Escape From 'The New Normal'?

SillyMan

Chicken
Protestant
But foreign people had pulled it off all over the world too before.

Not with the headwinds that we face today they didn't.

But I agree, I think most who are presently nomads (as I am) will end up returning to their homelands. There comes a point where you cannot run any longer.

aynrus

Banned
Not with the headwinds that we face today they didn't.

But I agree, I think most who are presently nomads (as I am) will end up returning to their homelands. There comes a point where you cannot run any longer.
They did, with much worse headwinds before, like real wars, people did it all over the world. They key is genuine interest in the local culture and language, which allows one to get accepted, where such thing is possible. There're Africans and Asians who made a simple living in remote ex-USSR villages that are generally not accepting of any outsiders, they lived like locals being as poor as locals (or even more poor). If one wants to roll in flashing and spending money and maintaining high living standards, they won't be accepted and may be will not be tolerated.

brotherjimbob

Banned
So what comes after the apocolypse?

Assuming it's 5 rough years, but you find some outback, grow your own food and make it... then what?

I could do 5 years, but I don't much want to be found as an old man in the woods with no teeth in 40.

brotherjimbob

Banned
UK RVFers... I'm flying through the UK tomorrow, but night have reason to stay to mid/end Sep.

I want to know I have a contigency plan in case The Expletives drop the hammer and ban flights for the unvaxxed...

Pretty unlikely, but does anyone know of affordable options to escape if that happened (other than swimming the channel?))

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
"Essential travel" definition includes traveling to receive medical treatment. If travel bans intensify:
US --> Tijuana by land for medical treatment (one might have some signed contract with a clinic emailed from Mexico or "from Mexico" aka from own server).
Tijuana --> fly out elsewhere
Does anyone know if the land border to Mexico is open? @Papaya Did you need an "essential" reason to go?

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
No. Mexico is completely open. You can fly, drive , walk in across US without restriction. They dont check passports at all.*

US doesnt ask why you’re leaving and México doesnt ask why you’re entering

If youre a US citizen or legal resident they have to let you cross back so why bother asking?

In essence land border is only “closed” for Mexicanos with tourist visas ( US gubment in their infinite wisdom only stops the people trying to visit legally)

* Remember airlines only ask for your passport on departure in order to make sure they wont have to fly you back on their dime if you get refused entry at your destination

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm moving back to my native land and my native language.
But foreign people had pulled it off all over the world too before.
I don't think you will have a problem. If an executive order is passed it will only apply to U.S. citizens.

I think the main question is when such an executive order would take place, and that is purely speculation. I found a new flight for Tuesday, am seriously considering it, although I would have to basically lie to my employer about why I am not working, and he would not know I am leaving the country :oops:

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
No. Mexico is completely open. You can fly, drive , walk in across US without restriction. They dont check passports at all.*

US doesnt ask why you’re leaving and México doesnt ask why you’re entering

If youre a US citizen or legal resident they have to let you cross back so why bother asking?

In essence land border is only “closed” for Mexicanos with tourist visas ( US gubment in their infinite wisdom only stops the people trying to visit legally)

* Remember airlines only ask for your passport on departure in order to make sure they wont have to fly you back on their dime if you get refused entry at your destination
This is good news. It is a good backup escape option until Mexico passes some new crazy vaccine passport laws.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
This is good news. It is a good backup escape option until Mexico passes some new crazy vaccine passport laws.
I dont think Mexico ever locked down ( Im not positive) but they are definitely into the masks and vaccine. Irony is their president is one of the few whos tried to interject some common sense cautions on the vaccines

citizen

Pigeon
Taken from telegram:

How Russian citizens smashed the silly Moscow vaccination passports in just 3 weeks.

Abstract:
This is how Mayor Sobyanin's vaccine passport was smashed - and it was pretty straightforward. Moscow residents simply stopped going to any business that required a vaccine passport.

The most beautiful thing about all this is that the vaccinated showed solidarity with the unvaccinated. The business was reduced almost to zero in all the establishments in which the vaccination passport was required.

Muscovites grew their hair out, stopped going to bars and restaurants, didn't go to the movies, stayed in hotels, or did anything that required a vaccination passport.

Businessmen across the city suddenly called Mayor Sobyanin's office to scold him for the vaccination passports. They were ruining themselves and they were very angry about it.

Marina Zemskova, director of a regional hotel and restaurant association in Russia, said the vaccine passport turned out to be worse for the business than a total shutdown. At least, if there were another shutdown, she points out, the businesses "could count on some kind of supportive measures from the government."

