ESPN documentary on Duke Lacrosse Rape Hoax

ESPN just aired a documentary on the Duke Lacrosse rape hoax. I haven't watched it but based on the reactions on Twitter it seemed to do a good job in telling the truth which in itself is shocking considering it was aired by ESPN a major pusher of SJW propoganda. I haven't seen the doc but I have read the great book "Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case" by KC Johnson so I am very well versed in the story.

I just want to highlight this one specific article to show the absolute unwillingness of SJWs to budge even a little bit even when faced with overwhelming evidence. They truely are insane.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto..._real_villains_in_the_duke_lacrosse_case.html

Written by one Christina Cauterucci who after a brief scan of her previous articles its a raging feminist SJW, it shows a amazing lack of humanity.

Watching the scandal unfold a decade later, viewers will undoubtedly spend much of the film trying to pinpoint where it all went wrong, where the momentum of a country hungry for justice overtook any serious investigation of the alleged crime. (All three players were cleared of the crimes in court and in overwhelming public opinion, though Mangum still maintains that she was assaulted.
Of course everyone here knows the answer. It was a perfect storm of rampant ideological bias mixed with a piece of trash district attorney who used the case to pander to the African-American community so he could get elected.

And notice the writer still needs to add the disclaimer that the Mangum maintains she was assaulted aka "no woman ever lies about rape no matter how fantastic her story". If you read the book "Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse" by KC Johson it tells you that Mangum was a drug user, clearly mentally ill and is currently serving time for second degree murder.

Even so, it’s a bizarre experience to watch a documentary that expects the viewer to root for a bunch of accused rapists
Incredibly she still calls them "accused rapists". This would be like watching a doc on the Salem Witch Trials and saying its hard to root for a bunch of accused witches.

But the underdogs who eke out a well-deserved win in this sports flick are actually a bunch of wealthy white guys who ended up with multimillion-dollar settlements from Duke and jobs in investment banking
Now lets break this down. Ignoring the snide attitude this is technically true. Their ethnicity is irrelevant but it is true they were never physically harmed or spent a day in prison. They got a ton of money out of it.

Here is my rebuttal

1. I would like to see Christina Cauterucci go through what those lacrosse players did in seeing practically everyone in their community turn on them, be subject to a combined feminist/SJW/African-American hatemob, be forever branded as rapists regardless of their exoneration that will live on via the internet and the torment of not being sure of the outcome until the very end as opposed to people in hindsight who can so flippantly dismiss it because the outcome has been settled and justice has been done.

It goes without saying that SJWs hatred of men and white and especially white men is so visceral they cannot show a ounce of compassion for those falsely accused and getting a payout that Duke University deserved to pay out after their pathetic handling of the case and inability to defend its students basic rights. Mangum was not a Duke student.

2. What most people dont think about is that for every one Duke Lacrosse case where there is a happy ending there is proabably hundreds of thousands of cases where falsey accused men DONT get justice because they can't afford the best attorneys. The Duke Lacrosse players had the best lawyers and even then it looked dicey because the District Attorney was so evil. But why should we get mad at these guys who were fortunate to have the resources to defend themselves properly? The real villians are a society that puts men of the lower economic classes with little chance of properly defending themselves because of the ideology pushed by upper class white women called feminism. And lets not forget that black men, hispanic men, those "people of color" that SJWs claim to love so much are just as much risk if not more from false rape allegations.

The lacrosse team did have that party with those dancers, whom they paid with the money the school gave them to subsidize their meals during their on-campus spring break. Players did use racial slurs to describe Mangum and her fellow dancer. One did write an email less than an hour after the alleged attack that said, at the next party with strippers, “I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the[y] walk in and proceding to cut their skin off while cumming in my duke issue spandex.” Nifong and his enablers did the three indicted players a grave injustice, but it’s hard to muster a full 90 minutes of righteous anger on their behalf.
Here we see the absolute hypocrisy of this feminist. The same people who screech non stop about "victim blaming" blame the victims.

1. "Lets not feel sorry for them since they had a stripper party".

