Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Tippy

Woodpecker
Do you speak any of the local (Balkan) languages? I’d love to settle there but language is a big issue. The languages are very difficult with little utility outside the region and I wonder if it’s possible to truly assimilate without being fluent.
No, I.do not speak the language though I would start learning more seriously if I moved there.

Easy_C

Peacock
Another thing to consider is when things get bad globally, do you really want to be a foreigner in a far-away land? White foreigners usually signal some level wealth (at least, relative to locals) and I've worried about being an even larger target.
It depends on where. Plenty of foreigners were just fine in Switzerland during World War 2 including some rather famous examples.

The key is going to be identifying where that is today. It’s probably not still Switzerland because they’re still full COVID and have de-facto repealed their banking secrecy by agreeing to data sharing. I’d look for a similar neutral space with heavy elite investment.

Tippy

Woodpecker
It depends on where. Plenty of foreigners were just fine in Switzerland during World War 2 including some rather famous examples.

The key is going to be identifying where that is today. It’s probably not still Switzerland because they’re still full COVID and have de-facto repealed their banking secrecy by agreeing to data sharing. I’d look for a similar neutral space with heavy elite investment.
Wait...why is elite investment good ? Are we not running from elites?

The big question with current free zones is...how long will they remain so?

That is unknowable. You might just be delaying the inevitable by moving.

Switzerland is too small and weak to offer any real deterrent. They are already certainly a hot bed of western spy nets due to the amount of powerful people with ties there. If the government doesn’t give in anyway, western powers could still operate their with impunity. I’m biased, but red, rural US states may be the best option, as when shit hits the fan their population will most likely be willing to stand up for themselves. I can’t think of any other country with enough gun nuts and libertarian mentality.

Easy_C

Peacock
What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about a “deterrent”. It was not in any way shape or form a huge Military deterrent in World War 2 or 1 either. It was just a safe haven nobody wanted to mess with Because they were all using it.

And “Libertarian Mentality” is not a good thing. That philosophy is primed on letting people do their own thing and NOT standing up for yourself. Look how well that worked out for Colorado.

Easy_C

Peacock
Working on it. Plan A is I'm working part time for an entity where I have a "join full time" option once they have revenue and it is substantial enough an opportunity to where I could afford some of the investment residencies even at the current inflated prices. (expected timeframe here is about 3 months).

I'm also working on other job hunting as a backup. My "drop everything and go now" signal is any kind of effective rifle confiscation efforts.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Working on it. Plan A is I'm working part time for an entity where I have a "join full time" option once they have revenue and it is substantial enough an opportunity to where I could afford some of the investment residencies even at the current inflated prices. (expected timeframe here is about 3 months).

I'm also working on other job hunting as a backup. My "drop everything and go now" signal is any kind of effective rifle confiscation efforts.
Ah so you are on the states? That is so much better than Western Europe right now. Lots of covid free zones there.

Dude...why? The US has lots of freedom options.

You are right. If power cuts, food shortages or mass deaths become a thing I could end up in a difficult situation abroad.
It's all about options but for similar reasons as you outlined somewhere earlier. 2nd/3rd passports provide even more options.

Related to that, American women suck...however I haven't spent much time in red states so I'm hoping my experience shifts (from what I'm told, it will change for the better). I've traveled abroad a few times and enjoyed Central European women the most, plus the cost of living, history, architecture, wider range of black market solutions.

I think Western, White, 1st world countries are the main targets of the NWO. I speak half-decently in a couple foreign languages and want options for the future.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
What's the best way to not totally abandon a link with the US, for family (parents) or practicality reasons ... yet arbitrage the better environmet that is desired? Scope out the place you want to be and then try to live their 5-6 months of the year? Get to a closer location and come in for weeks at a time? A friend of mine was saying recently that Guam would be the perfect base if you wanted to go to East Asia, and still pull off the American commonwealth connection. The sad thing is that there isn't an island like that in the Atlantic that would make travel to Eastern Europe a lot easier for those of us who may need to maintain a link with the US. Puerto Rico would be the closest thing to that and it has proven itself to be a covid police state among other things not elevating it to a reasonable status for longer term living.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Giving up entirely is always a good option.
I guess this is also black and white thinking

If you stay and form communities with like minded people to help you out when things escalate, that is not 'giving up.'

If you leave and end up isolated/stranded for whatever reason, you HAVE taken action and 'escaped' but it has failed.

It can go a myriad of different ways regardless of what you choose.

Easy_C

Peacock
What's the best way to not totally abandon a link with the US, for family (parents) or practicality reasons ... yet arbitrage the better environmet that is desired? Scope out the place you want to be and then try to live their 5-6 months of the year? Get to a closer location and come in for weeks at a time? A friend of mine was saying recently that Guam would be the perfect base if you wanted to go to East Asia, and still pull off the American commonwealth connection. The sad thing is that there isn't an island like that in the Atlantic that would make travel to Eastern Europe a lot easier for those of us who may need to maintain a link with the US. Puerto Rico would be the closest thing to that and it has proven itself to be a covid police state among other things not elevating it to a reasonable status for longer term living.

Get a residency visa. There's a good number of Remote work Visas available globally

hkhathaj

Woodpecker
Any boots on the ground in Slovakia? They have a 33% vaccination rate (probably less in the read world), with the vaccination curve starting to flatten.
I know a few people who live in Slovakia. According to their stories it is the same madness as everywhere else. Probably they lie less vaccine or their logistics was not useful. But on the long run they will arrive to the same percentage as everywhere else.

One guy living and working in Slovakia told me that at work their boss told them that he will fire everyone who does not get vaxxed. They are about 10% who still did not vax and they count on being fired any time. And this is not the capital but a town with mostly low-class people.

I would also be interested in first-hand information though.

Easy_C

Peacock
Seconded curiosity.

Cancun residence + Florida is interesting as a "straddle" strategy as anyone with a larger income could relatively easily use boating to hop from one location to the other if you need to.

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
I recently landed in Cancun, I don't have much to say for the moment, it's been only one day, but so far I have been able to take the taxi and hostel without mask. the staff in the hostel don't wear masks.
I'll give you more info in a week or two, once I get to see how it is ;)
Please keep us posted! Maybe an old fashioned data sheet once you've had some time there!