Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Easy_C

Peacock
There're areas where people eat organic food, not everyone eats at McDonalds.
I'm an American, I eat organic low-calorie food and I'm super-lean. I often find myself in towns where most are very lean.
Counterpoint:

As Johnathan Haidt points out, your individual IQ matters relatively little to success but the average IQ of your group matters a lot. Success is formed through productive group cooperation.

I imagine the same thing is true of other mental attributes beyond strictly IQ. Such as the discipline needed to not be a lard bucket.

mr2

Pigeon
There're areas where people eat organic food, not everyone eats at McDonalds.
I'm an American, I eat organic low-calorie food and I'm super-lean. I often find myself in towns where most are very lean.

Anyway I travel around the country a lot and this map is accurate:

Not many are overweight in many parts of the West, Northeast, etc.
That image is from 2008. I'd assume the relative differences are similar today but would posit the entire chart shifted tone or two more red in the following 12 years.

aynrus

Kingfisher
My travels are recent and I didn't see much overweight people in many regions.
Again, it all depends on the region, and if one ends up in one where many are overweight...well, there's a choice. Like they say, highways are open.

I’ve traveled to every state and lived in a camper van. Then an RV. Skinny young women were OK with that for fun. Much less so for a relationship. Van life is more popular now though. But 99% still want stability and a guy who makes $75k per year or so.

I don’t think it’s just me. I talked to a young college graduate tonight who hasn’t been able to touch a woman in three years. He said it’s really hard to get any of those women interested without something like drugs.

I’ve dated skinny women recently who didn’t have anything wrong with them. Accept they cried every night and were selfish.

Lonely or annoyed.

You have two choices in life as a man. Lonely or annoyed.

aynrus

Kingfisher
There's negative correlation between obesity in the area and mask compliance.
The most compliant are lean people areas, they're also liberal.
Big people are less paranoid, I guess.

Watchman72

Sparrow
English teaching is a lot more useful occupation. I'd want to do that myself, but too much of an introvert to teach anyone plus not a Native speaker.
I'm an introvert and a non-native English speaker myself, and I've never lived in an English speaking country.
I tend to be socially awkward and I don't like people that much.
I've been working as a teacher for several years now, and I can't believe I'm actually doing this, because the type of work doesn't fit my personality at all!
It took a lot of mental preparation to start this new career.

Before I moved to Asia I made friends with one of my neighbours, a native speaker.
We had long conversations about politics, religion, philosophy and all kinds of other subjects.
It allowed me to work on my pronunciation and to gain confidence.
I also took some inexpensive online TEFL courses.
They're pretty useless, but now I've got a bunch of certs, and they make for good eye candy.
When employers see certs, they think you're qualified to teach, so it will be a lot easier to get that job.

I moved to Vietnam on a shoestring budget and I burned all the bridges behind me.
There was only one option: I had to fake it until I made it.
I started my career with a volunteer teaching job.
I was nervous as hell, my palms were sweaty and I was a very clumsy teacher.
It took me a few weeks to feel at ease in the classroom and I decided to move on and get a paid job.
My first jobs weren't great and the salary was quite low, but that's just part of the process.

It will take time to acquire teaching skills but if you work hard and are willing to learn and improve, you will end up reaching your goals.
Nowadays my students tell me I'm funny, and employers like the way I teach phonics and fix pronunciation issues.

Perfect strangers contact me on a regular basis with job offers.
Employers talk, and once you've got a good reputation schools will find their way to your inbox.

Job offers mentioning "native speakers only" have never stopped me from applying and getting hired for those jobs.
In the end degrees, certs, and your nationality don't matter, as long as the students like you, and you get the job done.

What a great thread...

I've just heard from a friend who was in panama... life on the islands looks fantastic.

Does anyone have any useful intel on how things are there in general?

The first lockdown looks like it was pretty horrible, and I'd guess the cities are masks etc, but a good place to get off grid?

LeoniusD

Pelican
Escaping the covid regulations - you can do it almost anywhere except in the West. Western countries offer you pockets - others have everything open:

Moscow is fully operational - all bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes and all services are open. Putin may have participated in the global theater, but he is not leading his country down to economic suicide. Also they did not shut down basic healthcare or restrict it in any way - thus the super-killer-virus has not caused any uptick in mortality. It's funny really to see any mortality increase only in countries or regions which implemented the most serious lockdowns - as if that is actually the only thing that made this con tick.

Easy_C

Peacock
Look at it this way. If you can drop the average IQ of a group you also eliminate the threat posed by the smart individuals within it because the group is no longer capable of being led effectively.

I found that most attractive Russian women 7+ were not particularly interested in a normal relationship. They were highly transactional to the point of dating men twice their age who subsidized everything for them.

In exchange there wasn’t much being offered. Russian women under 30 don’t seem interested in reciprocating with cooking cleaning or children. I was in Moscow and had other guys swear that outside there and St Petersburg it was different.

Yet none of them had a relationship like that. They were hooking up and paying for it. They claimed Russian women will make you feel like a king but they were sugaring or dealing with hookups.

