European energy crisis due to war

Caduceus

Ostrich
I just did, this is what they said.

"Unless rapidly repaired, German authorities stated that the three damaged lines (both lines in Nord Stream 1 and line A in Nord Stream 2) are unlikely to ever become operational again due to corrosion caused by sea water.[1] The Washington Post reported that the incidents are likely to put a permanent end to both Nord Stream projects."

So it's either they get repaired quickly, or the end for the pipes! Pray for them Samseau!

I'm sure they have contingency plans for this scenario when they built them.

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
What makes me sick is the fact that nothing happens after this attack. The media don't report at all or point the finger at Russia.

Actually, this should mean the end of Germany's NATO membership, but since the people in the government are corrupt and act like puppets of the US, this attack will probably have no consequences (yet).

Germany must finally become sovereign, no matter what the cost.

Leaving the EU would also be a goal in this process. Each European country should have its own currency again and be able to revaluate or devalue it at will.

The aggressions of the USA tell me that it goes with the American empire so slowly to end. If this empire cannot survive in a free market economy and can only maintain its supremacy by means of "hit jobs", then the time of the downfall has come.

Last edited:

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Leaving the EU would also be a goal in this process. Each European country should have its own currency again and be able to revaluate or devalue it at will.

Why are Germans so in favour of EU membership?

I've only ever seen two polls of Europeans' opinions on leaving the EU. They didn't include all countries, but if I remember correctly the ones that would leave if given the vote would be Italy, Czechia, The Netherlands (if remaining in the common market). I think there might have been one or two others. But Germany was dead last with only 17% wanting to leave, Italy was at 52% and I don't remember CzR. France was not far behind at 45%. This was 2016, so I'm sure those number have edged up a bit.

Regardless, I can't see the current order staying together in Europe. Surely Italy is on the course to slip out of the euro in the coming financial crash. Anyone have any insight or ideas as to what the Eurocrats may do as their one-party state starts tanking much harder than it did in 2008?

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member

I've only ever seen two polls of Europeans' opinions on leaving the EU. They didn't include all countries, but if I remember correctly the ones that would leave if given the vote would be Italy, Czechia, The Netherlands (if remaining in the common market). I think there might have been one or two others. But Germany was dead last with only 17% wanting to leave, Italy was at 52% and I don't remember CzR. France was not far behind at 45%. This was 2016, so I'm sure those number have edged up a bit.

Regardless, I can't see the current order staying together in Europe. Surely Italy is on the course to slip out of the euro in the coming financial crash. Anyone have any insight or ideas as to what the Eurocrats may do as their one-party state starts tanking much harder than it did in 2008?
Because Germany gets enormous economic benefits from leeching off the rest of the Eurozone, which makes its exports artificially cheap to a vast degree. If Germany still had the Deutschmark, it would be so expensive that its exports would be uncompetitive like Switzerland's, and the German economy would not be so developed.

Instead, what happens is that German products are the cheapest in the Eurozone, which is simply lunacy when you consider what a rich and highly developed country it is. German consumer goods and supermarket chains proliferate everything in Europe, selling mainly German products and devastating the local competition that is rendered uncompetitive because its goods and labor expenses have all artificially been made expensive in comparison. It's a perverse inversion of reality.

Heck, Germany even pays farmers in other EU countries to not plant anything on their land (supposedly for "ecology") - with the obvious result being that Germany does it instead and sells it to those same countries at a profit.

The Germans put on a big show about how they "bail out" other "irresponsible" EU members, but the reality is that those members only need to be bailed out because of Germany in the first place.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Instead, what happens is that German products are the cheapest in the Eurozone, which is simply lunacy when you consider what a rich and highly developed country it is. German consumer goods and supermarket chains proliferate everything in Europe, selling mainly German products and devastating the local competition that is rendered uncompetitive because its goods and labor expenses have all artificially been made expensive in comparison. It's a perverse inversion of reality.

