimum, all the shit over the last few years is a cover and a distraction from it.

There's barely any solar wind now and every government has being told this in private for quite some time.

It really deserves a separate thread.
Covid is to get people used of standing in line and food rationing.

People can't believe its the other way from what has been told to them.
To lull them into new ways of surviving, but not thriving.
Tell them tomorrow and the world collapses in a pandemonium.

My 2 cents.
Do you have any recommendable reading/ video material on this subject?

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
Because so much uncertainty I recommend everyone stockpile as much food they plan to use as possible.

My wife and I are probably going to be at this current place the next 4 years before moving so I'm building up a multi-year supply here.

Some of the food I've bought: 100+ pounds of rice, good amount flour, sugar, salt, honey, yeast, baking soda, canned vegetables, canned soups, pastas, pasta sauces, canned fruits, and many other things. All things we eat anyways but just bought early and most last a really long time.

In addition I've stockpiled many household items we will need anyways just bought in large quantities, things like paper plates, foil, garbage bags, toothbrushes, etc..

The weird thing I noticed is many of the canned items I bought have an experation date of November 2021 or December 2021. It's weird because before I bought the same items years ago and the date was much further than a year out, often 2, 3, or 4 years out.

I'm still debating getting a freeze and stockpiling a year supply of meats but only if I get a good deal on a freezer.

If things get bad, we're prepared, if not, we just prepaid a little chunk of our food expenses and don't have to make so much grocery store trips.

General location?

We know this is coming because of the amount of production destroyed by lockdowns, but in my rural area shelves are still fully stocked.
I'm in a small city in the middle of a rural area, same situation here. The only real shortage is ammo. I was looking for some 45 acp at my local sporting goods store the other week and the clerk told me handgun ammo all gets sold pretty much the minute it hits the shelves. We're pretty safe up here, but we've got a sh*tlib metro area some distance away in the state on our southern border, so I wouldn't be surprised if people are coming up from there to stock up.

This is why everyone should be growing mushrooms in dank, dark places. They do not need sunlight, and are an ample food source in place of all the other GMO shit.

Here's an interesting website, there are many out there, about mushrooms and what you can grow them on:

The top most potent mushrooms I know of for wellness and health can also be used as a food source:

Learning to cook with mushrooms will offset any world hunger, at least on local levels, if you can start growing huge batches.
Just don't abuse this knowledge to cultivate the hallucinogenic kind.

BigTony

Robin
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Boy oh boy. It looks like Alex Jones was right all along. I still remember him telling people 12-14 years ago what the Elites were planning for us.
He told people back then to buy gold, silver and guns and to stock up on long term storable foods. I was wise enough to follow his advice.

He was also talking about things that NO ONE even touched. He was the first person I know of to mention the Hollywood pedo rings. He stopped short of naming names probably because he was close to some of these people. I still remember all of this and it is now coming to light in the mainstream media. He was called a fear monger, conspiracy theorist and a tin foil hat wearing kook. Guess what? The people that laughed at him are not laughing anymore. Most people with any common sense realize that something is wrong.

Alex also mentioned that the Elites were trying to turn America into a third world country. With Agenda 21/2030 already in motion, no one can deny that this is happening now. https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/

In terms of empty shelves, I don't know exactly how things will play out but I do believe that we may see a depression. I have warned my family and friends about this for years but they don't believe me. At the very minimum the Elites will reduce our access to food. Once they control the food, they can control the population. They want to destabilize and then depopulate America.

alex-jones.jpg

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
I'm friends with people in the supply chain world. They said there's disruptions but nothing too bad. I take what they say with a grain of salt since they are, after all, individuals in a huge machine.

I can confirm there's an aluminum shortage and rationing going on. Take that for what you will. Food hasn't been an issue where we are in a 3rd-tier metro. However, with the renewed calls for lock-down in the UK and EU, I told my wife to double-check and increase our 6 month food supply.

On ammo, one of my family members bought their first gun and will buy any ammo they find. They've probably brought me 10 boxes just by chance because they saw it. Imagine millions of people doing that.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
No shortages here in Vancouver, Canada. Ammo can run low, but its never empty shelves.

The Bolsheviks are at it again though, they blocked our main train line out of the city yesterday. Also there was a massive CN rail derailment at the end of the valley in the natural pinchpoint. It was a west bound train, full of potash (thankfully) on its way to China.

China is having a bad rice year, coupled with a bad pork cull from last year. China would rather let millions starve than ask the west for help, so who knows what to expect there. The floods are near impossible to get straight answers for.

