Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Dilated

Robin
Goes way beyond Africa. And not likely to be limited to Colombia type of countries in LatAm in the future, by any means, the way things are going.
There're multiple ways to lose real estate investment:
- cartel people come to you and tell to sell it for around 1K or disappear (happened to a family friend)
- simply disappear (happens to lonely, elderly, disabled people, especially), sale papers with forged signature show up (there're notaries that certify those, in cahoots with the cops and cartel, usually)
- country imposes capital controls/can't get the money back out (Argentina was a prospering country relatively recently)
- land is occupied/squatters
- instability/rebels/ethnic violence/civil war or increased crime makes one leave due to safety concerns, can't sell before leaving or isn't worth much
- land is officially confiscated by government action (least likely of all above scenarios)

Could you mitigate some of these property risks if married to a local woman?

Grow Bag

Woodpecker
I freeze myself most of the year in northern Europe, but was naive to think that you could still get some warm in southern Europe in November or March. Europe is great, will stop complaining now. If it would only stop snowing for a moment I would step outside and get on skis. Will brave it in a moment anyhow. That is interesting I had heard many Germans went to south America after the war.
The thing about southern Europe is you get an extended summer. I've lived in Greece, where it's stays fairly hot in October and is warm and pleasant in November. And I've spent a lot of time in southern France, where it still felt like summer in October many years. In southern Spain my niece has been out sunbathing in December, so if you like the sun then southern Europe is a good destination. Also it could be we're going to experience some very cold weather in this Grand Solar Minimum, though NASA says it's offset by co2, global warming, blah, blah, blah.

Could you mitigate some of these property risks if married to a local woman?

I'm going to talk about Brazil, not the rest of Latam, because I only know Brazil, and specifically São Paulo State.

To say that there are serious property risks based on your skin colour or nationality is patently false. Brazil is a country where white people are not hated (like they are by many, including whites themselves, in the US), neither are black people, or mixed race people, hated. Race is a non-issue compared to other countries. Anybody who has spent time in São Paulo will know this to be the case, unless you were seriously looking under rocks for "anti-white sentiment".

To say that rural land in São Paulo state will be seized by the mob or the cartels is equally ludicrous and betrays that the person in question spends way too much time imbibing highly dubious ideas at Stormfront and too little time actually in the place they claim to be geo-political experts on.

One of the defining characteristics of our present predicament (2020 onwards) is that the whole world is now extremely unstable, unpredictable and lacking in accountability. It is true that the corrupt govt in Brasilia might seize foreign land, but in my opinion it is even more likely that in the US, "deplorables"/"domestic terrorists" (which everybody in RooshV is) have the risk of getting their land and other properties confiscated too.

If Americans think that, for instance, Brasilia is much worse than Washington DC, well... let me remind you your current president, Biden, is literally a dementia patient who got to where he is solely because the election was brazenly stolen by a clique of foreign and domestic agents, with the full public backing of every major institution in the country, including the media and every large corporation.

My friends, we need to stop thinking we are living in the 1970s. We are in the 2020s and this has only just begun. Open your eyes and get serious about life.

I'm going to talk about Brazil, not the rest of Latam, because I only know Brazil, and specifically São Paulo State.

To say that there are serious property risks based on your skin colour or nationality is patently false. Brazil is a country where white people are not hated (like they are by many, including whites themselves, in the US), neither are black people, or mixed race people, hated. Race is a non-issue compared to other countries. Anybody who has spent time in São Paulo will know this to be the case, unless you were seriously looking under rocks for "anti-white sentiment".

To say that rural land in São Paulo state will be seized by the mob or the cartels is equally ludicrous and betrays that the person in question spends way too much time imbibing highly dubious ideas at Stormfront and too little time actually in the place they claim to be geo-political experts on.

One of the defining characteristics of our present predicament (2020 onwards) is that the whole world is now extremely unstable, unpredictable and lacking in accountability. It is true that the corrupt govt in Brasilia might seize foreign land, but in my opinion it is even more likely that in the US, "deplorables"/"domestic terrorists" (which everybody in RooshV is) have the risk of getting their land and other properties confiscated too.

If Americans think that, for instance, Brasilia is much worse than Washington DC, well... let me remind you your current president, Biden, is literally a dementia patient who got to where he is solely because the election was brazenly stolen by a clique of foreign and domestic agents, with the full public backing of every major institution in the country, including the media and every large corporation.

My friends, we need to stop thinking we are living in the 1970s. We are in the 2020s and this has only just begun. Open your eyes and get serious about life.

I agree but partially disagree...

White people are not "hated" by general society, culture, cinema, etc., in Brazil. Indeed being white in Brazil actually counts for a lot more than in the USA and will get you more attention [positive in terms of credibility from local authorities, being taken seriously in stores, being treated better by doctors, and negative in terms of street robbery attempts]. There are no SJWs walking around in Brazil asking white people to wear chains to make a public statement of apology over slavery, statues are not being torn down [to my knowledge], and university departments are not calling for the eradication of whiteness.

