Escape From 'The New Normal'?

aynrus

Kingfisher
I've got plenty of skills in IT, electronics, audio editing and other stuff, however, I only hold a highschool diploma and I'm pushing 50. In the west I will have to work some sh*tty job, earning minimum wage or slightly more. Life is expensive in the west, so it means I will have to live from paycheck to paycheck and I will be unable to save any significant amount of money. No future! My home country in Europe is going down the drain and my current success/wealth is 5k USD.
What am I supposed to do? In my country I'm a loser. Here I'm able to save 25k USD per year working teaching jobs. I'm having the time of my life and will start my own business soon. Impossible for someone like me to do that in my home country.
If you had engineering or IT degree in the West, this would not prevent you from working sh**ty slavery job and living under constant high stress. Only the paycheck would be higher, but zero fulfillment. English teaching is a lot more useful occupation. I'd want to do that myself, but too much of an introvert to teach anyone plus not a Native speaker.

If you had engineering or IT degree in the West, this would not prevent you from working sh**ty slavery job and living under constant high stress. Only the paycheck would be higher, but zero fulfillment. English teaching is a lot more useful occupation. I'd want to do that myself, but too much of an introvert to teach anyone plus not a Native speaker.

With English skills, IT skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit, and some start-up money, it should be fairly straight forward to start an IT business that caters to English-speakers or does contract work for Asian based companies that need a bilingual [English fluent] IT tech/consultant.

aynrus

Kingfisher
With English skills, IT skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit, and some start-up money, it should be fairly straight forward to start an IT business that caters to English-speakers or does contract work for Asian based companies that need a bilingual [English fluent] IT tech/consultant.
IT business...it'd be only futhering Technocracy and Great Reset agenda.

Easy_C

Peacock
People who won't cross the street on the red light...is it a good or bad thing?
To me it's a bad thing, I guess. I come from the world of crossing on the red light.
Or you look and “read the room”. I’m probably not gonna do it if I’m in an extremely conservative area like Japan or an extremely chaotic one like NYC where you can easily be blindsided by some jackass doing 30 on a bicycle.

Any medium or small sized town? If I don’t see traffic coming I’m taking it.

Some things are moral law that should be followed. Everything else is best treated as a principle rather than a hard rule.

People who won't cross the street on the red light...is it a good or bad thing?
To me it's a bad thing, I guess. I come from the world of crossing on the red light.
Japan's corporatism is well-known...and culture of obedience, fitting-in and high sacrifices for the "employer".
Also, isn't Japan extra-high on mask compliance?
It should be easy to enslave people who're already very obedient and law-abiding to the extreme....that's what's seen in the US, where general law-abiding nature had turned the other way.

I was in a grocery store in Southern West Virginia today and everyone entering was sanitizing their shopping carts, one after another... if this is happening in West Virginia, I guess it's hopeless.
Japanese people being a homogenous, cooperative, and safe society is a good thing.

I could be inventive and nit picky about it and talk about enslavement of the populace.

THAT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Americans are fat, sickly, maladjusted, entitled, self-righteous, rude, annoying, undependable, etc. and still enslaved. At least in Japan you get a better society to be a wage slave in

Take your pick.

They wear masks there. I guess that started with SARS. It’s not a big deal to me if some people like hiding their face or want to prevent others from getting their cold on the train. I ask people all the time to cough into their shoulder rather than hack into my airspace. In Japan a sickly worker has the courtesy to just wear a mask instead. Good.

I have no problem with sick or immune compromised people wearing masks in public.

What I have a problem with is clown world protocols of filthy rags being reused and used improperly 90% of the time to comply with mandatory public health measures based on quasi-science and assumed sickness in otherwise healthy people.

In those cases the masks do nothing or more harm than good by becoming be vectors for microorganisms. Just like our filthy smartphones getting touched endlessly and rarely cleaned.

Sanitize your hands. Good. Sanitize your cart. OK whatever. Then immediately touch your filthy mask and phone and touch your face ten times a minute? Bad.

Double and triple masking? Maybe in special circumstances...

I rode a motorbike all around Laos. Super dusty and polluted in places. I wore an N95 mask with a bandana over it. The bandana caught the dust and kept my mask cleaner (lasted a week). Over both I had a helmet (third mask).

