Escape From 'The New Normal'?

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
If you rule out Russia(and I assume Belarus by extension), what countries with a large Orthodox presence are left?

Serbia is at 27% vaxxed and counting so I'd count them out. Romania seems to be following suit.

So we've got what? Georgia, Bulgaria, and Moldova? People seemed pretty negative about Georgia at least.

aynrus

Pelican
If you rule out Russia(and I assume Belarus by extension), what countries with a large Orthodox presence are left?

Serbia is at 27% vaxxed and counting so I'd count them out. Romania seems to be following suit.

So we've got what? Georgia, Bulgaria, and Moldova? People seemed pretty negative about Georgia at least.
I would not rule Belarus out automatically, by extension.
Belarus might remain the kind of grey border zone, as it had been for a while, where the same hard rules don't apply.

aynrus

Pelican
Well I think the question of moving had been settled for Americans... media just started to report that Biden's climate change plan should limit Americans to one burger per month.:laughter:
I guess they'll restrict cattle production. One could still have own livestock, but very extreme land use restrictions seen all over the country here are likely to prevent this from happening for anyone other than some tiny percent of the population.

JackAn

Pigeon
9 times out of 10 it's fear of the unknow, apathy or a straight up LARP.

I will understand & respect anyone's true feelings, but i see so much ostentatious tub-thumping, often accompanied by shrill calls of 'turncoats' or 'traitors' for those that seek a life elsewhere.

Fact is everyone's different, their background, home town, family situations etc are all the major factor, as they should be.

I get it if you are from some nice countryside spot in UK, & have roots & a trade there.

I just can't understand why anyone who lives in somewhere like Reading or Birmingham or any number of miserable little multi-cult hotspots across the land, would choose to remain there.

And when they say "STAY AND FIGHT!!!!" what they really mean is stay and be slowly driven to the wider peripheries of the internet to bitterly complain & depress themselves in echo chambers.

You can't politically 'fight' this tide, not as things stand, individually or collectively. It's top down from the banks. Democracy is a sham, what on earth can you achieve, accept to risk what little freedom you currently have?

Sorry, i dont know if this might be considered "black pill", IMHO it's realism.

Find peace with Christ & try to minimalise contact with the State as much as humanly possible, is the only way to proceed.

How people hope to do the latter with such a tight & capable state infrastucture as the UK is beyond me.

Not to black pill

but, I'm in the middle of a city in the middle of England, so forgive me.

Do you know what Global means?

I keep thinking that this can't be real...

Bill Gates (yes, the Microsoft guy) is out to vaccinate the planet (oh, and he's released a swarm of GMO mosquitos, been lacing Starbucks with chemicals, and has a plan in motion to destroy the food chain)...

Did I mention that his wife's a man, the po-po are wearing facial-recognition cameras, the BBC are spinning blatant lies and the PM is delivering a daily panto?...

It's literally like a nightmare it's so surreal.

When I heard Jordan Peterson say "if you keep doing what you've been doing, in 3 - 5 years you'll be in your own personal hell", I thought about NWO conspiracies...

My vision doesn't hold a candle to this though.

May as well let go entirely and act like the whole thing's a terrible lucid dream.

(By the way... fun fact you've got marginally greater chances of dying from covid than getting wrapped in your bedsheets after eating too much cheese...

You might want to fact check that though)

PS. I guess that is a little bit black pill, so the positive is if this isn't real, nothing's real, and you really can do anything. Except eat a banana in the supermarket and then refuse to pay maskless. The police didn't seem to like that much.
chemicals in Starbucks?

If you love German culture (which is really comprised of a whole set of diverse cultures, e.g. Bavarian, Prussian, Saxon, etc.) but hate the German mentality then you may want to look at Austria as your new potential home. I spent a lot of time all over Austria and the people as a whole are absolutely lovely. Plus you can't beat the landscapes, pure heaven just about now and I'm saddened that I will once again be unable to visit this year. And guess what, the Austrians even have a sense of humor, which you as a German may have to get used to (j/k).

Otherwise debating whether not it's better to stay put or to find one's luck elsewhere: Let's keep in mind that this is a very personal decision as one man's heaven is another's purgatory. There are shades of gray between moving to Tanzania or a less pozzed Western country with EE somewhere in between.

I spent time in Munich for Octoberfest in 2019 right before this hit (very lucky). We had some German friends there and were all in a large drinking hall with hundreds of people. They were speaking English for us.
There was some gorgeous blonde in her 20s next to us. She heard us talking and said “ew English. Why?”
At first I though damn what a snot. She told me she was Austrian. Now I’m thinking maybe she was just very pro-nationalism.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
Just few days ago, a planned coup and assassination of Lukashenko were stopped, supposedly, by arresting the ones who were to do it, in Moscow. I believe this could be a fake to send a message and make Lukashenko play along with Moscow better.
(I find it a little strange that US-affiliated Belarus coup plotters would gather in Moscow, out of all places, one of them supposedly flew from the US, a triple citizen). Accumulation of Russian troops on Ukraine's border I believe also serves in part as a message with regards to Belarus.
True. I would expect them to gather in Warsaw or something. Poland is very much pro US.

aynrus

Pelican
True. I would expect them to gather in Warsaw or something. Poland is very much pro US.
Ukraine would be perfect place. Easy to get into right now and pro-NATO, at the same time little surveillance, and land border with Belarus with secret trails.
Moscow is pro-Lukashenko and super-high surveillance and high border control place, very hard to imagine them going to meet up to organize there.