However, white land-owners in Brazil, and I know a few, have ongoing problems with MST, Movimento dos Trabalhadores Sem Terra, occupying farm properties.

A white person in Brazil will probably be treated with more respect, and perhaps even "awe" by the general society, especially if they're good-looking and well-off. However, there is the ever-present risk of MST occupying land in rural areas, especially in the northeast.

/I agree but partially disagree...

White people are not "hated" by general society, culture, cinema, etc., in Brazil. Indeed being white in Brazil actually counts for a lot more than in the USA and will get you more attention [positive in terms of credibility from local authorities, being taken seriously in stores, being treated better by doctors, and negative in terms of street robbery attempts]. There are no SJWs walking around in Brazil asking white people to wear chains to make a public statement of apology over slavery, statues are not being torn down [to my knowledge], and university departments are not calling for the eradication of whiteness.

However, white land-owners in Brazil, and I know a few, have ongoing problems with MST, Movimento dos Trabalhadores Sem Terra, occupying farm properties.

A white person in Brazil will probably be treated with more respect, and perhaps even "awe" by the general society, especially if they're good-looking and well-off. However, there is the ever-present risk of MST occupying land in rural areas, especially in the northeast.

That may be the case. My remarks are specifically about São Paulo state, and are probably true of the South and South East (excl. Rio de Janeiro) too.

I can't comment on the North or NorthEast because it really is as if it were another country.

A priori, though, I would be very wary of relocating to the north or northeast of Brazil, from what I have heard/seen.

The bottom line is we need to evaluate regional differences very carefully before making very broad and general statements, because these regional differences are very deep and gamechanging. Ignoring them makes the whole analysis pointless and a waste of time.

aynrus

Kingfisher

Brasilia can be easily taken over by cartels. Easy-peasy, especially during current instability and what's coming next.
There's a lot of crime and instability in Brasil and it's been going for a while.
I had seen my white country taken over by cartels as a matter of several years, going from solid safe state before that, and in fact found my hometown to become the epicenter of one of the worst cartels in the country and family friends sucked into it. I've seen people losing their property and their life over owning property.
When I sold my flat there, I had a realtor through cartel working with connected bank (so that my money won't be stolen). She offered me a body guard in case someone puts a word out I'm an American and got the sale going + my location but I declined.
She offered me a ride back to the airport once the papers were signed, but a family friend told not to take the ride, because cartel-connected realtor was supposedly involved with disappearances of home owners and I still didn't have money in American bank yet, and I was better playing it safe.

Or, what happened to Mexico, which I remember being much safer country, where people bought vacation and retirement homes, going to cartel war zone as matter of years. And while there're somewhat safer enclaves there, this can change fast.

There's much less probability of trouble in the US for property owners, the order of magnitude less, than anywhere in LatAm, yes even for any anti-vaxx deplorables.
US is one of the safest countries out there for property rights.
I only want to get out of the US because I can get really cheap land and house in my other 2 home countries.

Last edited:

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
This is the angle I'm most interested in, and in general, I agree with you. It doesn't hurt that Eurasia is likely the epicenter of the next world war. If there were more Orthodox people in South America, especially where the European ancestry people are, it would be ideal (since I don't know slavic languages - yet, :blush:).

Have you looked into the Ukrainian areas of southern Brazil? I'm no expert, and I think a lot of them are Eastern Rite Catholics, but there must be some Orthodox communities there.

Dilated

Robin

Good run-down on Brasil. I have temporary residency in Ecuador that I can renew an unlimited amount of times. Seriously considering building a house on remote lands here. There is some stunning scenery. But, the government instability gives me pause.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
Anyone in Switzerland? To an outside, it looks like a perfect place. Low taxes, real borders, a rather lax weapons law, and a bunch of work available in the embedded electronics area.

Anyone in Switzerland? To an outside, it looks like a perfect place. Low taxes, real borders, a rather lax weapons law, and a bunch of work available in the embedded electronics area.

Having spent a bit of time there I can tell you it is one of the most expensive places to live.

It is also about 8-10% Islamic and with no indications of that ever slowing.

If you want a 1/4 acre lot with a 1200 square-foot 2 bedroom house, expect to pay $800,000.00 to $1,200,000.00 just for that sort of property.

A 12 ounce strip steak at a grocery store will cost you around $24-$32 dollars.

If you're a fairly well-off married couple with the extra money and you have one child or no children, Switzerland could have great possibilities.

Unless you are a multi-millionaire with an income/revenue stream that is capable of being handled/maintained from Switzerland, working remotely, you won't have a particularly comfortable existence in Switzerland.

Switzerland is not where you go to get rich, it is where you go if you are already rich, although the same can largely be said about anywhere in Western Europe. No white American moves to Italy or France thinking, "I am going to make it big and get rich here" but they might think, "Now that I have $22 million dollars I am going to buy a large vineyard chateau in southeastern France or in the foothills of the Italian Alps."

Having spent a bit of time there I can tell you it is one of the most expensive places to live.

