Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Dark Sky Map

If you want to know what areas are sparsely populated, this is the way to check.

Sparsely populated areas have darker skies at night.

Teruel, Spain has some of the darkest skies in Europe, so it is indeed sparsely populated. There are some areas in SE Netherlands that are darker than the rest of the country, but over all, it's pretty bright there. Poland has some empty areas with dark skies.

The problem is, if the area is sparse enough to have dark skies, a lot of times there isn't even a close enough town to offer stores, and a decent pub. You have to really want a remote area to really live there.

Yup see my post a page or so ago. Teruel in fact is one of the least populated areas in all of Europe: 9.x people per square km which is roughly 24 people per square mile. The US has 92 inhabitants per square mile, just to give you a frame of reference.

And a store or supermarket is probably less than an hour away on average, that's doable.

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
It's official, I just booked a ticket to go to Mexico end of May.

Covid does still scare me. And when I talk to my parents, they think I am taking unnecessary risks.

There's been more and more examples of young, healthy people who can get infected and die as well. So not sure, if this is the smart move, but feels like I can wait forever if not now.

Anybody else here in Mexico??

aynrus

Pelican
Siberia is where people were sent to die. I would not recommand it to anyone as an escape.
And non-natives of Russia don't realize that brutal mosquitos and winters are going to be among the smallest of their problems in Siberia. (it was also stated here that there's humidity - by far not everywhere, there're dry and humid regions, it's a huge area of land).
There're also places without mosquitos in Siberia. But anyway, there're much bigger problems there.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
Spain is one of the most communist leaning countries in Europe. You will not find freedom there. The state will find you though.

When they started banning people from using their own solar power I lost interest. I now live quite near Spain so can pop over, but it's not somewhere I'd consider living, particularly with a future of lockdowns coming.
It's true....I know of someone living in EU illegally, through lockdowns and all... in Spain, it's "papers please" everywhere, for everything, more surveillance/control, etc they were a lot more free in France plus less cops enforcing curfews, etc. But illegal person still lives and functions through worst lockdowns, travels crossing the borders and able to find work, so they can't control everything.

aynrus

Pelican
The state of Tennessee prohibited the counties (it has 90+ counties) to create mask or any other similar mandates (capacity, etc).
Tennessee never had statewide muzzle mandate.
But most counties grabbed the power opportunity (or may be they're just that dumb and ignorant) and had these mandates in place. Mask mandates were on county level, so now these mandates had been invalidated.
Had been out yesterday, dead bodies littering the streets everywhere, sickness and plague, ambulances rushing...not. Everyone happily goes about their business maskless.

Unfortunately, governor's order ending local mandates does not apply to schools. And many schools still force the abomination onto children, it's a really heavy burden for children to bear, for the imaginary benefit of the boomers and the gluttons.

El Draque

Robin
It's true....I know of someone living in EU illegally, through lockdowns and all... in Spain, it's "papers please" everywhere, for everything, more surveillance/control, etc

100% this.

I first moved to Spain in 2014 and was amazed how many times you'd be asked to show your passport.

I'm British, as far as i'm concerned I take my passport with me for a flight, to sign a tenancy agreement, or to open a bank account that's about it. I certainly dont take it to use a gym. I remember one time i went to do a drop in class at a Yoga Centre, and was refused entry without it!

I was just laughing at the girl on reception, this typical drippy hippy bint, refusing me entry to go and do some stretching & breathing exercises cos 'no papers' lol.

They've always been like this, the Spanish. Now it'll be that culture on steroids (and vaccinations)

100% this.

I first moved to Spain in 2014 and was amazed how many times you'd be asked to show your passport.

I'm British, as far as i'm concerned I take my passport with me for a flight, to sign a tenancy agreement, or to open a bank account that's about it. I certainly dont take it to use a gym. I remember one time i went to do a drop in class at a Yoga Centre, and was refused entry without it!

I was just laughing at the girl on reception, this typical drippy hippy bint, refusing me entry to go and do some stretching & breathing exercises cos 'no papers' lol.

They've always been like this, the Spanish. Now it'll be that culture on steroids (and vaccinations)

Question - where did you move in Spain. i have never been asked here, except at the airport and the train station.

BTW, you shouldn't do yoga anyway. Be a man and hit the weights or train martial arts.

100% this.

It's strange. The last time I was there in 2017 I was never asked for papers. However I was in a business trip.

Salocin

Robin
I have a lung condition and in fact have damaged lungs, for years, yet I haven't seen any signs of this Hoax despite traveling non-stop/full-time and never wearing a dog muzzle neither using soap to wash my hands since March 2020 and doing all efforts to get this fake.
Wait. You don't use soap?