El Draque

Sparrow
I absolutely agree with you. A lot of these expats are just black-pilled people that romanticize the life in 2nd and 3rd world countries. I don’t like heat, I find many poorer countries to be dirty and unorderly and deepdown I love German culture and where I come from, although many Germans are unbearable. Additionally, I want to stay somewhat well off and sustain some sort of career. So I guess it is personal preference really.

How do you envisage doing this without taking the vaccine, & all that comes with it (the controls, endless 'updates' etc)?

I spent time in Munich for Octoberfest in 2019 right before this hit (very lucky). We had some German friends there and were all in a large drinking hall with hundreds of people. They were speaking English for us.
There was some gorgeous blonde in her 20s next to us. She heard us talking and said “ew English. Why?”
At first I though damn what a snot. She told me she was Austrian. Now I’m thinking maybe she was just very pro-nationalism.

Yes she absolutely was a nationalist as English is spoken all over Berlin between leftist Germans who think it's 'cool' to not speak German. Also the fact that you met her in a Bavarian beer tent was a clue.

You should have proposed to her on the spot, in German of course.

Yeah, Austrians mostly are „snots“. I personally don‘t like e.g. Americans, fellow Brits being all loud and that either, but that was pretty rude.

Just few days ago, a planned coup and assassination of Lukashenko were stopped, supposedly, by arresting the ones who were to do it, in Moscow. I believe this could be a fake to send a message and make Lukashenko play along with Moscow better.
(I find it a little strange that US-affiliated Belarus coup plotters would gather in Moscow, out of all places, one of them supposedly flew from the US, a triple citizen). Accumulation of Russian troops on Ukraine's border I believe also serves in part as a message with regards to Belarus.

So what could that mean on the ground in Belarus, in say, 3 years?

I would not rule Belarus out automatically, by extension.
Belarus might remain the kind of grey border zone, as it had been for a while, where the same hard rules don't apply.

Just an interesting insight on Belarus...

My friend is staying in a second city there at the moment, and he tells me locals say Luka's rhetoric hasn't really changed ("we have no corona, just drink vodka!")...

But most local Belarussians believe the govt is lying to downplay the situation, that corona is serious, and that manifests as a lot of bars/retaurants being quiet, even though open, as people are voluntarily choosing to stay home.

So the mandates from the top haven't changed too much, it seems, which would negate fears that Luka has cucked to globalist influence.

Plus the thwarted assassination attempts (if legit) throw doubt on claims he's joined the dark side.

aynrus

Pelican
So what could that mean on the ground in Belarus, in say, 3 years?
It's hard to tell. Lukashenko just met with Putin after the alleged thwarted coup, and it's been announced they're moving closer to the "integration" of 2 countries, so seems like he's showing he won't resist the integration anymore.
On the other hand, there's much opposition to the integration among people.
Most likely it'll drag the same way as it's now for a while. While Putin is in power he'll probably protect Lukashenko from revolution and won't allow new elections.

What's really kind of concerning is pending currency/capital controls. Belarus is really short on dollars, first the hoax, next being hit by sanctions.
So they're getting ready to start doing currency controls again, which means prohibiting selling/buying foreign currency, control over foreign accounts. This happened there before. I'm not sure how this can affect someone living there and having foreign source of money.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
My friend is staying in a second city there at the moment, and he tells me locals say Luka's rhetoric hasn't really changed ("we have no corona, just drink vodka!")...

But most local Belarussians believe the govt is lying to downplay the situation, that corona is serious, and that manifests as a lot of bars/retaurants being quiet, even though open, as people are voluntarily choosing to stay home.

It depends on what city, I think. If it's one of the Western Belarus cities by Poland border, people there are heavily pro-EU, so I'd guess they'd be more pro-Hoax. If it's Eastern region, such as Vitebsk, it's more Russia-like place, not sure what are the attitudes there.

It's kind of fun to read all the comments on a Russian travel forum from all the proudly "fully vaccinated" as they are realizing they now have to be subjected to 2 invasive PCR tests after returning home, possibly 1 more PCR test to fly before that, and dealing with filling out multiple convoluted forms online who no one knows how to fill out correctly. All the kafkaesque form-filling has to be done online, there're no paper alternative anymore. Not using big tech, grandpa?... out of luck, shouldn't travel anymore.

Easy_C

Peacock
I absolutely agree with you. A lot of these expats are just black-pilled people that romanticize the life in 2nd and 3rd world countries. I don’t like heat, I find many poorer countries to be dirty and unorderly and deepdown I love German culture and where I come from, although many Germans are unbearable. Additionally, I want to stay somewhat well off and sustain some sort of career. So I guess it is personal preference really.
The main issue I have is that the EU is ground zero for this whole Great Reset thing. Klaus operates out of Switzerland and most of the top level EU officials hold posts with the WEF. As a result we can expect enforcement and tyranny to be particularly pronounced in the EU and were seeing it already with how the UK is more or less a fascist dictatorship where questioning the narrative or even insulting a member of a protected class like a woman can get you thrown away for years.

As decadent as the US it has one major thing going for it which is that the structure and logistics of governance there (plus the tendency of US government agencies at all levels to be staffed with low IQ, “diverse”, types who are astoundingly lazy) significantly increase the amount of time and effort needed to effectively implement a lot of the agenda items they have. Some of the things they’re trying to achieve are feasible in Europe by 2030 but insane to pull off in the US by that time.

Glad I never go to Starbucks. Their logo was enough to make me want to avoid it, not to mention all the trendy metrosexuals who frequent it. Plus, their coffee tastes burnt and even McDonalds coffee is superior.