Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I know almost nothing about Belarus. Will have to do a bit of research on that and perhaps visit once things open up again. Any particular places you would recommend? Also places to stay away from?

I can't say much about Belarus, but I am not worried about staying anywhere in EE.

I stayed in a Slovenian village named Črni Kal. I don't remember the exact speed, but I remember downloading The X-Files blu-ray at very competitive speeds. This was in 2015.

On the downside of Slovenia there are very few shops in villages. I arrived at this place at about 1AM, having not eaten in some time. I woke up late and found I had to travel about 8 miles to the nearest store. So I ended up swiping some poor child's haloween pumpkin and sticking it in the pot.

Louis IX

Pelican
Yes. USD. I usually book a short stay and then get a 20% discount by booking in cash, using reputable Booking.com hosts.

$500 pm:

136610679.jpg

Looking at Vitebsk the entry price if $325.

The food was so cheap I guessed it is subsidised. 500g of peanuts = about $1 and protein bars for about $0.33 (not small ones). The same ones in Moldova are twice the price.

I expected the people to be exactly like Russians, but they are not. They are very calm. They remind me of what you hear about the old Slavs who lived in the forests, wearing their modest white dress and pure in nature. However, Minsk women are highly Westernised. I would say the most Westernised of any Slavic country I have been to. But I suspect that if you go out to small towns and can speak Russian it would be a very good place to meet women. It is also very clean, even seemingly in villages. It is hard to believe the wages are so low.

I second that - while I have never been to Belarus ; my Ukrainian wide has always told me that Belarus people are very peaceful and calm and that it is very clean.

Louis IX

Pelican
I hitchhiked around the Balkans and Slovenia was the easiest place to catch a ride. The people are indeed a great deal more friendly than the other Balkan countries. Some of that I chalked up to it being more aligned with the 'western' way of thought. It was certainly easier to meet girls there.

I worked short term for a woman who had a small farm near lake Bled. It was an insanely beautiful spot and as I helped her ready the place for winter, I would find myself day dreaming about the farm being all mine with my young wife and children all around me readying for the coming snows. Good choice.

Slovenia is actually more similar to Austria ( slightly poorer version ) than to the rest of the Balkans. I guess they have also been in the Austrian Hungarian empire much longer than in "Yougoslavia". I found the country very nice but dangerously going left-wing/globohomo

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
You are basically describing my retirement plan - LOL :) I spent a bit of time around Lake Bled but it was a bit too touristy to me. The area around Lake Bohinj was a lot more to my liking. Then again all one has to do is to drive out 10 minutes and you're basically in rural Slovenia and will only see the occasional tourist. It's still a bit of a secret destination despite the fact that it's being hyped hard in the travel mags. Some of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen and I've been around the planet.

The people and most of the women in Slovenia seem very friendly as well (plus easy on the eye) and if I wasn't already happily married I would consider finding a wife there. Cost of living seems reasonable once one gets away from the tourist traps. Food is amazing - many people don't seem to like it but I would probably put on weight there.

Of course the long winters are a completely different story. Prepare yourself for nearly six months of snow plus a lot of rain during the spring/summer/fall season. But if I have a choice between the globalist poz and shitty weather - I'll pick the weather every time. My wife seems very amenable to the idea despite me telling her that it would be a tough adjustment.

Does anyone have any insights on broadband availability outside of the big cities in Slovenia?

Yeah the whole valley from Bled to Bohinj is something from a dream. I hiked all up and around Trigalev and even found myself following a herd of sheep to safety after I was caught in a fog (which I had been warned about). I absolutely love it there.

I am also partial to the Soca river valley. I love swimming holes and the Soca has some of the best. Nothing in the world beats a refreshing dip and then a picnic in the sun with a pretty girl against a back drop of ancient stone arch bridges and lush hanging trees.

My wife has also given Slovenia the thumbs up for long term semi retirement living.