2. Cauterucci convinently leaves out that the players made those "racial slurs" only in response to being provoked by the stripper Mangum's taunt of "little dick white boy". The exact words were "we wanted a white girl not a nigger". Unfortunate but I think pretty much in line with human nature when one is angered.

3. The infamous "I plan on killing the bitches" line was told in jest that's modeled after a line from American Psycho. Again unfortunate but context is important.

In short the writer demands she cannot feel righteous anger for these guys because they're flawed only the most perfect victims will suffice to make her feel moved I guess.

Of course the SJWs simply cannot accept they are wrong in any scenario so they badgered the director of the documentary to make it clear this incident be self-contained and never used to invoke other instances where innocent men could be falsely accused of rape.

Fantastic Lies director Marina Zenovich seems to be aware of that trend, which could color her film’s reception. She writes:

I…want to emphasize that this film focuses on a case where men where falsely accused and where a DA engaged in serious professional misconduct. This should not in any way detract from the fact that the vast majority of reports of sexual assault are true. To use this case as representative of a wider issue would be a profound injustice to the real victims who have the courage to come forward.
So when Dylan Roof or some other white psycho mass shooter that happens to be white does something its a reflection on all white people and gun owners but stories like this must never be used as a example. The double standard is obvious. People make analogies to better explain things to other people. SJWs set arbitrary rules when this should and should not be allowed. A Trump-Hitler comparison is great. A Duke Lacrosse comparison to any other sexual assault case is illegitimate no matter what.

Instead, the case should be a reminder of the danger of hanging all hopes for race, gender, and class restitution on a perfect story that might not hold up. “Every person with every agenda wanted it to be true,” says the mother of indicted player Reade Seligmann in the film. Thanks to the bungled misdeeds of a media-happy district attorney with an eye on his own reelection campaign, they got no catharsis—they got scammed.
In other words feminists have a annoying tendency to pick high profile rape stories that end up being hoaxes that blow up in their face (UVA, Duke). Next time they should be sure to pick one that is actually true so they can use that to push their police state policies.

The Slate writer

Attachments

iamdegaussed

Kingfisher
Excellent post. I'll be sure to catch the documentary some time this week if I have time.

To this day you can still find people that are ignorant about the outcome of the case and still think the Duke players did it.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I read somewhere that a Duke professor actually told the mom of one of the accused players that her son was, "a filthy animal", then later refused to apologize after the student was exonerated. The professor and the 100 other faculty members who signed the letter accusing the lacrosse team of harboring rapists also refused to apologize or retract the letter. They received no reprimand or any kind of censure from the university, if I recall correctly.

CH-Toronto

Kingfisher
Just watched the documentary. Wow. I had only had a cursory knowledge of the case, but didn't realize how lucky the students were in the end. This was more than just a "false accusation" - the D.A. held evidence proving their innocence and the only reason the truth came out is because the students had some damn good lawyers.

Balkanite

Woodpecker
Highly recommend anyone to watch this. Everything about the accuser does not surprise me including that she's in jail now for killing a boyfriend. It's a shame her word was considered the gospel.

I found it fascinating that the lead detective also committed suicide years after the case. He knows he played a part in creating false notes investigating the case.

The slimiest person was the prosecutor who shamelessly tried to ruin the lives of good looking young men for self gain. Big surprise that this guy is a Democrat and filed for bankruptcy after the players sued him.

Enoch

Ostrich
SJWs have no bullshit reader. I remember when this story broke, I asked myself:

Why would campus AMOGs (Lacrosse players) gang rape some basic black stripper? Knew the story was BS. Every story of a low status woman getting "raped" by a high status man or men should be taken with an ocean of salt. Kobe? Innocent. Bill Cosby? Innocent.

armenia4ever

Kingfisher
Me and my wife watched it. I found it to be pretty damn fair as well as a good analysis of what happened based on what I already know about the case.

It made the point well that when people are looking for witches, they find them, regardless of any facts.

What Nifong did was insane. He withheld evidence that would have cleared these kids because he was desperate to convict them

He assumed they were guilty and it was also an election season and he staked his campaign on convicting them. It's scary as hell.

