Escape From 'The New Normal'?

aynrus

Banned
What is the best/safest way to cross to Mexico overland, currently, to get to decent airport? (this is in case of executive order affecting flights out of the US)
I'm seeing a lot of reports of cartels stopping people driving through Eastern crossings.
Tijuana is the best?

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm a dual citizen...so it's tricky.
Are you leaving the country for good on this flight or just an exploratory trip?
Even as dual citizen I should think you would have no problems returning to Russia. It would turn into a diplomatic issue were you to be effectively imprisoned here with the rest of us and unable to go to your dual home.

I intend to leave and observe the events unfold from abroad. I may return if possible, or if the tides change, but it may very well be a final farewell to the States. Many of my friends argue that we should stay and try to make change, but more and more I am wondering if such a thing is not possible in this country. That being said, I don't know many countries who haven't fallen under the spell of the beast these days.

I didn't book my flight for Tuesday, so I should be leaving this weekend barring any new dictates from the despotic puppet ruler, of course. It looks to me like the EO possibility is the only one that would happen, and it is unlikely at the current rate of vaccinations (unless their main goal would be to shock and disorient people, which is always possible). I suspect that they want this to be passed into law by Congress via that one bill that was introduced. So that is still in House committees, but they are waiting for the right political moment to strike.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
What is the best/safest way to cross to Mexico overland, currently, to get to decent airport? (this is in case of executive order affecting flights out of the US)
I'm seeing a lot of reports of cartels stopping people driving through Eastern crossings.
Tijuana is the best?
Been thinking about this as well. Tijuana seems to be the safest option. Texas border is likely crazy now. I am in FL so the journey would be crazy. Really hoping the status quo remains the same regarding travel options.

Last edited:

aynrus

Banned
Been thinking about this as well. Tijuana seems to be the safest option. Texas border is likely crazy now. I am in FL so the journey would be crazy. Really hoping the status quo remains the same regarding travel options.
You can drive to San Diego from FL in several days, on a rental car.
Yes, the most concerning reports were from TX crossings, Americans stopped by cartels while driving.

aynrus

Banned
Even as dual citizen I should think you would have no problems returning to Russia. It would turn into a diplomatic issue were you to be effectively imprisoned here with the rest of us and unable to go to your dual home.

I intend to leave and observe the events unfold from abroad. I may return if possible, or if the tides change, but it may very well be a final farewell to the States. Many of my friends argue that we should stay and try to make change, but more and more I am wondering if such a thing is not possible in this country. That being said, I don't know many countries who haven't fallen under the spell of the beast these days.

I didn't book my flight for Tuesday, so I should be leaving this weekend barring any new dictates from the despotic puppet ruler, of course. It looks to me like the EO possibility is the only one that would happen, and it is unlikely at the current rate of vaccinations (unless their main goal would be to shock and disorient people, which is always possible). I suspect that they want this to be passed into law by Congress via that one bill that was introduced. So that is still in House committees, but they are waiting for the right political moment to strike.
It's a good strategy, to watch the dust settle from abroad. What are you doing with your belongings before the flight, since you might not return? Since you're leaving very soon, don't think there'll be any problems. They might say get vaxxed or get tested for flights in the worst case, I think.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
It's a good strategy, to watch the dust settle from abroad. What are you doing with your belongings before the flight, since you might not return? Since you're leaving very soon, don't think there'll be any problems. They might say get vaxxed or get tested for flights in the worst case, I think.
Luckily, I don't own anything except for some clothes, a bunch of supplements, and a couple other random items. I think I have been aware for a long time that I would have to leave so I didn't get a house, a car, or anything like that.

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
Luckily, I don't own anything except for some clothes, a bunch of supplements, and a couple other random items. I think I have been aware for a long time that I would have to leave so I didn't get a house, a car, or anything like that.

I've been in this mode for a while now myself. Been keeping it very minimalist.

I'm still thinking of Georgia, personally. I need to just book a ticket and go, as there's really nothing stopping me.

Weirdly enough I think the fact that it's so easy to enter is slowing me down, if I had to apply for a visa or something I'd be working on that already but the fact that I could just book a ticket, get a PCR test, and go tomorrow is for some reason making me procrastinate. I might be retarded.

aynrus

Banned
So I guess you can take it all with you.
I'm going into another likely no-internet stretch of my summer-long camping expedition... every time I come back online and check the news, the stuff is pretty shocking. I wonder if next time I'm back online in a week there's no more world as I know it and everyone is in a FEMA camp or something, borders shut down, vaxx passport required, etc.
It's been shocking to be hit that new muzzle mandate while in Oregon.
Coming out out of wonderful and free world of the woods into society (aka grocery store) and finding myself in the muzzle-land plus being in a mask-related fight in a National Park, the swarm of covidians descending on me like in the Night of the Living Dead movie.

