Escape From 'The New Normal'?

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I don't know if this is related, but there is a large branch office of the World Bank in my city in the US. From what I have observed, a very high percentage of the employees in that organization are from Spain. They have a reputation of being one of the most cliquish of all the expat communities in my city. I have experienced this myself. When I have approached any of them (men and women) in a lounge or restaurant in the downtown area (practicing my Spanish), 90% of the time they have completely ignored me, or were very cold and aloof.

A naturalized US citizen from Spain I talked to one day in a downtown restaurant confirmed to me that they're like that, but said they're ok once you get to know them, and they usually prefer that you be introduced to them by someone in their social circle before they'll talk to you. I asked why they were like that and he shrugged. It reminds me that the more "progressive" or leftist people are, the more unfriendly they are to strangers, especially if they're affluent, with some exceptions, of course.

Interesting. But check the birthrates, they were in free fall since the mid eighties and abortion has been the law of the land for decades. Draw your own conclusions...

A big aspect of this is women in the workforce in Spain. I can only judge by what I see here in Valencia, but every single time I go to a doctor's office, hospital, administrative office, shop, etc. it's at least 80% women. Quite frankly I have no idea where all the men work because the entire service and health sector it's heavily heavily dominated by women. I have known my dentist for almost a decade now, she's a religious woman and one of the sweetest persons you'll ever come across, salt of the earth type. But in the entire time she has only employed women in her practice. I have not seen a single man in there in all the time I have been there (and it's been quite often as I needed a lot of work done).

In the mornings when you take a look into the streets you see mostly young women on their way to work. Even the street cleaners here are at least 50% women, if you would believe it. It's not something I have ever seen in any other country I have lived in to be honest. Now admittedly Valencia is very progressive, even by Spanish standards but this has really irked me for a while now and I'm not at all surprised that the birthrate has dropped so much in Spain as most of the young women seem to be wasting their most fertile years slaving away in some corporate job. The Spanish have taken to feminism like a fish to water it seems.

I don't know if this is related, but there is a large branch office of the World Bank in my city in the US. From what I have observed, a very high percentage of the employees in that organization are from Spain. They have a reputation of being one of the most cliquish of all the expat communities in my city. I have experienced this myself. When I have approached any of them (men and women) in a lounge or restaurant in the downtown area (practicing my Spanish), 90% of the time they have completely ignored me, or were very cold and aloof.

A naturalized US citizen from Spain I talked to one day in a downtown restaurant confirmed to me that they're like that, but said they're ok once you get to know them, and they usually prefer that you be introduced to them by someone in their social circle before they'll talk to you. I asked why they were like that and he shrugged. It reminds me that the more "progressive" or leftist people are, the more unfriendly they are to strangers, especially if they're affluent, with some exceptions, of course.

Spain has been one of the toughest countries I've ever been to when it comes to making friends. People are very friendly to me as I have a positive nature and usually smile a lot and enjoy making little quips. But there's definitely a wall there and it not only extends to us anglos but pretty much anyone outside their specific region. So to a Valencian for example someone from Madrid or Galicia is just a stranger and they'll have a hard time breaking into their social circle unless they are very young and perhaps attend school or college. To me it always seemed that the Spaniards make most of their friends in their early youth and then don't expand their circle after about the age of 20.

Anyway, this is a separate topic and I don't want to pollute this thread too much. Let me just leave you with this: If you are looking to make a lot of friends you may have an easier time in a Slavic country than over here in Spain, as strange as this may sound. It may take you a while to break the ice but once you do they let you in and you become part of their social circle. Here in Spain, unless you marry a Spaniard, you will always be a 'guiri' and thus are relegated to tagging along on the outside. I'm a loner by nature, so it doesn't affect me very much but others may find it difficult over the long term.

britguy88

Pigeon
Spanish people are incredibly loyal to their family and childhood friends. Breaking into their social circle is almost impossible as a foreigner.

There is always a lot of criticism to expat communities in Spain for not integrating more, but the locals are as much to blame.

Spanish people are very friendly, but it's on an incredibly shallow level. I find Portuguese people to be way more genuine.

Spain is essentially a communist country now after a few decades playing with democracy. Such a shame.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
Spanish people are incredibly loyal to their family and childhood friends. Breaking into their social circle is almost impossible as a foreigner.