It does appear that Germany's main (or one of the main) principles for operating is to serve those very large companies they have like Aldi, Lidl, Billa (based in AT).

For quite a long time I have prodded awake people to stop shopping at these supermarkets, as well as the domestic or other multi-national ones. But the vast majority of people can't stop.

I think this is one of many large changes. Right now I'm in a village with a population of under 4,000. There are small family run grocery stores on pretty much every street. There's a shop selling children's toys, a pharmacy, a bread maker, a few mechanic type places. In the increasingly not so glamorous cities, these people would all be reduced to minimum wage jobbies with no real stake in anything.

When I've seen these German supermarkets popping up in places like Serbia, it's a bit disconcerting. Serbia has a very good culture with food. There's lots of shop selling high quality food from home and abroad, and great food markets. I have no idea why anyone would want to shop at Billa or Lidl when you can have real food for less.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Yes, I hate those supermarket chains, though not so much for their German connection as for the fact that they do that stupid, soulless model of leaving things packed on palettes, with absolutely no one in sight to ask if you ever need assistance with anything and a permanent lack of cashiers that results in the most massive queues ever seen. Not to mention that every single food safety product recall so far has happened only in those chains.

"But they have a no-name beer that's 3% cheaper than at other supermarkets! Think of the savings! How could you pass on that?"

Barf.

It's even more ridiculous when foreign tourists come here and, instead of shopping at a local supermarket chain (which has all of the common products from their countries anyway) that's just around the corner, go to a Lidl that's 30 minutes away because they. Simply. Must. Have. Lidl!

dicknixon72

Ostrich
Yes, I hate those supermarket chains, though not so much for their German connection as for the fact that they do that stupid, soulless model of leaving things packed on palettes, with absolutely no one in sight to ask if you ever need assistance with anything and a permanent lack of cashiers that results in the most massive queues ever seen. Not to mention that every single food safety product recall so far has happened only in those chains.

"But they have a no-name beer that's 3% cheaper than at other supermarkets! Think of the savings! How could you pass on that?"

Barf.

It's even more ridiculous when foreign tourists come here and, instead of shopping at a local supermarket chain (which has all of the common products from their countries anyway) that's just around the corner, go to a Lidl that's 30 minutes away because they. Simply. Must. Have. Lidl!
Are you talking about Aldi? :laughter::laughter:

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
IMG_20221003_113303.jpg

izegmozog-fincankol.gif

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Darren Beattie: "Europe is slave state of the U.S."

Speaking to Steve Bannon, investigative journalist Darren Beattie reiterated his accusation that the Biden administration was behind the attack on the Nord Stream pipeline. It is now "obvious" that Germany and Europe are a "vassal state of the United States," Beattie said.

csm-Biden-Nord-Stream-e282926c7d.jpg

On Wednesday, Sept. 28, investigative journalist Darren Beattie, editor-in-chief of the news portal Revolver News, had already accused the U.S. of being behind the blasting of the Nord Stream pipeline on Sept. 26. Speaking on Bannon's "War Room" program Friday, Beattie called the alleged sabotage of the Nord Stream pipeline "one of the most significant attacks on European infrastructure in decades" and "a dramatic escalation."

"The Europeans all tacitly understand that it was probably NATO itself. That's why they're keeping their mouths shut now like good little vassal states," Beattie said.

Bannon asked Beattie if he had evidence to support his explosive allegations. Beattie called his conclusion "the logical thing to do when you look at how the countries involved have reacted." Under normal circumstances, the pipeline attack would be "an act of war" against Germany, Beattie said, and "under all normal circumstances, the Germans would make a huge fuss about it." However, the fact that no one in Germany is seriously asking for clarification shows that the German government is well aware of who is behind the attack but does not want to make an issue of it, Beattie said.

"So you're saying the passivity of the German elites and the German military?" asked Bannon - not blaming Russia, for example, and demanding clarification, but "the absolute silence" from Berlin, shows "that NATO is behind this ... the U.S. or an ally?" said Bannon.