I think it’s better over 30. For instance my flat mate was older and cute. I’d have really liked to have dated her if she was younger and not living for free in the same room as a mother and her adolescent son.

Anyway, she was always offering to cook for me. She stayed home mostly and said she preferred that. It was kinda disconcerting actually.

I went to Pushkin museum and she said it was her dream to go there. I was like “huh? It’s only a few minutes away.” She’d never made the effort. That kind of scared me. Like seriously?

I don’t know if it was an act or what. Seemed off. But otherwise older Russian women seemed more giving and compatible. But like all white women thei hit the wall hard by 26-30.

Divorce in Russia is high. Supposedly it’s men trading down for younger models. Not sure I believe that. Divorce still sucks.

I also saw older Russian women dating broke younger men. The young men can’t get gfs because they have no money to sponsor. The older women just want attention and affection.

The 30+ year old mom I lived with was infatuated with a young french kid who was renting the other room and started a fling with her. she wouldn’t stop touching his hair at the dinner table. I heard of similar situations from others.
I found that most attractive Russian women 7+ were not particularly interested in a normal relationship. They were highly transactional to the point of dating men twice their age who subsidized everything for them.

In exchange there wasn’t much being offered. Russian women under 30 don’t seem interested in reciprocating with cooking cleaning or children. I was in Moscow and had other guys swear that outside there and St Petersburg it was different.

Yet none of them had a relationship like that. They were hooking up and paying for it. They claimed Russian women will make you feel like a king but they were sugaring or dealing with hookups.

I think it’s better over 30. For instance my flat mate was older and cute. I’d have really liked to have dated her if she was younger and not living for free in the same room as a mother and her adolescent son.

Anyway, she was always offering to cook for me. She stayed home mostly and said she preferred that. It was kinda disconcerting actually.

I went to Pushkin museum and she said it was her dream to go there. I was like “huh? It’s only a few minutes away.” She’d never made the effort. That kind of scared me. Like seriously?

I don’t know if it was an act or what. Seemed off. But otherwise older Russian women seemed more giving and compatible. But like all white women thei hit the wall hard by 26-30.

Divorce in Russia is high. Supposedly it’s men trading down for younger models. Not sure I believe that. Divorce still sucks.

I also saw older Russian women dating broke younger men. The young men can’t get gfs because they have no money to sponsor. The older women just want attention and affection.

The 30+ year old mom I lived with was infatuated with a young french kid who was renting the other room and started a fling with her. she wouldn’t stop touching his hair at the dinner table. I heard of similar situations from others.

I believe many outside observers, primarily Western men, look at Russian women and think "wow, they must be traditional, conservative, submissive, meek, and they must be into cooking, cleaning, children, and family..." simply because they are feminine, well-dressed, fit, trim, maintain a healthy weight, and they tend to be beautiful, and are certainly beautiful when juxtaposed for comparison alongside American/Anglosphere women.

I think the Western man doesn't understand that Russian feminism is different from Anglo feminism. Anglo feminism is 1990s-2010s 3rd-4th wave "obesity feminism" which liberates women from the shackles of actually having to look like women and to maintain an appearance in line with being a woman. They are free to buzz-cut their hair, dye their hair six different colors, tattoo their arms, legs, necks, faces, pierce every inch of their face, weigh 300lbs, wear yoga pants, socks and sandals, a halter top [at 300lbs], and they have been taught this is their right, this is part of their "freedom" and men just have to deal with it. Russian women, as a class, would never dream to even want to live that way, but it doesn't mean they are not feminists, it just means they are not 3rd-4th wave feminists. Russian women are 1950s-1970s 2nd wave feminists.

Western/Anglo men are so used to seeing 90% of women in their areas along the lines of bloated land whales waddling down the aisle at the super market with thunder thighs or zipping along in motor-carts because they are too fat to walk, wearing yoga pants, or skin-tight leggings, their back fat and bulging ass bursting out, with chubby calves and club feet stuck into socks and sandals, that they see a svelte slender French or Russian woman and think "ah ha, she must be traditional, she looks beautiful."

Russian women are not traditional, submissive, conservative, meek, etc., as a class. I think some of those traits can be found in Russia, but it is not part of the wider general national culture of female behavior/characteristics.

Each nation has general cultural characteristics of how people are either going to behave or the range of behaviors within which they are okay with behaving.

In the USA there is absolutely no social pressure against a woman frivolously divorcing a man and taking his stuff and denying him access to his children. There is no cultural characteristic ingrained in women against that behavior, in fact it is actively encouraged.

Consider that a significant majority of French adults have stated they do not believe infidelity within marriage is an issue of immorality and they consider it "morally irrelevant" which makes France the only nation in the world where a majority of people proclaimed adultery/infidelity is not immoral. You might find a French woman who believes infidelity is immoral, but she is out of line with the general cultural characteristics of her national culture and her socialized upbringing. Also, if she cheats on you, she will face zero social condemnation and she has zero social pressure against cheating on you. In France the penalty for being a sexual degenerate is to be elevated into high office.