I'm glad I had made this extra-long trip though, might be my last one in the US so I travel like it's my last day on Earth everyday... but very hard to keep a tab on that demented vampire Biden while being without a signal. I couldn't even do real trip planning for the Russian destination or buy a ticket yet, because I have no real internet access for pretty much entire summer.
Definitely don't want to deal with transfers and will let my existing 1-transfer ticket burn/turn it into credit (transfer in Paris, Paris is wonky, don't want to end up rotting in French prison or something for ripping off a slave muzzle)

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I've been in this mode for a while now myself. Been keeping it very minimalist.

I'm still thinking of Georgia, personally. I need to just book a ticket and go, as there's really nothing stopping me.

Weirdly enough I think the fact that it's so easy to enter is slowing me down, if I had to apply for a visa or something I'd be working on that already but the fact that I could just book a ticket, get a PCR test, and go tomorrow is for some reason making me procrastinate. I might be retarded.
I may see you there. Eventually my plan is to go to Georgia. They do intend on mandating vaccines I believe, but I suspect it will be lax in enforcement.

Definitely don't want to deal with transfers and will let my existing 1-transfer ticket burn/turn it into credit (transfer in Paris, Paris is wonky, don't want to end up rotting in French prison or something for ripping off a slave muzzle)
You may have to transfer, but if you do, try to avoid Paris, London, or anywhere in Germany. If you can stop in Warsaw, that is a good option I believe. Also, on another note, an alternative to Mexico for those of us in Florida, but I found a ferry service to Bahamas that is actually affordable and Bahamas only requires a PCR test so far. For me that's a better option than driving to Tijuana.

aynrus

Banned
You may have to transfer, but if you do, try to avoid Paris, London, or anywhere in Germany. If you can stop in Warsaw, that is a good option I believe. Also, on another note, an alternative to Mexico for those of us in Florida, but I found a ferry service to Bahamas that is actually affordable and Bahamas only requires a PCR test so far. For me that's a better option than driving to Tijuana.
I don't want to take one with transfer. Would just take Aeroflot direct. If they cancel flights would just wait until they resume.
Land crossing into Mexico I think doesn't require any tests, at least it was earlier - that's a thing, they don't touch Mexico land route with the same requirements as other transport because libs are trying to cater to Mexicans living in the US. Ferry - depends on who operates it, if they put some restrictions on transportation it may or may not fall under it.

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
Still in Georgia, have to report this is absolutely NOT a place to escape this. Masks mandated in the street, as of last week, i'd say approx 85% compliance to this, even though it's been mid to late 30s Celcius for the last two weeks.

The population here seem totally bought in. I just went to a restaurant, walked approximately 4 metres through the door to sit at a table, and got harangued by a waitress for not wearing a mask on this perilous journey a to b. I was seated at the table by myself, by the time she approached me, saying 'mask! mask!" i said "i want to eat" and pointed at the menu, she seemed upset that i had not put the mask on to take the seat. I just said 'ok' and walked out, to which she was then trying to get me to sit and order.

I cant hold it against her, she's just a young girl with her head programmed with fear, but i will not give any establishment my money if they are to indulge this insanity.

I might take a few pics to illustrate the take up here in the street. It's not busy at all, a lot of people either aren't travelling and the locals are out the city. But you'll see people out in the street with girlfriends, or sat on park benchs by themselves, masked.

It's bizarre and troubling how deeply wedded the masks are at this point. I just want to get out of it ASAP and get to the countryside, not deal with this madness.

aynrus

Banned
Still in Georgia, have to report this is absolutely NOT a place to escape this. Masks mandated in the street, as of last week, i'd say approx 85% compliance to this, even though it's been mid to late 30s Celcius for the last two weeks.

The population here seem totally bought in. I just went to a restaurant, walked approximately 4 metres through the door to sit at a table, and got harangued by a waitress for not wearing a mask on this perilous journey a to b. I was seated at the table by myself, by the time she approached me, saying 'mask! mask!" i said "i want to eat" and pointed at the menu, she seemed upset that i had not put the mask on to take the seat. I just said 'ok' and walked out, to which she was then trying to get me to sit and order.

I cant hold it against her, she's just a young girl with her head programmed with fear, but i will not give any establishment my money if they are to indulge this insanity.

I might take a few pics to illustrate the take up here in the street. It's not busy at all, a lot of people either aren't travelling and the locals are out the city. But you'll see people out in the street with girlfriends, or sat on park benchs by themselves, masked.

