European Fall Lockdowns - Sweepstake

Zagor

Sparrow
At least there are some protest going on in Europe. Your average european is still a bit more independent thinking than your average aussie or american. I've already freed my schedule to go to a protest here in Croatia on 5.9. in Zagreb. If your based in Europe, find out where's the nearest protest rally to your location and join it. They're held at most major european cities. It's the least we can do.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
At least there are some protest going on in Europe. Your average european is still a bit more independent thinking than your average aussie or american. I've already freed my schedule to go to a protest here in Croatia on 5.9. in Zagreb. If your based in Europe, find out where's the nearest protest rally to your location and join it. They're held at most major european cities. It's the least we can do.
Here they're protesting FOR lockdowns... it's insane.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
They even had leading virologists like Didier Raoult declare the covid has a lower mortality than previous flu seasons in France and masks should be only recommended. Also he treats personally people by hydroxychloroquine and all the sudden studies coming out against it are nuts since the drug has been in use for 70 years and safety is very well established.

Raoult mentions something on top of it in the long interview - he says that currently there are only cases. The 4 supposed covid strains seem to have mutated and are by now less dangerous than even the flu. So cases at this point mean nothing and mortality distribution is identical to previous years without a deadly pandemic.

But France had some strong lockdown measures and they will certainly go full Melbourne.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
They even had leading virologists like Didier Raoult declare the covid has a lower mortality than previous flu seasons in France and masks should be only recommended. Also he treats personally people by hydroxychloroquine and all the sudden studies coming out against it are nuts since the drug has been in use for 70 years and safety is very well established.

Raoult mentions something on top of it in the long interview - he says that currently there are only cases. The 4 supposed covid strains seem to have mutated and are by now less dangerous than even the flu. So cases at this point mean nothing and mortality distribution is identical to previous years without a deadly pandemic.

But France had some strong lockdown measures and they will certainly go full Melbourne.
'Full Melbourne'))

@Muscovite, yes, Belarus.

Here they're protesting FOR lockdowns... it's insane.
I'm in Sweden and I've been surprised at how reasonable the people in charge have been regarding the pandemic. Don't know anyone who's fallen seriously ill, and the only visible change in real life might be that the gyms were less crowded at the height of the fear propaganda. Went to the hospital today, had a chat with a few nurses and they told me everything's pretty much back to normal there as well.

And still, people in the media are screaming and kicking. They claim that Sweden is a totalitarian state, BECAUSE they did not impose lockdowns, framing it as if people are forced at gun point to go to work and are dropping dead on the spot. It's insane.

fokker

Pelican
I'm in Sweden and I've been surprised at how reasonable the people in charge have been regarding the pandemic. Don't know anyone who's fallen seriously ill, and the only visible change in real life might be that the gyms were less crowded at the height of the fear propaganda. Went to the hospital today, had a chat with a few nurses and they told me everything's pretty much back to normal there as well.

And still, people in the media are screaming and kicking. They claim that Sweden is a totalitarian state, BECAUSE they did not impose lockdowns, framing it as if people are forced at gun point to go to work and are dropping dead on the spot. It's insane.
I've seen some "maybe Sweden was right"-type articles in other Western MSM, which kinda gives me hope that by December, most governments will have that realisation. There's an article on the anti-Australian ABC, however, which states that adopting Sweden-style policies is """pRObLEmAtIC""".

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker

Same story here... and a large number of locals buy it.

They say here the media are artificially DEFLATING the numbers to keep the economy OPEN...

The evil...

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
I've seen some "maybe Sweden was right"-type articles in other Western MSM, which kinda gives me hope that by December, most governments will have that realisation. There's an article on the anti-Australian ABC, however, which states that adopting Sweden-style policies is """pRObLEmAtIC""".
Media is always owned by the usual suspects - in Sweden it's even (((the usual suspects))).

What is however funny that they always forget about the other countries like Iceland which did even less than Sweden except for entry, Denmark opened up more than Sweden after a short lockdown and Japan never really locked down with only voluntary recommendations being uttered. They focused squarely on Sweden hoping that their actual change of how they treated elderly patients with covid would result in some notable uptick in deaths. However nothing major happened despite suddenly giving care patients only morphine instead of other drugs. Morphine during high fever, angina or pneumonia will be ushering a few people to heaven a bit earlier, but those few were on their death beds anyway. And even despite all that - they have nothing and people playing in the sunshine, sitting in restaurants as if it's 2019.

Serfs shall sit at home with their facemasks on and wait for our trillion dollar vaccines.

fokker

Pelican
Anti-lockdown protests are also in the works for Melbourne this Saturday. Our communist premier is claiming he will release a "roadmap" to "ease" us out of Stage 4, but it's more than likely he'll probably extend Stage 4 or impose Stage 5 on us.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Berlin is having massive anti lockdown protests, hundreds of thousands attending, and consequently will need to be made an example of.
Definitely.

Independent media saying 1-2 million in the streets
Mainstream media saying "thousands" lol

On August 3rd they lied by a factor of 100, now they're lying by a factor of 1,000.