Escape From 'The New Normal'?

aynrus

Pelican
That’s not accurate. A lot of them were put in a position of needing to do that because most of their other revenue streams were closed off by the government.

Its much easier to get people to do the wrong thing when you can not merely the financial incentive but also the financial need to do so.

It is true that there were executive orders and health department orders forcing to limit "non-ugent" procedures all over the place, as greedy as medical mafia is, there was big strong-arming effort by the government to prevent non-urgent care (of course non-urgent in their eyes only), here's the summary of state orders:

May I point out that the thread title is “Escaping from the New Normal?”

Evangelizing your views about whether the virus actually exists is best done In another thread.
Could not agree more. I've been biting my tongue for the past few weeks now. At least as of late actionable information gets drowned out by noise.

Easy_C

Peacock
It is true that there were executive orders and health department orders forcing to limit "non-ugent" procedures all over the place, as greedy as medical mafia is, there was big strong-arming effort by the government to prevent non-urgent care (of course non-urgent in their eyes only), here's the summary of state orders:
Without getting too specific it’s a field I’m very, very, well aware of. I have access to confidential financial records for a number of the country’s largest hospital systems (and some not so large) and all of them took massive revenue and profitability hits during 2020.

I just cannot comprehend how people ascent to this, all for a music event.

What possible value could that event offer that would make even the most ardent normie accept & go through this utter degradation?

Truly baffling.

Living under this safe-space Healthcare worshiping dystopia is utterly unconcsionable.

To those that are adamant about 'staying and fighting', how will you hope to navigate this insanity? And it's not about a (no doubt awful) music event, it's about the death of a thousand cuts gaslighting that it will entail.

Last edited:

What possible value could that event offer that would make even the most ardent normie accept & go through this utter degradation?

Truly baffling.

Living under this safe-space Healthcare worshiping dystopia is utterly unconcsionable.

To those that are adamant about 'staying and fighting', how will you hope to navigate this insanity? And it's not about a (no doubt awful) music event, it's about the death of a thousand cuts gaslighting that it will entail.

What is the logic of before and after testing))

They're worried about positive fence-jumpers?

I guess they just need to make it as uncomfortable as possible... but how do normies not smell bullshit at this point?

What is the logic of before and after testing))

They're worried about positive fence-jumpers?

I guess they just need to make it as uncomfortable as possible... but how do normies not smell bullshit at this point?

Having spoken to various friends & family back home, they will literally believe anything, anything, the Television Man tells them, at this point.

They are unwilling, cognitively unable even, to accept that their government & media have colluded to lie to them, destroy their lives, their communities, their mental well-being, their families & economy.

It reminds me of this clip from The Wire.

"If its a lie, then we fight on that lie".

Although in this instance, for 'fight', replace with 'submit'.

Fluke

Chicken
For Americans at least, the Southeast seems to be the best area as a whole. It has some of the least Covid compliance, and I think its large Christian population has a lot to do with it. Surround yourself with people that worship God, and not the State.

Other benefits are the low cost of living/housing and low taxes.
And everyone is flocking here. Moving into the area like crazy, I know the upstate of SC is buzzing with new comers.

Truly baffling.

It's literally hell on earth. But there does not seem to be a limit to the torment and cuckery British citizens are willing to endure.

Beatings will continue until moral improves.

It's literally hell on earth. But there does not seem to be a limit to the torment and cuckery British citizens are willing to endure.

Beatings will continue until moral improves.

I keep thinking that this can't be real...

Bill Gates (yes, the Microsoft guy) is out to vaccinate the planet (oh, and he's released a swarm of GMO mosquitos, been lacing Starbucks with chemicals, and has a plan in motion to destroy the food chain)...

Did I mention that his wife's a man, the po-po are wearing facial-recognition cameras, the BBC are spinning blatant lies and the PM is delivering a daily panto?...

It's literally like a nightmare it's so surreal.

When I heard Jordan Peterson say "if you keep doing what you've been doing, in 3 - 5 years you'll be in your own personal hell", I thought about NWO conspiracies...

My vision doesn't hold a candle to this though.

May as well let go entirely and act like the whole thing's a terrible lucid dream.

(By the way... fun fact you've got marginally greater chances of dying from covid than getting wrapped in your bedsheets after eating too much cheese...

You might want to fact check that though)

PS. I guess that is a little bit black pill, so the positive is if this isn't real, nothing's real, and you really can do anything. Except eat a banana in the supermarket and then refuse to pay maskless. The police didn't seem to like that much.

Last edited:

Truly baffling.

I realised my last gig ever, if it meant going or performing with DJing, would be just before the lockdowns in the UK. Myself and two friends wore N95 Masks and brought hand gel as a joke to it, thinking it would blow over. Well, we weren't wrong on the projection of the maskerade as we see globally now.

aynrus

Pelican
I've been reading on history of Mennonite and other Anabaptist migrations.
They went through a lot of big escapes from persecution, restrictive laws preventing them from living the way they want and various "Great Resets".