Food shortages are the third piece to the revolution puzzle. We have the first two, so it will be interesting to see what these clowns have in store. My thoughts are that they blew their load too soon and will be left embarrassed and soiled.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
I am really enjoying the shortage personally. Rising food prices at big grocery stores have made it sensible for me to buy from local farmers, which have better quality stuff but are saying that they have zero trouble selling all they can grow these days. The dairy industry was getting kicked in the nuts for years but doesn't seem to be complaining now, which is also great.

I am in Wisconsin and there is definitely an ammo shortage here. 9mm, 45acp, 22lr, 556 are all a no go. 12 gauge is only target shooting shells. .308 is available.

Furniture is on major backorder it seems, but that seems like its an overseas thing...you can buy US made stuff without any problem.

So, to me, it seems like big retailers and china supplied stuff is hitting some shortage issues where I am, but I think that's great as it opens the door to local and US based sources again. Yes they cost more, but it seems to last longer and I am not overly price sensitive.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member

I know mushrooms are healthy and easy to grow, but don't they have basically zero calories?

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
Ammo is probably in shortage due to stock buying by people who prepare due to the riots.

As for food - farms and supply chains are being disrupted as ordered:

You would think that food production, farms, packing facilities would be essential businesses that would have to be run no matter what - like waste disposal, water supply and electricity. But no - somehow it was urgent to mass-test Tyson foods and farms while leaving the utilities alone. Why? They want to bankrupt farms and small suppliers, they want you to stop eating food and have you eating bugs and fake vegan protein. All of those will be toxic to your body as they recently found those foods to raise things like toxic homocystein as your body has to create creatine and other amino acids out of plants and bugs which it is not designed to do. Long term this will make humans sicker and they will die off faster.

And that is all. I would be however curious whether anyone sees empty shelves in the meat and food section anywhere in the US? I expect countries like the US or Australia to run out faster - not due to inability to feed itself, but due to severe covid measures that obviously have nothing to do with any disease.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Ammo is probably in shortage due to stock buying by people who prepare due to the riots.

As for food - farms and supply chains are being disrupted as ordered:

You would think that food production, farms, packing facilities would be essential businesses that would have to be run no matter what - like waste disposal, water supply and electricity. But no - somehow it was urgent to mass-test Tyson foods and farms while leaving the utilities alone. Why? They want to bankrupt farms and small suppliers, they want you to stop eating food and have you eating bugs and fake vegan protein. All of those will be toxic to your body as they recently found those foods to raise things like toxic homocystein as your body has to create creatine and other amino acids out of plants and bugs which it is not designed to do. Long term this will make humans sicker and they will die off faster.

And that is all. I would be however curious whether anyone sees empty shelves in the meat and food section anywhere in the US? I expect countries like the US or Australia to run out faster - not due to inability to feed itself, but due to severe covid measures that obviously have nothing to do with any disease.
Fully stocked shelves for food here in Wisconsin, sometimes the cleaning products sections are sparse.

bucky

Pelican
General location?

We know this is coming because of the amount of production destroyed by lockdowns, but in my rural area shelves are still fully stocked.
Fully stocked shelves for basically everything in my area, which I don't want to be specific about beyond saying that it's a larger very blue city west of the Mississippi. Ammo is the only exception. Ammo has been very hard to come by lately.

On the other hand, a friend of my wife's who lives in Las Vegas says they're seeing major shortages in the grocery stores there.

paninaro

Kingfisher
It's a mix of supply chain, economic uncertainty, and societal shift.

For clothing, they have to place orders 3-6 months in advance so there's time to have it made and shipped, as it goes by sea freight. Well, if you ran a large clothing retailer, what would you have done that many months ago? Unemployment claims were piling up at a rate of 1 million a week. Based on that, it would mean less demand for clothes. Then look at societal shifts -- if more people are working from home or doing school from home, that's less demand for workwear and school outfits.

In the case of white goods (large appliances), a lot of those are made in the US because it's not cost-effective to ship such big and heavy items from overseas, but factories in the US were idled or cut back. Once they ramp up again, that takes a while, and your capacity may be reduced if workers need to follow more safety and distancing protocols.

In the case of building materials, it's partly similar to white goods, but there's also increased demand due to societal shift. With people stuck working from home and cancelling vacations, they decided to spend money renovating their house. Up goes demand for builders and building supplies. I have a friend who builds swimming pools, and he got 10x the number of sales inquiries compared to a typical year.