“American women think that they need a man to fulfill them,” one French woman explains. “We [French women] fulfill ourselves and then we find a man to come along and be part of our journey.”

The article suggests we can learn about marriage from France, a country with a divorce rate that rivals the USA and one where a majority of adults believe adultery is not unacceptable and not immoral... What can we learn from evil except how to spot evil.

French women actually think American women have the attitude of "I need a man" after American women have spent 50 years claiming, "I don't need no man!" and trying to go it on their own as single mothers.

In my experiences and observations, French women are very contentious and masculine in their behavior, while being feminine in their dress and presentation. French women are bottom-of-the-barrel low-tier in Europe and would only edge out British women based on looks and the fact the French have more grace than to wind up drunk in the gutter in a pile of their own vomit in yoga pants, socks, and sandals.

I have found that as a people and culture the French are arrogant, conceited, stuck up, deceitful, prone to treachery (they always worry other people will try to get them fired because they themselves always scheme this way so they project themselves outward onto others), backbiting, they give insincere proclamations, and they never show their true colors unless it is time to lash out and strike you. They are selfish, cold, aloof, and the have a tendency to behave purposefully obtuse and they seldom mean what they say or say what they mean, they prefer to be ambiguous in their speech and they talk much but convey little.

It is like an entire nation of spoiled teenagers in an endless soap opera telenovela drama. I pity any decent conservative Protestant/Calvinist or traditional Catholic man in France who has to try to find a wife in the mess that is France while putting up with the endless games, unacceptable attitudes, and bad behavior of French women.

@LawTalkingGuy

Are you a proponent of the Far East mostly, or have you been to LatAm or Eastern Europe? Do you have an opinion on those places?

I have absolutely no interest in going to Asia. I am fine visiting Asian countries, learning about Asian cultures, reading their poetry, literature, history, but I have no desire to be absorbed into their society at the expense of my heritage and the heritage of my future children.

I am generally against any European person permanently residing in Asia.

I wouldn't live in Central America for various reasons [mainly crime and incredible instability]. South America has areas which have crime on par with, or even higher than, Central America, but for the most part South America will almost always be safer than Central America, with some exceptions such as Panama and Costa Rica which tend towards long-term stability and are fairly safe overall.

I would consider Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chile for a second residence or a "global retreat" to have a small 50-100 acre ranch/farm with a residential caretaker, a place to vacation for 4-8 weeks per year during the height of the winter in the USA and as a "back-up option" if the USA crumbles and I decide, "it is time to pack some gold bars, silver, guns, and other things into a chartered flight, and get out..."

It is painfully obvious to any observer educated in the classics, history, economics, and human nature, that the USA is in long-term decline and likely irreversible long-term decline at that. It doesn't mean fortunes cannot be made in the USA.

People tend to absorb a significant amount of their general culture in terms of behavior, attitudes, etc. Eastern Europeans strike me as a bit too mercenary and aggressive in how they seek almost transactional relationships. I would consider Uruguay, southern Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, for finding a woman. There are a lot of great European immigrant settlements/villages in those places.

Blade Runner

Pelican
There are a lot of great European immigrant settlements/villages in those places.
This is the angle I'm most interested in, and in general, I agree with you. It doesn't hurt that Eurasia is likely the epicenter of the next world war. If there were more Orthodox people in South America, especially where the European ancestry people are, it would be ideal (since I don't know slavic languages - yet, :blush:).

Easy_C

Peacock
It is painfully obvious to any observer educated in the classics, history, economics, and human nature, that the USA is in long-term decline and likely irreversible long-term decline at that. It doesn't mean fortunes cannot be made in the USA.
The catch is that “fortunes being made” in such a an environment as the US is becoming typically depends on being part of the political party.

This is the angle I'm most interested in, and in general, I agree with you. It doesn't hurt that Eurasia is likely the epicenter of the next world war. If there were more Orthodox people in South America, especially where the European ancestry people are, it would be ideal (since I don't know slavic languages - yet, :blush:).

Southern Brazil has some areas where German is widely used, some where it is Ukrainian, Polish, etc. It is not uncommon to find second or third generation immigrant villages with architecture, style, dress, food, and local newspapers in Germanic or Ukrainian tradition, with such languages still somewhat in use.

roombalaka

Chicken
I've something very serious to tell you all.
I witnessed it with my very own eyes, and you can check for yourself too, it takes you 10 mins and costs 0$.

this is some serious deep alien complotism shit, and this is for fuking real...

first, look at this vid:
there are plenty of other vids on YouTube of people recording morgellons in masks and pcr swabs.

now here is how you can see them by yourself, right now, it take literally 5 mins:

1. have a good smartphone
2. open camera in picture macro mode
3. use the mode to have your torch always ON
4. check on your mask...
5. if the morgellons are hesitant to move, use a needle and bring your finger close to it, they react to humidity and heat....

wtf is that shit? what does it do to you?