Escape From 'The New Normal'?

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member
Albania looks outstanding. Thanks for the videos. Can’t believe it doesn’t get more pub.

It's very underrated and quite the hidden gem.

I guess that the reason it's not a more popular destination is because their tourism promotion and marketing activities suck and their infrastructure is underdeveloped. There's also the issue that most Europeans associate Albanians with being gimmegrants and with organized crime (organ trafficking, drug trade), so why would you want to visit their homecountry.
Just a bad image overall.

Dilated

Woodpecker

I guess that the reason it's not a more popular destination is because their tourism promotion and marketing activities suck and their infrastructure is underdeveloped. There's also the issue that most Europeans associate Albanians with being gimmegrants and with organized crime (organ trafficking, drug trade), so why would you want to visit their homecountry.
I blame the movie ‘Taken’

That is true, but how many people know of Montenegro? Or mainland western Greece? Both of these are super beautiful too, yet people go only where it is prestigious (social credit score), even in Greece people go to Santorini? LOL I never understood that, Santorini is mediocre compared to western Greece.
Take a look at the island of Lefkada, pure heaven and yet uncrowded, how can that be.

Montenegro

zamfir112

Woodpecker
Most of Asia is fucked. Phillipines is THE most covid propaganda country in the world. Its been under different types of lockdown for 15 months now. The leaders are nut cases. in Palawan its under Hard lockdown recently . Thailand is pretty much fucked as well. Vietnam is shut.malysia a lot of covid propaganda too. . It seems Mexico is the only decent place remaining

Tippy

Woodpecker
Most of Asia is fucked. Phillipines is THE most covid propaganda country in the world. Its been under different types of lockdown for 15 months now. The leaders are nut cases. in Palawan its under Hard lockdown recently . Thailand is pretty much fucked as well. Vietnam is shut.malysia a lot of covid propaganda too. . It seems Mexico is the only decent place remaining
Is Mexico actually a decent place to live though ?

I've heard it is overrun with drug gangs.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Weird how of all the Balkan countries, Serbia has so many restrictions... from the look of it on paper at least, it seems horrible. Anyone on the ground care to shed some light on the situation?

aynrus

Pelican
Weird how of all the Balkan countries, Serbia has so many restrictions... from the look of it on paper at least, it seems horrible. Anyone on the ground care to shed some light on the situation?
There're a couple things:
1) Serbia really wants to show EU that it's following its orders. And EU orders were harsh lockdowns and high vaxx rate. Right now Serbia is giving 25 euros to anyone who'd get vaxxed. Current Serbian government badly wants the country to join the EU. They were set for 2025 joining date, but Kosovo situation is preventing this. My guess is Serbian government is trying to use the hoax restrictions as payment for some Kosovo concessions.

2) Serbia was central/dominant country of Communist Yugoslavia. Other countries, such as Croatia, were/are against Communists and Russia (Serbia is pro-Russia and was pro-USSR) and Croatia had their people fighting on the side of Nazis in WW2. Serbia is different from countries like Croatia. You have to look at history of Balkans and Yugoslavia to see where it all is coming from. Serbian mandatory adult vaccination law is straight USSR/Yugoslavia/Communist stuff.

aynrus

Pelican
Apparently, Austria and Germany require people who're flying in (seems like even for transiting) to wear only FFP2 masks on board and in the airports. These are letting even less air through than surgical or fabric masks. Bad places to transfer.
I didn't realize that Austria and Germany in general mandated FFP2 everywhere, in shops too, not just masks.
Remembering good old tradition of gas chambers, I guess.

r3d

Woodpecker
Apparently, Austria and Germany require people who're flying in (seems like even for transiting) to wear only FFP2 masks on board and in the airports. These are letting even less air through than surgical or fabric masks. Bad places to transfer.
I didn't realize that Austria and Germany in general mandated FFP2 everywhere, in shops too, not just masks.

There is a corruption scandal revolving around ordering too many FFP2 masks (and paying a fortune for them). That's why they mandated them.

It's so laughable what they call politics these days.

KantPost

Sparrow
It's so laughable what they call politics these days.
agreed. and at the same time this has always been politics. Democracy is a transfer phase, a process of power transfer from Christian monarch to jewish oligarch. It always has been an absurd charade and parody of justice only today it is more and more difficult to hide it.
With monarchy there is always a risk that you will have a mad or weak king. With democracy there is always a risk you will have a good leader.

yah, these are bad places. I would avoid them at all cost.
@aynrus How does Russia fare these days? My friend there told me its pretty free now of covaids plandemic.

aynrus

Pelican
yah, these are bad places. I would avoid them at all cost.
@aynrus How does Russia fare these days? My friend there told me its pretty free now of covaids plandemic.
2 PCR tests to return to the country since May 1. Police visits returned to the country with checks. Aeroflot requires not only surgical mask but gloves too at all times. Mandatory gloves in public places in Moscow. Mandatory vaxxing started to get discussed by high officials 5 days ago and mainstream media is full of scamdemic scares like nothing ever seen on CNN. I wouldn't call it free from scamdemic.

Last edited:
2 PCR tests to return to the country since May 1. Police visits returned to the country with checks. Aeroflot requires not only surgical mask but gloves too at all times. Mandatory gloves in public places in Moscow. Mandatory vaxxing started to get discussed by high officials 5 days ago and mainstream media is full of scamdemic scares like nothing ever seen on CNN. I wouldn't call it free from scamdemic.
No, that indeed sounds pretty bad. My friend is outside Moscow. Maybe its better there. But overall it does not sound appealing at all. I guess she would like to lure me there ;)

Tippy

Woodpecker
Albania looks outstanding. Thanks for the videos. Can’t believe it doesn’t get more pub.
It is still one of the more open countries though their vax rate has suddenly jumped up in the last few days. Looks to be a very pro vax country even though their covid numbers are very low.