I tripled masked to:

A: Protect my skull and brain with a helmet. Block the wind and sun. Shield my eyes and skin. (helmet)

B: Protect my neck from bugs, wind, sun. soak up sweat. Buffer against filthy used helmet. (Bandana)

C: Protect my sinuses and lungs from slash and burn agriculture smoke, pollution haze, dust, and exhaust pollution. (Respirator)

None of this was to protect against disease. It wouldn’t have done much.

Last edited:
Russian women are different sorts of feminists, similar to say French women.

They are "feminine feminists" as in they dress as though they were in the 1920s-1950s USA, maintain a fit and trim petite figure, have their hair done up nicely, they look presentable, and they put attention into their appearance and how they carry themselves. But they still believe in getting money from men, working to have their own money and "independence," and having the option to make the man work to support them if they decide to stop working.

The USA is running on 3rd-4th wave "obesity feminism" where looks don't matter and indeed trying to look objectively beautiful is actually offensive because no woman should lower herself by trying to be aesthetically pleasing to a man.

France and Russia are on 2nd wave feminism where women still care about how they look.

Tell a self-professed "traditional conservative submissive" woman from Russia or France, "I don't believe women should be allowed to vote, run for office, hold office, buy real estate, or own real estate except in rare circumstances as a widow" and then wait for their reaction. They're not traditional, they're not conservative, and they're certainly not submissive.
I’m sorry to hear that. The rot runs deep.

I found that most attractive Russian women 7+ were not particularly interested in a normal relationship. They were highly transactional to the point of dating men twice their age who subsidized everything for them.

In exchange there wasn’t much being offered. Russian women under 30 don’t seem interested in reciprocating with cooking cleaning or children. I was in Moscow and had other guys swear that outside there and St Petersburg it was different.

Yet none of them had a relationship like that. They were hooking up and paying for it. They claimed Russian women will make you feel like a king but they were sugaring or dealing with hookups.

I think it’s better over 30. For instance my flat mate was older and cute. I’d have really liked to have dated her if she was younger and not living for free in the same room as a mother and her adolescent son.

Anyway, she was always offering to cook for me. She stayed home mostly and said she preferred that. It was kinda disconcerting actually.

I went to Pushkin museum and she said it was her dream to go there. I was like “huh? It’s only a few minutes away.” She’d never made the effort. That kind of scared me. Like seriously?

I don’t know if it was an act or what. Seemed off. But otherwise older Russian women seemed more giving and compatible. But like all white women thei hit the wall hard by 26-30.

Divorce in Russia is high. Supposedly it’s men trading down for younger models. Not sure I believe that. Divorce still sucks.

I also saw older Russian women dating broke younger men. The young men can’t get gfs because they have no money to sponsor. The older women just want attention and affection.

The 30+ year old mom I lived with was infatuated with a young french kid who was renting the other room and started a fling with her. she wouldn’t stop touching his hair at the dinner table. I heard of similar situations from others.

Last edited:

aynrus

Kingfisher
Japanese people being a homogenous, cooperative, and safe society is a good thing.

I could be inventive and nit picky about it and talk about enslavement of the populace.

THAT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Americans are fat, sickly, maladjusted, entitled, self-righteous, rude, annoying, undependable, etc. and still enslaved. At least in Japan you get a better society to be a wage slave in

Take your pick.
Not all Americans are fat and sickly, in fact in many states/regions quite healthy and looking good. It's a big country wtih a lot of different ways of life.
Obedient/cooperative population such as in Japan isn't my thing/not a good thing, too similar to USSR.
And in Japan, one will always be 100% outsider alien unless they can at least visually blend in, it's a closed and unique type of culture. I'd rather pick Americans if I have to take my pick.

As to alleged rudeness of Americans (not true, they're polite people, way too polite) - I guess I prefer when people speak their mind rather than fake facade. Just because someone is polite to you doesn't mean a thing about their real thoughts, don't see much good in that. If you're not born Japanese you will never read Japanese person's real thoughts or truly understand their culture, they'll be a black box to you forever.

Last edited:
If you’re walking around Tokyo or Osaka no one will look at you twice. You will blend in. Assumed to be tourist or foreign worker. Or US military base personnel. We have huge military bases in Japan.