Europe's reaction shows who is behind it

"The U.S. or a NATO ally" was probably behind it, Beattie said. "I'm not suggesting it was necessarily the U.S. Navy directly. But that's the logical conclusion when you look at who has a motive, who benefits, and the reaction by the European countries themselves, including a Polish MEP who was apparently so excited - I don't think anyone told him to shut up - that he took to Twitter to thank the U.S. for blowing it up."

Beattie was alluding to Polish MEP Radek Sikorski, who is married to journalist Anne Applebaum, a writer at The Atlantic, the U.S. magazine that sets the tone among U.S. Democrats. Applebaum was a stooge for the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory and in 2020 fueled the conspiracy theory that Putin was paying bounties for dead Americans in Afghanistan. Applebaum is now part of the Integrity Initiative, which is mobilizing the West's media front against Russia, Beattie said. Radek's tweet has since been deleted.

Nord Stream 2 has always been a thorn in the side of the U.S. military

"Nord Stream 2 is the key to understanding what's going on," Beattie said. "It's about who controls Europe. Europe, it is now becoming clear, is even more of a vassal state of the U.S. than we could have ever imagined. This was countered by the natural alliance between Germany and Russia. Germany has a large economy and needs energy, Russia has cheap energy and needs buyers for it. It was natural for the Russians to supply Germany with energy in the form of Nord Stream. But that undermines the influence of the United States, both geopolitically and economically, because we wanted to sell our far more expensive LNG gas to Europe and have total control of Europe."

Nord Stream 2 "has always been a thorn in the side of the U.S. military establishment," Beattie said, "particularly the transatlantic faction that is obsessed with destroying Russia, obsessed with maintaining complete hegemony over Europe."

U.S. used German Greens against Nord Stream

The United States, he said, "made a lot of maneuvers to prevent the pipeline - to impose sanctions and to support the Greens in Germany to be against the pipeline. None of that came to anything. In the days leading up to the sabotage of the pipeline, there were big demonstrations in Germany where people were saying, given the threat of an energy crisis in Germany this winter, 'Look, we have this insanely expensive piece of infrastructure, this pipeline from Russia that has the capacity to give us cheap energy, and we're facing a very difficult energy situation in the winter.' The only thing that prevents us from using this pipeline is the political hesitation of the German chancellor, who, as the head of a vassal state, is completely subordinate to the interests of the United States. Now that the Nord Stream pipeline has been sabotaged, this option is off the table. Now the only leverage the Russians - and frankly, the Europeans - had is gone, and they are completely at the mercy of the U.S."

"If you look at the reactions to this act of sabotage," Beattie said, "it's not the kind of reaction that any reasonable sovereign state would have to an attack on its infrastructure of this magnitude. That's because they (the Germans) are in a very awkward predicament. They know that the U.S. or one of its NATO proxies is behind it. So what else can they do but put their tails between their legs, bow their heads and keep their mouths shut? And that's more or less what they've done."

The problem is that Germans have no pride

"For all the talk about Putin being so daring ... Putin is not daring at all," Beattie said. "The U.S. and its NATO allies have basically declared war on Russia by destroying Nord Stream, and Putin has done nothing about it. ... The United States has gotten away with what it wanted all along, which is the destruction of Nord Stream 2. Russia is doing nothing about it, and Europe is doing nothing about it."

"It used to be a kind of unspoken, tacit understanding that there are no real sovereign countries in Europe. Now it's completely obvious: Europe is a vassal state. Europe is a slave state of the United States. Putin basically tried to shame Europe for that in his speech. The only problem is that Germans don't know shame. They have no pride, they basically don't believe they deserve to be a sovereign nation. So now they're going to tuck their tail between their legs and pretend that nothing happened."

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic

Do you really believe in these polls that the MSM give you?

