European Fall Lockdowns - Sweepstake

How Bulgaria looks in comparison?
No new measures yet in place. Growing cases, about 400 new a day, which seems higher than the usual 100-something a day. However, almost nobody new in intensive care so the emergency beds are operating at 9% capacity from what I read.

Restaurants, cafes and bars are open. Small festivals were held in September too. Masks in Supermarkets and shops. That is all there is. My office is slowly reopening. The government vowed to not do another full lockdown. However, they might isolate the elderly or something.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
No new measures yet in place. Growing cases, about 400 new a day, which seems higher than the usual 100-something a day. However, almost nobody new in intensive care so the emergency beds are operating at 9% capacity from what I read.

Restaurants, cafes and bars are open. Small festivals were held in September too. Masks in Supermarkets and shops. That is all there is. My office is slowly reopening. The government vowed to not do another full lockdown. However, they might isolate the elderly or something.
Please share any new developments. I'm highly interested in Bulgaria.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I've been moving across Poland a lot for the past month. The towns I've been to even one week ago were bustling with energy on weekend evenings. People enjoying themselves, meeting friends and having a laugh. Pubs and cafes full. Now a week later we have a supposed problem. Give me a brake. If they don't poison people soon to make them actually die this shit will turn into a total grotesque and create even more resistance among those who still have a fraction of a brain.

95% of comments under the video (in which the Polish PM talks about various measures) are anti-plandemic. People are not covidiots.

Last edited:

Zoso

Woodpecker
I've been moving across Poland a lot for the past month. The towns I've been to even one week ago were bustling with energy on weekend evenings. People enjoying themselves, meeting friends and having a laugh. Pubs and cafes full. Now a week later we have a supposed problem. Give me a brake. If they don't poison people soon to make them actually die this shit will turn into a total grotesque and create even more resistance among those who still have a fraction of a brain.

95% of comments under the video (in which the Polish PM talks about various measures) are anti-plandemic. People are not covidiots.
It's encouraging seeing people that are not buying this BS.
But, I was checking Rona statistics about Poland last days and it seems that the number of deaths are increasing.
Have you noticed something different there last days?

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
Step 1 - Kick off > Start the thing in China, the worlds most draconian/CCTV facial recognition country already (next to North Korea)
- Lock them all down hard (which they all already are anyway), show the world how 'successful' that was and warm onlookers to this concept

Step 2 - Southern Hemisphere Winter 2020 > Then first wave / second wave in a left leaning, liberal Western country (Melbourne)
- Monitor for resistance and other data collection. Learn that it takes 6 months before people start weekly protests (in small numbers). Roll out as many draconian laws and measures as possible. Get the slaves fighting among themselves. Have the world watch on, becoming more conditioned to accept this program.
Melbourne is a special case, it's the only state in Australia to have Rona floating in the community, so they have to rush elimination to keep the entire country safe. Things are pretty much back to usual in the rest of the country, Perth is even having big festivals.

Your sacrifice is necessary, because any state that allows Victorians to pass through could potentially become infected themselves, so Queensland still isn't permitting people from near-virus free Sydney to cross the border. It's also stopping Australia from having travel bubbles with other virus free countries.

Lockdowns are crazy without firm borders to infected regions, otherwise, it'll just delay the spread. The UK had hard lockdowns, but open borders, and we've suffered a lot. I wish I was back in Taiwan or Sydney, for that matter. Even Melbourne would be good, as at least your lockdowns will come to an end but all our suffering is in vain over here.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
They are ramping up the propaganda, that's what we are seeing. The numbers are all fake as we know since April.
Correct - the numbers are fake or better put. The cases are easily ramped up as hospitals are now specifically paid to write up covid patients.

Again - there are no more deaths in any European country now anywhere! All the covid-deaths would just have been cancer, heart attack, or old age deaths a few months ago.

