Eschatology: Mark of the Beast, Great Tribulation, Second Coming

Papist

Robin
Below is a passage from: HUMANUM GENUS - ENCYCLICAL OF POPE LEO XIII ON FREEMASONRY APRIL 20, 1884

"Two loves formed two cities: the love of self, reaching even to contempt of God, an earthly city; and the love of God, reaching to contempt of self, a heavenly one."[1] At every period of time each has been in conflict with the other, with a variety and multiplicity of weapons and of warfare, although not always with equal ardor and assault. At this period, however, the partisans of evil seems to be combining together, and to be struggling with united vehemence, led on or assisted by that strongly organized and widespread association called the Freemasons. No longer making any secret of their purposes, they are now boldly rising up against God Himself. They are planning the destruction of holy Church publicly and openly, and this
with the set purpose of utterly despoiling the nations of Christendom, if it were possible, of the blessings obtained for us through Jesus Christ
our Savior. Lamenting these evils, We are constrained by the charity which urges Our heart to cry out often to God: "For lo, Thy enemies have
made a noise; and they that hate Thee have lifted up the head. They have taken a malicious counsel against Thy people, and they have consulted
against Thy saints. They have said, 'come, and let us destroy them, so that they be not a nation'."[2]

Continues: http://www.catholicapologetics.info/thechurch/encyclicals/leoXIII.txt

Marmion

Pigeon
This is an excellent four-part sermon series on the Antichrist and the End of Times, originally given by Bp. Sanborn 2012:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Excellent Video which explains how this vaccine may very well be the Mark.

-The old covenant had a physical temple.
- Blood sacrafices were made to ball, children were sacraficed. When the Temple was corrupted, God's wrath was felt.
- In the New Covenant, that temple is spiritual, it dwells within us.
- Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:19
- Now the devil wants to corrput the Temple, the physical body and spirit that dwells within us. 1 Corinthians 6:19
- Support for Merchants and Sorcerers (Pharmakeia) tricking the people in end times is supported in Revelation 18:23
- The doctors who do abortion are the modern day Priests of Baal sacraficing children. Now they want to bring this blood into the Temple? Should we follow them?

*Note: I am Catholic, this video is not created by a Catholic and this does shine through, but the idea that there could be Apostasy in end times in Rome is not excluded from Catholic eschatology and has been foretold by Saints.

Last edited:

RKS

Sparrow

What Does 666 Mean?​

According to the last book in the Bible, 666 is the number, or name, of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns that comes out of the sea. (Revelation 13:1, 17, 18) This beast is a symbol of the worldwide political system, which rules over “every tribe and people and tongue and nation.” (Revelation 13:7) The name 666 identifies the political system as a gross failure in God’s sight. How?

More than a label. Names given by God have meaning. For example, God gave the man Abram, which means “Father Is High (Exalted),” the name Abraham, which means “Father of a Crowd (Multitude),” when God promised that He would make Abraham “a father of many nations.” (Genesis 17:5) Likewise, God named the beast 666 as a symbol of its defining attributes.

The number six implies imperfection. Often, numbers are used as symbols in the Bible. Seven typically represents completeness or perfection. Six, being one short of seven, can denote something incomplete or flawed in God’s eyes, and it can be associated with God’s enemies.—1 Chronicles 20:6; Daniel 3:1.

Three times for emphasis. The Bible sometimes stresses a matter by stating it three times. (Revelation 4:8; 8:13) So the name 666 powerfully emphasizes that God views human political systems as gross failures. They have been unable to bring lasting peace and security—things that only God’s Kingdom will achieve.

The mark of the beast​

The Bible says that people receive “the mark of the wild beast” because they follow it “with admiration,” to the point of worshipping it. (Revelation 13:3, 4; 16:2) They do this by giving worshipful honor to their country, its symbols, or its military might. As The Encyclopedia of Religion states: “Nationalism has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world.” *

How is the mark of the beast placed on someone’s right hand or forehead? (Revelation 13:16) Regarding his commands to the nation of Israel, God said: “Bind them as a reminder on your hand, and they should be like a headband on your forehead.” (Deuteronomy 11:18) This meant, not that the Israelites were to mark their literal hands and foreheads, but that God’s words would guide all their actions and thoughts. Likewise, rather than being something literal such as a 666 tattoo, the mark of the beast symbolically identifies those who let the political system rule their lives. Those with the mark of the beast place themselves in opposition to God.—Revelation 14:9, 10; 19:19-21.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

- Blood sacrafices were made to ball, children were sacraficed. When the Temple was corrupted, God's wrath was felt.
- Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:19
- Now the devil wants to corrput the Temple, the physical body and spirit that dwells within us. 1 Corinthians 6:19
- Support for Merchants and Sorcerers (Pharmakeia) tricking the people in end times is supported in Revelation 18:23
- The doctors who do abortion are the modern day Priests of Baal sacraficing children. Now they want to bring this blood into the Temple? Should we follow them?