I think it was key that the lawyers for each of the 3 all decided to coordinate and work together. It's how they caught the DNA revelation that cleared them.

Buakaw

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Wow I had a bit of knowledge about this case but didn't know it was such a lying shitshow. This should be mandatory viewing:

- A sleazy DA that withholds evidence and desperately want to have a conviction so he can get reelected. Wtf.
- Police officers that changes a witness description to fit the suspects.
- Asshole media that say that they learn a lesson, yet 10 years after still pump out the same shit.

Man I am not going to move back to the US anytime soon.

bigrich

Robin
This narrative goes against the privilege narrative held dear by the modern feminist. These rich white dudes where accused of rape by a black women and the police believed her, despite being a stripper. No slut shaming here. No racial bias here. Not only did they believe here, they fabricated evidence in an attempt to convict the innocent young men.

The institutions that are said to maintain the "rape culture" are actually willing and able to put men trial without evidence for rape.

Funny part is that the writer felt strange rooting for the innocent because of their race, class and sex in the face of a justice system that targeted them because of that.

realologist

Ostrich
Gold Member
I just watched this. One of the best 30 for 30s and documentaries I've ever watched.

It really sheds light on all the things wrong with journalism/media to the start of the all this rape culture, campus rape bullshit. Reminds me of the way the media portrays Trump today.

The DA Nifong was a fucking snake, slimebag that looked to prosecute the 3 innocent Duke players with nothing just to maintain his seat of power by getting votes.

He didn't get enough of a punishment to me. Only a disbar, suing and 1 day in jail. Should have sent his ass to prison for his malicious attempt to prosecute the innocent.

The woman Crystal was also clearly mentally ill to the point of hospitalization a year prior to the incident and her former church mentor basically said that she was crazy. Her word was more believable though.

That whole case was a joke and sexual assault, rape, etc should be looked at very carefully to avoid incidents like this. It won't though as I think about half of the innocent projects expungements are from rape cases.

Just watched it..

One the best films/documentaries I've ever watched.
Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Throughout the whole film I just kept thinking of the people who sticks with you no matter what... I've been in some serious problems, and my parents
Have always been there for me.

This film made me feel the importance of brotherhood/camaraderie, fatherhood and mentorship (their coach).

10/10 would watch again!

Delta

Kingfisher
Bumping as I just saw a rerun of this.

Biggest takeaway for me was shock at how similar SJWs were 10 years ago versus today. All of the hysterical cries about how justice needs to be done, privileged white men get away with everything, etc. could've easily been straight out of a BLM protest. As is often the case today, the masses never gave a second thought to facts or evidence. They were just frenziedly eager to wreck some lives of the type of people they'd been conditioned to hate. Again, the BLM parallels are eerie. And yet the same media that looked like jackasses jumping to conclusions 10 years ago still consistently sides with the ill-informed rage mobs. Somehow no one learned their lesson, unfortunately.

This film made me especially proud to stand for due process and waiting to know all of the relevant facts before condemning someone.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Delta said:
Bumping as I just saw a rerun of this.

Biggest takeaway for me was shock at how similar SJWs were 10 years ago versus today. All of the hysterical cries about how justice needs to be done, privileged white men get away with everything, etc. could've easily been straight out of a BLM protest. As is often the case today, the masses never gave a second thought to facts or evidence. They were just frenziedly eager to wreck some lives of the type of people they'd been conditioned to hate. Again, the BLM parallels are eerie. And yet the same media that looked like jackasses jumping to conclusions 10 years ago still consistently sides with the ill-informed rage mobs. Somehow no one learned their lesson, unfortunately.

This film made me especially proud to stand for due process and waiting to know all of the relevant facts before condemning someone.
Today's media is just modern society's Colosseum. A consequence of our baser fight or flight instincts largely insulated from real danger and need to fight for survival.