Seadog

Kingfisher
It's official, I just booked a ticket to go to Mexico end of May.

Covid does still scare me. And when I talk to my parents, they think I am taking unnecessary risks.

There's been more and more examples of young, healthy people who can get infected and die as well. So not sure, if this is the smart move, but feels like I can wait forever if not now.

Anybody else here in Mexico??

How old are you and do you have any health issues? Because honestly I don't understand the fear, unless you are very old or very sick, in which case you probably are taking a silly risk. I ran the numbers from Canada's own stats, which were (for a person in their 30s) there were about 200k cases, and 100 dead. So the likelihood provided you've already caught it across the board of dying for someone in their 30s was roughly 1 in 2000. Now, from other data I read, it said that your risk of death provided you have commodities like heart disease or obesity, increases your risk by 5x to 10x depending on the specific issue. So, again, provided I catch it, my risk of death is roughly 1 in 10000, to 1 in 20000. Where I live, roughly 1 in 10000 ppl catch it per day, and in our worst hit province, about 1 in 30 have caught it. I'll go one better and call it 1 in 10. And most of them were doing dumb things like going to night clubs or BLM rallies. So call my personal risk, is about 1 in 100k-200k. So that's grossly low since the 200k cases are low since they wouldn't catch all, but would catch(and inflate?) all deaths, I made several minimizing assumptions, and I can lower that further by several abatement measures by avoiding mostly peaceful protests.

Do people know what your risk of dying in a car crash is? Roughly 1 in 5000 per year. Cumulative over your life, about 1 in 100. My historical risk of not dying over the last year and a half, which I somehow inexplicably was able to overcome, is about the same as driving around for a week without managing to kill myself.

I saw this same silly song and dance in 2001. Terrorism killed what, like 5000 ppl in 20 years? Yet people freaked out and the world spent a trillion dollars on it.

El Draque

Robin
Question - where did you move in Spain. i have never been asked here, except at the airport and the train station.

BTW, you shouldn't do yoga anyway. Be a man and hit the weights or train martial arts.

I am talking about in gyms & facilities and for when i was teaching in companies to sign in at reception. They would ask to see paspporot every time. Ridiculous given id be going there 2-3 times weekly. Never had this in other countries to any of the same degree.

Have to laugh at your little tough guy LARP about yoga there, there's nothing wrong with stretching. I was playing football (soccer) twice a week back then, i'd go to yoga to stretch, it's great for recovery.

I've been training boxing for years too, and still do the same stretches i learnt from yoga classes as per warm up & down, at 44 and still swinging, it's suited me very well.

Not all yoga is patchouli oil scented estrogen. Go do 90 mins of Ashtanga sometime, it's a great core, recovery & stretch then any athlete would do well to incorporate into their training here & there.

Last edited:

r3d

Robin
Yoga is also proven to be an effective treatment for PTSD in war vets.

Just because it's associated with pregnant moms and annoying hippies doesn't mean there is no merit to it. Being a man is above all doing what works and is good for you despite what other people think.

A couple of decades ago you were regarded as weak if you didn't smoke. Knowing what you know today you probably still wouldn't do it and instead laugh at those fools falling for big tabacco's brainwashing.

Same with yoga.

zetts

Sparrow
So 2 "cases" this week in Da Nang are enough to close down the whole city + this time even restaurants. I was preparing to go to Vietnam but that's out of question now.

South Korea is getting even more restrictive starting Monday with mandating masks everywhere inside shops/cafes. You are meant to only take the mask down the moment you take a sip of your coffee and then put it back up properly. The development in East Asia is not very encouraging right now.

I'm probably looking towards Sweden or maybe Greece now. Does anyone have infos on mask situations in Greece/Athens? I'm reading that Athens has not mandated wearing masks and even businesses can make their own rules, but would love some first hand info.

Also, nice shill post by Kentemo in this thread :sleepy:.

JackAn

Pigeon
Yoga is also proven to be an effective treatment for PTSD in war vets.

Just because it's associated with pregnant moms and annoying hippies doesn't mean there is no merit to it. Being a man is above all doing what works and is good for you despite what other people think.

A couple of decades ago you were regarded as weak if you didn't smoke. Knowing what you know today you probably still wouldn't do it and instead laugh at those fools falling for big tabacco's brainwashing.