Their culture is xenophobic but it’s not THAT bad. How accepted do you feel in USA? I don’t feel like I’m part of USA society at all anyway.

aynrus

Kingfisher
Or you look and “read the room”. I’m probably not gonna do it if I’m in an extremely conservative area like Japan or an extremely chaotic one like NYC where you can easily be blindsided by some jackass doing 30 on a bicycle.

Any medium or small sized town? If I don’t see traffic coming I’m taking it.

Some things are moral law that should be followed. Everything else is best treated as a principle rather than a hard rule.
In NYC drivers will try to run you over while honking when you're crossing on GREEN light, especially if you end up in the rougher parts of boroughs.

aynrus

Kingfisher
If you’re walking around Tokyo or Osaka no one will look at you twice. You will blend in. Assumed to be tourist or foreign worker. Or US military base personnel. We have huge military bases in Japan.

Their culture is xenophobic but it’s not THAT bad. How accepted do you feel in USA? I don’t feel like I’m part of USA society at all anyway.

I don't live in cities, not anymore.
I feel accepted everywhere in the USA unless I'm in very rural parts of South and certain few other remote regions, perhaps. In the regions where any outsider might catch an extra stare.

Not all Americans are fat and sickly, in fact in many states/regions quite healthy and looking good. It's a big country wtih a lot of different ways of life.
Obedient/cooperative population such as in Japan isn't my thing/not a good thing, too similar to USSR.
And in Japan, one will always be 100% outsider alien unless they can at least visually blend in, it's a closed and unique type of culture. I'd rather pick Americans if I have to take my pick.

As to alleged rudeness of Americans (not true, they're polite people, way too polite) - I guess I prefer when people speak their mind rather than fake facade. Just because someone is polite to you doesn't mean a thing about their real thoughts, don't see much good in that. If you're not born Japanese you will never read Japanese person's real thoughts or truly understand their culture, they'll be a black box to you forever.
It doesn’t matter that 20-30% of the USA population isn’t overweight or obese.

72% is too high. It puts skinny women at a premium. It forces everyone to stay home for two weeks two years so they don’t die.

That’s fine if you’re from the top 50% of Americans and you have a nice house and family. Good job.

But for the bottom 50% of men? We have to struggle for 10-20 years in USA. Then by the time we “make it” we are too old for a family or decent woman.

40,000 white men kill themselves every year in the USA. That’s one every 13 minutes. And that’s just the successful deaths. Many more mess up or just continue miserable lives.

USA is worthwhile if you have a leg up already or are very focused on something lucrative and doable. Like some kids know they want to be a doctor at 12 and work hard at it.

If you’re just a generalist worker from a disadvantaged background I don’t think USA is worth it anymore.

My ancestors emigrated from Europe. Not a big deal to emigrate from USA. Drop the chauvinism.

Last edited:

aynrus

Kingfisher
It doesn’t matter that 20-30% of the USA population isn’t overweight or obese.

72% is too high. It puts skinny women at a premium. It forces everyone to stay home for two weeks two years so they don’t die.
Yes, but in many regions it's not 30% but the majority that's lean. The average is only a country-wide number.

I don’t believe it. The majority of an American segment diets and exercises? Where? Let me know so I can alert McDonald’s and Coke to crack the whip.

Even kids are addicts to food and computers now. They get hooked young.

Are there plenty of skinny women? Yes. Are they over 18? Not many. How about over 30? Hardly any.

I think we may have different standards of what’s considered fat. In Mexico being fat is normalized. Morbidly obese is fat here.

I meet a lot of RVFers who think they are male 7s and 8s too and talk about getting 8s and 9s. Reality distortion is a problem unfortunately.

aynrus

Kingfisher
I don’t believe it. The majority of an American segment diets and exercises? Where? Let me know so I can alert McDonald’s and Coke to crack the whip.

Even kids are addicts to food and computers now. They get hooked young.

Are there plenty of skinny women? Yes. Are they over 18? Not many. How about over 30? Hardly any.
There're areas where people eat organic food, not everyone eats at McDonalds.
I'm an American, I eat organic low-calorie food and I'm super-lean. I often find myself in towns where most are very lean.

Anyway I travel around the country a lot and this map is accurate:

Not many are overweight in many parts of the West, Northeast, etc.