It's bizarre and troubling how deeply wedded the masks are at this point. I just want to get out of it ASAP and get to the countryside, not deal with this madness.
I told you guys about Georgia way earlier in this thread, not to expect much from it....it's very eager to join EU, this is all you need to know.

It's a small, isolated country that needs a strong ally, historically this ally had sometimes been Russia, but not always and not anymore. Georgia had been at war with Russia just pretty recently, Tbilisi/capital was bombed, it's a country that is being pulled apart in terms of South Ossetia and Abkhasia regions (that were part of Georgia during USSR period) being independent (after more bloody wars) and ready to blow up into being war zones again any moment. It's in desperate need of strong ally and it'll do whatever EU tells it to do (unless there's total change of their government leadership direction).
Be wary of any country trying hard to join EU: they'll find a way to brainwash the population and/or force things through restrictions. Even if things don't look too bad now, you'd need bogus vaxx papers to live in such country, as they'll not issue permanent residency without this vaxx.

Last edited:

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
I told you guys about Georgia way earlier in this thread, not to expect much from it....it's very eager to join EU, this is all you need to know.

It's a small, isolated country that needs a strong ally, historically this ally had sometimes been Russia, but not always and not anymore. Georgia had been at war with Russia just pretty recently, Tbilisi/capital was bombed, it's a country that is being pulled apart in terms of South Ossetia and Abkhasia regions (that were part of Georgia during USSR period) being independent (after more bloody wars) and ready to blow up into being war zones again any moment. It's in desperate need of strong ally and it'll do whatever EU tells it to do (unless there's total change of their government leadership direction)

100% this.

I dont know when they will ever learn. Saskasvelli thought Bush and the West would back him up, Russia sends the tanks in George the Younger says "sorry about your border, but we're not going to start WWIII for you". Look at Armenia, also trying to simp the West, and getting blanked hard for it. No one cares, ultimately. These state will always be pawns to the large powers. Indulgences perhaps, in terms of Bush and Georgia, but when push comes to shove, meaningless.

People here like to denigrate Ukraine as some sort of Western gimp state on here, due to misplaced Putin-love, when it's 100% less contolled than here. Masks are mandated in shops and public transport in Ukraine, but no one is enforcing it, walk around supermarkets or malls with it under your chin no one says anything. The metro has plenty of people not wearing masks, again no one says anything. Gyms stayed open during lockdown, just locked door and required a phone call, once inside, zero covid regulations. Bars and restaurants stayed open on the QT too.

Here though, just avoid. Sad as its a great country with a very special atmosphere, but its hook line and sinker for this psy op for sure. Temp checks in restaurants, handwash being offered, told to cover nose with mask, all very common.

On a wider point, what this year's taught me is the wider stupidy & malleablity of the wider public all over. People shopping around for a foreign shangrilla 18 months in are just indulging themselves, and wasting time. What should be focused on is a plan where you are as insulated from wider society as possible, wherever that will be.

The chances of turning up in a foreign land and managing this off the bat, with VISAs, property, settling in, language etc to contend with are very slim of things not going wrong in, especially considering the IMHO rapidly decreasing timescale to operate in.

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
But in America, there are only so many small businesses left. In most towns all you have is chain stores, which can afford to starve you out. So the situation is a bit different. I try to avoid stores that require masks, and will certainly not shop at places that have a vaccine passport (couldn't anyway since not vaccinated), but it will be more difficult than in Eastern Europe.
Find gas stations near blue collar working areas. They have fruit and more substantial food for sale.

aynrus

Banned
100% this.

I dont know when they will ever learn. Saskasvelli thought Bush and the West would back him up, Russia sends the tanks in George the Younger says "sorry about your border, but we're not going to start WWIII for you". Look at Armenia, also trying to simp the West, and getting blanked hard for it. No one cares, ultimately. These state will always be pawns to the large powers. Indulgences perhaps, in terms of Bush and Georgia, but when push comes to shove, meaningless.

People here like to denigrate Ukraine as some sort of Western gimp state on here, due to misplaced Putin-love, when it's 100% less contolled than here. Masks are mandated in shops and public transport in Ukraine, but no one is enforcing it, walk around supermarkets or malls with it under your chin no one says anything. The metro has plenty of people not wearing masks, again no one says anything. Gyms stayed open during lockdown, just locked door and required a phone call, once inside, zero covid regulations. Bars and restaurants stayed open on the QT too.

Here though, just avoid. Sad as its a great country with a very special atmosphere, but its hook line and sinker for this psy op for sure. Temp checks in restaurants, handwash being offered, told to cover nose with mask, all very common.

On a wider point, what this year's taught me is the wider stupidy & malleablity of the wider public all over. People shopping around for a foreign shangrilla 18 months in are just indulging themselves, and wasting time. What should be focused on is a plan where you are as insulated from wider society as possible, wherever that will be.