*Note: I am Catholic, this video is not created by a Catholic and this does shine through, but the idea that there could be Apostasy in end times in Rome is not excluded from Catholic eschatology and has been foretold by Saints.

I don't think the vaccine is the mark. The mark will give people a choice to take it or not (worship the antichrist/Satan, if not you'll lose access to finances etc.). You will not be lured into taking the mark unknowingly of what you're doing, as most people are now with the vaccine. That's my take on it. Now what is logical is that the vaccine is a preface to the mark. So the system that is being set up will eventually result in the mark, that most people especially secular will happily take cause they'll be lured into it by becoming a superhuman to some extent. Those who don't comply will lose access to their finances etc., hence they won't be able to make a living. We see that exclusion too now on the level of restaurants and so on, so again this is the starting level but I don't think there's any rational explanation not to think that the global system that's being set up is to some level the preface to the eventual end time scenario that requires a global system and full control by the elite.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I don't think the vaccine is the mark. The mark will give people a choice to take it or not (worship the antichrist/Satan, if not you'll lose access to finances etc.). You will not be lured into taking the mark unknowingly of what you're doing, as most people are now with the vaccine. That's my take on it. Now what is logical is that the vaccine is a preface to the mark. So the system that is being set up will eventually result in the mark, that most people especially secular will happily take cause they'll be lured into it by becoming a superhuman to some extent. Those who don't comply will lose access to their finances etc., hence they won't be able to make a living. We see that exclusion too now on the level of restaurants and so on, so again this is the starting level but I don't think there's any rational explanation not to think that the global system that's being set up is to some level the preface to the eventual end time scenario that requires a global system and full control by the elite.
Well, I always look at it this way. Satan is always trying to imitate God's glory. God promises us, "eternal life" through his son Jesus. The devil, knowing this, will most likely try to sell eternal life here on earth without actually having to die.

I figure an, "Altered Carbon" type of existence is what the devil has in store. A way to, "capture" the essence of a soul and trap it here in this world using some sort of technology quantum or otherwise. The, "lose access to your finances" side of things is how he will entice the secular normies.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

I do not believe that the vaccine is the Mark of the Beast -- however, it is a 'type' of mark, grooming people to accept the ultimate Mark.

The Beast and the Anti-Christ need to come into being before all of this though. I do not think the Anti-Christ has come to power yet.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I agree with this. It seems to me that the mark will involve some kind of technology, such as a microchip, although the details can't be known at this time. However, I do not think microchips are evil, even if implanted in the body. I think that when the mark of the beast actually becomes a reality, it will be the purpose and meaning behind the mark that makes it evil, not the prosaic technology used to implement it. The technology is neither good or evil. It is the knowing acceptance of the Beast's mark that will be evil.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Here is another way of looking at this topic: Jesus told us that the spirit of antichrist is already in the world.

So, for 2000 years, we've have:
(1) antichrists;
(2) false prophets; and
(3) marks of antichrists.

History has many antichrists (and #2-3). I believe this is agreed in Orthodoxy, Catholicism and Protestantism. The difficulty comes in identifying "The" final Antichrist, False Prophet and Mark.

The key to this dilemma is our Lord's command to stay vigilant. Put differently, following an antichrist (ex: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc...) is just as damning as following The Antichrist. Similarly, following false prophets (ex: Darwin, Marx/Engels, Nietzsche, BLM, etc..) is just as damning as following The False Prophet and his doctrines. Finally, taking a mark of the antichrist (ex: Swastika, Red Armband, the Clot Shot), is just as damning without repentance as taking The Mark (which we cannot repent of).

So, if we are vigilant in our Faith and remain open to the Holy Spirit, God will allow us to resist not only the petty antichrists, but The Antichrist when he appears. The corollary is this: if you have fallen away from the Faith and your heart has hardened towards the Holy Spirit, you will be in grave danger of following the World and being dazzled by the tricks and falsehoods of the antichrist spirit.

I found that this video NickK posted explained well the antichrist spirit and the need for discernment in all things:

NikAugust

Chicken
Here is another way of looking at this topic: Jesus told us that the spirit of antichrist is already in the world.