With a vaccine passport system there is no government support. What the not very elitist elites did not foresee about the residents of Moscow was that they simply would not participate in the scam at all.

The businessmen were so enraged at the mayor that Sobyanin made a sudden and surprising announcement on July 19 that it was no longer necessary for anyone to use the vaccine passport. A hilarious excuse was made, claiming that COVID case rates had suddenly improved, as a reason to lift QR code passports.

But everyone knew the truth. The Muscovites decided that their medical privacy and their right to travel are more important than what the officials told them.

It was a massive case of civil disobedience, and they didn't even have to go outside and set things on fire in a big protest. All they did was say, "Any business that wants to see a vaccine passport from me is not going to get any of my money."

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Taken from telegram:

How Russian citizens smashed the silly Moscow vaccination passports in just 3 weeks.

Abstract:
This is how Mayor Sobyanin's vaccine passport was smashed - and it was pretty straightforward. Moscow residents simply stopped going to any business that required a vaccine passport.

The most beautiful thing about all this is that the vaccinated showed solidarity with the unvaccinated. The business was reduced almost to zero in all the establishments in which the vaccination passport was required.

Muscovites grew their hair out, stopped going to bars and restaurants, didn't go to the movies, stayed in hotels, or did anything that required a vaccination passport.

Businessmen across the city suddenly called Mayor Sobyanin's office to scold him for the vaccination passports. They were ruining themselves and they were very angry about it.

Marina Zemskova, director of a regional hotel and restaurant association in Russia, said the vaccine passport turned out to be worse for the business than a total shutdown. At least, if there were another shutdown, she points out, the businesses "could count on some kind of supportive measures from the government."

With a vaccine passport system there is no government support. What the not very elitist elites did not foresee about the residents of Moscow was that they simply would not participate in the scam at all.

The businessmen were so enraged at the mayor that Sobyanin made a sudden and surprising announcement on July 19 that it was no longer necessary for anyone to use the vaccine passport. A hilarious excuse was made, claiming that COVID case rates had suddenly improved, as a reason to lift QR code passports.

But everyone knew the truth. The Muscovites decided that their medical privacy and their right to travel are more important than what the officials told them.

It was a massive case of civil disobedience, and they didn't even have to go outside and set things on fire in a big protest. All they did was say, "Any business that wants to see a vaccine passport from me is not going to get any of my money."
But in America, there are only so many small businesses left. In most towns all you have is chain stores, which can afford to starve you out. So the situation is a bit different. I try to avoid stores that require masks, and will certainly not shop at places that have a vaccine passport (couldn't anyway since not vaccinated), but it will be more difficult than in Eastern Europe.

P. D.

Banned
Taken from telegram:

Abstract:

This has been my response. I will simply not do anything that requires a vaccine. I fully expect to lose my job. I wish more people understood the evil nature of this thing. Most people around me are virtue signalling about how they got their latest clot shot.

Interesting story, though - church is completely normal. No mask required, servers unmasked too. Place is packed every week. Downtown, streetside, visible. We did a eucharistic procession May 2020, no masks. From the very beginning, the place had a critical mass of people, >60%, who simply refused all coronavirus measures. Without critical mass, you're going to get hysterical morons complaining and enlisting allies to shut it down. With critical mass, hysterical morons are in the minority and keep their mouths shut.

aynrus

Banned
So what comes after the apocolypse?

Assuming it's 5 rough years, but you find some outback, grow your own food and make it... then what?

I could do 5 years, but I don't much want to be found as an old man in the woods with no teeth in 40.
I will tell you what comes next.
After you live in the woods you realize how empty, boring and vane the "society" is, how you don't want anything to do with it anymore and can care less about it and how amazing God's garden is (the woods), and you don't want to be out of the woods. You find peace and happiness in that life and want no other.
Not sure where you're getting it from about 40 being "old" (?), being "without teeth". I'm older than 40, could have Silicon Valley at my feet if I wanted to earlier, I have engineering education from good US school, worked for well-known big tech company in senior role, but I prefer self-sufficient bare-minimum life in the woods and I do have teeth. You seem to be thinking about drunks who live out in the woods.... but life out there is what you make it. But it's not your cup of tea, at least at your age, seem like - you might start understanding it later, though when you get older and tired of society.

aynrus

Banned
I don't think you will have a problem. If an executive order is passed it will only apply to U.S. citizens.

I think the main question is when such an executive order would take place, and that is purely speculation. I found a new flight for Tuesday, am seriously considering it, although I would have to basically lie to my employer about why I am not working, and he would not know I am leaving the country :oops:
I'm a dual citizen...so it's tricky.
Are you leaving the country for good on this flight or just an exploratory trip?