It's encouraging seeing people that are not buying this BS.
But, I was checking Rona statistics about Poland last days and it seems that the number of deaths are increasing.
Have you noticed something different there last days?
Flu season starts in Poland around September/October so it was obvious there will be more deaths related to respiratory diseases (as it is every year). Of course, these days if you sneeze once while hospitalised then you're marked as a Covid-19 patient. Our Health Department in their daily briefings give the overall figure (death with) but also the specific number (death from). And, unsurprisingly, the latter has been pretty much consistent for the last 6-7 months (during the summer it was around 1-2 per day, it's gone up to 4-5 now).
The number of cases stat has never been reliable in Poland and these days it's a total farce so it's completely meaningless (as it is across the world to be honest).

ginsu

Robin
Netherlands is doing its best to catch up, i think it just made its entry into the race for who gets 2nd lockdowns first. ALL bars, restaurants, night life, terraces are closed starting from tomorrow ( there is no end date ). Furthermore masks are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces. Schools, shops etc. Music events, Team sports / classes are canceled. Individual sports is still fine, but if its indoors like the gym i guess you will have to wear a mask. After 8 no alcohol will be sold and hanging out on the streets will be fined ( to stop the youth from taking nightlife from bars to the street ). Zoo, markets, museums, theatre is still open. Travel in public transport only permitted unless strictly necessary. Inside and outside groups of max 4.

Next step just masks in outdoor spaces and more restricted travel/flights to get the full lockdown bingo.

It was pretty surprising that it remained so free '' relatively'' compared to other countries, well now its time for them to show their true colors again and fall in line with the agenda. The founder of the bilderberg group came from the dutch royal family, and he said it was his biggest achievement.

Last edited:

John Silva

Sparrow
Netherlands is doing its best to catch up, i think it just made its entry into the race for who gets 2nd lockdowns first. ALL bars, restaurants, night life, terraces are closed starting from tomorrow ( there is no end date ). Furthermore masks are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces. Schools, shops etc. Music events, Team sports / classes are canceled. Individual sports is still fine, but if its indoors like the gym i guess you will have to wear a mask. After 8 no alcohol will be sold and hanging out on the streets will be fined ( to stop the youth from taking nightlife from bars to the street ). Zoo, markets, museums, theatre is still open. Travel in public transport only permitted unless strictly necessary. Inside and outside groups of max 4.

Next step just masks in outdoor spaces and more restricted travel/flights to get the full lockdown bingo.

It was pretty surprising that it remained so free '' relatively'' compared to other countries, well now its time for them to show their true colors again and fall in line with the agenda. The founder of the bilderberg group came from the dutch royal family, and he said it was his biggest achievement.
Without this 'measures' no one would notice that there's a 'pandemic' going on, hence all this bullshit.

Next of course will be masks in outdoor spaces and police going nuts 'enforcing' the mandatory outdoor mask.

When all this started someone told me that 'worst than the pandemic it's the paranoia'. I knew he was right at the time, but didn't realize it was prophetic.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
Without this 'measures' no one would notice that there's a 'pandemic' going on, hence all this bullshit.

Next of course will be masks in outdoor spaces and police going nuts 'enforcing' the mandatory outdoor mask.

When all this started someone told me that 'worst than the pandemic it's the paranoia'. I knew he was right at the time, but didn't realize it was prophetic.
I remember staring a thread in the old travel forum called "The age of commercial mass tourism is coming to an end" (or something similar) I based that at the time on the global warming and "flight shame" phenomenon, and growing resentment against tourist amongst locals as a consequence of airBnB driving up rentals etc. (factors that still might apply again in time)

I got a lot of flack for it at the time, but I still think it`s a coming reality. The current situation (which I did of course not predict) will not resolve itself in terms of travel and tourism restrictions in the coming years I think. It will be a long lasting issue. I wouldn`t even consider a career as a pilot, ATC or anything like that (outside military etc.) if I were a young guy contemplating what to do with my life at this moment. I don`t think we will get back to mass tourism as far as the West in concerned at least in the coming decades, or even potentially longer that that.

Last edited:
Which are the Euro countries that are buying this BS the less?? Besides Sweden...
Finland is pretty normal, probably Scandinavia too. In Finland bars closing a bit early, but otherwise not too much restrictions. Big audiencies in stadiums have to wear a mask, but in streets, supermarkets and other public places not so many people use a mask.

"Which are the countries with fewest restrictions?" is a question asked a lot in different threads. Should we start a thread about most travel friendly / least restrictions destinations?

AManLikePutin

Kingfisher
Poland just went more gay now.

From Saturday, all restaurants/bars/clubs must close by 21.

Gyms, pools, amusement centers all closed.

Public gatherings limited to 25 people In most of the country , 10 in the red zones.

PIS is truly the Polish version of RINO Republicans. Morawiecki, Kaczynski and Duda are basically Mitt Romeny, Paul Ryan and McCain just in Polish names.

Fuck this gay earth.