There is always a lot of criticism to expat communities in Spain for not integrating more, but the locals are as much to blame.

Spanish people are very friendly, but it's on an incredibly shallow level. I find Portuguese people to be way more genuine.

Spain is essentially a communist country now after a few decades playing with democracy. Such a shame.
In short they got what they deserve. Pity because it's a pretty piece of land.

Ok, I can't make a decision on this one...

I want to head somewhere to hunker for the coming storm... where I actually want to stay once it passes (bearing in mind I'll likely have no choice).

(I want to stay urban whilst I can, as I'm single and I don't want to become a weird old man with no teeth or family who spent his whole life hiding in the woods.)

Options;

Ukraine (currently in Kiev). Pros - blackmarket/underground, police don't seem too crazy about enforcing the bulls[earmuffs]. Beauti... wifeable women. Cons. F[earmuffs]ing cold. Unable to access mcdonalds without mask. Lockdown likely. No residency (but could be sorted, anyway, if they ground flights, I couldn't go anywhere). Possibility of blackmarket covid passport.

Belarus Pros. Business residency lined up. Zero lockdown. Stunning models everywhere who'd take off with half you assets and your kids at the first opportunity (is that a pro?). Maybe an opportunity to build something (if things open up, and the Russian raiders don't swoop in). Cons. Not really a city where I'd want to live otherwise. People are morons... meaning they will just accept the vax, lockdowns, all the covid kool-aid if Luka gets whacked. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport?

Estonia (Tallinn). Pros. Residency. Very cool on enforcement (never wore a mask, never got challenged). For sure could live their long term. Se... wifeable chicks. Shi[earmufffs] weather Nov-April. Could probably get a submarine to the UK, if I had to. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport? Cons. EUSSR... dystopia light, but they'll keep a vax record and you have to register your address. I can't imagine they'd start rounding people up... but they could.

Serbia. My friend (who is also on the run from this hell) is in Belgrade, has already lined up resistant doctors and recommends I join him. Residency won't be a problem. Warm weather (huge plus). Beautiful girls. Good level of popular resistance (so I'm told). No lock-up without proper civil unrest. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport.

UK.

Furgedaboutit. Not without solid covid passport (but sounds like you'll be 'upgraded' if you leave).

Any advice appreciated.

tothepoint

Woodpecker

That's the case pretty much everywhere, it's just human (tribal) nature. It's neither good or bad, it's just something you have to accept before you move far away from your friends/family.

In my experience girls have it much easier, there are tons of thirsty betas lining up to become their "friends" and there are plenty of women's groups on Facebook, Meetup and other platforms. There's zero stuff like that for men and if there is it's probably infiltrated by homosexuals.

So as a guy you have to go out there and do cold approaches which nowadays would be mission impossible. If you have an office job then it's easier but if not, I find that you can make friends though the girls you meet. They will know someone who has a boyfriend who will be able to introduce you to his friends and so on.

Also, all countries where there is taxation and where you have a welfare state are communist shitholes. Communism is just forced income distribution, in the past it was done through the government owning the means of production, nowadays it's done through taxation.
Your property rights can be taken away any day, just look at what happened last year.

On-topic I heard Florida is good nowadays, no mask mandates outside and nightlife seems to be up and running. Europe is gone so far off the rails that I don't recommend anyone to come here.

Piotr

Chicken
Now it is getting more and more sure the covid passport will come soon in the EU. I'm realy looking for options to escape this new normal. I have read this thread which is mainly focussed on Europe (and Tanzania is mentioned sometimes). Has anyone more information about Middle and South America. Currently I'm doing research about Mexico and Brazil and looking for experiences on the ground, but I'd love to sort out more options.

Elmore

Kingfisher
UK RVFers...

If you were currently outside the UK (as I am) what would entice you back at the moment, with the risk of flights grounding, vaccine 'passports' and all that bulls[earmuffs]?

Pretty negative, so I apologize... but I'll miss a big opportunity if I don't go back to the UK next month, but I don't want to get mousetrapped and find myself in some quarantine internment facility in a decade.

Personally, it would be remarkable to make me return.

The place is maddening. Even Covid aside, the BBC, the NHS worship, the cucked policing, the Pakis & the Blacks wielding the cultural whip hand over the cucked locals, the globo-homo compliance, the prices (best part of a fiver for a pint these days in most pubs)....

