Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Easy_C

Peacock
Any word from Arkansas?

I kinda sorta forgot that place exists...which is a GOOD thing in this context. If I did then I know it’s completely off most people’s radar.

Also interested to hear from Georgia. It looks like it is all COVID on paper but I suspect the reality is different.

Quite frankly a state of affairs where a mandate exists and nobody respects it is better than no mandate. One of those things can change overnight and it is not people having no respect for official decree.

Edit: I need to add that Walking videos show almost zero masks. That’s not a full picture though

Last edited:

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Thanks for pointing this out. There still are scores of Boomers and other low SMV dudes that keep harping on the Philippines as if it's some sort of unspoiled territory and a last refuge. It's like a phantom enemy that keeps re-appearing as soon as one strikes it down. I've made it my job to fight this delusion on this board tooth and nail.

DO NOT COME TO THE PHILIPPINES. In fact you can't even get in right now (ever since March 2020), but in case you still wanted to: get it out of your head. Also forget about your faithful 'Christian' Filipino waifu.

The only good thing here is that the resident low SMV dudes and Boomers seem pretty switched on when it comes to the Covid1984 scam. In the FB expats groups it's non-stop 'BILL GATES IS TRYING TO MURDER US ALL' posts. Go figure

Based on this post I take it you're in the Philippines? Duterte is saying "jab or jail". How are expats dealing with this?

zetts

Sparrow
Update: Quintana Roo (Mexico) now has a vaccine requirement law on the books for entering stores, malls, restaurants, etc. This is the part of Mexico where many have been going (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum). It seems to be the only state to have passed such a law.

So far it is not being enforced. In fact, nothing is being enforced... I practically never wear masks (unless to enter giant corporate stores like Walmart and OXXO, the local version of 7/11).

Mexico's president is still outspoken against corona hoax and recently said Assange should be freed. We will have to see how it goes from here but the vaccine requirement for public businesses is a bit of a black pill, even if thus far unenforced.
Dude that is crazy. I just thought to myself "maybe I should return to PDC" and thought I'd check this thread again after not having been active a long time.
Anyway, we must've 100% seen each other since I spent 4 months in PDC this year and after 3 weeks felt like I knew sooo many faces. Really small place PDC. Walmart btw I had the mask literally under the chin every time, not even nose and got no looks or talked to or anything. 7/11 I entered without masks, oxxo however is enforcing.

Based on this post I take it you're in the Philippines? Duterte is saying "jab or jail". How are expats dealing with this?
Can't speak for anyone else but in my case I consider it ominous, of course.

Although it has to be said, du30 is a low IQ, blustering, senile triggerhappy grandpa who says stuff like this all the time. I never really understood the pre-covid affection some Westerners felt for him. One should watch one of his full speeches to understand why - a fragile grandpa stringing together incoherent, verbose sentences whilst staring at his desk. He speaks like a 'challenged' person as well, superslow and with long random pauses. In a way he clearly represent the country though

So he might follow up with this, but probably not. He has been threatening to shoot non-mask wearers, too, for instance. Obviously that didn't happen. But the overall situation here is not good - but then again it never was (and you know this from first hand experience)

So some expats will leave, but where to? Some will stay and keep their heads down, because they have become to invested in the country (family-wise and money-wise). What are they going to do? Take the plane back to Australia? LOL.
Some will take the jab but opt for the Russian or Chinese variant. Some happily line up for the toxic Pfizer mystery brew.

On a different note, the Philippines are now firmly back with the GAE. Yesterday Secretary of State Lloyd Austin traveled to Manila and signed some new agreement. Probably some backdoor deals with the IMF/ Worldbank too. Not a coincidence that du30 made these comments on the same day.

Just take a look at these clowns to get a good idea of the current situation in the Philippines.

Do I even care at this point that this country swirls down the toilet bowl?

Last edited:

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Yeah, not unlikely we passed each other at some point, the foreigners in PdC are all on 5th from time to time... I'm the guy that flips off the temperature scanner in Walmart (which works and they have to let you through)...

Today I heard the vaccine mandate law isn't going through, but some shopping centers in Cancun have asked requiring it for entry. That is apparently based on the decision of private corporations though, not based on any law.

I also heard a foreigner went to jail for having a fake vaccine card.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I read a story that Premiership footballers would have to get vaxxed... made me realize that the best/easiest way to swerve this is to get rich.

Every doctor has their price.

Can't imagine any player who knows what's going on choose the poison over a weeks/months wages.

It's theatre for the masses, in every conceivable way.

Have Raheem Sterling & Bakayoka Sako & the other Flowers of English Youth play their part in a "get vaxxed, get back to the game!" campaign.

Whether they will be getting the brew or the saline, is another matter.

The only other factor is these athletes are insured goods. They are medicalled within an inch of their lives. As things stand vaccines aren't being administrated via Private doctors (unless i'm mistaken). But still, money talks.

Last edited:

lukejames

Chicken
Any word from Arkansas?

I kinda sorta forgot that place exists...which is a GOOD thing in this context. If I did then I know it’s completely off most people’s radar.

Also interested to hear from Georgia. It looks like it is all COVID on paper but I suspect the reality is different.

Quite frankly a state of affairs where a mandate exists and nobody respects it is better than no mandate. One of those things can change overnight and it is not people having no respect for official decree.

Edit: I need to add that Walking videos show almost zero masks. That’s not a full picture though
I'm in Georgia just outside Atlanta. Doesn't feel like a pandemic is happening at all. Some people still mask up in grocery stores but I'd say the majority of people are unmasked.

Big concerts and festivals happening. My church has almost zero people wearing masks.

Easy_C

Peacock
It may last longer than you think. Some of the new-age religions have veganism as a tenet and they do not want to punish those people for some other reasons (a portion of them are effectively "initiated").

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have actually permanently moved to any of the Latin American countries from either US or Canada? Especially those who are married with kids?

My wife is from Latin America. I was thinking to possibly move to her country, within next 5 to 8 years or so. Main question is income. I have been in South America a few times. Kinda liked it in smaller towns.

I fancy an idea of living on an acre or two, have my own fruits and veggies, raise my children, have a quiet life away from western degeneracy and focus on the family.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
It may last longer than you think. Some of the new-age religions have veganism as a tenet and they do not want to punish those people for some other reasons (a portion of them are effectively "initiated").
Yes "they" do. They despise their own useful idiots.

A "vegan" vaccine is as simple as that.... I just made a vegan vaccine.

Whos going to check for veracity?

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have actually permanently moved to any of the Latin American countries from either US or Canada? Especially those who are married with kids?

My wife is from Latin America. I was thinking to possibly move to her country, within next 5 to 8 years or so. Main question is income. I have been in South America a few times. Kinda liked it in smaller towns.

I fancy an idea of living on an acre or two, have my own fruits and veggies, raise my children, have a quiet life away from western degeneracy and focus on the family.

In 5 years?))

Bold planning.