So, for 2000 years, we've have:
(1) antichrists;
(2) false prophets; and
(3) marks of antichrists.

History has many antichrists (and #2-3). I believe this is agreed in Orthodoxy, Catholicism and Protestantism. The difficulty comes in identifying "The" final Antichrist, False Prophet and Mark.

The key to this dilemma is our Lord's command to stay vigilant. Put differently, following an antichrist (ex: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc...) is just as damning as following The Antichrist. Similarly, following false prophets (ex: Darwin, Marx/Engels, Nietzsche, BLM, etc..) is just as damning as following The False Prophet and his doctrines. Finally, taking a mark of the antichrist (ex: Swastika, Red Armband, the Clot Shot), is just as damning without repentance as taking The Mark (which we cannot repent of).

So, if we are vigilant in our Faith and remain open to the Holy Spirit, God will allow us to resist not only the petty antichrists, but The Antichrist when he appears. The corollary is this: if you have fallen away from the Faith and your heart has hardened towards the Holy Spirit, you will be in grave danger of following the World and being dazzled by the tricks and falsehoods of the antichrist spirit.

I found that this video NickK posted explained well the antichrist spirit and the need for discernment in all things:
Yeah this seems like a good way to discern things rather than to look to anyone person as THE antichrist or anyone thing as THE sign of the end.

I think that the shadow government that runs the world is populated by a fair amount of gnostics who basically view Christians as stupid and they like to put out things that resemble 'the mark of the beast' just to scare them and mock them.

By the way, can anyone explain to me any dogmatic part of Christian doctrine that rules out the possibility that the world is eternal?

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Yeah this seems like a good way to discern things... the shadow government that runs the world ... view Christians as stupid and they like to put out things that resemble 'the mark of the beast' just to scare them and mock them.

By the way, can anyone explain to me any dogmatic part of Christian doctrine that rules out the possibility that the world is eternal?
If we (1) maintain a relationship with Christ through the Holy Spirit, and (2) always put Him first in our lives, then it will be easy to reject the Antichrist. You can only serve one Master. God loves us as His children and will seal us with His mark.

Once that choice is clear, then the next question is the worldly cost you will pay to follow Christ (since the World hated Him first, they will hate His followers as well). This burden may be lighter for some than others. But, we must be willing to "carry our Cross" as Jesus did.

They mocked Jesus at his Crucifixion (and His ministry). We must be prepared for similar mockery. God permits such things so that we can be refined spiritually.

Remember: such things are trivial compared to the Final (Dread) Judgment. The wheat will be sifted and the chaff will be burned. God is loving, but Just.

Finally, to your last question about the world passing or being eternal, just read Revelations 21. It is interesting to note that the environmental PsyOps ("Save the Planet") seeks to invert our proper relationship with a doomed planet set to be judged. We cannot save ourselves. Only God can save Man.

I want to point out one clear and very logical thing. The Vaccine CAN NOT be the Mark..... because you have to recieve it on the forehead or hand. The Vaccine is recieved on the upper ARM. So this question is solved.... unless somebody explains it spiritually, like that arm could mean "things you do".... or greek language details maybe..... but its surely a precursor.

Last edited:

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
If the vaccine is supposed to be the mark, then how does the number 666 as well as the mark being on the forehead fit into that theory?
Traditionally 666 is believed to have referred to either Nero or Domitian, depending on whether the interpreter believed the Book of Revelation was written according to either the early dating or late dating theory of its origin. Fr. Patrick Henry Reardon has argued, I think successfully, that Revelation was meant to be understood by at least some of its audience at the time and was not intended to be a cryptic puzzle only able to be deciphered thousands of years later.

Traditionally 666 is believed to have referred to either Nero or Domitian, depending on whether the interpreter believed the Book of Revelation was written according to either the early dating or late dating theory of its origin. Fr. Patrick Henry Reardon has argued, I think successfully, that Revelation was meant to be understood by at least some of its audience at the time and was not intended to be a cryptic puzzle only able to be deciphered thousands of years later.

Since 6 is the day that man is created and 7 represents the completion of creation and perfection. It may also symbolize the triumph of God's perfection over the imperfection of Man and Satan's attempts to overthrow his plan.

newcomer

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Reminds me of the lyrics:

If man is five
then the devil is six
and if the devil is six
then God is seven

Not exactly right, as according to the Scripture the six is number of man also, but I really liked this part of the song before looking more into christianity.