Era's come and go

Towgunner

Woodpecker
Era's come and go. Matter of fact, the adage most commonly associated with era's is "end of an era".

What's happening in the United States right now and in the West is an era. It's unfortunately an undesirable era, but, era it is. And like all eras that came before, this era will not last.

Many might think this sjw era has just started. That is not true. I'd put the starting point around the time aggrieved studies departments were introduced, which was in the 1970s. American Renaissance recently did a video that tackled the whole 2+2 = muh feelings. Jared cited a "study" from the 1980s that discussed the colonization of mathematics and its recommendations to make math more "inclusive". Its as though this was written a day ago. This shows you these "ideas" or idea pathogens have been with us for a long time. Now, the dynamics of how it propagated etc is another story. Importantly, it establishes a timeline. Eras have longevity. Here we can observe this "era" has been around longer then we might appreciate. I think that matters. If this were 1976 then our situation vis-a-vi the ebbs and flow of eras would be different. But, in 2021 we can have the piece of mind that this era has lasted and, therefore, it can subside. Whether it does or not is left to be seen, but, we are not at the starting point of this.

I sense this era is coming to a close. That might seem outrageous given our current political climate, but, much of my growing conviction is because sjwism is now revealing its true intentions and endstate. I could have told you in the 1990s where feminism and homosexualism would lead us. Most people didn't see it, nor could we expect them too. Today that's not the case. Every time a freak cross dressing homosexual refers to a child as kinky another person is red pilled. Each time they cancel an innocuous cultural icon, like Dr. Suess, another person is red pilled. The leftist "world" is being revealed to us and as it is, I think normal people will be red pilled.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I agree that I don't expect the current craziness to last forever, or to just keep spiraling worse and worse.

The Weimar period in Germany ended. The 60's hippie movement ended. When I was a college kid in the early 80's, we all just wanted to get a degree that would let us make good money, so we could dress sharp, drive nice cars, and have nice houses. We had a mild approval of various hippy causes like welfare for the poor, or environmental protection, or anti- war, but nobody cared much about those things. Reagan was popular with college students. It was a 100% turn around from the way college students had acted and believed just 10-15 years before.

I expect the current insanity will ease a lot, and young adults in 10 years will be primarily focused on forming intact families, having children, and having a good job. I expect they will also be in favor of sensible environmental protection, and of having a good social safety net, but will not be rioting over radical policies like they do now.

I agree that I don't expect the current craziness to last forever, or to just keep spiraling worse and worse.

The Weimar period in Germany ended. The 60's hippie movement ended. When I was a college kid in the early 80's, we all just wanted to get a degree that would let us make good money, so we could dress sharp, drive nice cars, and have nice houses. We had a mild approval of various hippy causes like welfare for the poor, or environmental protection, or anti- war, but nobody cared much about those things. Reagan was popular with college students. It was a 100% turn around from the way college students had acted and believed just 10-15 years before.

I expect the current insanity will ease a lot, and young adults in 10 years will be primarily focused on forming intact families, having children, and having a good job. I expect they will also be in favor of sensible environmental protection, and of having a good social safety net, but will not be rioting over radical policies like they do now.
I think you are right on a lot of points. Once came across a college newspaper from the 1960's that was used for packaging material. It was from Arizona State University, surely not the most loony school back then. I skimmed through it and the SJW's these days have nothing on the nut job hippies we had back then. The prattle in the paper was laughable, and the hubris nauseating at the same time.

I think that kids pick up more of their values from their grandparents than most people realize. Most kids do not think much of their parents until they are somewhat older. But grandparents are special. Gen X had the WWII generation. Millennials had the hippies. The grandkids of Gen X will grow up hearing about how great Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher were, how great the music and movies were, how cheap college was, how easy it was to get a good job, and about how the US was on the top of the world until liberals from the early 1990's on sold them down the river, or sometimes pissed it away just because they could.

M'bare

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Yes indeed. The important thing will be for us to have our groups formed up and be ready to rebuild from the ashes. Be ready and have a plan to be leaders or at least in the leadership and fostering group. We're going to need to unfuck the minds of the youth, take back education and create a whole swath of people in virtues, Christian values, philosophy and history.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I sense this era is coming to a close. That might seem outrageous given our current political climate, but, much of my growing conviction is because sjwism is now revealing its true intentions and endstate. I could have told you in the 1990s where feminism and homosexualism would lead us. Most people didn't see it, nor could we expect them too. Today that's not the case. Every time a freak cross dressing homosexual refers to a child as kinky another person is red pilled. Each time they cancel an innocuous cultural icon, like Dr. Suess, another person is red pilled. The leftist "world" is being revealed to us and as it is, I think normal people will be red pilled.
I agree fully, if something can't go on forever, it won't. The unknown is just how violent the transition will be and how quickly or slowly there will be a rebound into something better.

