Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Easy_C

Peacock
Thank you for the whitepill!
I think we’ll start seeing more of this going forward. Typically when you actually get a meaningful split is when some power players start to be forced out of an existing system and realize their options are either resist or be forced out.

As it becomes clear that the “Triumverate” can’t actually make good on their promises and some power players are to be tossed aside to make room for the reset those individuals will start resisting.

Blade Runner

Pelican
I think we’ll start seeing more of this going forward. Typically when you actually get a meaningful split is when some power players start to be forced out of an existing system and realize their options are either resist or be forced out.

As it becomes clear that the “Triumverate” can’t actually make good on their promises and some power players are to be tossed aside to make room for the reset those individuals will start resisting.
Will this end up setting up more regionalism around the world, ironically?

aynrus

Pelican
I'm hopeful for the Spain thing being the first sign of liberation but it might be just them temporarily releasing the grip and letting the steam out for summer, before they double down. Last summer it seemed like they were getting over the restrictions but look what came next. Plus they want to force almost all to get vaxxed, eventually, so the need some blackmailing tools like new restrictions as people are getting used to what's going on.

Last edited:

El Draque

Robin
I'm hopeful for the Spain thing being the first sign of liberation but it might be just them temporarily releasing the grip and letting the steam out for summer, before they double down. Last summer it seemed like they were getting over the restrictions but look what came next. Plus they want to force almost all to get vaxxed, eventually, so the need some blackmailing tools like new restrictions as people are getting used to what's going on.

It seems a sign of economic desperation as much as anything. However, it may make other EU countries do likewise, or who will want to visit? A case of one country breaking the line, so to speak.

I really want to start believing that with a large swathe of populations vaxxd, they are going to relax and accept a small amount of unvaxxd as 'collateral damage' and insignificant, and let the thing fade (for now at least).

Perhaps a tad more pessimistically its about earning some much needed money for local economies, and taking a little air out the tyres and having a little calm before the storm of Stage Two.

But there're no flights for the routes of interest... I thought of Turkish before but unfortunately they're banned from my route for now because of the hoax. Also, not sure how transit through Turkey will be once they reopen these flights (the only options I saw involved Turkey transfers), my bet they might require a test just for transfer and get restrictive in general.
I just passed just thru Turkey and it was no problem. No test needed for transfer and they were / are pretty chill. Way more than in December.

@Roosh I got a warning quoting some grammar rules and punctuation. English is not my native language nor am I from English speaking country and I learned it by myself mostly. I also find it ridiculous people here ratting this petty thing out.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
I just passed just thru Turkey and it was no problem. No test needed for transfer and they were / are pretty chill. Way more than in December.

@Roosh I got a warning quoting some grammar rules and punctuation. English is not my native language nor am I from English speaking country and I learned it by myself mostly. I also find it ridiculous people here ratting this petty thing out.
This is an English forum. You must be an English speaker to participate here. Minor errors are permitted, but textspeak is not allowed.

aynrus

Pelican

Good to know. Where I need to fly, flights from Turkey are banned and it will stay this way for much of the summer.

You've got to stop black pilling so much mate. You're not wrong but Madrid was a huge warning shot in front of the bow of the globalists. Let's see if we see it grow beyond the central region.

aynrus

Pelican
You've got to stop black pilling so much mate. You're not wrong but Madrid was a huge warning shot in front of the bow of the globalists. Let's see if we see it grow beyond the central region.
It's not black pilling, it's likely outcome and reality so far.
Wait until the fall and see them pull it again. The same thing happened last year in many places. They are not done, and I don't see much resistance so far.

aynrus

Pelican
Russian high-level official Medvedev (he's also former president of the country, basically Putin's puppet and decoy) hinted today that the vaxx should be made mandatory. (in Russia, there're not too many takers for the poison). They really can do it in Russia and just make it mandatory.

Russian pro-government media is nauseating dump full of incredible hoax scaremongering even now, exceeding anything ever seen on CNN. Last thing is whole 2 strains of dangerous "mold" attacking Hoax patients (that's not counting the apparent raging epidemic of "Indian black mold of the lungs" that follows hoax illness, according to them).
Slaves will always be slaves, there's no help for this, it's deeply seated stuff in the mind.
Been traveling around rural Tennessee today, hardly any muzzles left (and mostly seen on young liberals). Descendants of free people... says it all.

zetts

Sparrow
Russian high-level official Medvedev (he's also former president of the country, basically Putin's puppet and decoy) hinted today that the vaxx should be made mandatory. (in Russia, there're not too many takers for the poison). They really can do it in Russia and just make it mandatory.

Russian pro-government media is nauseating dump full of incredible hoax scaremongering even now, exceeding anything ever seen on CNN. Last thing is whole 2 strains of dangerous "mold" attacking Hoax patients (that's not counting the apparent raging epidemic of "Indian black mold of the lungs" that follows hoax illness, according to them).
Slaves will always be slaves, there's no help for this, it's deeply seated stuff in the mind.
Been traveling around rural Tennessee today, hardly any muzzles left (and mostly seen on young liberals). Descendants of free people... says it all.
This is disappointing and goes against previous accounts posted on here and alternative German media regarding the handling of "Covid" in Russia. I guess they didn't have enough buyers for the vaccine from Asia and Africa?!

