ESPN will cut more than 100 employees today

puckerman

Ostrich
This could have very interesting repercussions elsewhere. Major college sports is one of the biggest bubbles out there right now. ESPN covers lots of it.

scrambled

Kingfisher
How successful then has SJW/converged ESPN been, or will soon be, in replacing traditional sports fans with Bernie/Hillary voters? As it is continually pozzed, will the poz people start watching fatties comment on the NFL Combine? There are a lot of unmasculine men and unfeminine women who still watch tv, perhaps they can be gamed into taking over men's traditional venue of competitive sports.

The Wire

Kingfisher
Gold Member
scrambled said:
But is this because of political shilling, or society's move from cable/TV to internet streaming? I hope it is just rewards, but I think it is more likely systemic change.

I'm pretty certain it's because society is cutting cable. There will be a lot more of this going on over the next 5 years for different networks.

Peacock
Gold Member
Here's an ESPN commercial from 1999, it was a campaign unabashedly aimed at men (who were 90%+ of their viewership), making fun of women:

Much more likely due to cord cutting than any liberal slant. People don't pay for cable (and, therefore, ESPN) anymore. Trying to cut operating costs in a changing media climate.

BigTony

Robin
ESPN set for another round of massive layoffs before year’s end.

The cutbacks will target 40 to 60 people, including on-air television and radio talent as well as production staffers, and most likely happen between late November and early December.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/espn-set-massive-layoffs-year-article-1.3592295

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-s...elt-svp-jemele-hill/1js74yxvu7l0wz8g26kdwl7nd

I was surprised Jemele Hill didn't get laid off earlier this year. I don't think she makes the cut this time. She has been pushing the race issue for far too long.

ESPN is dying.

TravelerKai

Peacock
Gold Member
BigTony said:
ESPN set for another round of massive layoffs before year’s end.

The cutbacks will target 40 to 60 people, including on-air television and radio talent as well as production staffers, and most likely happen between late November and early December.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/espn-set-massive-layoffs-year-article-1.3592295

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-s...elt-svp-jemele-hill/1js74yxvu7l0wz8g26kdwl7nd

I was surprised Jemele Hill didn't get laid off earlier this year. I don't think she makes the cut this time. She has been pushing the race issue for far too long.

ESPN is dying.

Nah I bet she stays. Disney just started a fag children's TV show. They will not only double down, they will triple down on SJW. Look for whatever is left of the men to get tossed.

At some point they won't be able to afford even some of the SJW people or some of the women. I'll believe it when I see them get cut too, like Suzy Kolber for example.

BigTony

Robin
That is a good point TK, ESPN is pro-LGTB and pro-SJW.

I remember when Hill was writing articles for ESPN.com. The men in the comments section were calling her out for her views even back then. Either way, ESPN doesn't cater to men anymore. They are reaping the rewards for it now.

MajorStyles

Pelican
BigTony said:
I remember when Hill was writing articles for ESPN.com. The men in the comments section were calling her out for her views even back then. Either way, ESPN doesn't cater to men anymore. They are reaping the rewards for it now.

I reviewed Jamele Hill's online bio, and she checks all the dysfunctional boxes.

Grew up without a father = check
Never married = check
No children = check
Over 40 = check
Rumored to be a lesbian = check

In short, what happens when you give a post-wall, single woman without children a national audience? Answer: an attention whore that subverts the common good to satiate her lonely existence.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
BigTony said:
...snip...
ESPN is dying.

Good. Let them burn.

mg7ts.gif

We got better things to do with our free time. There is more to life than just watching ESPN... like chasing girls, martial arts training, reading books, traveling and so much more.

CJ_W

Pelican
TravelerKai said:
Chunnel said:
Len Elmore and Trent Dilfer were the noticeable ones I saw let go. I'm happy as a clam to see espn continue its descent down the toilet, but am a bit sad to see guys like this, who are extremely knowledgeable and articulate for the layman let go.

It continues to make me wonder what ESPNs endgame is. They currently do next to nothing in terms of real analysis and now they let their best (IMO) football analyst, top notch basketball commentator, and highly respected baseball reporter go, for what? More pandering to the least common denominator?

Continue digging your own grave ESPN

Most layoffs are almost always the people with the highest payroll and bonus amounts.

This is Troubleing, its like ESPN is kicking off the 20% of people that bring in the most value. . .usually people like this quit the company first, THEN the company begins it's slow decline to 0.

But is seems that espn is firing them instead. Its like the want to go out of business faster.

If anyone has stock in ESPN. . .sell it.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
At around the 1:11 mark a short haired dike thinks that we need to "Go back into the school system and reprogram how we raise men"

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
Cr33pin said:

Many of the clips in this video are actually many years old. It shows that SJWSPN isn't really a new thing but they have ramped it up significantly in the last 2 years or so. The proverbial frog in the hot water has noticed the temperature has risen too much and is jumping out. ESPN is just SJW/feminist/left wing propaganda in between sports highlights and games.

Stirfry

Woodpecker
Just some interesting ESPN news that I thought to post here, since it may partly explain why the whole network is circling the bowl:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/espn-goes-public-texts-between-135013456.html

“Lawrence came to ESPN in 2015 under a two-year racial diversity fellowship program. The network decided not to hire full time her after she completed the fellowship this year. Lawrence said the decision was part of the network's retaliation against her for going to supervisors with claims of harassment. She also said she pushed back against rumors she and Buccigross, 51, were in a relationship.”

One of their “diversity” affirmative action interns is suing them for sexual harassment.

You know, we may survive this whole SJW thing after all, if they wind up eating each other.

BigTony

Robin
ESPN took an unusual step Thursday night in publishing a series of text messages between "SportsCenter" anchor John Buccigross and former anchor candidate Adrienne Lawrence, who is pursuing a harassment action against the network.

The network said it released the texts to show Buccigross and Lawrence had developed a consensual friendship and that no harassment took place, contrary to what Lawrence is claiming. Lawrence's case is covered by The Boston Globe in an article that also depicts the network as being extremely hostile toward female employees.

Buccigross told the Globe he "considered Adrienne to be a friend" and that he was sorry "if anything I did or said offended Adrienne. It certainly wasn’t my intent.

......The case is on track to become a federal lawsuit........

Possible revenge harassment lawsuit for a pump and dump?

Kid Twist

Hummingbird
How long does this BS last? It's funny when it is SJW types that eat each other up but what has to happen for this ridiculous shit to stop? Economic collapse? LOL

IveBeenFramed

Kingfisher
ESPN President Quits Due To "Substance Addiction"

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/21804776/john-skipper-resigns-espn-president

Today I have resigned from my duties as President of ESPN. I have had a wonderful career at the Walt Disney Company and am grateful for the many opportunities and friendships. I owe a debt to many, but most profoundly Michael Lynton, George Bodenheimer and Bob Iger.

I have struggled for many years with a substance addiction. I have decided that the most important thing I can do right now is to take care of my problem.

I have disclosed that decision to the company, and we mutually agreed that it was appropriate that I resign. I will always appreciate the human understanding and warmth that Bob displayed here and always.

I come to this public disclosure with embarrassment, trepidation and a feeling of having let others I care about down.

As I deal with this issue and what it means to me and my family, I ask for appropriate privacy and a little understanding.

To my colleagues at ESPN, it has been a privilege. I take great pride in your accomplishments and have complete confidence in your collective ability to continue ESPN's success.