The cold war which went on for decades and threatened nuclear war but managed to end rather peacefully.

kazz

Kingfisher
I have thought this as well, actually when I spend to much time watching the ah "news" if you can call it that nowdays. Im getting all pissed of but realize that this is a stage, a crazy one, that is more like a fashion for clueless young people, its enabled by the internet where a minority of very loud crazy people are pushing their propaganda.

I doubt it will end organically. This era is unlike any of the preceding ones. It got the full backing of every western government and by all corporations especially big tech. Google search and social media is already filtered and censored. That's all you need to control the masses. Also, previous eras didn't have females being independent financially and overpowered like now. As we know the female brain is highly susceptible to brainwashing more likely to be for the alien agenda. You really cannot end this era without defeating them.

There is a fabulous five page essay in the February edition of New Polity titled "The Weakness of the World" by Andrew Jones that address this issue.

His contention is that the 19th century was that of the industrial revolution. And that in that era ...the machines came to dominate economics as ideologies came to dominate thought. ideologies are mechanical thought-worlds that imagine human dominance over reality; they then attempt to force the natural world to fit into their molds of fact, This way of thinking and acting resulted in the shocking violence of the 20th century, as men attempted to conquer nature, including human nature. These attempts failed because the real world always ultimately escapes man's total dominion.
The Digital Revolution is a different, more ambitious attempt at the same sort of project. Here, man is building a virtual world, a world where he is the sole creator. In this world things do not have natures through which they participate in the ideas of God, but are rather, merely, the ideas of men. It is a perfectly nominalist world...the logic of human sovereignty can be totalized because there is nothing pre-given, nothing resisting the virtual world's closed "order" that descends from man.

He goes on to recount that the digital masters lure people in with convenience, and once there, censor and control and mold.
This is why the move to the virtual is both the most ambitious and the most foolish bid yet made for unmitigated human power. The domination that it advances is the most complete yet devised, and yet it is the least real. People can just turn away, just look at each other and the world around them, just free themselves of the most unreal of idolatrous systems.

I think this is maybe the best analysis of where we came from and where we are going that I have seen. So the era spawned by the industrial revolution has given way to the digital revolution. The digital revolution can be ended if people just put down their damn phones. What is next is up to us, and the writer does suggest what could be next.

Their website does not have the article posted, but maybe they will post it in the next month or so. The price of a subscription is kind of steep, but they do sell single issues.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
There is a fabulous five page essay in the February edition of New Polity titled "The Weakness of the World" by Andrew Jones that address this issue.

His contention is that the 19th century was that of the industrial revolution. And that in that era ...the machines came to dominate economics as ideologies came to dominate thought. ideologies are mechanical thought-worlds that imagine human dominance over reality; they then attempt to force the natural world to fit into their molds of fact, This way of thinking and acting resulted in the shocking violence of the 20th century, as men attempted to conquer nature, including human nature. These attempts failed because the real world always ultimately escapes man's total dominion.
The Digital Revolution is a different, more ambitious attempt at the same sort of project. Here, man is building a virtual world, a world where he is the sole creator. In this world things do not have natures through which they participate in the ideas of God, but are rather, merely, the ideas of men. It is a perfectly nominalist world...the logic of human sovereignty can be totalized because there is nothing pre-given, nothing resisting the virtual world's closed "order" that descends from man.

He goes on to recount that the digital masters lure people in with convenience, and once there, censor and control and mold.
This is why the move to the virtual is both the most ambitious and the most foolish bid yet made for unmitigated human power. The domination that it advances is the most complete yet devised, and yet it is the least real. People can just turn away, just look at each other and the world around them, just free themselves of the most unreal of idolatrous systems.

I think this is maybe the best analysis of where we came from and where we are going that I have seen. So the era spawned by the industrial revolution has given way to the digital revolution. The digital revolution can be ended if people just put down their damn phones. What is next is up to us, and the writer does suggest what could be next.

Their website does not have the article posted, but maybe they will post it in the next month or so. The price of a subscription is kind of steep, but they do sell single issues.

