Escape From 'The New Normal'?

ginsu

Woodpecker
You're framing that like everywhere outside the West is a 'random shithole with no shared history'.

Please explain what you are currently doing in terms of 'staying & fighting with my people' currently, cos seems that everyone i see that indulges this sort of tub-thumping rhetoric is sitting aound moaning on Twitter & YouTube streams about it, but doing pretty much sweet FA.
Every once in a while you get a person coming in with a lot of noise that is behind the curve on most ideas by a few months, they would be better off just reading and processing the post that came before

I'm afraid there is no escaping from the 'new normal'. I moved from a mask-heavy area to one of the reddest areas in the USA and I still see a lot of mask compliance, particularly in the older set but in young people too. This, mind you, in an area with no actual mask mandate. The irony of these people masking up as they get out of their trucks with 2A bumper stickers is not lost on me.

You're framing that like everywhere outside the West is a 'random shithole with no shared history'.

Please explain what you are currently doing in terms of 'staying & fighting with my people' currently, cos seems that everyone i see that indulges this sort of tub-thumping rhetoric is sitting aound moaning on Twitter & YouTube streams about it, but doing pretty much sweet FA.
I'm not doing anything in particular, right now. But when the borders finally close for good and the police state takes its final form, I would rather be on my home turf.

If you move to another country (and you don't have citizenship), you are not a free man in that country. They can kick you out at any time. They can force you to do things that they couldn't force you to do in your own country. Go without a mask or refuse to get jabbed and see your ass get deported for breaking the law. And now you'll be forcefully injected anyway since you'll have to be flown back on an airplane.

Even if you managed to live under the radar and never defied the government's orders, you may not ever see your family again unless you submit and take the vaccine.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Peacock
That’s been my observation as well with only a few exceptions. The other category is that those doing the chest thumping rhetoric and then sending reports back to Langley about who does and doesn’t bite.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
I'm afraid there is no escaping from the 'new normal'. I moved from a mask-heavy area to one of the reddest areas in the USA and I still see a lot of mask compliance, particularly in the older set but in young people too. This, mind you, in an area with no actual mask mandate. The irony of these people masking up as they get out of their trucks with 2A bumper stickers is not lost on me.

All, beware, things are getting crazy out there.

Some women close to me said that they are losing basic abilities. One lady said that in her home State and county that she has known very well - she had to use Car GPS to find both a house and a near-by city (8 minute drive) - a place that she has been to previously. People are out of practice and the Politicians couldn't care less.

(Edit: This particular woman is a strong worker bee but is saying that she doesn't feel herself anymore, not motivated)

Another said that she saw (she witnessed) a woman driving down the wrong side of the road, not as in "a mistake was made" but as in she, this other woman driver, lost her mind.

Clown world

It used to be that people were making 10 plans for organizations and big groups - all to be told "No" or all for nothing. It was and still is a mental exhaustion and torment exercise to plan most things. Although, now people are losing their basic abilities for/of daily functions.

If you attempt to go swimming at an indoor Olympic pool with a kid's water-park area in a Lock-down State be ready for some of the most bizarre rules and schedules. They will remind you that "people are dying" and they will ban you if you miss your scheduled appointment (of 1 hour) a few times - mind you, you pay per visit $6-$24 (single or family) to use such a facility.

Conference calls at work are very quiet and awkward. Keep them that way. No one wants to talk over Zoom or Skype at all. If you try to engage in chit chat you're likely to offend a co-worker. Or you'll have to caveat and preface your whole conversation from start to finish because people won't understand you - in this new normal. Can you blame people for no longer talking - what with so many different rules, differences in perspectives and States. This week I tried engaging 4 people separately on email/conference calls and only 1 conversation was fruitful. The other 3 left me feeling uneasy and raw.

I truly can't say if this canopy of pure evil will be lifted by mid-Summer.
: )

Cheers ... if that's possible.

(sigh) ... I'm exhausted. lol

John 3:16

Edit:

P.S. Christian music helps, worship songs, reading or revisiting scriptures and getting close to your near-by family

Last edited:

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I've heard rumors of private gyms in the US and UK letting their patrons discretely continue using their services, allowing them to enter and exit through the back door. I haven't heard of any of them getting raided. I wonder if the police are trying to look the other way, and only act when a gym (like the one in New Jersey) openly defies the lockdowns.

I would love to know if there was some of that in my part of Europe. The gym closures is one of the very nasty aspects of this and as I wrote once before, an attack on masculinity.

This new normal is bringing out something the west has not seen for a very long time, that is the dynamic and behaviour when there are unfollowable rules and fascist like enforcing. What I mean is, like in prohibition in the US, where liquor was so restricted that bars were running secretly in back rooms, now gyms are running secretly in back rooms.

I may soon be crossing some borders, getting or not getting a covid test to get away from the new normal to save my sanity. Have done this before during the pandemic but the rules were less unfollowable then. Going across internal borders in Europe and the relationship with the state is starting to feel like in the bad old days.

