Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Sandstorm

Kingfisher
One problem with traveling to another country is that you will probably have to use a major airline and they'll forcibly muzzle you when you get on the plane. No valve masks or masks that make it easier to breathe. Even if you travel by ship they'll probably force a mask on you.
worth it to get to a better place... act fast. move now before health passports and vaccines.

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
worth it to get to a better place... act fast. move now before health passports and vaccines.

I think it's almost too late now. Even if we were packed and ready to roll right now, Slovenia for example is making it very difficult to enter at this point and anyone from my country is going to be stuck in a 2 week quarantine. Health passport and obligatory vaccine is exactly the type of shit I am trying to escape but based on the exchanges in this thread the pickings are pretty damn slim, meaning there aren't many places left to escape to.

Sandstorm

Kingfisher
Then our next hope is that Donald Trump wins the election, and re-opens the economy. Maybe dumb blue states will remain closed and destroy their own economy like NY and CA, but red states who know it's bullshit will open up. No one will get sick and people will evacuate dumb closed states, go to open red states and eventually it will be so obvious this isn't a pandemic, that finally everyone will re-open. With China fine, Sweden fine, Japan fine and the entire US fine, it will be hard for the rest of the world to pretend like this is real. And poor countries like Latin American and SEA countries just cannot keep up with this charade for much longer - they don't have the luxury of being first world or owning the worlds reserve currency.

Of course, as a counter attack, Bill Gates and the WEF/NWO might release Covid-21 which is a hybrid of Covid-19 and G4 Swine Flu. Bill did say if we didn't take him seriously about Corona V1, we certainly would about the second one.

So let's see! Covid-21 predicted for January 2021 and blamed on the "Dark Winter".

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
I think it's almost too late now. Even if we were packed and ready to roll right now, Slovenia for example is making it very difficult to enter at this point and anyone from my country is going to be stuck in a 2 week quarantine. Health passport and obligatory vaccine is exactly the type of shit I am trying to escape but based on the exchanges in this thread the pickings are pretty damn slim, meaning there aren't many places left to escape to.
Mexico would still take you based on a form but it's only a tourist visa for 6 months, what are you going to do after that? Can you stay in Slovenia indefinitely?

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
Mexico would still take you based on a form but it's only a tourist visa for 6 months, what are you going to do after that? Can you stay in Slovenia indefinitely?

I actually am in Spain right now and was thinking of going to Slovenia. But based on what I've read about Slovenia over the past week it's now a non-option as they are quickly following in the footsteps of the rest of Europe. Staged lock downs, curfews, and limited travel within one's region (which are small in Slovenia). Meh - then I may as well stay in Spain and enjoy the mild winter.

Zoso

Woodpecker
I actually am in Spain right now and was thinking of going to Slovenia. But based on what I've read about Slovenia over the past week it's now a non-option as they are quickly following in the footsteps of the rest of Europe. Staged lock downs, curfews, and limited travel within one's region (which are small in Slovenia). Meh - then I may as well stay in Spain and enjoy the mild winter.
Baltic countries seem they are doing good, at least now. Have you evaluated them?

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
Baltic countries seem they are doing good, at least now. Have you evaluated them?

Talking about going from cold to colder! LOL :)

But yes, I have looked at Estonia as a possible place to live. Very business friendly and welcoming to professionals willing to put in the work. However I did get the impression that the poz is falling on very fertile ground there as well, at least based on what I've seen in reports and travel logs. That said, I have never visited and would have to get my boots on the ground first to evaluate if I could actually live there.

Update: I just checked out the stats on religious and it turns out only about 20% of the population is religious. A very secular country and thus not a place I would ever consider emigrating to. That's one thing I really loved in Slovenia: You can't walk for more than 20 minutes without stumbling over some little religious shrine or icon.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Europe did shut down the borders to Canadians. So it seems options are tightening up for us.

I am planning on hunkering down, I was hopeful to spend a little time down south over the winter just to enjoy the sun of latin america, we will see how things shake out.

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
I have not ruled out returning to the US but I'm a white male and given what's going on I'm not sure I would feel safe. The states I may consider are: MT, ID, WY, Northern AZ, and perhaps the Eastern part of Washington state. OR and UT dropped off that list a long time ago. And no, I would not be interested in the Mid West or South East - was always a West Coast kinda guy.

BTW, that said - one big deterrent to moving back are living expenses. None of the places I've lived here in Europe come even close when it comes to rent and health insurance in particular. Right now I'm paying €1500 per year for both my wife and myself. No 'co-payment' and hospital visits, blood tests, doctor's appointments, CT scans, etc. - all covered and I don't pay a dime. In the US all of this would cost me a fortune.

The only advantage of moving back to the US for me would be that I understand the language. That's also the big negative when it comes to moving to Slovenia as I'm too old to properly learn Slovene. But then again, almost everyone in Slovenia speaks either German or English, and I'm fluent in both.
Please—tell us more about this wonderful healthcare plan! How does it work? Has Spain actually discovered a happy medium between the dread “socialized medicine” and the corporate greedfest that bankrupts so many families in America?

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
Please—tell us more about this wonderful healthcare plan! How does it work? Has Spain actually discovered a happy medium between the dread “socialized medicine” and the corporate greedfest that bankrupts so many families in America?

Not sure if you're cynical but it's essentially private insurance that we pay in cash once per year. That's pretty much it. Covers almost everything except for prescriptions but meds over here are embarrassingly cheap. The docs in our group aren't top notch but good enough for 90% of the stuff you're dealing with on an ongoing basis. For special expert stuff we always have the option to go to Madrid which has very good doctors.

