Escape From 'The New Normal'?

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
As we're now in treble figures of pages on this thread, Id be interested to know what people have actually achieved in actioning any of the subject matter?

Feels a bit like paralysis by analysis, or just endless window-shopping of potential shangrilas, as things stand.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
How about Ecuador? As permanent resettlement.
You could contact Tristan Haggard (primal edge health) about this for he lives at a homestead in Ecuador. He talks about it in his streams, last thing he said was that it's not too good there, talk about vaccine mandate to enter shop etc. South America as a whole seem to be suffering under heavy measures, including mask wearing outside.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Been here for 14 months. What do you want to know?

I'm looking at buying a small-ish farm.

Mainly enquiring about:

COVID madness, how bad is it? Are passports and other stuff discussed there? (mandatory vaxxes) Hard to find this info online from Australia (our internet is throttled). I know many people there wear masks in the cities, how is the country side?

I know Ecuador is relatively safe crime-wise (I'm looking at the mountain areas) so that doesn't worry me.

Just general life, how has it been for you?

Thanks

Dilated

Woodpecker
I'm looking at buying a small-ish farm.

Mainly enquiring about:

COVID madness, how bad is it? Are passports and other stuff discussed there? (mandatory vaxxes) Hard to find this info online from Australia (our internet is throttled). I know many people there wear masks in the cities, how is the country side?

I know Ecuador is relatively safe crime-wise (I'm looking at the mountain areas) so that doesn't worry me.

Just general life, how has it been for you?

Thanks

Good call on a farm in the country- it’s stunningly beautiful. I have plans for the same. Land is pretty cheap too- I’ve seen land for $5,000 USD/hectare. If you want to be in the Sierra (at elevation) check out land near Cayambe/Cotopaxi/Papallacta/Cotacachi.

Covid madness is in full effect here- people are obedient and follow the rules. It’s rather amazing- I see nobody challenging the mask rules. Vax passport discussion heating up and it’s already required in places in Guayaquil and Azogues, among other places. Not yet Quito.

Life is pretty calm here…sterile almost. Doesn’t have the flair of a Colombia, for example. Food isn’t great- Ecuadorians have no idea about healthy macros. Big problem with starchy carbs.

Value (cost vs. wages) is poor- probably the worst of the 50 countries I’ve been to. Thank the US dollar for that. And import taxes. But, you get a more stable currency.

Get yourself 10+ hectares en el campo and build a colonial house. Get a diesel Hilux and a moto. And you’re set. You’d have a pretty good life and nobody would bother you.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Good call on a farm in the country- it’s stunningly beautiful. I have plans for the same. Land is pretty cheap too- I’ve seen land for $5,000 USD/hectare. If you want to be in the Sierra (at elevation) check out land near Cayambe/Cotopaxi/Papallacta/Cotacachi.

Covid madness is in full effect here- people are obedient and follow the rules. It’s rather amazing- I see nobody challenging the mask rules. Vax passport discussion heating up and it’s already required in places in Guayaquil and Azogues, among other places. Not yet Quito.

Life is pretty calm here…sterile almost. Doesn’t have the flair of a Colombia, for example. Food isn’t great- Ecuadorians have no idea about healthy macros. Big problem with starchy carbs.

Value (cost vs. wages) is poor- probably the worst of the 50 countries I’ve been to. Thank the US dollar for that. And import taxes. But, you get a more stable currency.

Get yourself 10+ hectares en el campo and build a colonial house. Get a diesel Hilux and a moto. And you’re set. You’d have a pretty good life and nobody would bother you.

Well that's exactly what I (my family) was looking for, thanks for the reply. I'm surprised about the convid madness but it seems everyone is falling for it no matter where you go.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Well that's exactly what I (my family) was looking for, thanks for the reply. I'm surprised about the convid madness but it seems everyone is falling for it no matter where you go.

Yeah it’s comical at this point. A little more relaxed in the countryside (they don’t temperature check in stores) but still families driving fully masked with windows down in cars. Clown world.

I have a house in the States and split time between US and Ecuador. Keep us posted on your journey.

Goni

Woodpecker
So, here are some information on Cancun:

Most people are masked, even outside. Cops saw me a few times maskless on the streets and didn’t care at all. I’ve been able to enter a few small stores (money exchange, cellphone store…) without mask and no issue. Same for taxis and taking a bus.

No masks in my hostel, no social distancing or anything weird, except one staff member who was sometimes wearing a mask.

Big stores like chedraui or bus stations like ADO want to take your temperatures before you enter, tho if you walk a bit fast and say no thanks, you might pass without that. But to do groceries on a regular basis, it’s not really evident.

I wouldn’t recommend Cancun, although it is much better than France, I’m sure there are better options.

Now I’m in San Cristobal De Las Casas, in the state of Chiapas. Here about 40-60% people use masks outside.

Most small stores in the downtown don’t require masks, and the owners don’t wear them neither. But most supermarkets, even the small ones ask for it, tho I’ve been able to force my way into a few times.

I’ve been to the artisanal market with friends, all of us without mask, and many if not most vendors didn’t wear masks.