I couldn't do it unless i could support myself independently in a remote country location (which are so few and far between now).

Also i'd add to that the insatiable thirst for building over every bit of greenery, ripping up greenbelt, erecting 5G and pylons everywhere, and the demonic solar & windfarms in locations that get bugger all sun & wind, would drive me to the point of REDACTED FED POST.

Elmore

Kingfisher
+1 for Ukraine... girl just told me they don't even have vaxseens here yet (but she said she'd take the shot to travel. Boo!)

They're getting a jobslot of Oxford Zeneca (or whatever its called) - Eg the worst one.

On the plus side, they wont have enough to start pushing it on foreigners, least of all ones under 50

Bird

Kingfisher
They're getting a jobslot of Oxford Zeneca (or whatever its called) - Eg the worst one.

Since there are bad news about this poison in the German news there are now discussions to switch to other "vaccines" e.g. Sputnik and the homeless people should get vaxxed with AstraZeneca,
which is a good choice in order to reduce the number of useless eaters even faster.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
the NHS worship
I've only really visited the UK a little each year but did certainly notice in a lot of windows of houses little posters or stickers expressing love for the NHS. As an outsider it is really a bit bewildering. It is a health service, just pays if you go to a doctor or hospital, or am I wrong? Hospitals and doctors are not exactly "fun" or "leisure" like say bowling alleys, beaches or discotheques, unless it is that someone is on kidney dialysis and oh so excited that the government is paying for it, why are there so many such stickers in people's windows over there..

The place is maddening. Even Covid aside, the BBC, the NHS worship, the cucked policing, the Pakis & the Blacks wielding the cultural whip hand over the cucked locals, the globo-homo compliance, the prices (best part of a fiver for a pint these days in most pubs)....

I couldn't do it unless i could support myself independently in a remote country location (which are so few and far between now).

Also i'd add to that the insatiable thirst for building over every bit of greenery, ripping up greenbelt, erecting 5G and pylons everywhere, and the demonic solar & windfarms in locations that get bugger all sun & wind, would drive me to the point of REDACTED FED POST.

Yep... that's where I'm at too. I just YT 'BBC corona news latest' and that's usually enough to beat any thoughts of ever going back.

I've only really visited the UK a little each year but did certainly notice in a lot of windows of houses little posters or stickers expressing love for the NHS. As an outsider it is really a bit bewildering. It is a health service, just pays if you go to a doctor or hospital, or am I wrong? Hospitals and doctors are not exactly "fun" or "leisure" like say bowling alleys, beaches or discotheques, unless it is that someone is on kidney dialysis and oh so excited that the government is paying for it, why are there so many such stickers in people's windows over there..

I seen that all over my hometown and other places, including London last year. NHS is the new golden bull idol of worship for the unwashed plebs.

I really thought it was a subversive and clever trick to bring in Noahide Laws when rainbows were being used a symbol of support. Surely I wasn't the only one thinking that?

Ok, I can't make a decision on this one...

I want to head somewhere to hunker for the coming storm... where I actually want to stay once it passes (bearing in mind I'll likely have no choice).

(I want to stay urban whilst I can, as I'm single and I don't want to become a weird old man with no teeth or family who spent his whole life hiding in the woods.)

Options;

Ukraine (currently in Kiev). Pros - blackmarket/underground, police don't seem too crazy about enforcing the bulls[earmuffs]. Beauti... wifeable women. Cons. F[earmuffs]ing cold. Unable to access mcdonalds without mask. Lockdown likely. No residency (but could be sorted, anyway, if they ground flights, I couldn't go anywhere). Possibility of blackmarket covid passport.

Belarus Pros. Business residency lined up. Zero lockdown. Stunning models everywhere who'd take off with half you assets and your kids at the first opportunity (is that a pro?). Maybe an opportunity to build something (if things open up, and the Russian raiders don't swoop in). Cons. Not really a city where I'd want to live otherwise. People are morons... meaning they will just accept the vax, lockdowns, all the covid kool-aid if Luka gets whacked. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport?