Amwolf

Robin
Woman
One problem with traveling to another country is that you will probably have to use a major airline and they'll forcibly muzzle you when you get on the plane. No valve masks or masks that make it easier to breathe. Even if you travel by ship they'll probably force a mask on you.
Most airlines are now denying passengers who refuse to wear a mask for medical reasons, with the lone exception being Delta. Apparently the majority of flight crews aren't supportive of mandatory masks on airways as they've voiced their opinion on how these draconian measures are going to further discourage people from flying, which will eventually crush the industry and eliminate their jobs. There are some significant lawsuits moving forward against the airline industry for enforcing mandatory masks, even for those who are exempt. This has become an ADA matter.

Louis IX

Pelican
What s the problem with a 2 weeks quarantine? Just stay in your room two weeks in case they check you. Comply with it .
If it can make you "earn" the right to be in a decent country for many many years....then just lose those two weeks.

FlyingFinn

Chicken
I'm in Finland which is my home country. I live a location independent life and decided to probably spend the next winter in Finland. That tells you something about how bad the situation is worldwide. Seems like there is no sane countries left.

Besides the shitty weather Scandinavian countries seem like the best bet right now. Right now in Finland nightlife closes earlier, but other than that life seems pretty normal. In spring the restaurants were closed and team sports mostly cancelled, but masks were never mandatory and seems really unlikely they ever will be. In general the Scandinavia seemed to have the least amount of panic and the laws here are better at preventing draconian measures.

But I do understand that for many non-corona reasons Scandinavia is not very attractive option for most of you. What other options do we even have right now?

Asia - totally closed for traveling and they have a mask wearing culture
Southern, Central and Eastern Europe - total insanity and even more alarming is they seem to change their mind every second week
South America - mostly very strict measures (curfews etc). Maybe Brazil? Any info on on daily life?
Central America - Mexico seems like a decent option right now, but the problem is they had strict rules already and could impose them again any minute.
Australia and NZ - I probably don't need to say a word here. And they are closed anyway.
Africa - no idea. Any info?

As a long term plan living a bit outside of big cities seems like a great way to live a healthy and free life.

Most airlines are now denying passengers who refuse to wear a mask for medical reasons, with the lone exception being Delta. Apparently the majority of flight crews aren't supportive of mandatory masks on airways as they've voiced their opinion on how these draconian measures are going to further discourage people from flying, which will eventually crush the industry and eliminate their jobs. There are some significant lawsuits moving forward against the airline industry for enforcing mandatory masks, even for those who are exempt. This has become an ADA matter.

The main issues with flying (especially long distance international flights):
  • Extreme entry restrictions. Even people with permanent residence permits were not allowed back into various countries.
  • Sky high flight costs. Fewer people flying, additional costs for airlines to comply with the new normal etc.
  • Flights randomly cancelled due to underbooking or w/e
  • Connecting flights need to be same day or you'll be in trouble. You'll also be in trouble if they're cancelled completely.
  • This makes only direct flights booked with the airline viable.
  • 14 day quarantines. Nobody without a remote job will travel and even then it's costly and likely psychologically damaging.
Masks should be your least concern at this point but rather the elites forcing people to stay local unless they're rich.

Last edited:

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
Really everyone or is there a diffence between the younger and the older locals?

I think it depends on where you are. When I was in the North around Lake Bled every other person seemed to be speaking at least some German. Not sure if they teach it in school but obviously it's due to the country's proximity to Austria.

Amwolf

Robin
Woman
The main issues with flying (especially long distance international flights):
  • Extreme entry restrictions. Even people with permanent residence permits were not allowed back into various countries.
  • Sky high flight costs. Fewer people flying, additional costs for airlines to comply with the new normal etc.
  • Flights randomly cancelled due to underbooking or w/e
  • Connecting flights need to be same day or you'll be in trouble. You'll also be in trouble if they're cancelled completely.
  • This makes only direct flights booked with the airline viable.
  • 14 day quarantines. Nobody without a remote job will travel and even then it's costly and likely psychologically damaging.
Masks should be your least concern at this point but rather the elites forcing people to stay local unless they're rich.
Thank you for the great insight on international travel. You outlined the most pertinent information that everyone should know.

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
What s the problem with a 2 weeks quarantine? Just stay in your room two weeks in case they check you. Comply with it .
If it can make you "earn" the right to be in a decent country for many many years....then just lose those two weeks.

You are correct - not a problem really IF we are actually moving there. However we were planning to visit next May again and obviously we wouldn't want to be stuck in the hotel for the entire trip. I've only been there once and wanted to visit at least one more time before making a final decision. Last time we were more or less in tourist mode but this time around we would meet up with a few people and also start inquiries regarding some basic requirements, e.g. rent/real estate, health insurance, Internet speed in areas we like, etc.

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Asia - totally closed for traveling and they have a mask wearing culture
Southern, Central and Eastern Europe - total insanity and even more alarming is they seem to change their mind every second week
South America - mostly very strict measures (curfews etc). Maybe Brazil? Any info on on daily life?
Central America - Mexico seems like a decent option right now, but the problem is they had strict rules already and could impose them again any minute.
Australia and NZ - I probably don't need to say a word here. And they are closed anyway.
Africa - no idea. Any info?

As a long term plan living a bit outside of big cities seems like a great way to live a healthy and free life.
Does Mexico have a law that allows the gov to forcefully vaccinate people?