I also saw a dude maskless in the UPS office too, he had no issue with the staff apparently. I see a lot of people with no masks in buses (the small white “combis”.)
Saw a few cops with no masks.
Some restaurants let you enter with an human face, some don’t, some even want to take your temperature.
I’ve entered 4 different hostels (I was a bit struggling to find a free room, there are many tourists in summer), in only one of them the staff was masked.

Overall, I’d say 50% of stores enforce masks. I’ll go to the gym soon and see how it goes there, in a few days.

It seems most people in my hostel are strongly against covid hysteria and fascisim.
The city is nice and cheap, nice people.

Most people are not vaccinated, their vaccination campaign is still only targeting people from 50 to 59 years. I’ve heard that they’re strugling to find candidates, so much that they run weird schemes such as accepting to vaccinate a young person, if this person brings them 2 older ones (like a referal marketing scheme).

I’ve heard about the possibility of getting a real fake vax certificate, with your name officialy registered in the vaxxed registery (I didn’t inquire much about it.)
Many cities around are strongly against vaccination.

In one village there even was a municipal decree forbidding its inhabitant to get the vax. I’ve also read about clinics being burned and nurses beaten.

I’m pretty sure you can live your life without using masks here, tho you’d be barred entry on some places.
Chiapas has the least amount of restrictions, and the lowest amount of covid "cases" of all Mexican states.
I do recommend this place, anyone coming from the EU will feel much more free. Maybe Florida or Albania are better, I don't know.
Right now Montenegro stated that it will require vaccines or negative tests for the local citizens to enter hotel facilities.

Not for the tourists though. Pure discrimination IMO.

Albania has restrictions besides the fact that things get closed by 12 pm officially.

Croatia as far as I know has very relaxed restrictions too but it is a EU country.

zamfir112

Woodpecker
Yeah it’s comical at this point. A little more relaxed in the countryside (they don’t temperature check in stores) but still families driving fully masked with windows down in cars. Clown world.

I have a house in the States and split time between US and Ecuador. Keep us posted on your journey.
Phillippines is really the worst place you can be. Endless Lockdowns. Faceshield and facemasks.domestic flights requires tests and quarantines. Checkpoints. Vaxx certificate to follow. Almost everyone is pro vaxx too. Pretty terrible for a 'christian' country..

That's as unchristian as you can get.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Phillippines is really the worst place you can be. Endless Lockdowns. Faceshield and facemasks.domestic flights requires tests and quarantines. Checkpoints. Vaxx certificate to follow. Almost everyone is pro vaxx too. Pretty terrible for a 'christian' country..

Disappointed in the Philippines. Australia seems bad too.

Acerza89

Pigeon
Orthodox Inquirer
What about going Bulgaria? any one lviing there? I am from the UK, outside of london

If anyone has got 12 years to spare, you can get free land in the uk

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Australia, Canada, and UK seem to be the worst out of anywhere in the world. In Australia the police been both unquestioning and brutal in enforcing lockdown orders.

Not sure you can say the UK is the worst, as i understand there's no mask mandate currently inside or out. You're "recommended" to wear masks, no legal obligation.

That said, the coming years for sure the place will be fully Great Resetted.

My advice is people get as far off the beaten track (eg far from the main centres of economic influence in the West) as they can. Yes, the changes will likely come to all nations, but with varying levels of voracity & competence.

Western Europe & the Anglosphere will be the eye of the storm.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
I have friends in Ecuador, Brazil and Colombia. My contacts in all three countries are reporting locals scared, to the point of being jumpy. Afraid to get near someone. Double masking voluntarily.

I haven't observed this at all in Mexico, people here seem pretty chill. Outside touristy places (where covid-refugee foreigners red pill them), they mostly mask up but they don't seem scared and jumpy.

Someone asked why I'm in Mexico instead of looking for a white woman... haha. We're on the Titanic brother, and the ship is sinking. You better check which place of the ship is going to sink last and stay dry the longest. Not which deck still has pretty girls to be kissed.

Easy_C

Peacock
My advice is people get as far off the beaten track (eg far from the main centres of economic influence in the West) as they can. Yes, the changes will likely come to all nations, but with varying levels of voracity & competence.

Western Europe & the Anglosphere will be the eye of the storm.

Well, the system is collapsing in spite of their best efforts. You need to try to stay ahead of it long enough that you aren't in the middle of it.

zamfir112

Woodpecker
Surprisingly Egypt and some other Middle Eastern countries have been very chill in this Covid madness nonsense.almost Nobody wears masks and people move on with their life. I've seen footage from Iraq too its very chilll. Some parts of Africa too. The west and Asia pacific are the worst...

Thanks for pointing this out. There still are scores of Boomers and other low SMV dudes that keep harping on the Philippines as if it's some sort of unspoiled territory and a last refuge. It's like a phantom enemy that keeps re-appearing as soon as one strikes it down. I've made it my job to fight this delusion on this board tooth and nail.

DO NOT COME TO THE PHILIPPINES. In fact you can't even get in right now (ever since March 2020), but in case you still wanted to: get it out of your head. Also forget about your faithful 'Christian' Filipino waifu.

The only good thing here is that the resident low SMV dudes and Boomers seem pretty switched on when it comes to the Covid1984 scam. In the FB expats groups it's non-stop 'BILL GATES IS TRYING TO MURDER US ALL' posts. Go figure