Well, I don't think Italy will be the next country to leave the EU, the blondy female won't do that.
My favorite candidate is Hungary, because on the one hand this country still receives Russian gas and on the other hand it is fed up with Brussels attempts to establish such degenerate stuff as LGBT and any other sorts of leftism.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Do you really believe in these polls that the MSM give you?

Well, I don't think Italy will be the next country to leave the EU, the blondy female won't do that.
My favorite candidate is Hungary, because on the one hand this country still receives Russian gas and on the other hand it is fed up with Brussels attempts to establish such degenerate stuff as LGBT and any other sorts of leftism.

One of the polls was by The Bow Group, which is oppositional to the mainstream. I'd say they were about right. Look at the composition of the EU Parliament. I think we all know the only way to unseat the current regime is by becoming poor.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I think it would be useful to retitle this thread to "European energy crisis" unless there are major objections.
No objections from me. Energy crisis is not only affecting Germany, but also other European countries so it makes sense to re-title the thread.

Last edited:

TruckDriver9

Hummingbird
I think it would be useful to retitle this thread to "European energy crisis" unless there are major objections.

I think that this thread, as well as the economic effects of war thread and the international supply chain thread are so interconnected - the energy crisis is a direct effect of the war and it leads to all supply chain/food shortage issues - that maybe they should be merged into one pan-european energy/economy crisis thread.

Last edited:

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
cross-post , thanks to @paternos

Been thinking about the whole situation and thinking it might be all just about power and energy.

Europe is now again buying energy, gas and oil, from the Americans / American allies. Probably the Israeli (Eastmed) pipeline will be built very soon.

Germany & Russia are natural allies. German technique for Russian energy. The US / Israel have been destroying any near Europe high energy resource relations: Libya / Iran / Russia.

Europe would benefit tremendously from good relations with Iran and Russia. (Gas and Oil) And the US will destroy everyone that's going against their Gas & Oil monopoly globally. 1:1 relations between Russia / Iran and Europe without the US in the middle would destroy the US.

maxresdefault.jpeg

View attachment Map-of-countries-by-proven-oil-reserves-(in-millions-of-barrels)---2017---US-EIA---Jo-Di-graph...jpg
Good article (written on Feb 21 and seems to hold true especially now):
https://en.irna.ir/news/84657963/US-wants-some-of-Europe-s-gas-market-ex-World-Bank-official

Europe has been under constant Jewish / US attack since WW2. The weakening, the pushing of migrants, the colour campaigns to stop nuclear energy and sour rain in the 80s, the BLM protests, it all originates from the US and the Jewish funds and now blowing up the direct Russian/German pipeline.

For hegemony it needs a weak and divided Europe. The US has been attacking Europe and the European people for many years. It is a very abusive relationship. We have their armies on our lands.

And for anyone who never visited Berlin, please do, next to the heart of the city, The Branderburger Tor directly sits the American Embassy. Even in a physical form it is clear who is in charge. And behind the American embassy is a huge holocaust memorial.

Germany_Berlin_EXT3_944_1.jpeg

Germany is occupied territory and a pipeline between Russia/Germany would destroy the total control.

Some other countries like the Netherlands are completely pushing the internationalist (= Jewish/US narrative) and pushing for conflict with Russia.

This article is interesting: https://www.politico.eu/article/tensions-flare-over-the-eus-new-irresponsible-big-spender-germany/
It hardly helps these growing tensions that it was Berlin's misguided dependence on Russian gas that helped trigger the bloc's energy crisis in the first place.

The Jews fear the germans I feel. For 75 years they have been smashing the heads of the Germans day in day out with propaganda. And completely ruining their own international relations. I wonder when the Germans will wake up like many of the Western Europeans that we have been abused for many years against our interest, and realize the ally is actually the enemy.

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Well, the attack is primarily on Germany's gas supply, the gas pipelines end in Germany, with the impact being felt by the rest of Europe as well.

Therefore, my suggestion would be: "The German and Europian Energy Crises thread"