Very interesting. If you don't mind, I'd like to expound. I definitely agree with this article and it makes me shutter to conceptualize the amount of power these "technologists" have today. Edward Snowden recently did a video that was particularly chilling and addressed these topics in many ways. On the other hand, we can not only walk away from it just by putting our hand down and the phone in our pocket, but, censorship notwithstanding, we do have the ability to filter out what comes into our digital transom. What the new masters of the digital universe also did was to enable every individual to custom filter their digital feed. This is significant. In other words, be it our social media feed, online streaming entertainment to include shows, movies and music and, importantly, our news and anything else I forgot can be customized by the individual. This makes for a hyper decentralized flow of information, further bolstered by the proliferation of user created content.

I feel like letting the normies and the liberal tech tycoons have the digital sphere. If that means they'll merge with computers and, therefore, immerse themselves into a digital experience then all the better. Because on that vector I see things going towards the movie "Inception", where people connect digitally to another reality. Less people at the park, less people at the picturesque town square and less liberal people. What's not to like. Kind of like with the tech giants space aspirations. Nothing would please me more then having jeff bezos, bill gates and all the rest make the journey to colonize Mars - just be sure to stay there.

But, then you have the hope for a decentralized web. The GOP must adopt a free web position, that's a winning ticket all the way. A hyper decentralized information system is a Godsend to an optimally free society. In many respects prior to the mass censorship we had these conditions. Remember that the 2016 election was won in no small part due to our side's ability to meme-out the other. Truth is hard to conceal, if not impossible, under these conditions. If you want to control people you need a centralized information system. If you want people to be free you want a decentralized information system. Censorship was a reaction from this decentralized condition and its effects. But, it was also desperation.

For the moment the big tech giants rule because of their distribution channels and market share. Its like inertia. But, tech innovates rapidly and market share can evaporate rapidly in this space. Naturally our ever moral tech overlords are busy at work trying to keep this from happening and they're succeeding. But, just past the horizon are alternatives i.e. Gab, BitChute, Parlor. Torba's plan to create a Christian digital sphere is spot-on and its very possible and, in my opinion, it will happen. For no other reason then thermodynamics. There's not much demand for wokism within the conservative community, for that matter, the entire community. Therefore there is pent-up demand for the things that are not available. And the more they censor the more demand is created.

I understand this is all left to be seen, but, we're just getting started with this. We're on a razors edge, humanity can go one way or another.

Batman_

Kingfisher
I agree with most of what's been said in this thread, however our modern technology is a critical aspect to consider. Big tech has turned the much of the online platforms, (google, youtube, reddit, twitter, news feeds, etc) into nothing more than echo chambers, where you're only exposed to ideas similar to your own. It goes without saying this causes insane levels of confirmation bias...I see it everywhere, including this forum.

I don't think we still quite understand the impact the internet and smartphones has had, and will continue to have, on our cultural landscape.

Last edited:

kel

Ostrich
Sure, all things end, but there's no reason for someone to believe it'll end on his schedule. Don't fall for the belief that you are the protagonist in the story of the universe and that this will all wrap itself up "and they lived happily ever after". The ground is full of piles of bones that used to belong to men tougher than me or anyone else on this forum and no one even knows what their names were.

Era's come and go. Matter of fact, the adage most commonly associated with era's is "end of an era".

What's happening in the United States right now and in the West is an era. It's unfortunately an undesirable era, but, era it is. And like all eras that came before, this era will not last.

Many might think this sjw era has just started. That is not true. I'd put the starting point around the time aggrieved studies departments were introduced, which was in the 1970s. American Renaissance recently did a video that tackled the whole 2+2 = muh feelings. Jared cited a "study" from the 1980s that discussed the colonization of mathematics and its recommendations to make math more "inclusive". Its as though this was written a day ago. This shows you these "ideas" or idea pathogens have been with us for a long time. Now, the dynamics of how it propagated etc is another story. Importantly, it establishes a timeline. Eras have longevity. Here we can observe this "era" has been around longer then we might appreciate. I think that matters. If this were 1976 then our situation vis-a-vi the ebbs and flow of eras would be different. But, in 2021 we can have the piece of mind that this era has lasted and, therefore, it can subside. Whether it does or not is left to be seen, but, we are not at the starting point of this.

Well to be honest I think we've ended an era, that is the preview to what's really coming and was planned for all along, namelijk the total global dictatorship that we see unfolding now. All the sjw bs was just to make us weak, immoral, confused and so on, make us fight each other. It was to soften the meat so they can cut it now fiercely. Remember the same people who push the sjw are the same people who push climate change hoax, corona virus lockdowns, medical terror, vaccine passports. It's all connected, it's a web of top-down influence that directs this all. So I am happy that you think normal people will be red pilled but as a matter of fact looking outside I see the insanity acceleration at a huge pace and people running after it more and more intensely instead of the opposite