Estonia (Tallinn). Pros. Residency. Very cool on enforcement (never wore a mask, never got challenged). For sure could live their long term. Se... wifeable chicks. Shi[earmufffs] weather Nov-April. Could probably get a submarine to the UK, if I had to. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport? Cons. EUSSR... dystopia light, but they'll keep a vax record and you have to register your address. I can't imagine they'd start rounding people up... but they could.

Serbia. My friend (who is also on the run from this hell) is in Belgrade, has already lined up resistant doctors and recommends I join him. Residency won't be a problem. Warm weather (huge plus). Beautiful girls. Good level of popular resistance (so I'm told). No lock-up without proper civil unrest. Possibility of blackmarket covid passport.

UK.

Furgedaboutit. Not without solid covid passport (but sounds like you'll be 'upgraded' if you leave).

Any advice appreciated.
I was in Serbia from early October to early January -- Belgrade and Nis -- and will return in April when my 90-day exile is over. I'm now in Albania, where the diaper regime is a bit less oppressive than Serbia and there is lots of congregating in the cafes/lounges (up until the current 8 p.m. curfew), but all things considered, I preferred Serbia.

Serbia does have a real winter -- it can get down into the 30s (F) -- but not nearly as bad as Ukraine, and very little snow. The government is covid-wacky, and regularly jumps the citizenry through new hoops -- like closing down everything for the weekend. Diapers required indoors. So it's certainly no island of sanity. I didn't notice any organized resistance, but most everyone I talked to didn't seem to take "the virus" too seriously.

One thing separates it dramatically from the U.S. and U.K., in my mind -- the Serbs don't self police. No stink eyes, no lectures when you've got the diaper off or on your chin, as happens quite a bit in the malls. No one diving into the tall grass when you walk by diaperless. I think it makes a huge difference.

One thing to note -- Serbia is now requiring a PCR test to enter, but you can get around it by first going to Albania or North Macedonia and staying for a little while before entering Serbia. The test isn't required if you're coming from five adjacent countries. Serbia was a great country prior to Crazy Time. Lots going for it. Maybe it could be again.

Slightly off topic, but talking about the UK...

What the shi[earmuffs] was up with that Captain Tom panto?

It was all an in your face sacrifice if you ask me...

I remember thinking 'why are the media making such a HUGE deal of this guy walking around his garden?'...

Cut to equally huge mourning of his passing... I guess after taking the vax.

I was in Serbia from early October to early January -- Belgrade and Nis -- and will return in April when my 90-day exile is over. I'm now in Albania, where the diaper regime is a bit less oppressive than Serbia and there is lots of congregating in the cafes/lounges (up until the current 8 p.m. curfew), but all things considered, I preferred Serbia.

Serbia does have a real winter -- it can get down into the 30s (F) -- but not nearly as bad as Ukraine, and very little snow. The government is covid-wacky, and regularly jumps the citizenry through new hoops -- like closing down everything for the weekend. Diapers required indoors. So it's certainly no island of sanity. I didn't notice any organized resistance, but most everyone I talked to didn't seem to take "the virus" too seriously.

One thing separates it dramatically from the U.S. and U.K., in my mind -- the Serbs don't self police. No stink eyes, no lectures when you've got the diaper off or on your chin, as happens quite a bit in the malls. No one diving into the tall grass when you walk by diaperless. I think it makes a huge difference.

One thing to note -- Serbia is now requiring a PCR test to enter, but you can get around it by first going to Albania or North Macedonia and staying for a little while before entering Serbia. The test isn't required if you're coming from five adjacent countries. Serbia was a great country prior to Crazy Time. Lots going for it. Maybe it could be again.

From what you saw... could the globalist kun[earmuffs]s running the show in Serbia impose lockdowns without true civil unrest?

Can you imagine vaccine passports will be unswervable (meaning you won't be able to get a blackmarket solution, or grease the right people, or find an underground option?)

My friend is painting Serbia as a decent option to side-step the bullshi[earmuffs]... as most people don't trust the government or buy the lies.

Is that about right, or he's living in an expat echo chamber?

Elmore

Kingfisher

It is beyond pathetic.

What happens if you subvert & destroy Christianity.

They realised in the last 20 years that something secular was needed to tie everything together for the mong-mass and the NHS is it.

Ticks all the boxes as there's always some jolly fat black women beaming down from the Propaganda Pieces. Or some Indian doctor or Malaysian nurse.

So depressing.