Some women close to me said that they are losing basic abilities. One lady said that in her home State and county that she has known very well - she had to use Car GPS to find both a house and a near-by city (8 minute drive) - a place that she has been to previously. People are out of practice and the Politicians couldn't care less.

Use it or lose it, I am worried about losing social skills for going too long in lockdown, and can see it happening to others out there.

It's becoming unfollowable now, but somehow not enough people see it that way.

holgerdanske

Sparrow
People are losing their humanity because they are being treated inhumanely. Also I watched a report from a renowned French scientist who said that the brain actually gets used to hypoxia which is when things go from bad to worse as your neurons start to die off slowly. Forcing people into a multi year lockdown and preventing them from breathing properly is a crime against humanity, period.

If we don't see massive unrest and riots over the spring and summer season then freedom is lost for at least one generation.

On the ground report from Kosovo:

I'm in Prishtinë at the moment. Masks are 50/50, but no one or any businesses seem to enforce it.

Pain in the ass to get here though.

Flew from America on Turkish Airlines. They wouldn't allow me to fly to Kosovo via Istanbul because I didn't have a negative PCR test (I had positive test results from 4 weeks ago plus a letter of recovery stating I was good to travel, which the CDC website as well as U.S. Embassy in Kosovo says is acceptable as an alternative to a negative PCR test). Don't know if this is Turkish Airline policy, supervisor was a dick though. So, I had to change my connection last minute into N. Macedonia, (as they and Albania don't require a negative PCR test) and get driven up to Kosovo. First border police was fine, 2nd booth 50 yards away, they asked for negative test result and instead I showed the officer the letter, and he let me through. But low key, felt a but like a refugee.

No doubt it's going to get harder and harder.

With a yank passport, you are basically restricted to some of the Balkans and I believe Belarus, in regards to Europe.

Will update woon if any problems arise leaving to get back to the States.

Aizen

Kingfisher
If you're looking for a place that has a stable supply chain for food, look no further than the number of cattle per country. The more cattle a country has, the more likely it is to continue eating meat. Resistance to the 'bug agenda', in other words. The number of cattle in Anglo countries is somewhat irrelevant, since it seems they're willing to kill any cow that will potentially be eaten by a peasant.

I was surprised to learn that Ethiopia has 50 million cattle. Solid stock for a country of 110 million people.

@JoeSomebody I just poked around Prishtinë in Google street view and it looks pretty rundown. Any particular reason you chose that location? Apologies in advance if your friends or loved ones reside there ;-)
Long-distance relationship. But you are not wrong about it being a bit rundown. Actually to sum up this city in one word would be: NEGLECTED. The upside?: city is dirt cheap, homogenous, and lacks certain people/cultures that we have in the US. It's not perfect, but this alone changes one's attitude. Combined with the fact that people here just keep their heads down and crack on with it, aren't wallowing in depressing Leftism on the whole, and aren't self-policing their fellow citizens who won't wear facial diapers is a welcomed change of scenery.

Goni

Woodpecker
Another element is the fact that sitting at cafe is a national sport in the Balkans. If you close this you basically do not allow people to live.

+ Almost all the Albanian economy is based on shops / cafés / buildings to launder money.
So for sure there is pressure on the government to not close anything .
That is mostly in Tirana and urban center.

Good coffees, bars, restaurants, shops , are a way of passing the time for the people and good business since there is a lot of money circulation there. Good gyms and barbers also but that market segmentation is already taken .

However good businesses in Albania are also related to tourism ( hotels and resorts), agro tourism ( big farms with restaurants with bio food and native Albanian recepies) , light industries related to food manufacture and real estate.

Especially real estate with apartments and villas in the seaside sold to foreigners who are generally westerners and eastern slavs.

However money laundering will continue and all these countries in western Balkans have issues with meritocracy, wages and mass migration to the west

@JoeSomebody, today is elections in Kosovo.

The nationalist and anti corruption Albin Kurti will win for sure. In Albania politics are usurped by Soros lackeys such as Edi Rama.

holgerdanske

Sparrow
Long-distance relationship. But you are not wrong about it being a bit rundown. Actually to sum up this city in one word would be: NEGLECTED. The upside?: city is dirt cheap, homogenous, and lacks certain people/cultures that we have in the US. It's not perfect, but this alone changes one's attitude. Combined with the fact that people here just keep their heads down and crack on with it, aren't wallowing in depressing Leftism on the whole, and aren't self-policing their fellow citizens who won't wear facial diapers is a welcomed change of scenery.
Thanks for the follow up. Question: What is the situation regarding broadband in Kosovo? My business is mainly online so it's a criteria for me. If course Starlink should be available in Europe by next year...

One thing I'm sure of is that if this thing happened just 20 years ago we would've torn it up in 30 seconds. People were more rebellious then. Music still had spunk. We would've told the gov to go F itself.

I dunno man... imagine if this had happened pre-internet... unless you'd watched a Bill Hicks VHS you'd likely have no idea what was really happening at all.