"With the accession of the first emperor Augustus (31 BC – AD 14), the Roman state embarked on a period of long-term peace (pax romana). For more than two centuries, thanks to its effective defence by frontier armies, the inner core of the Roman empire was virtually insulated from the direct experience of war. Then in memory of their warrior traditions, the Romans set up artificia1 battlefields in cities and towns for public amusement. The custom spread from Italy to the provinces"

Blind outrage is just contemporary blood lust.

The mouth breathing masses don't care about justice, guilt or innocence. They just want to see someone, anyone, (as long as it it isn't them of course) get chopped to fucking pieces.

"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant" ("Hail, Emperor, those who are about to die salute you") is a well-known Latin phrase quoted in Suetonius, De Vita Caesarum

Has become: "To those about to die...fuck you!!!"

Delta

Kingfisher
PapayaTapper said:
The mouth breathing masses don't care about justice, guilt or innocence. They just want to see someone, anyone, (as long as it it isn't them of course) get chopped to fucking pieces.
I somewhat agree, but the masses don't just want to see *anyone* chopped to pieces. They need it to be their enemy. And what better enemy for SJWs than a group of athletic white guys from well-to-do families? On top of ticking all of the "privilege" boxes for adult society, they also represent the popular "jocks" who sit atop the high school and college social ladder (and would never consider dating feminists). It's a fairly unique combination that almost seems tailor made inspire resentment from SJWs.

The only other type of person capable of sparking that level of SJW rage is... white police officers. And we see how reasonable and level-headed SJWs are in cases of potential police misconduct :laugh:.

Anyway, if your hypothesis that the masses just want to see *anyone* chopped to pieces were true, then there would be a rain of outrage on the black single mother who attempted to wreck 3 lives and undermined credibility of future rape accusations. But a black single mother cannot provoke outrage in the outrage prone. These people need to obliterate those they envy to get their fix.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
Delta said:
PapayaTapper said:
I somewhat agree, but the masses don't just want to see *anyone* chopped to pieces. They need it to be their enemy. And what better enemy for SJWs than a group of athletic white guys from well-to-do families? On top of ticking all of the "privilege" boxes for adult society, they also represent the popular "jocks" who sit atop the high school and college social ladder (and would never consider dating feminists). It's a fairly unique combination that almost seems tailor made inspire resentment from SJWs.

The only other type of person capable of sparking that level of SJW rage is... white police officers. And we see how reasonable and level-headed SJWs are in cases of potential police misconduct :laugh:.

Anyway, if your hypothesis that the masses just want to see *anyone* chopped to pieces were true, then there would be a rain of outrage on the black single mother who attempted to wreck 3 lives and undermined credibility of future rape accusations. But a black single mother cannot provoke outrage in the outrage prone. These people need to obliterate those they envy to get their fix.
But that's the social pathology. Its the MSM that decides who gets thrown into the metaphorical "arena". The black single mother doesn't happen to fit the desired narrative is why she isn't crucified. If she did and she was then I have no doubt the reality-tv-human-cock-fight -addicted public could easily be convinced that she deserves to be hated and her destruction enjoyed. They dont "side with the ill-informed rage mobs"... They create them. You said it yourself. "the'yre conditioned to hate"

TheBoom

Sparrow
Gold Member
There is no reason for women not to pick high profile hoax cases that blow up in their faces because they won't blow up in their faces. White men are desperate to prove that they are not weak. So, they will never defend men who are charged with fake rape nor will they change the laws. All women have to do is call men who fight for men's rights MRA and men will cower on the sidelines with their chests pumped out trying to show the great game they have.

Delta

Kingfisher
I finally read the entire the article linked by the OP and found another unbelievable quote:

Fantastic Lies, the latest entry in ESPN’s 30 for 30 documentary series, chronicles the country’s swift outcry over what appeared to be a textbook collision of privilege, racism, and rape culture in athletics at an elite university.
"Textbook." As in, the author believes it's a typical occurrence for upper class white guys at an elite college to gang-rape a poor minority woman. I won't bother pulling up the statistics because we all know what they'll say.

There seems to be an epidemic of people who, for whatever reason, are incapable of perceiving reality as it actually is. That's bad enough. But it's compounded by the fact that these delusional people gravitate heavily toward journalism and media.