The chances of turning up in a foreign land and managing this off the bat, with VISAs, property, settling in, language etc to contend with are very slim of things not going wrong in, especially considering the IMHO rapidly decreasing timescale to operate in.
Yes, "insulated from wider society" is the key, in whatever country it may come (barring extremes such as China, North Korea, etc). It's a lot easier to do in a native or at least fluent-language/fitting-in-visually country.
As to Georgians, don't forget it was Joseph Stalin's ethnicity.... just saying'. And Georgians treat their own versus outsiders very, very differently. I'd not want to be non-Native outsider in Georgia if stuff is to really hit the fan.

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
Yes, "insulated from wider society" is the key, in whatever country it may come (barring extremes such as China, North Korea, etc). It's a lot easier to do in a native or at least fluent-language/fitting-in-visually country.
As to Georgians, don't forget it was Joseph Stalin's ethnicity.... just saying'. And Georgians treat their own versus outsiders very, very differently. I'd not want to be non-Native outsider in Georgia if stuff is to really hit the fan.

For sure. You would NEVER be truly accepted in Georgia. Which in a way is a positive to them, they have exceptional in-group preference. But to take their hospitality as anything beyond good manners to guests would be foolish in the extreme.

I see people talking about moving to Serbia and going off grid with fake passes and such forth, whilst solo. It's foolhardy in the extreme. Serbs are in a way diet-georgians in that regard. If you are in a place like this (could name any number of similar small countries, that have survived whilst being surrounded by enemies), in hard times, dont speak the language, not even married-in, nor have VISA, let alone vaxx-pass etc, you will be treated as an absolute outsider, and a threat.

It seems not that much has really changed for many on this site, in that a few years ago countries plus' and negatives were endlessly compared and window shopped, with a view to gain leverage & to sleep with local women. Now all that's changed is rather than picking up girls, the window shopping revolves around where best to avoid the coming dystopia.

Which in itself is a good subject and fair enough, but people are kidding themselves if they still think it'll be like digital nomading drifting around these places being a 'cool foreigner'. It wont, certainly if/when things start to get really dark in the coming months.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
From my friend who is in Serbia:

"An old Serbian woman approached me and started speaking english. She was going to Macedonia cause she had some “accident.” She was bruised on her arm and had stitches on her forehead. I asked her what happened. She said it was from the vaccine. Said she passed out from it and hit her head. Then she warned “don’t take it.” She said people are dying here from the vaccine."

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
For sure. You would NEVER be truly accepted in Georgia. Which in a way is a positive to them, they have exceptional in-group preference. But to take their hospitality as anything beyond good manners to guests would be foolish in the extreme.

I see people talking about moving to Serbia and going off grid with fake passes and such forth, whilst solo. It's foolhardy in the extreme. Serbs are in a way diet-georgians in that regard. If you are in a place like this (could name any number of similar small countries, that have survived whilst being surrounded by enemies), in hard times, dont speak the language, not even married-in, nor have VISA, let alone vaxx-pass etc, you will be treated as an absolute outsider, and a threat.

It seems not that much has really changed for many on this site, in that a few years ago countries plus' and negatives were endlessly compared and window shopped, with a view to gain leverage & to sleep with local women. Now all that's changed is rather than picking up girls, the window shopping revolves around where best to avoid the coming dystopia.

Which in itself is a good subject and fair enough, but people are kidding themselves if they still think it'll be like digital nomading drifting around these places being a 'cool foreigner'. It wont, certainly if/when things start to get really dark in the coming months.
I think Georgia itself is well-suited for the end days. Vast mountain regions, a warlike people who have lived in the mountains for centuries, and an extremely hostile attitude towards western infiltration. I think the leadership will certainly sell the country out, but as someone said earlier in the thread, it is possible that Elder Gabriel's vision will come true––that if the monarchy is restored and the beast vax system overthrown, Georgia will be a relative safe haven during the end times. Possibly in those no-man land pockets of Abkhazia or South Ossetia. But I agree, it may not be a good option for foreigners.

aynrus

Banned
I think Georgia itself is well-suited for the end days. Vast mountain regions, a warlike people who have lived in the mountains for centuries, and an extremely hostile attitude towards western infiltration. I think the leadership will certainly sell the country out, but as someone said earlier in the thread, it is possible that Elder Gabriel's vision will come true––that if the monarchy is restored and the beast vax system overthrown, Georgia will be a relative safe haven during the end times. Possibly in those no-man land pockets of Abkhazia or South Ossetia. But I agree, it may not be a good option for foreigners.
Trust me no and no. One of the last places you want to be in those mountains. There are militants there even now, your life as outsider is worth nothing there.