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher

Yeah, Russian hospitals are nasty and indeed full of mold. But that has nothing to do with covid.

aynrus

Pelican
This is disappointing and goes against previous accounts posted on here and alternative German media regarding the handling of "Covid" in Russia. I guess they didn't have enough buyers for the vaccine from Asia and Africa?!
Well this and the other countries probably want to buy the vaxx that their Metropole (US/EU or China) will tell them to and will accept for entry.

I have read in the news that maybe Albania will allow tourists to enter without vax passport and testing. If they really do that then Albania may become our single possible vacation target. (We are not even allowed to take accomodation anywhere within Hungary without a vax card. Luckily we can still visit friends and sleep in their houses so we will not be totally stuck in the city.)

Do you know anything about Albania? Is there a place close to the beach that you would recommend for a family with little children?

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
I have read in the news that maybe Albania will allow tourists to enter without vax passport and testing. If they really do that then Albania may become our single possible vacation target. (We are not even allowed to take accomodation anywhere within Hungary without a vax card. Luckily we can still visit friends and sleep in their houses so we will not be totally stuck in the city.)

Do you know anything about Albania? Is there a place close to the beach that you would recommend for a family with little children?

I've spent some time in the North of the country which is very beautiful. There's excellent mountain hiking to be done in the region of Theth and Valbonne. When I went, it seemed the tourism industry was being very rapidly developed. Guesthouses were affordable but pleasant and hospitality was excellent in general including delicious home cooked natural food and generous servings of raki (fruit flavored brandy). Albania also has some shoreline of Lake Skadar which is very picturesque although I spent very little time there and don't know much else about visiting the region. I don't know about the beach situation but there's a lot of coastline and I imagine you can find something to your liking.

The Albanian language is of unknown origin and is not related to any other known language but if you can say hello, good day, please, thank you, etc. you'll be fine. Just something to keep in mind. I heard good things about Tirana from other travelers, but I don't care much about big capital city tourism so I never went.

Note that people still participate in blood feuds - at least this is what I was told by locals. Someone told me that their relatives had to flee certain areas fearing reprisals for some other act committed previously. Unlikely to affect you as a tourist, but it's a bit off-putting even so. It's also my understanding that Serbs are not terribly well appreciated. Kosovo is still an issue of very serious contention.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
Ksamil

Really? If I can drive there from Poland then I'll go this summer.

Last edited:
I've spent some time in the North of the country which is very beautiful. There's excellent mountain hiking to be done in the region of Theth and Valbonne. When I went, it seemed the tourism industry was being very rapidly developed. Guesthouses were affordable but pleasant and hospitality was excellent in general including delicious home cooked natural food and generous servings of raki (fruit flavored brandy). Albania also has some shoreline of Lake Skadar which is very picturesque although I spent very little time there and don't know much else about visiting the region. I don't know about the beach situation but there's a lot of coastline and I imagine you can find something to your liking.

The Albanian language is of unknown origin and is not related to any other known language but if you can say hello, good day, please, thank you, etc. you'll be fine. Just something to keep in mind. I heard good things about Tirana from other travelers, but I don't care much about big capital city tourism so I never went.

Note that people still participate in blood feuds - at least this is what I was told by locals. Someone told me that their relatives had to flee certain areas fearing reprisals for some other act committed previously. Unlikely to affect you as a tourist, but it's a bit off-putting even so. It's also my understanding that Serbs are not terribly well appreciated. Kosovo is still an issue of very serious contention.

I have been to that area twice, the nature is out of this world, and the mountain farm food is pure heaven, people in the west will never taste such quality in their lives. I'm tempted t go back and hike longer.

The place got very touristy in 2019 but I'm pretty sure its back to pre-2018 levels now.

Keep in mind the beaches are without life guards at least most of them. Most people visit the southern coast because it is scenic. The beaches in central and northern Albania are conventianal, sandy and regular water color, in the south they look like those in Greece, Accommodations are everywhere along the coast, the only thing I do for any place I travel to is read the review comments and avoid hotels with bad reviews.

generous servings of raki (fruit flavored brandy).
I have read that most people in Albania are muslim. Is consumption of alcohol legal?
We love to do hiking but our range is very limited because we have to carry the youngest one (12km is our record until now). Is there any track that you would really recommend?
Thanks, I check the videos!
Keep in mind the beaches are without life guards at least most of them. Most people visit the southern coast because it is scenic. The beaches in central and northern Albania are conventianal, sandy and regular water color, in the south they look like those in Greece
Bays with shallow water are ideal for us due to the children. I would look for the most children friendly beach possible. I don't mind if there is no life guard. We used to go to Lopar in Croatia where there is no infrastructure and we had to go about 1km on foot to access the beach.