If you want a 1/4 acre lot with a 1200 square-foot 2 bedroom house, expect to pay $800,000.00 to $1,200,000.00 just for that sort of property.

If you're a fairly well-off married couple with the extra money and you have one child or no children, Switzerland could have great possibilities.

Unless you are a multi-millionaire with an income/revenue stream that is capable of being handled/maintained from Switzerland, working remotely, you won't have a particularly comfortable existence in Switzerland.

Switzerland is not where you go to get rich, it is where you go if you are already rich, although the same can largely be said about anywhere in Western Europe. No white American moves to Italy or France thinking, "I am going to make it big and get rich here" but they might think, "Now that I have $22 million dollars I am going to buy a large vineyard chateau in southeastern France or in the foothills of the Italian Alps."
Yep, spot on.
You need about 3M+ $, then off you go. Pack this into investments yielding about 10% / annum.
You can apply for lump sum tax (and its residency which comes with it) and the cheapest there is 100k / annum.

With the remaining 200k you can live very well and finance your property with a loan.

Yep, spot on.
You need about 3M+ $, then off you go. Pack this into investments yielding about 10% / annum.
You can apply for lump sum tax (and its residency which comes with it) and the cheapest there is 100k / annum.

With the remaining 200k you can live very well and finance your property with a loan.

If I had an low-middle 8 figure net worth with a reliable/consistent 7 figure annual income I would seriously consider Switzerland, at least as a secondary residence.

I have a low 7 figure net worth with a reliable/consistent mid-6 figure annual income, which puts Switzerland out of my price range for a secondary residence and which makes it a situation where I wouldn't be living very well or comfortably if I made it my primary residence. I have a realistic opportunity to work my way into a low 8 figure net worth over the next 5-10 years and a middle/medium 8 figure net worth over the next 25-35 years, an opportunity that simply would never exist for me in Switzerland.

aynrus

Kingfisher
I freeze myself most of the year in northern Europe, but was naive to think that you could still get some warm in southern Europe in November or March. Europe is great, will stop complaining now. If it would only stop snowing for a moment I would step outside and get on skis. Will brave it in a moment anyhow. That is interesting I had heard many Germans went to south America after the war.
I'm visiting Western Tennessee and what's considered barely warm April weather here is way too much "humid heat" to me already...
I can deal with dry heat to a degree (not Southern Arizona type of heat), but cool summer is the best thing, especially if it's dry.
Really, the nicest climates if go by overall year weather are Pacific Coast Mediterranean climates, unless it goes too far South (I didn't like San Diego climate)

Switzerland is not where you go to get rich, it is where you go if you are already rich, although the same can largely be said about anywhere in Western Europe. No white American moves to Italy or France thinking, "I am going to make it big and get rich here" but they might think, "Now that I have $22 million dollars I am going to buy a large vineyard chateau in southeastern France or in the foothills of the Italian

I spent some time in Switzerland a while ago (but not THAT long ago)...

A black friend went to a hairdresser to get his head shaved and came out looking like a hairy peach))... the hairdresser was that scared to break his black skin...

He was the only non-white in the canton most likely.

I’ve talked to a guy in Switzerland with a ton of money (two super cars). He said he doesn’t have enough money to compete.

Haha... limiting belief much??

Wasn’t his belief so much as the level of institutional generational wealth floating around financial capital cities like Zurich. His six figure income and nice cars wasn’t anything special to the average young woman.

Wasn’t his belief so much as the level of institutional generational wealth floating around financial capital cities like Zurich. His six figure income and nice cars wasn’t anything special to the average young woman.

I spent some time in Switzerland a while ago (but not THAT long ago)...

A black friend went to a hairdresser to get his head shaved and came out looking like a hairy peach))... the hairdresser was that scared to break his black skin...

He was the only non-white in the canton most likely.

Haha... limiting belief much??

In my observations and experiences nobody cares about super cars except other guys who are serious car guys.

A super car will not get you a woman for a relationship. At best it gets you a gold-digger. Most likely it gets you attention from guys who want to take photos inside of your car or who have a young son and the 6 year old boy wants a photo of himself "driving" the super car.

In my view a super-car is usually at a minimum along the lines of a Ferrari 458, so about $350,000 new. A man who has two of those with only a six figure income, it means he basically spent $700,000 to perhaps $1,500,000 on two cars, in a mountain country with a lot of snow, and yet he thought it was a good idea to spend perhaps 4-5 times his annual salary and tie that up in two cars.

I would rather take that $1,500,000 and put it into an investment that yields 15% per year and have a $45,000 dollar vehicle that I like [i.e. a truck] and enjoy the investment income as opposed to tying up the money in two cars that I can barely use.

Super cars tend not to impress women, especially in a country with so many multi-millionaires in the 8-9 figure net worth range.

A super car won't get you a date with a 22 year old who is the next Claudia Schiffer. It will get you attention from men who will eye up your car.

As of 2015-2016, not accounting for the migration invasion... 5.2% Islamic, official numbers.

When I was there in 2019 the vibe I got in the major cities was around 10% Islamic/African/Arabic/Central Asian/foreign.