The whole communities were moving from Germany to Russia, Ukraine, from Russia to Canada, later from Canada to Latin America, from Russia to Latin America.
For example, they moved from Canada when Canada decided to prevent them from running their own religious schools where they could teach in German. Others moved from Russia in 1870s, when Russia removed religious objection exemption from military service (Anabaptists are pacifists). Others moved from Russia to escape communism, in 2 waves: after the Revolution and during World War 2, Nazis helping them escape.
They were successful at living wherever they went to and it's them acting as a community was what allowed that, mostly.
Interestingly, they even borrowed Soviet practice of agricultural cooperatives to run it in Latin America, which apparently contributed to their success there (at least according to their historian).

There're a lot of Russian-German Mennonite and even Amish communities in LatAm and they preserved their culture.
When they went to Paraguay back in 20th century, they were able to secure very generous exemptions from the government - from military service, permission to run own schools with own language, 10 year tax exemption, freedom of religion, allowing to use some own laws, etc.
Seems like they had negotiating power as a community.
They're peaceful people against any violence, but even most violent governments weren't able to make them assimilate or submit, and they escaped them at the first chance.
There're a lot of Anabaptist places in the US and so far even Big Tech wasnt able to make Amish use electricity or cars.

Blade Runner

Pelican
It all depends on when the next war starts. The financial collapse, which may be put off still for some time, will either precipitate the final blow to set someone's fuse off, or BTC will be the super duper threatening prospect on tap that the old regimes will go to war over. I don't know, but tracking could be big after that, or a "saviour" with peace and prosperity promised if you submit to his conditions and economic system.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
I've been reading on history of Mennonite and other Anabaptist migrations.
They went through a lot of big escapes from persecution, restrictive laws preventing them from living the way they want and various "Great Resets".

The whole communities were moving from Germany to Russia, Ukraine, from Russia to Canada, later from Canada to Latin America, from Russia to Latin America.
For example, they moved from Canada when Canada decided to prevent them from running their own religious schools where they could teach in German. Others moved from Russia in 1870s, when Russia removed religious objection exemption from military service (Anabaptists are pacifists). Others moved from Russia to escape communism, in 2 waves: after the Revolution and during World War 2, Nazis helping them escape.
They were successful at living wherever they went to and it's them acting as a community was what allowed that, mostly.
Interestingly, they even borrowed Soviet practice of agricultural cooperatives to run it in Latin America, which apparently contributed to their success there (at least according to their historian).

There're a lot of Russian-German Mennonite and even Amish communities in LatAm and they preserved their culture.
When they went to Paraguay back in 20th century, they were able to secure very generous exemptions from the government - from military service, permission to run own schools with own language, 10 year tax exemption, freedom of religion, allowing to use some own laws, etc.
Seems like they had negotiating power as a community.
They're peaceful people against any violence, but even most violent governments weren't able to make them assimilate or submit, and they escaped them at the first chance.
There're a lot of Anabaptist places in the US and so far even Big Tech wasnt able to make Amish use electricity or cars.
Are they being threatened now in Paraguay?

britguy88

Sparrow
Portugal has only been in national lockdown since mid January, not 6 months and it's now opened up except for a few municipalities. Not saying all is great here, but where I live the rules have not been strictly enforced and I rarely see any police or enforcement.

Beaches have been open all the time with people sunbathing despite stay at home message. No one seems to care, which has helped!

Has still sucked though and I am in no doubt there will be lockdowns returning this winter, right across Europe, particularly as the vaxx take up won't be as high as they want.

So I am hoping Mexico is an option or somewhere else in Central America. I have given up on Southeast Asia which would be my usual winter escape.

Tippy

Robin
Portugal has only been in national lockdown since mid January, not 6 months and it's now opened up except for a few municipalities. Not saying all is great here, but where I live the rules have not been strictly enforced and I rarely see any police or enforcement.

Beaches have been open all the time with people sunbathing despite stay at home message. No one seems to care, which has helped!

Has still sucked though and I am in no doubt there will be lockdowns returning this winter, right across Europe, particularly as the vaxx take up won't be as high as they want.

So I am hoping Mexico is an option or somewhere else in Central America. I have given up on Southeast Asia which would be my usual winter escape.

The only place in SEA that looks possible would be Vietnam. Are you not interested in that one?

zetts

Sparrow
Mexico definitely still IS an option. I myself am still in Playa del carmen and live a normal mask free life without any hassle. I'm gonna leave though, just because the culture and lifestyle isnt really my cup of tea. I think I'll try Vietnam, just not that easy getting in to. Are gyms and bars open in Vietnam, anyone there right now?