Pendleton

Pelican
If you can work from home and are American, the rural US seems like a good option. The only long term option is to unplug and try to become as self-sustaining as possible. To the extent you are tied into civilization, you are going to be affected when that civilization collapses or becomes deranged or evil. I know Ukraine had a fairly significant lockdown. Poland recently announced that it will require masks outdoors. So I don't think going to Eastern Europe/FSU would be anything more than a gamble on future responses.

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
If you can work from home and are American, the rural US seems like a good option. The only long term option is to unplug and try to become as self-sustaining as possible. To the extent you are tied into civilization, you are going to be affected when that civilization collapses or becomes deranged or evil. I know Ukraine had a fairly significant lockdown. Poland recently announced that it will require masks outdoors. So I don't think going to Eastern Europe/FSU would be anything more than a gamble on future responses.

I have not ruled out returning to the US but I'm a white male and given what's going on I'm not sure I would feel safe. The states I may consider are: MT, ID, WY, Northern AZ, and perhaps the Eastern part of Washington state. OR and UT dropped off that list a long time ago. And no, I would not be interested in the Mid West or South East - was always a West Coast kinda guy.

BTW, that said - one big deterrent to moving back are living expenses. None of the places I've lived here in Europe come even close when it comes to rent and health insurance in particular. Right now I'm paying €1500 per year for both my wife and myself. No 'co-payment' and hospital visits, blood tests, doctor's appointments, CT scans, etc. - all covered and I don't pay a dime. In the US all of this would cost me a fortune.

The only advantage of moving back to the US for me would be that I understand the language. That's also the big negative when it comes to moving to Slovenia as I'm too old to properly learn Slovene. But then again, almost everyone in Slovenia speaks either German or English, and I'm fluent in both.

Diocletian

Woodpecker
I have not ruled out returning to the US but I'm a white male and given what's going on I'm not sure I would feel safe. The states I may consider are: MT, ID, WY, Northern AZ, and perhaps the Eastern part of Washington state. OR and UT dropped off that list a long time ago. And no, I would not be interested in the Mid West or South East - was always a West Coast kinda guy.

BTW, that said - one big deterrent to moving back are living expenses. None of the places I've lived here in Europe come even close when it comes to rent and health insurance in particular. Right now I'm paying €1500 per year for both my wife and myself. No 'co-payment' and hospital visits, blood tests, doctor's appointments, CT scans, etc. - all covered and I don't pay a dime. In the US all of this would cost me a fortune.

The only advantage of moving back to the US for me would be that I understand the language. That's also the big negative when it comes to moving to Slovenia as I'm too old to properly learn Slovene. But then again, almost everyone in Slovenia speaks either German or English, and I'm fluent in both.

WY and MT are both nice places, very conservative and mostly White. There's plenty of land for sale out there and those states are great if you're into outdoor recreation. Once I save up enough money I'd like to get some land in WY to plant a few apple trees, raise some chickens, that kind of thing. The only real catches with those Rocky Mountain states are that you have to be prepared for the winters, and if you're really into things like live entertainment, fine dining, nightlife, etc. then your options will be pretty limited because they're pretty rural places. I know that WY never had a lockdown or a mask mandate, not sure about MT.

papashango

Sparrow
If you hate masks, you'll hate Japan.

It's all masks, all the time here, and I doubt it's ever going to go away. Half the population has worn masks daily from September to April here anyway, so they're completely cool with wearing masks forever.

Are they mandatory in certain places now?

You definitely won't get trouble from Joe Normie for not wearing one, they're too polite to confront others. Not like here in the West where people seem to think it's fine to dish out verbal abuse to strangers.

etwsake

Woodpecker
Gold Member
As far as I know, it's not "legally" mandatory. Hell, I plain forgot to put mine on today when I went to the bank. But it's "socially" mandatory. you could probably get by without wearing one, but you already stand out as a foreigner, and as a maskless foreigner, you're officially an asshole.

Some old men still like to talk shit to foreigners, so they'd tell you to put a damn mask on eventually. You could just ignore it, sure; but Japan is a lot more pleasant place to live when you're not constantly causing trouble for yourself.