Same with yoga.
This is worth a read http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/yoga-and-orthodoxy.pdf

"The literal meaning of yoga is 'yoke.' It means tying your will to the serpent kundalini and raising it to Shiva and experiencing your 'true' self. All paths of yoga are interconnected like branches of a tree. A tree with roots descending into the same areas of the spiritual world. This is evident in the ancient books the Bhagavad Gita and the Yogic Sutras of Patanjali. I learned that the ultimate goal of yoga is to awaken the kundalini energy coiled at the base of the spine in the image of a serpent so that it brings you to a state whereby you realize Tat Tvam Asi.8Of course, yoga may facilitate exceptional experiences of body and mind. But so does the ingestion of mind-altering drugs, and flavorless, imperceptible poisons. Through yoga, little by little, one is harnessing shakti, which yogis refer to as the Divine Mother, the 'dark goddess' connected with other major Hindu gods. This energy isn't the Holy Spirit, and This isn't aerobics or gymnastics. Attached to this entire system are bhajans and kirtans – pagan equivalents to Orthodox Christian akathists, but for Hindu gods – as well as mantras, which are 'sacred' formulas, like calling cards or phone numbers, to the various pagan gurus and gods."

bucky

Ostrich
I am talking about in gyms & facilities and for when i was teaching in companies to sign in at reception. They would ask to see paspporot every time. Ridiculous given id be going there 2-3 times weekly. Never had this in other countries to any of the same degree.

Have to laugh at your little tough guy LARP about yoga there, there's nothing wrong with stretching. I was playing football (soccer) twice a week back then, i'd go to yoga to stretch, it's great for recovery.

I've been training boxing for years too, and still do the same stretches i learnt from yoga classes as per warm up & down, at 44 and still swinging, it's suited me very well.

Not all yoga is patchouli oil scented estrogen. Go do 90 mins of Ashtanga sometime, it's a great core, recovery & stretch then any athlete would do well to incorporate into their training here & there.
I get the religious objections to yoga from the Orthodox, but the AMOGing about it being unmanly is just silly. When I first did P90X I thought I was going to die the first time I tried the yoga workout. If any of the manly men here who put it down could get through that workout without breaking a sweat, I'd be very impressed. I can't do it anymore because of an injury, so it's kind of moot point for me, but when I was younger I found it a great compliment to weight training and HIIT. Also a pretty good way to meet girls when I was single, since the classes are usually at least 80% women.

JackAn

Pigeon
I get the religious objections to yoga from the Orthodox, but the AMOGing about it being unmanly is just silly. When I first did P90X I thought I was going to die the first time I tried the yoga workout. If any of the manly men here who put it down could get through that workout without breaking a sweat, I'd be very impressed. I can't do it anymore because of an injury, so it's kind of moot point for me, but when I was younger I found it a great compliment to weight training and HIIT. Also a pretty good way to meet girls when I was single, since the classes are usually at least 80% women.
I know there are a category of men who enjoy being in this position, but in my country we call them puffs.
downwardfacingdog.jpeg

aynrus

Pelican
So 2 "cases" this week in Da Nang are enough to close down the whole city + this time even restaurants. I was preparing to go to Vietnam but that's out of question now.

South Korea is getting even more restrictive starting Monday with mandating masks everywhere inside shops/cafes. You are meant to only take the mask down the moment you take a sip of your coffee and then put it back up properly. The development in East Asia is not very encouraging right now.
If you need a work or similar "essential travel" visa to come into Vietnam neither they offer a path to permanent residency, clearly they don't want outsiders there (hoax or not, they just don't want outsiders since no perm. residency path), it's puzzling for me why someone would go in that situation. It's 3-week quarantine now, by the way, on top of testing.
And this sounds like fun:

This is older article about quarantine conditions:
Sterilizing passports, really? Good they're not "sterilizing" the arrivals themselves yet.
If you test positive for that random toss hoax test while quarantining, what do you think can be injected into you as some kind of forced medical treatment, do you think you'd ever know the truth?

Last edited:

zetts

Sparrow
If you need a work or similar "essential travel" visa to come into Vietnam neither they offer a path to permanent residency, clearly they don't want outsiders there (hoax or not, they just don't want outsiders since no perm. residency path), it's puzzling for me why someone would go in that situation. It's 3-week quarantine now, by the way, on top of testing.
And this sounds like fun:
Yeah, I'm not looking for permanent residency right now, just for a temporary escape from crazy rules. Looking at different countries and if I like something a lot, I'll sell some property in my home country and buy wherever I like best. However an enforced quarantine is obviously unacceptable. Vietnam and Thailand have great vibes about them but it seems I need to look towards some European option.