Escape From 'The New Normal'?

aynrus

Pelican
Here's bad news from Russia...
In Sevastopol (it's in Crimea) since mid-July hotels will accept only the vaxxed (or with positive antibodies test result). They used to accept either the vaxxed or anyone with negative PCR test, but soon it'll be only the vaxxed. I hope it's not a pilot run of what's to come everywhere in Russia...

They're actually considering requiring anyone to be vaxxed to enter Crimea (top tourism region), and some want to expand this to all domestic tourism. Will just lead to bribery system and people staying in private accommodations instead of hotels.

This is one time where CNN is telling the truth...de facto compulsory vaccinations in Moscow region. (RIP Moscow my homeland, not livable anymore)

Last edited:
US just banned airline ticket sales to Belarus, including indirect flights with transfers.
I've been in the woods for over a month, camping and exploring all the nature places in the US I haven't seen yet (no masks anywhere in towns where I come out to resupply, it's been a while since I've seen a mask outside of National parks where some shop employees wore them, in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota). Then, I finally get online after a month, check the news and see this - they're trying to block travel to Belarus. "Free country?"
And pretty shocked to learn people still wear masks in stores, it's like reading about another world, on another planet.
I even hit a mall in Montana to pick up Amazon order from the locker and haven't seen one mask there.
Pretty sickening. Was that not the case with cuba for decades before?

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
I don't think Mexico will be a solution to any of this unless you have good contacts there and have proper funds at your disposal to at least buy a house. They can mandate anything but you have to realize that you should never accept some things and hold your ground no matter the threat. If they come for you make sure you take some of them with you.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
how is mexico currently?
France PM is talking about mandatory vaxx for anyone above 24yo.
I think I'm gonna flee very soon.
Yes, I saw this on RT news. They're considering mandatory vaxx and another thing mentioned was that they want to be shutting down hoax testing facilities to make it hard for people to travel or get a test if they're required for other reasons, so that they'd be forced to get vaxxed.
I thought about this all along, that they'd try to close testing sites while keeping "test or vaxx" requirements.

aynrus

Pelican
Pretty sickening. Was that not the case with cuba for decades before?
Cuba, yes, and just up until recently there were US total travel bans on citizens visiting multiple countries (Biden revoked the bans). Not just bans on buying air tickets, but bans on anyone with US passport traveling to those countries by any means or route.

Even with Cuba travel ban lifted earlier, apparently there's stealth ban still going:
The current regulation does not prohibit travel by U.S. citizens to Cuba per se, but it makes it illegal for U.S. citizens to have transactions (spend money or receive gifts) in Cuba under most circumstances without a US government Office of Foreign Assets Control issued license.[27] Since even paying unavoidable airfare ticket taxes into a Cuban airport would violate this transaction law, it is effectively impossible for ordinary tourists to visit Cuba without breaking the monetary transaction rule.

I think there's similar US ban on transactions in Crimea right now.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Here's bad news from Russia...
In Sevastopol (it's in Crimea) since mid-July hotels will accept only the vaxxed (or with positive antibodies test result). They used to accept either the vaxxed or anyone with negative PCR test, but soon it'll be only the vaxxed. I hope it's not a pilot run of what's to come everywhere in Russia...

They're actually considering requiring anyone to be vaxxed to enter Crimea (top tourism region), and some want to expand this to all domestic tourism. Will just lead to bribery system and people staying in private accommodations instead of hotels.

This is one time where CNN is telling the truth...de facto compulsory vaccinations in Moscow region. (RIP Moscow my homeland, not livable anymore)
''Look at Russia, it's so free there! Nothing has changed, everything is normal! Parks are full of people!''

aynrus

Pelican

aynrus

Pelican

Dude seems to enjoy his life.

There's also this ultra-based guy:

Yeah....couple of years ago the dude nearly died from brain encephalitis and borelliosis at the same time, caused by the tick bite, as he wasn't vaccinated against encephalitis. Somehow he thought it was a bright idea to live in Siberia out in the country without this.

Most ticks in Siberia carry tick-borne encephalitis, Far-eastern strain (Eastern Siberia) has up to 50% mortality. Mid-Siberian strain is milder but still real bad. Like doctors say in Russia: 1) if you die from encephalitis you're probably lucky, as otherwise you'd likely end up paralyzed, blind, mentally disabled, a vegetable or an idiot 2) vaccine prevents you from dying but doesn't protect one from becoming paralyzed.
It affects not the vulnerable, but everyone, in fact the younger the better. Most people in Siberia are immune, vaccinated against it or grew up in a village drinking raw milk getting natural vaxx early.

That dude constantly posts how he's getting ripped off/cheated by Russians, like being sold bad horses or rotten hay, and that's how it rolls there.
He runs a little slavery operation on his land in Altai mountains - he invites volunteers to work on his farm and wants them to work 9 hour days for nothing, just some crappy food and sleeping in a shed or own tent (the norm is 4-5 hours worldwide).

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
This goes without comment (for anyone who still has their illusions):

That's the Rockefeller World Council of Churches speaking.

Edin

Robin
This goes without comment (for anyone who still has their illusions):

I follow no church. The biggest disappointment for me was when I saw these monks from Athos wearing masks and talking about jabs. They literally live under an isolation and are still scared. Pathetic!

Tippy

Robin
Just got back from a glorious 5 weeks in Albania.

No masks.

Sure there was an 'official mask mandate' but I soon realised that for this country, it meant nothing. Just to look good to other countries from the outside.

Same with the curfew.

For the 5 weeks, I forgot about covid.

I interviewed a bit for a potential future wife (unfortunately, 5 weeks was not long enough to establish such a connection). I went out and socialized with local people.

I just lived my life.

Now I am back in the UK. The government call me everyday to check on me. I have already taken two tests (both negative). I need to take one more still...

I am really questioning my judgement on coming back here. I understand being a permanent guest is not paradise either. But this is just awful.

I don't have any hopes for 'freedom day.' It will just be used as a way to get the cases up so we can be punished for it later on.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
Just got back from a glorious 5 weeks in Albania.

No masks.

Sure there was an 'official mask mandate' but I soon realised that for this country, it meant nothing. Just to look good to other countries from the outside.

Same with the curfew.

For the 5 weeks, I forgot about covid.

I interviewed a bit for a potential future wife (unfortunately, 5 weeks was not long enough to establish such a connection). I went out and socialized with local people.

I just lived my life.

Now I am back in the UK. The government call me everyday to check on me. I have already taken two tests (both negative). I need to take one more still...

I am really questioning my judgement on coming back here. I understand being a permanent guest is not paradise either. But this is just awful.

I don't have any hopes for 'freedom day.' It will just be used as a way to get the cases up so we can be punished for it later on.
Any requirements for entering Albania?

Tippy

Robin
So now I have a monumental life decision to make.

Stay in the UK and try to settle down here with a conventional job (which will involve going back to university)

Or live a nomadic lifestyle in Balkans without much money/safety net but at least some freedom.

Tough call.

hkhathaj

Woodpecker
Stay in the UK and try to settle down here with a conventional job (which will involve going back to university)

Or live a nomadic lifestyle in Balkans without much money/safety net but at least some freedom.
Is it not possible to settle down in the Balkans with a conventional job? Are there no Universities there? The "decent middle class" lifestyle is also available on the Balkans.

I think I would probably leave the UK if lived there and I had no family. But I would try to learn a profession in my new home. Study something that is useful for people and there will be demand for that even in case of the worst of out predictions become a reality.