Easy_C

Peacock
I need to point out that there’s a few states that urbanites tend to forget exist entirely. I think the only one I’ve seen mentioned here is Wyoming and one person mentioned WV offhand. You’ve got states like Montana, Kansas, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Mississippi, etc. that people don’t seem to remember exist. I don’t know the specific of COVID stupidity in each state But they’re generally much better than blue states...particularly in the attitude of the population. The mandates mean very little if nobody in a position to enforce it cares.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
WY and MT are both nice places, very conservative and mostly White. There's plenty of land for sale out there and those states are great if you're into outdoor recreation. Once I save up enough money I'd like to get some land in WY to plant a few apple trees, raise some chickens, that kind of thing. The only real catches with those Rocky Mountain states are that you have to be prepared for the winters, and if you're really into things like live entertainment, fine dining, nightlife, etc. then your options will be pretty limited because they're pretty rural places. I know that WY never had a lockdown or a mask mandate, not sure about MT.

Places like Bozeman are stacked to the rafters with California money. Getting a fancy meal there is no issue at all. And plenty of nightlife there too, they need a lot of places where the Hollywood faggots can play cowboy and make believe.

The trick with the northern Rocky states is finding a place out of the wind and with some trees and water. It its within 20 min of town, all the better.

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member

Sounds like the perfect place for us. We are surrounded by restaurants and bars where we live and have not been in any of them for years now. I rather cook my own meals and curl up with the Mrs. to watch a movie. Simple pleasures ;-)

Willie Bob

Chicken
For starters, yes I am aware that we already have a thread for policies surrounding the coronavirus epidemic, however given what's going on and where we are heading I believe we all need to consider the medium to long term implications of what is increasingly being termed the 'new normal'. Specifically I am now in the process of considering what parts of the world will offer us an escape from the collective muzzle the Global Elite is increasingly imposing on the wider public.

I am actually one of the lucky ones in that I have remained fairly unscathed from it all over the past six months as I have the luxury of working from home. In addition since gyms were closed here until mid summer I started to work out at home and realized how well it actually works for me and how much time I am saving not having to travel back and forth. As such I only have been leaving the house for doctor's appointments or urgent errants.

The entire thought of having to wear a muzzle for hours at a time not only disgusts me but literally gives me physical discomfort. I have always been the first one to complain about fresh air in stuffy places and even passed out twice during a concert as a youngster. So breathing through a mask for me simply isn't an option for more than perhaps 30 minutes or so as I start to lack sufficient oxygen. Yes, I could probably convince some doctor to write me a waiver but that's not what this is about.

Today my wife and I decided to go to a sport's store to pick up a winter jacket. We didn't find much and I only spent about 30 minutes there. At the end of our time there I was feeling extremely claustrophobic and couldn't wait to go back home. The thought of having to wear that thing for hours at a time every day simply boggles my mind. The local government here (not the in the U.S.) is already A/B testing new lock down restrictions for the coming winter. But as you are probably aware this is a concerted global effort which spans all across the Western hemisphere and is even infecting the EE now.

In a nutshell: It's difficult to predict the future but I have an inkling that this is going to be the 'new normal' for many nations for years to come. At this point I have set myself a deadline of summer 2021. If mask are still mandatory in public life at that time we will pack up and emigrate to a country that isn't part of the global poz and doesn't intent on killing off its entire middle class. Central Europe was high on my list but over the past week I have seen several dominos fall, e.g. Poland, Slovenia, and Hungary I think. So I have to ask: Is there ANY escape from this?
I have noticed that almost no doctors are willing to write mask exemption letters. Even the doctors that are skeptical of coronavirus refuse.

Willie Bob

Chicken
One problem with traveling to another country is that you will probably have to use a major airline and they'll forcibly muzzle you when you get on the plane. No valve masks or masks that make it easier to breathe. Even if you travel by ship they'll probably force a mask on you.